The Maid Epilogue

Story Info
A final look at how Andi and Steph are doing.
2.6k words
4.79
24.5k
41

Part 8 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 07/08/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
karaline
karaline
955 Followers

Hello Romance readers and apologies for gate crashing your category with this final instalment of a thing that has so far lived in non-consent/reluctance.

To Andi and Stephano fans, I'm sorry about the delay to the arrival to this short piece, it should have come along a lot quicker than it did but tragedy struck in my small literary world.

My beloved beta reader Lexi (vmc123) suddenly passed away a few days after the final chapter of The Maid was posted. She was living with a chronic illness and her passing had always been a very real risk, still it came as a shock to me. Despite living on different continents we'd grown close in the short time I'd had to know her, we were in contact almost daily and she had become a very integral part of my writing process.

My initial thoughts were not to write the epilogue at all but to leave the story as it was; I felt it would be wrong to complete it without Lexi as really this was much her tale as it is mine, but on the other hand there are many lose ends left untied and eventually I decided it wasn't fair on you, the readers, or respectful to Lexi's memory to leave it at that. Instead as a final tribute to her I am using a suggestion she made; unlike the rest of the story -which was told from Andi's perspective, in this final part will be from Stephano's point of view.

At this rate the 'authors note' is going to be longer than the epilogue but I still have to thank the many friends I have made through Literotica for their unwavering support, I don't want to mention you all by name, because that would be very convoluted and I might forget someone, but you know who you are. The exception to this would have to be Apple_of_Eden whose friendship and support was indispensable to me in those first few weeks.

And of course thanks to misternik, who managed to do some editing, before I got impatient and uploaded it without giving him the chance to finish!

~

Stephano gazed out towards the horizon. He hadn't looked at the time yet, but it must have been early; the sun was low in the sky and the sand still felt cool beneath his feet. Sophia's excited cries reached him from where she played at the water's edge, and he watched her hop up and down as the cold water lapped at her feet.

She loved the sea. Every morning when he woke she would already be throwing her night clothes off, pulling on her swimming costume on and sprinting down to the beach as fast as she could run. Andrea would be stumbling out of bed and rushing to dress so she could follow her out into the bright morning, calling admonishments to her for going outside unaccompanied. Every time her words fell on deaf ears because each new morning yesterday's entreaties would be forgotten in Sophia's excitement to get back to the water.

It had been almost a year since Andrea had finished working at the hotel to start her PGC, and it had been surprisingly easy for him to arrange things so he could work more from London. The three of them had fallen into a comfortable routine, which would occasionally involve him collecting Sophia from afterschool club. Cautiously he entered this new unfamiliar world, filled with curious glances and unspoken questions. When Sophia saw him she would launch herself into his arms, presenting him with her latest artistic creations and photocopied letters on colourful paper and he found himself oddly touched by her enthusiastic welcome. Andrea would return everyday from university or her class placement, exhausted but her eyes were bright and she was always smiling. Often, he would cook them dinner as she regaled them both with stories about her young charges and the mischief they got up to or the funny things they would say.

Her apartment was too cramped for the three of them; the kitchen was tiny and it was damp in the poorly ventilated bathroom. She insisted it was fine and that she loved him being there, but he didn't want to overstay his welcome. He wanted to buy a property in London; a bigger place which they could all live in, so they could make a home together. As always, he was impatient to take it to the next level, to commit to her, to make their relationship more permanent, but when he broached the subject of moving he noticed Andrea seemed to withdraw a little. She didn't disagree but she wouldn't look at him either, instead her eyes seemed to skirt around the room as she fiddled with the hem of her jumper. He knew he was pushing her. He'd learned to read the signs and it was still too soon, she wasn't ready for that step yet.

He wondered why he was so impatient. What was it about her that affected him in this way? He'd never felt this urgency before. He had this yearning to take care of her, to take care of both of them, and it seemed to consume him. This had never happened to him before; normally he was the one who panicked about commitment, as soon as there was talk of moving in together, of marriage or children he would be the one to clam up or run away. He smiled to himself at the irony of it. Maybe he was just too used to always getting his own way? Andrea never made those kinds of demands of him. Instead she was fearful of giving up her independence, reluctant to allow herself to be looked after. It was hardly surprising given her history, he supposed. He scowled, as he always did when he thought about Joe and how he had walked out on a pregnant teenage Andrea. He realised he had tensed up. Unclenching his fists, he focused on a small boat that was bobbing up and down in a distant cove and tried to calm his breathing.

Sophia had formed the beginnings of a tentative relationship with her father, but so far they had only spent time together when she was visiting her grandparents When they returned from their break, there were plans for Joe to take Sophia to the zoo for the day one Sunday.

He tried not to worry about Joe when he had to be in Milan, but to say he didn't would have been a lie. Joe had been Andi's first love; he was Sophia's father, theirs was a special relationship and there was nothing Stephano could do to change that. He hadn't forgotten that Joe had wanted to rekindle their relationship when he'd found out that Andrea was seeing someone new. Stephano would have been happier if Joe had stayed in the past.

They had only met once, when Stephano and Andi had collected Sophia from Brighton a few months ago it had been awkward. In the short time they had been in the same room the two men had not spoken. He had shaken Joe's hand when it was proffered, but he'd given no returning smile. He'd been too busy trying not to allow the irrational possessive rage that was creeping up the inside of him and threatening to burst out show on his face to risk trying to smile.

Andrea was so patient with Joe, so encouraging as he carved out a new life for himself after his time in rehab. He didn't deserve her support, not after the way he had treated her, he didn't deserve to have a second chance at being a father after what he'd done, but Joe did seem to be committed to building a relationship with Sophia and to sticking around. Stephano couldn't help but to admire Andrea for putting the past behind her and doing what was best for Sophia.

***

They had Stephano's sister for lunch the previous day with her husband and their two boys. It had gone well. Nicole had been curious to meet the woman who had stolen her brother's heart so entirely.

She had known him through a few relationships; she had even met some of his previous lovers, but only casually. He had never made the effort to formally introduce them. So at the invitation, despite usually having quite a reserved relationship she had suddenly reached over and pulled him into her arms and kissed him on both cheeks, her accompanying laughter was loud and abrupt, almost as though she had surprised herself with the contact. Her eyes were sparkling and she was grinning when she pulled away again.

"You must like this new woman, if you're introducing her to your family."

"She's not that new." He frowned, as he wondered why he'd made the offer in the first place. He hadn't really thought it through before he'd asked. "It's not a big deal, I thought it might be nice."

"It will be lovely. What shall I bring?"

And although Andrea was excited to meet Stephano's sister, as the day had drawn closer she was also nervous. She fretted about what they would make for lunch. The day before, Stephano found her standing in the bedroom, hands on her hips, frowning at her reflection in the mirror. The floor around her feet covered with her discarded clothes. He had pressed himself up against her and pulled her into his arms, watching her reflection in the mirror over her shoulder. He swept her hair to one side and as he trailed kisses along the fragrant skin of her neck, telling her it didn't matter, that what she wore wasn't important, but she had sighed and told him he didn't understand.

Later that day, at his insistence they had driven into Florence and he had taken her to the historical quarter of the city so he could buy her something to wear. When they arrived and she realised his intention, she tried to say he didn't need to take her shopping and that the clothes in these shops were too expensive. He could see the longing in her eyes as she gazed around at the shop windows, and it didn't take much to convince her to let him.

When the day had had finally arrived, Sophia had initially been shy with the two boys. They were were older bigger than her, she couldn't understand their enthusiastic questions. At first she clung to Stephano's legs as they tore about the small cottage like a herd of elephants, bumping into things and calling out to each other. Andrea gave her some ice-lollies to share with them, and soon she had lost her initial shyness and she was marching them down to the beach, showing them her favourite rock pools and earnestly explaining all about the anemones that dwelled in them, as though she was divulging most vital, confidential secrets. By the awed expressions on their faces, the boys thought so too. Stephano smiled as he recalled how she held their attention unwaveringly even though they could hardly understand a word she was saying. And soon enough it was as though they'd all known each other forever. He marvelled at Sophia's resourcefulness when she needed to make herself understood and her Italian - which although still rudimentary - was coming along leaps and bounds in the few short weeks they had been there.

It was clear that his sister approved of Andrea too. He watched them as they ate, chatting and laughing together and he felt a surge of pride. Seeing Andrea with his family was like seeing her for the first time all over again, she seemed to shimmer like a diamond. When she smiled he felt his insides warm and when she laughed he wanted to reach out and touch her. Discreetly he glanced at the clock over the mantelpiece, it was only 5pm; they could still be here for hours yet. He was already feeling impatient to be alone with her again. As he sighed he felt a twinge of guilt for feeling so inhospitable, he hardly saw his sister, and now she was here he was wishing her away. At that moment Andrea turned and looked up at him, perhaps she could feel him watching her. Their eyes met he could tell she could see what he was thinking in his eyes and she smiled a secret knowing smile.

Nicole insisted on helping Andrea clear the table and they giggled together as armed with plates and cutlery they both disappeared into the kitchen. When he arrived to look for a bottle opener they both fell silent and turned to look at him. Andrea was hiding her mouth behind her hand, and his sisters eyes sparkled mischievously. Later that evening he had been relentless in his attempts to make her admit what they'd been talking about, but despite his best efforts but she wouldn't tell him.

He sat on the bed and frowned as she disappeared into the bathroom, he wasn't sure how he felt about Andrea and his sister having secret, giggled conversations that he wasn't allowed to know about. She emerged from the shower and as she brushed her teeth he could see her through the open door, she looked over her shoulder and grinned

"Are you sulking, Stephano?"

He opened his mouth, to staunchly deny the accusation, when he realised that he was sulking he closed it again. Instead his eyes drifted over the small white towel she was wearing, and the way in which barely concealed her naked body. He grinned to himself as he recalled the ensuing sex.

A large black dog galloped into view, interrupting his thoughts. He bristled, poised to call Sophia back to the house, or move closer to her, but after circling around a few times and sniffing at something he couldn't see it, disappeared again.

Andrea emerged smiling from the house, wearing a dressing gown, hair still tousled from sleep. She handed him a cup of coffee and resting hers on the low wall in front of them she wrapped her arms around his waist, pressing her cheek against his chest. He held her to him, resting his chin on her head. Predictably a surge of desire rose up in him, not the tsunami of lust physical contact with Andrea usually brought with it; it was gentler than that, but still he had the urge to lift her into his arms and carry her back to bed so he could sate his desires, but he knew he mustn't. They couldn't leave Sophia unattended.

Together they watched as the sun crept higher. Already holidaymakers were starting to arrive with picnic blankets and parasols, but so far they were still enough of a distance away for Stephano and Andrea to feel they were still alone. There was talk of sun block for Sophia, who had begun to construct a sand castle of epic proportions. It was a complex of turrets and tunnels, the lower outreaches were constantly being washed away as the encroaching tide. This holiday had been first Sophia's real experience of the beach. At first she had sobbed and railed and beat her fists against the sand when the sea obliterated her creations but now she understood and she seemed to delight in the destruction it inevitably wreaked.

They stood in silence for a while, watching the seagulls as they swooped around the low cliff face. Enjoying the relative peace and quiet while Sophia was distracted until Andrea spoke.

"I love you." She said it so quietly that at first he wasn't sure she'd even spoken. They were only words, three simple words and it wasn't the first time she had said them. But coming from Andrea, spontaneously spoken, knowing what it took for her to say them, they meant the world to him.

The End

karaline
karaline
955 Followers