The Lost World Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TheTask
TheTask
910 Followers

The prideful white demoness removed herself from the demon's embrace and stood up as if nothing had just happen. While she still feeling the full afterglow of five consecutive orgasms, she would never allow those extremely pleasurable sensations to cloud her mind. She is the Princess of Pride, the absolute ruler of the Plains of Pride.

Several minutes passed until Ifrit became fully clothed. She looked down on the demon writhing in pain, which nearly gave her gave her a sixth climax. "Oh my, you look so cute like that. Hm, I suppose you did make me cum five times, I should give you a small reward.

The demon felt warm relief flow through him. He would actually be given a reprieve. This would mark the ninth punishment he was given by the Princess of Pride.

As for why he was given these punishments, well, he was one of four leaders of the numerous soul hunters in the Circles of Sin. His name is Lzagn, a demon of Pride.

Lzagn seconds after given the knowledge he would be allowed to cum after denied his orgasm for so long, felt that warm relief turn. It turned into a burning sensation that gradually became similar to being lowered into a vat of molten steel. His entire body was burnt to a crisp. His skin, muscles, and bones were melded into one gruesome statue. Lzagn, a demon who had lived a good seven hundred and thirty-four years died near instantaneously by the most painful experience ever, being bathed in an Archangel's light.

Overlooking the now grotesque figure was Ifrit who solemnly stared at a glorious and handsome figure: The Inquisitor of Humilitas, otherwise known as Michael.

-

Situations similar to the ones happening in the Land of Lust and the Plains of Pride sprung up, but there were not battles between the Archdemons and Archangels. As the original intent was to be stealthy about assassinating the leadership of the soul hunters, the other two operations went without a hitch, though it was of course not easy for them.

Rainer had malevolent black fire swirling around his body. This was one of the spells unique to his special Grimoire. He remembered Asmodeus saying that Ifrit had busted her precious pride and begged for him to teach her how to wield black fire. Asmodeus did in fact offer to teach Ifrit within one hundred years as thanks for her forcing to push her pride aside and beg, much to her chagrin, although he died before he could make good on his offer.

He stared at the taciturn Archangel before him. He would be lying if he said just about anything bad about her looks or ability. However, he did not like her personality.

(Definitely not one of those 'She's got a GREAT personality' types.)

Ramiel also had a similar magic surrounding her. White pulses of electricity coursed through her body, threatening to char her if she was a normal person or demon. Her beautiful wings flapped provocatively behind her, she needed to in order to stay a flight.

Rainer was at the same level as Ramiel, around four hundred meters into the air high above the devastated manor. Thankfully no one but those who could survive such situations were left.

They had several exchanges of power and magic resulting in Ramiel's favor. They also had a few martial exchanges consisting of fists and feet that ended in Rainer's favor. Although no matter how they tested one another, neither could gain any sort of ground.

Rainer knew that Ramiel had yet to show her true power, although he had yet to see it, he knew that this couldn't all that she had to show, it was far too weak to be so. It was the same with him, as he had yet to show his power as a Ruler of Sin. Since he was only a successor to Asmodeus' power, he could only call upon that great strength by entering a special state.

Yet why did he feel that even without her show of power, Ramiel felt a little lacking? Aside from the obvious difference of Sin and Virtue, the Archangel felt a little similar to the other Rulers of Sin he met: lacking.

'Would you like a hint Oh hey hey! Ramiel's successor is looking pretty cute!' One again, the voice residing within the Grimoire spoke without Rainer's wish.

Since he wasn't alone, Rainer opted for a silent conversation between him and Asmodeus. 'Gary Geriatrics, I didn't ask you... Well since you said something strange, what do you mean by successor? I thought that the Archangels had no successors because none of them have ever died.'

While he had his mental conversation with Asmodeus, he was forced to repel Ramiel once more. She flew under him and twisted her arm up, shooting white sparks at his chest. Rainer shot his foot down, forcing a blast of black fire through the sole of his foot. They continued to engage in a series of attacks each using their own magic with each attack.

'Gary...? Like I said, call me Asmodeus! Or at least dad. Daddy? Father? Pops? Or eve-'

'SHUT THE HECK UP FOR... How did Asmodea even stand you?'

'With love and compassion? Either way, I never actually said that none of the Archangels died.' Rainer had forgotten there was no point in bandying sarcasm with the old bastard.

'So one did die... I assume that one was Ramiel and this girl is her successor?'

'All of the original Archangels are male. It was by pure chance that the one Ramiel chose to be his successor is a woman. And quote a cute one at that! You should get to know her, nudge nudge, wink wink.'

'Have you ever thought of becoming a eunuch?'

'Hahaha! Some people have tried to make me one! I almost thought Iris or Katiyana would do that to me if I ever banged the other!'

Rainer looked down while disregarding Ramiel's threat. His hand burning alive with black fire swiftly found its way into his face. Of course he wasn't burnt since it was impossible for him to be burnt by his own power.

Ramiel halted her flight and hovered in the air, cautious for a surprise attack. For some strange reason, she saw the Lord of Lust face palm during their fight. "Is there something wrong?" She didn't actually care for this demon's well being, but she also disliked attacking someone when they were not paying attention. Using underhanded means to win a fight was not her style.

"No, just thinking about something far past its due (Asmodeus). Anyway, you're obviously not intent on killing me. If you were, you would entering your alter ego, or rather persona... Successor of Ramiel?" Rainer stared into Ramiel's eyes as he revealed her secret.

It apparently was a secret as Ramiel finally lost her poker face. Her indomitable stance faltered as she visibly fell aback, losing a few meters of altitude before regaining her composure.

"How... Do you know this? Only... No, not even my compatriots realize that I am Ramiel's successor." The Archangel was highly confused and baffled, although she authoritatively asked Rainer for the source of his information.

"What I want to know is how the heck do your fellow angels not know that you're Ramiel's successor to Ramiel himself when he's a guy and you are a girl. Whatever, you wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"I see." Ramiel reached into her robe, which now made Rainer tense up. Instead, she pulled out a golden piece of cloth that was draped over... Something that was glowing. "This is something you may want, as all demons covet this item: A human soul, or more specifically, a virtuous soul."

Among the many humans residing around the world, some had souls of 'higher and lower' quality. It was a fact that humans who immersed themselves with Sin had souls easier to acquire, although precisely because they were easier to acquire meant that they were of less quality. Virtuous souls, or souls residing among humans that lived pure lives filled with value and religious superiority, were obviously harder to acquire. Not all humans who lived a life of religion were virtuous, and neither were humans who lived lackadaisical lives were not always sinful. There were also variations of human souls like Archmage souls, which are known for their superior and highly volatile usefulness in creating soul artifacts.

"Why would an angel have something like that? Isn't that precisely what you were trying to stop by coming here and killing Zamarak?"

"Unfortunately we cannot return souls that are stolen to their owners. We take care of all the lost souls that fell to their desires that demons offered. This is one of them that I took back from Zamarak. It once belonged to a young priest that lived inside a humble mission around South America. He always brought food to homeless children around the area and donated money to families that needed it. However, a demon tempted him and took his soul. He can now never do the good he wished except for one thing: be used as a soul to save a life."

As long as if Ramiel wasn't trying to kill him or cause some sort of destruction, Rainer didn't mind waiting through her story. However, those last words Ramiel said...

"Virtuous souls are capable of doing the many things you demons want them for. However, they can also do one thing that demons do not know they can do, bring someone back to life no matter the injury."

"What?!" Rainer stared at the Archangel with wide eyes. Bringing someone back to life, even with the vast capabilities of magic, was not possible.

"Yes, you can use this virtuous soul to save the life of one of three people."

"If this knowledge is unknown to demons, then how do you know if I won't tell every other Ruler of Sin? The hunt for human souls would be greatly intensified."

"..."

Upon seeing Ramiel tilt her head as if to say 'Ah...' Rainer had a sneaking suspicion that the pretty Archangel was actually quite dumb, or at the very least and airhead of sorts.

(If she is offering to let me have that soul to bring someone back, I could bring back Hanazae or Zamarak... But which one?) Rainer furiously rubbed his head in search for an impossible answer. (Wait, one of three?)

Ramiel rolled her head before continuing her proposal. "As I said, you can use this virtuous soul to save the life of one of three. Zamarak, that succubus whom I eliminated next to you, or this human girl." The Archangel swept her arm across the sky, as if revealing a painting by pulling off a piece of fabric.

There lay, floating in the air by the Archangel's arm, was Lauren battered and bloody.

Rainer's blood boiled upon seeing his friend's body. It was not breathing nor was it showing any signs of life. "LAURRRREN!" Shouted Rainer as he hesitated to move forward and grab her.

"Do not bother, she is already dead. After I captured her, I was going to keep her alive since she may have been an escaped human slave. However, her resistance upon being captured proved that she was an ally of demons and provoked the ire of someone under my command. She will be appropriately admonished for the Wrath she showed." Ramiel spoke somewhat mournfully, as if she cared about Lauren and that she died.

Normally when confronted with an enemy, and a human that sympathizes with demons, are to be dealt with quickly and without hesitation. That was one of the many things that were taught to militaristic angels. Some angels did not agree with this measure, as they thought it would be best to correct that human's mind. Ramiel was one of those angels who thought that it would be best to save those humans, but most of her subordinates, save for Karel, thought differently. Actually, the majority under her command thought differently than her and it proved to be an effective hindrance to her command.

"Who killed her?" Rainer asked with burning eyes. The black fire surrounding his body concentrated itself in his eyes and speech, created a malevolent feel.

Ramiel narrowed her eyes, something was different about the Lord of Lust. She soon discerned what had changed about him. He had become Asmodeus, or rather the persona of that ancient demon that held massive power. Any who stood before him would face death, unless they had appropriate power.

It wasn't that Ramiel could or did not want to use that power to defend herself, it was that she felt scared. That feeling was quickly diminished as she shook her head.

"I cannot tell you because you would try to kill my subordinate. I care about the life of my comrades as much as you seem to do, which is why I am giving you a chance to bring her back to life. I must admit, I am moved by the emotion you show for your friends and comrades, it is far different than the way we stifle our emotions that sway our minds with sinful thoughts." Ramiel truly thought this way.

Rainer on the other hand was still blazing with the desire to seek out the one who killed Lauren and repay the deed. He was now in the Asmodeus persona (True Asmodeus), each of his words and actions seemed more harrowing than ever.

However, Rainer could now control himself, or more accurately, act in a sober state. The first time he changed into this mode, he went into a killing frenzy that was also coincidentally about Lauren getting hurt. He slaughtered without regard to life and could barely be calmed down. He used some quick thinking to use Zazie's power in order to control himself while in this state, but now he no longer needed that assistance.

With that said, Rainer was still an entirely different person whenever he became True Asmodeus. His personality took a change for the darker and vindictive. He didn't care about anything except that which held a firm place in his mind; Lauren was among those things.

Rainer could still act smartly, which was why he didn't go into a frenzy that very second and destroy nearly everything in sight in order to take out the one who killed Lauren.

"Give me that soul." He coldly said four commanding words. He reached out with one arm, which obviously wasn't long enough to reach the virtuous soul Ramiel held several meters away.

Ramiel was intimidated anymore, she had long since acclimated to this level of power being around her fellow Archangels. However, she had little practice in entering her alter ego of True Ramiel. Since she was the only Archangel in existence that was the successor of one that died, she had no mentor in teaching her about this. Not even the original Ramiel stayed behind to teach her with a simple mental voice.

There was no need to become True Ramiel anyway. The Archangel looked at the dark figure of Rainer and tossed the virtuous soul to the demon. The soul wrapped in fabric didn't fly according to the momentum of her throw, instead seeming to float only ten centimeters a second.

Despite the drawn out sequence, Rainer's arm never flinched as it finally caught the soul. He felt an overflowing sensation of purity that was just begging to be turned to Sin, or so his demonic self thought.

"How do I bring one back to life with a virtuous soul?" Rainer continued his callous speech, boring holes in through the angel's eyes.

"Force it down the throat of the one you wish to revive. Even if the body bleeds or its throat is crushed by the size of soul, do not relent and force the soul in until it dissolves."

Now just whom would this Lord of Lust choose to revive? The strategically important tenth district leader who would continue to plague human lives with his lust for human souls? The innocent succubus servant who painfully died because the Lord of Lust randomly brought her into this mess? Or the young witch who seemed to be the Lord of Lust's friend?

"Give me Lauren's body." Said the Lord of Lust, mercilessly.

"So you choose the human witch, I see. My opinion of you changes." How exactly her opinion changed, Ramiel showed no notice. Complying with his request, Ramiel pushed the floating body of Lauren into Rainer's arms who deftly caught the corpse.

Rainer looked at the lifeless Lauren. Apparently she did not die peacefully, as multiple lacerations covered her body, each seeping their own supply of blood. She had apparently been dead for a good several hours, so it probably happened when Lauren left Rainer's procession of elder tantas.

"I am not playing this version of angelic mind games. You gave me this choice to save one of three, well, I don't like it. I'll choose how many I can save."

With that said, Rainer released the grip his wings had on the air and fell down. Until he was just a hundred meters away from the exact location he met Ramiel, he stopped his free falling and flew down to where the charred remains of Hanazae and Zamarak were.

Ramiel followed, wondering just what he was planning. She couldn't stay for long, as apparently two of the four pylons keeping the Angel Safe were destroyed and there were similar battles going on at the other two.

Keeping a wary height of ten meters above Rainer, Ramiel watched as something she never thought possible could occur.

Whether he was trying to show off his strength or simply prove that he wouldn't play Ramiel's game, Rainer focused his mind. He held onto the virtuous soul where he noted that the seemingly loose fabric covering the soul was actually a part of the soul in general. Even if you tried, there was probably nothing with enough strength to rip the cloth apart. Yet, that was exactly what Rainer tried to do.

While taking advantage of the burdensome persona, Rainer infused every last bit of power into his fingers and hands. He took hold of the soul with a firm grip and pulled.

The virtuous soul showed no signs of budging or being taken apart, yet Rainer didn't relent.

He gnawed at the top of the glowing orb and tried to bite it like when someone used his or her teeth to separate a bottle from its cap.

"I'll bring them all back to life even if I have to get God to help me!" Declared Rainer to no one in particular, although Ramiel was the only one to hear.

The Archangel thought he was mad, though it wasn't like she didn't understand him. She didn't understand, why would a Ruler of Sin care about reviving any of these three when obviously the virtuous soul would be much more useful being turned into a powerful weapon? Why would he bother trying to revive all three when it was obvious that it would be easier to simply revive the one who can acquire more souls? Why did he care? Just why did a demon of all things care that much about three people who should have been trash in his eyes?

To be honest, Ramiel had not seen very many demons. She was only seventeen years old when the original Ramiel died and made her his successor. After which, an incredibly powerful spell, cast by whomever, no longer recognized her as an angel born just seventeen years ago, but an Archangel who had lived for many millennia and then some. No one remembered her as Micaiah once more, but only as Ramiel.

Thus she was inexperienced in dealing with demons, but she forced herself to learn along her path to becoming an Archangel. As arduous as it was, she persevered and here she was now.

She had fought several demons in the human world, mainly soul hunters. And not once has she seen a demon that remotely cared about their comrades or the humans in which they reaped souls from. It was quite horrific, when she first saw what happened to a human that lost their soul. That compounded with the many atrocities recounted from previous wars and altercations between angels and demons that she was told about made her form an adamant opinion within her mind: Demons are evil and must be swiftly dealt with.

She posed a small test to the Lord of Lust, choosing whom to revive with the virtuous soul she collected from Zamarak. Not knowing what to expect, Ramiel was going to form a negative opinion on Rainer no matter which of the three he chose. Yet he was going to save all three of them? Impossible. A virtuous soul held great power, it could most certainly revive a little over ten people. Yet it would be impossible to revive more than one since the virtuous soul dissolved and returned to Hell the moment it was used.

TheTask
TheTask
910 Followers