The Marine & The Beauty Queen Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The fence posts had dry-rotted in the ground," she said, "and when they leaned against the fence a long section broke."

Susan explained they had hundreds of miles of fencing, with tens of thousands of fence posts and all of it needed to be checked and any damaged or rotten posts needed to be replaced.

"It's not easy work, especially in the Texas heat, but it is not rocket science either. Plus there is plenty of other general repair jobs that are always needed around the ranch."

Dennis said he had someone in mind that might be perfect for the job.

"I used to think he was one of the smartest people I ever knew, but then he made some incredibly stupid decisions. Decisions that cost him everything that was important in his life.

"But I can tell you that he is hard-working, and as honest as the day is long."

Susan asked him when could she met this person.

"Well, first I have to warn you about something.

"He is an ex-Marine, and actually a disabled veteran. Has a limp.

"He also has a Silver Star from Iraq, and a Purple Heart."

I think I heard Susan gasp.

Hunt laughed a little, then added, "His late father-in-law was probably the best friend I have ever had, and he once sworn me to secrecy before telling me his son-in-law actually got the Purple Heart after being wounded in the butt."

"When can I met this ex-Marine with the butt wound?" I heard Susan whisper in a barely audible voice.

By the time Hunt looked up at the two-way mirror, I was already out the door and was opening the door to his other office.

I took a half-dozen steps inside, then said, very quietly, "Do you . . . do you think you might have a position for me at your ranch, Mrs. Osborne?"

I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, but the reaction I got was not what I was expecting.

Just a few minutes earlier, when Susan said she still loved me and wanted to give us another chance, my heart was soaring higher than the clouds.

But now? She didn't look up, just thrust one hand high in the air in what must be one of the most familiar signals traffic cops use world-wide.

The universal "Stop" signal.

My heart plummeted.

She can't stand to look at me, and doesn't want me to come any closer.

Crushed, devastated, I started to turn around.

But wait!

Could it be?

Could I be seeing what I was thinking I was seeing?

Yes, her hand was raised up in the "Stop" signal.

But her fingers were spread apart.

Slowly, very slowly, not even daring to breathe, I walked closer.

When I finally put my palm up against hers, she laced her fingers through mine and then Susan, my beautiful Susan was in my arms again.

We were both laughing and crying, and trying to talk to each other at the same time.

I was saying, "Susan, can you ever forgive me? I love you!" while she was saying, "Dennis, I love you! Can you ever forgive me?"

Then, we said it together to each other:

"I love you."

And again, "I love you!"

Then we were kissing.

When we finally broke the kiss, I leaned back slightly and said, "Well, Mrs. Osborne, you never did answer my question. Do you think you might have a position for me at your ranch?"

"Mr. Osborne," she answered with an incredibly beautiful smile, "I can think of two or three positions right now!"

And we kissed again.

At least until Hunt started coughing, then said, "Well folks, let's not forget that this is a law office. I think the best legal advice I can give you right now is GET A ROOM!"

Then he laughed and added, "I just remembered, Dennis has his camper, his big travel trailer in my back parking lot. GET A CAMPER!"

"You have a camper?" Susan asked.

"Yes," I said.

"I love camping," Susan said.

"I know," I answered.

As we started to leave Hunt's office, hand-in-hand, Susan turned around and had one more thing to say to him.

"Huntsell?" She asked, using his full first name.

"Yes, Mrs. Osborne" he said.

"If you see the camper rockin', don't come knockin."

A few minutes later, I had just unlocked the door to the trailer when I turned to Susan and put my arms around her. She put her arms around me.

"I would like to carry you inside, but I don't think I can -- for two reasons."

I could feel her claws start to dig into my back.

"No, no," I laughed, "I just meant that I don't think the door is wide enough for one reason, and I am afraid I might trip over the step for the second."

A few minutes later, the camper was rockin' and rockin' and rockin'.

EPILOGUE:

Five years later, Susan and I have one of the most successful horse ranches in Texas. Our quarter-horses are recognized as simply among the finest breeds available today. But if you want to buy a horse, don't come on the weekend. Every weekend, we saddle up some horses and spend Friday night, Saturday and most of Sunday at Rosewood Canyon. At first, just Susan and I. Then later, we started saddling up ponies as well, after we began adopting children. We've actually outgrown the cabin, since three children don't fit too well in a single set of bunk beds, and we plan on adopting at least three more -- or four -- or five -- or who knows? So I am adding a second room onto the cabin. But we plan on leaving it as primitive as possible. I am back up to 185 pounds, and have a 28-inch waist line. It is amazing what replacing a few thousand fence posts in Texas heat in summer can do to get you, and then keep you in shape. Susan is up to 128, and has never -- NEVER -- looked more beautiful. And every single morning, and every single night, Susan and I put our palms together and clasp our hands together. We are two -- but we are more than that. We are now, and will always be, of one heart!

12