The Lost One Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Did you kill them?" asked Freyia.

"No. They're asleep." answered Pristine.

"Leave it to you Pristine, not to kill anyone." sighed Slycer.

Pristine smiled before using the crystal to close and lock the door.

"Now how will we get out?" asked Tarma.

"I remember that there's a secret exit here. Let's go." Pristine said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While all this was going on, Lance and his group made it to the fortress. It was then that they noticed there was a bit of commotion going on.

"I wonder what's going on?" asked Grayson.

"I bet you anything it's caused by Pristine. The same thing happened when we were at Zeather's fortress in the Mountains of Eternity." replied Xack.

"Okay then. Here's what we'll do. Grayson and Princess Ophealia, you will go fetch the outlaws and then try to prevent that battle between the two families." Lance instructed.

"Why me?" asked Grayson.

"Because you're better at settling disputes and we're going to need help. Okay?"

"We understand." answered Ophealia.

"Good. Sir Reginald and Xack are with me. The rest of you stay here."

"Oh-no! I am not going to stay here." protested Kyra.

"Me either." agreed Lola.

"Lance, we better let them come because that way we'll be able to keep an eye on them." added Sir Reginald.

"Oh! Very well!"

"I'll go with you as well." said Drock.

"Pixie and I will stay here in case Pristine and the girls appear." Mallian commented.

"Okay. Let's move out."

They split up again once more.

As Lance's group drew near, Lola asked, "How will we get in?"

"Every fortress has a secret entrance. We just got to find one." Lance grinned.

Unfortunately, it took them awhile to find one because they were attacked several times. Finally, near the one of the towers, Lance found one by knocking on a wall.

"Ah, here we are." smiled Lance.

"Let's hurry." insisted Kyra as they entered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During this time, the Scallens and Jarains confronted each other.

Baron Boris shouted, "What have you done with my nieces, Palla and Tarma, Nelson!"

"We don't have them Boris! It is you who have my Freyia!" accused Lord Nelson.

"A Scallen would never go so low!" rebuked Carson.

Lord Nelson lost his temper there.

"Attack!" he ordered.

The two groups suddenly charged at each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Grayson and Ophealia raced against time to reach the Scallen manor. They were both breathless by the time they made it there. One of the outlaws spotted them from a lookout point, and by the time Grayson and Ophealia made it to the house, all the outlaws assembled in front of the building.

"What has happened?" asked an outlaw.

It took a moment for the two to catch their breath.

Finally Grayson explained, "There's no time to explain. Lance needs your help. We believe Pristine, the sisters, and a Jarain girl are in great danger. Lance also wants us to try to stop the battle between the Jarain and Scallen."

That's when they saw the Scallen women approaching them. Leading them was Baroness Charlotta, Baron Boris's wife, and Hannah, Carson's wife.

"What happened? Who's this?" Baroness Charlotta asked referring to Ophealia.

"This is Princess Ophealia. She is one of the people we were looking for." explained Grayson.

The women suddenly curtsied before Hannah asked, "It's an honor, your highness. Did you find the others?"

"Yes, we did. Forgive us ladies, but we're in a hurry."

"Wait! At least tell us if you've found my daughters."

"We have, Hannah. Let's go you guys."

The outlaws rushed off and in no time returned with their horses before taking off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slycer led the way as he and the girls made their way through the secret passage way. Several times they came across an orc or a soldier. Slycer did most of the fighting while Pristine mostly protected the girls and made sure they cannot 'see' any of the killings with her Crystal of Life. She did not want the girls to have nightmares after this. She was also have a mental battle within herself too for all the fighting was slowly getting to her. Slycer felt her inner struggle. He knew she was trying to be strong for he taught her to be so, but he tried to hurry to get them out of there. Finally, they escaped. As they left the area, they soon ran into Mallian and Pixie.

"There you are! Where have you been?" demanded Pixie.

"Saving these girls." responded Pristine before she magically changed back into her regular clothes.

"Figures." said Pixie before seeing Slycer.

Her eyes opened wide and she gasped.

"Sly . . . Slycer?"

"Hi Pixie. Long time no see." grinned Slycer.

"Oh my goodness! I thought you were dead!" exclaimed Pixie.

"I thought I was too. We'll talk about this later. Excuse me, but are you a water folk?"

Mallian smiled and bowed for she'd never met a dragon before. Oh, what mystical creature had not heard of Slycer? Already he was considered a legend and hero.

"Indeed I am. You may call me Mallian."

"Where are the others? Did you find Lance's group?" asked Pristine.

"Yes we did. They are all looking for you inside the fortress, except for Grayson and Ophealia. They went to go get the outlaws at the Scallen manor and to stop the fight between the Scallens and Jarains."

"Our families are fighting? We got to stop them." said Freyia.

"Don't worry we will. Slycer, Mallian, and Pixie? Can you take the girls and stop the fight?" asked Pristine.

"And just what do you think you are doing?" asked Pixie.

"I'm going after the others."

"If you are then I'm going with you." replied Slycer.

"Slycer-"

"No buts," interrupted Slycer before whispering into her ear, "I made a vow to always protect you and your family. I won't break my promise."

He whispered so low that not even Pixie heard him. She did not even try to eavesdrop for she knew that Slycer could sensed it.

"Very well. Good-luck you guys." said Pristine.

"You too." repeated Pixie before helping the girls mounted their horses.

Pixie was reluctant to let Tarma and Palla onto the Dawn Horses but the she sensed that the horses liked the girls so it was okay for them to ride them.

"Wow! I've never seen these horses before? What are they?" asked Palla as she helped Tarma settle.

She was referring to the Sail Horse and the Dawning Horses.

"We'll tell you soon." Mallian grinned before she and Pixie mounted their horses and took off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took them awhile, but Grayson, Ophealia, and the outlaws found the Scallen and Jarain. The groups were still fighting.

"Jameson, the horn." ordered Grayson.

A light brunette outlaw took his horn and blew it. The battle came to a halt soon. Thankful they got their attention, Grayson and the others rode down to them.

"Grayson!" shouted Carson.

"Princess!" yelled Lord Nelson.

The leaders rode forth and met them in the middle of the battle ground.

"Why are you fighting? There's no reason to." Grayson asked loud enough for everyone to hear.

"We're fighting because the Jarain have my daughters." answered Carson.

"No we don't!" shouted Lord Nelson as well as the other Jarain men.

"Silence!" shouted Ophealia.

They did.

Ophealia turned to Baron Boris and Carson and replied, "They really don't gentlemen. I've been at their place since this morning. The Jarain family is a very kind and respectful family."

"Unlike some families. The Scallen are the ones who captured Freyia, my daughter." added Lord Nelson.

"I told you we don't have her." shouted Baron Boris as the other Scallen men did.

"Cut it out!" snapped Grayson.

Like Ophealia, he was getting tired of their bickering.

When the Scallens stopped yelling, Grayson turned to Lord Nelson and commented, "Baron Boris is right. He doesn't have her. The Scallen family is also respectable. The Evil One is the person who has the girls."

"Zeather hasn't bothered us in years. He doesn't have them." stated Carson.

"Zeather hasn't bothered you because all of you dispute with each other. He only kidnapped the girls because he was setting a trap for our friend Pristine." Ophealia countered.

"That's preposterous! Zeather promised to leave us alone!" shouted Lord Nelson.

"The Evil One lies. There's no good in him whatsoever!"

Ophealia was beginning to lose her temper, which was never a pretty sight.

This was how Mallian, Pixie, and the girls found them.

When Ophealia finished, Mallian added, "Princess Ophealia is right, Lord Nelson!"

Everyone turned to see them as they galloped towards them.

"Hi daddy!" waved Tarma before Palla helped her off.

Freyia got off as well.

"Palla! Tarma!" shouted Carson, who was dumbfounded at first as well as the other Scallen and Jarain.

He soon regained himself and galloped toward them before dismounting and hugging his two daughters. Baron Boris and Lord Nelson were soon to follow. Lord Nelson dragged Freyia into his arms as the others came forward.

"Are you hurt, Freyia?" asked Lord Nelson.

"No father. Pristine saved Palla, Tarma, and I from Zeather."

"So Pristine wasn't caught. That's a relief." sighed Grayson.

"Actually Grayson, Pristine went back into the fortress to go after Lance and the others." replied Pixie.

"Yeah, and this other fellow went with her." added Palla.

"Fellow? What other fellow?" asked Grayson.

"Slycer. He's a golden dragon. He used to be the royal guard of the unicorn royal family." explained Pixie.

"Oh! Can we please get going!" begged Ophealia.

"You're right, princess. Baron Boris and Lord Nelson, we could really use your help." replied Grayson.

"And we will. It is time we repay Pristine for all she's done." Baron Boris replied.

"I agree. Let's move out! But first, I suggest someone take the girls to our house. It's the closest manor to the border." shouted Lord Nelson.

"No father, I am going with you. I want to make sure Pristine is safe." said Freyia.

"Us too, we won't get in the way either." added Palla.

The others reluctantly agreed and they moved out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was one big riot inside the fortress. Lance's group made their way to the dungeon. It was not an easy task for they had to fight their way there. When they found the dungeon, they were just as astonished as Pristine was.

"By the saints!" exclaimed Sir Reginald when he saw the prisoners.

"It's smells like rotten flesh." gasped Lola.

"I wouldn't be surprised if there is any." added Xack.

"You and me both." agreed Lance.

"We got to free them!" said Kyra.

"We got to find the keys." replied Drock.

"Okay, spread out! And be careful!" warned Lance.

They went in different directions. Drock and Sir Reginald went to the left, Lola and Kyra went through the center, and Lance and Xack went to the right.

First, with Drock and Sir Reginald, "I wonder what would have happened if your king knew about this. I've heard of this dungeon, but I didn't think want to believe the rumors." commented Drock.

"He would be appalled. I'm sure anyone would be who had a heart."

"I hope we find those girls and Pristine."

"So do I."

That was when Drock picked up Pristine and Freyia's scents. Being with the dwarfs all his life, he picked up how to distinguish scents. Pristine and Freyia's scents were mixed with several others. Two were similar to Freyia's while a few others smelled worse than the dungeon.

"I've picked up the girls' scent. This way."

In the mean time, Lola and Kyra were in an area that looked like a torture chamber.

"My goodness! Does Zeather actually use these things?" commented Kyra.

"Well, the Evil One isn't a human or any kind of creature so I would think anyone with a heart and soul would never use these contraptions."

"What do you mean that Zeather isn't human?"

"Zeather's an evil force. He has no real blood in him."

"Then how come he's able to take human form?"

"He's so powerful that he's able to control and manipulate evil into any form. He has enough power to wipe out the entire galaxy. He almost did during the Invasion."

"Uh, Lola? How do you know so much?"

Lola's eyes widen. Now she was in for it, but she couldn't turn back now. Lola wanted to lie to her, but she knew she couldn't.

"I guess you might as well know, Kyra. It was bound to come out sooner or later. I am a dragon. A sky dragon to be exact. Xack is a silver dragon or ice dragon."

For the first time in her life, Kyra was speechless.

Lola grinned and told her, "My kind is spread throughout the Mountains of Eternity. We were the unicorns' main guardians."

"Oh! I was told that! But I heard your kind was killed."

"We almost were. Drackor managed to save us though. Before the Invasion, there were so many of us. Not very many creatures saw us because we hid in secrecy. I was the youngest of seven and the only girl. All my brothers and my father were killed during the Invasion. My mother died ten years later trying to protect me and Xack, who had lost his family as well. Zeather had found us. Most of us were captured while the rest were slaughtered. Drackor saved us and we remained hidden. Not even the mystical creatures know we're alive. Mallian and Pixie might know who Xack and I are, because mystical creatures can detect others."

What Lola did not tell her was she knew who Pristine was. She recognized her the moment she first saw her. And when they were at Inion's, he met privately with Xack and her and asked them to watch over Pristine. The next morning, Lola noticed that Pristine was looking at her and Xack differently as if she recognized them as dragons.

All the sudden, Kyra snapped her out her thoughts when she asked, "Did you know the princess!?"

"Not personally, but have seen her. And no, I cannot tell you what she looks like. I will tell you that I've seen Pixie, but she hasn't seen me, because I was always undercover."

It was then she picked up Pristine's scent.

"Well, let's get going." Lola replied as she led them onward.

She knew Xack was going to be upset with her, but she didn't regret telling Kyra their secret for she trusted her and it was rare for anyone, even mystical creatures, to earn the trust of a dragon.

Meanwhile, Lance and Xack made it to the cell section. All the prisoners shouted from their cells to set them free.

Xack shouted, "I wish they weren't so loud. The guards will hear us."

"You're right about that. I just hope we find the girls before the guards find us."

Xack hoped so too. When Inion assigned Lola and him to watch the princess, he took it very seriously. The scene flashed back to when Xack and Lola secretly met Inion after Lance took Pristine to his room.

"How are things with your kind?" asked Inion.

"Doing well actually. Zeather hasn't found us yet." replied Xack.

"Why did you call on us? Just so you know, we have been watching Pristine." asked Lola.

"Probably not as good as we like to though. She was almost caught this night."

"I know how you feel Xack. We all feel responsible for the princess's death twenty-eight years ago. But I still want you two to watch Pristine. Drackor also wants me to tell you two that on the day when you return to Pristine's old home, he wants you to gather all the dragons together. Pristine will eventually meet up with you near the edge of the mountains in that forest." Inion told them.

Even though Xack did not like Pristine wandering off, he was use to it. When he and his kin visited the royal family, Pristine always went off on her own. Whenever that happened, the king and queen sent his cousin, Slycer, and himself to go fetch her. Slycer, Xack thought, was also his best friend. Xack was Slycer's second-in-command. The last time he saw Slycer was when during the Invasion. Slycer was on the ground covered in blood and was struggling to get up. Xack rushed over to him when he looked up and saw that the Evil One had the princess. She was dead as he saw white blood dripping from a gaping wound in her abdomen. Suddenly, Slycer lunged at Zeather and there was a great blast and that was it. Slycer was gone as well as Zeather. Well, at least Zeather's body was gone for the same evil presence still hanged in the area as well as Pristine's floating body in the darken sky. This was how King Elios, Queen Loreanna, and Drackor found them. That was when the royal couple made the ultimate sacrifice to save their daughter and bring hope to the future. Now the time came to defeat Zeather and undo all the evil he brought.

Xack was deep in thought when Lance said, "Xack! Look! I wonder where this passage leads."

Xack looked and said, "There's only one way to find out."

"Xack! Lance!" someone shouted.

The two turned to see Sir Reginald and Drock coming forth.

"Hey guys. Any luck?" asked Lance.

"None, but Drock picked up the girls' scent." answered Sir Reginald.

Lance and Xack sniffed the air and picked it up as well.

"Yes, Pristine has been here. I know her scent anywhere." commented Lance.

"Oh really? And how were you able to acquire it?" teased Xack with a glint in his eye.

"Oh knock it off!"

Lance shoved him causing Xack and Drock to laugh. That's when Kyra and Lola appeared.

"Hey guys! You won't believe what I found out! Lola and Xack are dragons!" Kyra shouted.

Xack gave Lola a stunned look before glaring at her. At the same time, Lance and Sir Reginald looked at the two cousins in surprise. Drock did not look astonished.

"You weren't supposed to tell anyone Lola." Xack replied angrily.

"I'm sorry, Xack. It just came out that way. I didn't mean to tell her."

"You're dragons? Why didn't you tell us? I thought your kind was extinct." asked Lance.

"We'll talk about this later. We need to find Pristine." answered Xack.

"Very well. Let's move."

They moved down the narrow corridor until they came to Cell Thirteen.

"I know that cell. It's the infamous Cell Thirteen." said Sir Reginald.

"I've heard about it as well. Those who go in never come out." added Lola.

"Oh gosh! Pristine!" hollered Lance before running to the door and pounding on it.

"Stop it Lance! It won't help to panic." said Sir Reginald.

Lance stopped and said, "You're right, but I am not going to stay here while Pristine's in grave danger."

"Move aside Lance. I'll handle this." ordered Lola.

She gathered her power together and launched wind at the door. It's so powerful that several of the others had a hard time standing their ground.

"Whoa!" exclaimed Kyra.

"Cousin, I could use your help." Lola barely said.

Xack simply nodded. Sometimes Lola tried to do things the hard way, much to his frustration, but at least she asked for help when she needed it. He stepped next to Lola and shot ice at the door. A few minutes the thick metal door was completely frozen and Lola's wind power knocked it over. There was a colossal bang causing a few of them to cover their ears. As Lola and Xack regained themselves, the others rushed in. But all they saw was the two brothers, Bregar and Garum, on the floor. They were still asleep.

"Where are they?" asked Kyra.

"They must have escaped somehow." replied Drock.

Lance sighed in relief. Soon, Xack and Lola entered. Xack suddenly picked up a certain scent and stopped. He looked stunned as well as Lola.

"What's wrong you two?" asked Kyra.

"I know that scent. A dragon was in here. But not just any dragon. Oh my gosh! It couldn't be! It isn't!" gasped Xack.

"Do you really think it could be?" asked Lola.

"It is! Slycer's alive!"

"Who's Slycer?" asked Kyra.

"Wait a minute. I've heard of him. Slycer was the royal family's main protector, right?" questioned Drock.