The Lost One Ch. 10

Story Info
Battles errupt in the Drexal Fortress.
9.8k words
4.89
5.7k
0

Part 9 of the 12 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/25/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zodia195
Zodia195
96 Followers

A/N: See I told you I wouldn't leave you hanging for long hehe. This chapter is another long one and it's action pacted hehe. Thanks Blackstallion21 for editing. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

X.

Lost and

Found

"Let us go!" screamed Freyia.

"Silence! If anyone of you makes so much as a whisper, then the small one dies." warned one of henchmen.

All four of Zeather's henchmen were orcs. Tarma began to cry, but Palla managed to calm her down. As much as Pristine wanted to help, she knew that she couldn't because she was not a sword fighter like Lance or Xack or Sir Reginald. Besides, if one of them escaped and told the Evil One, then she'd really be in trouble. It was best to follow them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During this time, Lance, several of the Scallen men, and the others were searching throughout the area for Pristine's group.

"No luck over there!" said Xack as he returned to Lance with several men.

Soon Grayson, Sir Reginald, and the other men returned without finding a trace of Drock and the girls.

"Sorry bro. It's like they vanished into thin air." apologized Grayson.

"Where can they be?" wondered Lance, who was slowly going insane with worry.

He hid it though. Grayson himself was beginning to get sick with worry for Ophealia. Unlike Lance though, he didn't hide it.

"Man! I hope nothing bad has happened to them. What if-"

"Grayson, calm down! Panicking isn't going to help." scolded Xack.

"I can only assume that they're on Jarain territory." assumed Carson.

"Then we better search there next."

"No, we won't. We'll be caught and tortured. Best go back to the house."

Lance started to protest, but Sir Reginald stopped him. When they returned to the manor, they noticed something was not right. People were running around.

"Dickory! What's wrong?" Carson demanded one of the servants.

"Miss Palla and Tarma have not yet returned. They should have been back by now."

"You're right, they should have. Forgive me Lance, but I'm afraid we can't help you. I must find my brother."

"No problem."

As Carson and the other Scallen men left them, Grayson came up and said, "You know what I think? I think Zeather might something to do with this."

"Why would you think that?" asked Xack.

"Inion said that the Evil One has a fortress near here. And since we're out in the open, Zeather can do whatever he wants like . . ."

"Set a trap." finished Sir Reginald.

"You're right Grayson. Zeather's going to set a trap for Pristine and is using those girls as bait. We better find them before the others get word." replied Lance.

"Lance, how are we going to get away from here?" asked Xack.

"I know! We'll just tell Baron Boris that we'll help find his nieces." suggested Grayson.

"Great! Is that all right with you Sir Reginald?" asked Lance.

"I guess. We would be searching for the two lasses."

"Thanks. Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the same time, the others were looking for Pristine.

"That Pristine has got to stop disappearing." complained Ophealia.

"I'm sure she had a reason for doing so, your highness." Lola commented.

"Still . . ."

"Pristine can take care of herself Princess Ophealia." Drock interrupted.

"Did anyone notice when Pristine left?" asked Kyra.

"I noticed Pristine was gone soon after Freyia left." replied Mallian.

"Then that means if we find Freyia, we might find Pristine?" assumed Lola.

"Right."

They kept walking along until they noticed servants running around.

"Excuse me, but what's happened?" Ophealia asked a serving maid.

"Everyone is looking for Freyia. She was last seen going to the apple orchard near Scallen territory. Our lord thinks the Scallen might have gotten her as well as that friend of yours."

"You mean Pristine?!" exclaimed Kyra.

"We'll help look." said Pixie.

"Oh thank-you." bowed the maid before scurrying off.

"I seriously doubt Pristine and Freyia were caught by the Scallen family." commented Drock.

"Why do you think so?" asked Kyra.

"Because with all the disputing around here, some of the things said about the Scallen may be untrue. Besides, Pristine isn't so easily caught."

"It sounds to me that Zeather is behind this." said Mallian.

"I think so too. The Evil One might have captured Freyia and set her up as bait." added Pixie.

"What should we do then?" asked Lola.

"We should find the others. With all this commotion, we'll be able to get out of here." Mallian suggested.

"What if we get caught?" Ophealia questioned.

"We'll say we're looking for Pristine and Freyia. We will still be telling them the truth, just not the whole truth." explained Drock.

"Great! Let's go!" shouted Kyra.

They eventually found the stables and loaded up their horses. As they mounted them, they noticed Lord Nelson rounding up some men.

"Lord Nelson? What are you doing?" asked Ophealia.

"Oh! Good day your highness. We're getting ready for our fight with the Scallen."

"Why?" asked Kyra.

"Because they have my Freyia and possibly your friend."

"Do you have proof?" asked Lola.

"Proof? Freyia is missing, isn't she? Let's go men!"

Lord Nelson mounted his horse. The other Jarain men mounted as well as they head off.

"Now what?" asked Lola.

"We find the others first." said Drock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was midday when Lance and his group were near the Jarain territory. Lance ordered his men to stay at the Scallen manor just in case the others showed up.

"Look Lance. Someone is coming." pointed Grayson.

It was one of the outlaws. The man was out of breath by the time he stopped.

"Lance, we got trouble." he gasped finally.

"What's wrong?"

"Baron Boris and the Scallen men are planning to battle the Jarain. What do you want us to do?"

"Great. Okay, if anyone asks any of you for some help, tell them you'll watch the place and watch for the girls. I don't want Zeather to attack that manor and there not be anyone there." ordered Lance.

"Right!"

The outlaw rode off.

"We're running low on time, Lance." mentioned Sir Reginald.

"Yes, I know. Let's move!" shouted Lance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Pristine followed the henchmen to another one of Zeather's fortresses. There were numerous dead plants and trees in the area. The fortress itself was huge! In the center was a tower surrounded by several smaller towers that connected to the main tower by ways of turrets and parapets. The fortress might have looked inviting under any other circumstances, but since Pristine sensed the evil surrounding it, it looked ominous. The fortress was more heavily guarded than last time.

"I had a feeling Zeather would be more prepared." thought Pristine.

~Pristine . . . ~ said someone telepathically.

Pristine recognized the voice. It was the unicorn again.

~Yes?~ Pristine asked telepathically.

~Do you remember studying the geography of our world under Drackor? You recognize that fortress right?~

~Yes, I do. Didn't it belong to one of the human kings?~

~Yes, it was also one of the first human fortresses to fall after the Invasion. I heard the Evil One changed it drastically to suit his needs.~

~Did the Evil One find the secret passages?~

~Unfortunately he did, but you can always 'blend in', if you know what I mean. Be careful.~

After waiting a few more minutes, Pristine sensed that the unicorn was gone. She knew exactly what the unicorn meant, but she also knew that she'd had to move quickly. As she snuck closer to the fortress, she noticed what some of the guards were wearing. She saw a group of guards heading toward the entrance. Seizing the opportunity, she used the crystal to change her outfit into one of the guards' uniforms. She was glad they wore helmets as she tucked her hair up in one. Without breaking a stride, she came out of her hiding place and joined the infantry as they walked through the entrance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During this time, Ophealia, Kyra, and their group were searching in the apple orchard. Pixie sniffed the area.

"Pristine was certainly here. I recognize her scent anywhere. Freyia was here too, along with similar scents." she commented.

"Mmm, these apples look so yummy. My mouth waters just looking at them." commented Kyra.

"I'm getting hungry myself."

"We can't think about food now. We got to find Pristine and the others." reminded Ophealia.

"You're right princess." agreed Drock.

"Pixie? What's wrong?" asked Mallian.

"Someone's coming. Hide!" ordered Pixie as they hid their horses and themselves in the dense area of trees.

Moments later, they heard someone.

"Too bad we can't snag a few of these apples." commented someone.

It was Xack!

"Xack!" exclaimed Lola as she suddenly came out of her hiding place.

Her response was so sudden, that she scared Grayson as he yelled and fell off his horse. As Lance and Xack laughed, the others came out. Ophealia dismounted and knelt next to Grayson.

"Are you all right?" she asked with concern.

"Ouch! Well, your highness, let's just say I've been through worse." groaned Grayson as he rubbed his lower back before staggering to his feet and getting on his steed.

Ophealia mounted hers as well. It was then that Lance noticed that Pristine wasn't with the others.

"Uh, where's Pristine?"

"Oh, heh, heh, um, . . .frankly we aren't sure." answered Kyra.

"What?! Great! This is not good. Okay, let's start from the beginning. First, you can tell us where you've been all this time."

Lance was obviously upset, but deep inside, he's ragging. All of the sudden, Lola and Kyra started talking at the same time.

"Okay! Okay! One at a time! One at a time!" shouted Lance.

"You really should calm down Lance." mentioned Ophealia.

"Argh! I give up!"

"Sorry Lance. Pristine sensed something wrong and we traveled to this manor house that was on fire. Pristine restored the house and the people invited us to stay. While resting we met this young teen named Freyia. After she left, we waited a few more moments before noticing Pristine was gone. Pandemonium broke out when Freyia went missing. We ran into her father and asked if he'd seen Pristine. He said that he's certain the Scallen have Pristine and Freyia-" Pixie tried to explain but was cut off by Grayson.

"But that can't be! We were just at the Scallen's house. Were you guys on the Jarain territory?"

"Yes, we didn't think the family had them. We were thinking Zeather caught Freyia and set a trap for Pristine." replied Ophealia.

"How do you know Zeather doesn't already have Pristine?" asked Xack.

"Because I know Pristine and she wouldn't get caught so easily." answered Kyra.

"Well, the Scallen are getting ready to attack the Jarains. They think that they have two girls named Palla and Tarma. We think the Evil One has them." added Lance.

"We can tell you right now that those girls aren't on Jarain estates." said Ophealia.

"I guess that means they're all at Zeather's fortress. We best get moving." suggested Kyra.

"Miss Kyra is right. Time's a wasting." agreed Sir Reginald.

"Let's go then and pray nothing happens." said Lance as they moved out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pristine was ever watchful as she made her way through the fortress. It was like a labyrinth. Even though she was in disguise, she still had to be careful. She knew the Evil One was in the citadel because she could sense him. It would only be a matter of time before he sensed her presence also. Luck was on her side though, she soon found herself in the dungeon. However, she wasn't prepared for what she saw next. People, both male and female, were in chains which hung from the ceiling. It smelled like someone was being burned and she heard wailing and screaming. It was almost too much for Pristine, but she managed to retain her composure. When she entered the horrid area, she slipped into the shadows. That's when it dawned on her. She remembered when in her old village, merchants and other travelers said that all the captured people and creatures were sent to Drexal Fortress. She heard rumors that this place was a nightmare and impossible to escape from. Right now, Pristine could not see any cells, so they were probably further on down. It was then that several henchmen came in with Freyia, Palla, and Tarma.

"Bregar! Garum!" one shouted.

Two huge men as ugly and hideous as goblins came forth. Their faces were grotesque and they smelled worse than the dungeon. The three girls gasped in fear.

"We got three new ones for you. Lord Zeather wants you to place them in Cell Thirteen." instructed another.

The prisoners there gasped.

"What's in Cell Thirteen?" asked Tarma, who's trembling.

"Things that only nightmares are made of." Bregar grinned sinisterly.

Pristine's eyes opened wide. She'd heard of Cell Thirteen. Whoever went into that hideous cell never came out. Looked like Zeather was going to force her hand. Time was definitely not on her side at that moment. As she watched the guards leave after the two giants grabbed the girls, Pristine quietly followed them. It was a good thing there were no guards here. They went down a hall where people were behind bars. Things were getting harder by the minute so Pristine made herself invisible. She moved quietly as she continued to follow them. Suddenly, Garum stopped and sniffed the air.

"What is it?" asked Bregar.

"I thought I smelled something that wasn't rotten."

Pristine froze when the two stopped. If she got caught, there was a good chance that there would be a riot.

Fortunately, Garum said, "Aw, I guess my nose is playing tricks on me."

The two moved on. After a few turns through several corridors, they stepped in front of a cell door with thirteen on it. Bregar took a set of keys and unlocked the locks before opening the door.

"No!" screamed Freyia before Bregar threw her in the cell.

"Freyia!" shouted Palla and Tarma before being thrown in there.

The door was closed and locked once more.

"I'll come back later to clean up the leftovers." said Bregar as they walked away.

Pristine became visible when they left. She was glad that she had the skeleton key with her and quickly unlocked the door. As she entered, she made the crystal glow for it was pitch black inside. She saw the three girls shivering in fear.

Freyia turned around and asked, "Who are you?"

Pristine remembered that she's still in disguise. She took off her helmet.

Freyia smiled and gasped, "Pristine!!"

The teen ran and embraced her.

"Shh! You must be silent." Pristine grinned though.

As they separated, Freyia turned to Palla and Tarma.

"So you're Pristine. It's an honor. Let me thank you for what happen this morning. Lance said you were the one who found me." smiled Palla.

"You're welcome, but right now we must leave this place immediately."

Before she did anything else, something ambushed her. Luckily, Pristine turned in time so it attacked her from the front.

"Pristine!" shouted the three girls.

Pristine struggled with the creature. She tried to prevent it from biting her neck. Pristine managed to take the Crystal of Life and shined it in its face. It screamed as it staggered back. Pristine's eyes opened wide as she jumped to her feet. She remembered that wail like it was yesterday. She heard the creature moaned as she shined the crystal at it.

"What is it?" asked Tarma.

The creature was covered in black from head-to-toe.

"It's a dragon." Pristine said.

The dragon turned around and looked at Pristine menacingly.

~Wait! I won't hurt you.~ Pristine contacted him telepathically.

~Yeah sure you won't.~ the dragon replied back.

~Slycer, I've never lied to you before.~

~How do you know my name?~

~I am Pristine, Slycer. Don't you recognize me? You were my family's royal guard.~

~NO! You can't be! Princess Pristine was killed right in front of me when I failed to protect her.~

~I am she. My parents managed to preserve my soul and I was reborn.~

"No!" the dragon screamed as he breathed out fire.

Pristine placed a protective barrier around her and the girls.

"What's happening?" asked Palla.

"I don't know, but I'm going to heal him." Pristine said before running toward Slycer.

Just when the dragon started to lunge at her, Pristine placed the crystal on his chest. That very second, light engulfed them both. Within it, Pristine closed her eyes, placed her other hand on Slycer's head, which couldn't move, and transported her soul into his body.

When Pristine's soul entered his body, she called out, "Slycer! Where are you?"

She finally saw Slycer's soul. Instead of being all black, he was all gold and he was bounded by dark beams.

"Slycer!" Pristine cried.

She sensed the agony and pain radiating from him and it was almost overwhelming.

The dragon looked up and shouted, "Pristine! What are you doing here?! Get out!"

"Did Zeather do this to you?"

"Yes, he did. Get out of here now!"

Ignoring him, Pristine walked toward him. But by doing so, negative energy blasted at her.

"No! Princess!"

Slycer tried to break free. Pristine dropped to her knees and tried not to scream. She suddenly felt the presence of the unicorn and managed to ignore the pain as she stood up. In fact, the more pain she felt, the more determined she got. For what seemed like an eternity, Pristine finally reached her old friend.

"I will save you, but I need your help. We must join our powers to vanquish this evil. Come back to the light, Slycer."

Pristine reached out and offered her hand. Slycer nodded and placed his claw in her hand. Both closed their eyes and concentrated sharing their powers. The light within them both started to expand as the evil force loosened its hold. Outside, the light became brighter and brighter.

Inside, Pristine's spirit shouted in an ancient language, "Set him free! Now!"

Light suddenly engulfed the entire cell as the three girls covered their eyes. When they opened their eyes, it was still dark, but at least they saw Pristine and Slycer. Slycer was now all gold. He was the first to recover. Pristine was lying down next to him.

"Ow! What happened?" Slycer asked before seeing Pristine.

"Pristine? Pristine! Wake up!" he cried.

Pristine finally opened her eyes.

"Pristine!" Slycer smiled.

"Shh! The guards will hear you." said Freyia.

"She's right. Can somebody help me up, please?" Pristine asked.

Freyia and Palla did. It took her awhile for her to stand on her own.

"What did you do anyway, Pristine?" asked Palla.

"It's called Soul Cleansing. It's an ancient spell I learned of awhile back."

It was true, but Pristine learned it in her past life. She also did not tell them that it's a very dangerous spell and put both souls at risk.

"We need to get out of here. Slycer, I suggest that you change into your human form."

"I was just about to do that."

He quickly turned into a tall, muscular man with long golden blond hair. He looked to be twenty-five years, when in fact he was about three hundred and seventy years.

"Excuse me Pristine, but do you two know each other?" asked Freyia.

"We're . . Ah, old friends."

She turned to Slycer and told him telepathically, ~Whatever you do, don't ever call me highness or princess. There are many people who don't know who I am.~

~Why is that?~

~I'll explain later.~

Pristine smelled something suddenly. Slycer smelled it as well and pulled out his sword before placing himself in front of Pristine and the girls.

"What is it?" asked Palla.

Just then, Bregar and Garum barged in. They eyed Slycer and Pristine evilly. Slycer got ready to defend the girls when Pristine moved to his side and shook her head. She looked at the two giants and motioned them to come at her. The two charged with their axes. At the last moment, Pristine pulled out the crystal and blasted them both. They both fell.

Zodia195
Zodia195
96 Followers