The Lunar Life Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Seems like a fun job." Will played.

"You have no idea." Steve deadpanned. "But still, the family is nice enough and I could be doing a lot worse."

"I guess that's one way to look at it."

"What about you? I know you didn't get a posting but did you have something in mind that you wanted?"

"Well I wanted to be a butler, but I guess androids have gotten the post locked down tight." Will smirked, shooting a playful look at Steve. "But seriously though, I don't. I just don't know what I can do well enough that I can excel at."

"Don't you wish you were an android then. That way you can just program yourself to be good at something."

"Yeah but, I prefer skin and bone to metal and gears."

"Hey, don't knock it till you try it." Steve said, chuckling a robotic laugh. In the background, Will heard voices approaching, the sound of shoes against the parquet flooring echoing down the hall. It was a couple seconds later when Will saw Varek return with the special guest in tow. Will's eyes bulged when he noticed that the guest was none other than President Dart.

"Will, I'd like you to meet President Dart. Sir, this is William Harrison." Varek introduced, allowing space for the president to move forward to meet Will.

"Will Harrison, it's a pleasure to meet you." He said, stretching his hand out, a smile gracing his features. With president Dart so close, Will could see the wrinkles on his face, something that was very peculiar for an elite. Will took his hand, giving it a firm handshake.

"Hello sir, the pleasure is mine."

"Come come, we'll talk in the office." Varek said, motioning for them to follow him. President Dart put an arm around Will's shoulder, pulling him in the direction that Varek was headed. Next to his own 6' frame, President Dart was only slightly taller but a lot broader. Will could feel from the arm across his shoulder that although President Dart looked old, he was made of solid muscle. Varek led the group into a small room, a desk located in the centre of it. To the sides, bookshelves lined the walls, each of them stocked to the brim with literature. Varek motioned to the seat in front of the desk for Will to sit, while President Dart walked behind the desk and took a seat there. Pulling another chair next to Will, Varek settled down next to him.

"So Will, I'm sure you are wondering why you are here." President Dart stated, looking expectantly at Will.

"Yes I am."

"Well you see this had something to do with your test results, which were...peculiar."

"What do you mean peculiar?" Will asked. President Dart looked to Varek, wordlessly asking him to explain.

"You see, my father developed the CKT system, and the objective of the system wasn't just to impart knowledge quickly and efficiently to a person, but also to assess their talents and compatibility to certain jobs. This is commonly known as the test that you took." So far Will could follow but he still hadn't heard anything that told him why he was here. "The system works flawlessly, always being able to pinpoint a persons ideal job if, the person is a natal."

"Okay but then why do you say my results are peculiar?"

"Okay well, you should know that the way natals and elites are educated are different. Natals are educated in a factual base method, relying on imparting facts and retaining them, while elite education involves problem solving and discovery. That difference leads to the system being able to narrow down the best choices and finally choosing an ideal job for a natal. However, if an elite were to take the same test, the system would not be able to come to a conclusion because elites would not be satisfied with any one aspect of a job. The way they are educated causes them to want to learn more, to find out how to better themselves. So it is definitely peculiar when a natal receives test results that should have only come from an elite."

"Wait, so you're telling me that I don't have a posting because the system couldn't decide for me? I mean I know I question stuff a lot of times but I was still educated the natal way. Shouldn't the system be able to tell that?" Will asked.

"Yes exactly, that's what the system should be able to do, but it didn't because you are probably not as normal as you think."

"I'm not sure I follow what you're getting at."

"What Varek is trying to say Will, is that you are special. The natal who thinks like an elite. Proof that evolution can take place." President Dart said.

"Okay, but what does that mean for me?" Will asked.

"Well right now you have two options. One, you can select any job within Lunaris, you will be posted there and you can live your life as normally as you wish, as a natal. Or two, you can select the opportunity we're giving you, to learn the elite way. To further your teachings and make you question the workings of the world around you, and discover new ways to better human existence. To become an elite." President Dart stopped.

"You want me to become an elite? Can you even become an elite?" Will asked. He was so confused by all this. He was a natal, a plain and simple natal born from two parents. He wasn't made in a lab; he wasn't perfect. He had never heard of a natal becoming elite, that just never happened.

"You'll be the first. It's intriguing even for us Will. Never have we seen results like yours coming from a natal. It's like discovering something new and you can imagine that gets us elites really going." Varek said, almost bouncing in his seat.

"Listen Will, I know this is a lot to take in right now and you need some time to think about it, but I can tell, you are elite material. You look at the things around you and you wonder how you can improve them. You think about the future and not just live in the present. That's an elite." President Dart said, making Will think through his words. It was just earlier the same day the Will was thinking about practical uses for the BIC, looking for ways to improve on what is already available.

"But what does this mean for me, if I accept the offer of being an elite." Will asked.

"It means anything you want it to mean Will. Being an elite means that your actions are your own. If you're worried about your family, don't be. You will be able to visit them any time you wish. You can choose to live either in the city centre or close to your parents if that's what you want, it's your life and your decisions. You will however, be taught about leadership, which I feel you will have no problem adjusting to."

"Do I have to decide now?" Will asked.

"No of course not. It's a big decision and you need time to think about it." President Dart said, looking at his watch. "Oh and it looks like I have to get going. It was nice meeting you Will, and I hope I will get to see you again soon, hopefully as an elite. Good luck." President Dart got up, giving a nod to Varek. Will stood as well, knowing it was the polite thing to do when someone, especially the president, was leaving. President Dart walked by him, patting him on the shoulder before heading out the room.

"Well, you can stay here for the rest of the day, roam around a bit if you like. You can stay overnight too if you feel like it, we sure do have enough room for you. Anything you want to ask, just feel free. My wife and son should be around too so you can ask them anything as well, they'll be happy to answer any queries you have." Varek said, smiling at Will.

"What do you think I should do?" Will asked.

"Well, being natal is what you know to do. What's the harm in trying to be an elite and maybe learn something new? But of course, it's all up to you. Only you will know what you think is best. You should talk to your parents about it too, get their input."

"Thanks Varek."

"No problem Will. If it's any help, I see a lot of elite in you and I see you doing great things. You're a diamond in the rough." Will smiled at the elite in front of him. Varek, even President Dart didn't seem like the weird people that natals made elites out to be. To Will, they were both pretty normal, just people who had a passion for discovery and advancement. People who liked to see the world get better whether it was through their help or not. They were like himself.

Will had to think maybe that was why Thane didn't seem weird the other day, because to Will, he wasn't. To Will, all elites shared his thirst for knowledge. The reason he never felt connected to Lunaris was because he didn't have the right incentive to. Talking to Varek and Dart, for once Will felt like he mattered. Felt like he could make a change, for everyone and for himself. For once, he cared about Lunaris.

12