The Marriage Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,628 Followers

"Welcome to Douderson," the king proclaimed and came forward to dote on Hamund. All ceremony ended as Angelica and her parents reunited. I noticed Uri was not present and thought it was for the best.

"He is lovely, Angelica," the queen said. Hamund was happily babbling to her, telling her, in his own way, about the horrible trip. It was strange to see the queen babble back and even the king attempted some meaningless drivel. They were infatuated at once. Angelica was beaming with pride which I enjoyed immensely.

"Come inside," the king offered, "you two can clean up while we get to know our grandson." The keep was older than Southerson's. It had many items along the walls that spoke of its old legacy. I was most impressed with the tapestries that showed battles from long ago. The main hall held portraits of past kings, too many to count in a quick view. Hamund let out a loud shout, happy to be inside. So many new things to see and explore. I could see his excitement as he tugged on the queen's collar and leaned, trying to find the floor. To my surprise, the queen lowered him. She straddled his moving form with her legs and followed lovingly. Hamund was thrilled to be let loose and moved with acuity.

"A strong will, this one," the queen laughed. The king laid his hand on my shoulder.

"You have done well," the king said proudly. My part in it was rather easy, but I accepted the praise none the same. "It is good to have you home," the king said, turning to Angelica, "to see you happy and a mother brings joy to my heart." Angelica began to tear up and folded herself into her father's arms. It was the homecoming she had hoped for. I was glad it was as she dreamed.

<<<<<>>>>>

The bath coated me in blissful warmth. I was alone for the first time in weeks, and there was little sound. No horses snuffing or carriage creaking, just the soft noise the water made when I jostled it. I closed my eyes, wondering carelessly if I would drown if I fell asleep. The way my muscles were losing their will to work, it would be a hard-fought battle to return to the surface. I smiled to myself and slowly stretched my back muscles this way and that, letting the water's heat cook off the weeks of travel.

"I was told you had arrived." Uri surprised me in my stupor. I did not wish a discussion with him while I was naked in a tub. He had a way of finding me at my most vulnerable. I decided not to turn to face him or even lift my head from the rim.

"We missed you at the greeting," I said without a care. Proprietary said he should have been there. For one so steeped in avoiding shame, he chose his causes unevenly.

"Lady Mylle," Uri pronounced the word lady with disdain, "was not with your party. She is, hopefully, no longer in favor?" I almost moved at that. I slowly opened my eyes and watched as he moved closer to the tub.

"The Lady Mylle is not your concern," I repeated smoothly what I said so long ago. I did not want to debate with Uri. I already knew his mind, and it did not agree with mine. There was a political connection and nothing more.

"Surely with a child, Angelica knows her womanhood now," Uri's expression was a mix of anger and ignorance. He truly knew nothing of his sister. I wished I could stand and look impressive as I spoke. Naked, I would have looked more the fool so I lay as calmly as I could.

"You and I need to only concern ourselves with the security of our kingdoms." I closed my eyes to try to look uninterested in his desires. "I will not question your home, and I wish the same from you." There was a brief silence, my eyes remained closed.

"My broken sister will always be my concern," Uri said stiffly. I heard him walk away. I swallowed comments that were better kept to myself. He had known it was time to leave, that further disagreement would lead to worse things. I rose and dried, he had succeeded in ruining my bath.

To be continued...

DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,628 Followers