The Marriage Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,627 Followers

"She has always been what she is," I said, "she always will be. It is not something that can be changed nor should you try." I was sure I was wasting my breath. It is nothing he has not heard before.

"You could stop her shame," Uri retorted, "it angers me that you let it go on. What kind of husband allows it? What does that make you? Am I to think well of it?"

"You are to ignore it," I stated, "you are to choose what is best for those who are your concern. The alliance is best for your kingdom and mine."

"An alliance with a man who will not control his broken wife?" Uri queried with disgust. I stood.

"If you wish to shatter our kingdoms, speak that word again." I was ready. His hatred had boiled, and it was best to know now if there was no resolution. Uri waved his hand indicating I should sit.

"No, I wish nothing of the kind," he repented, "my father's will is law, and I will abide by it. I retract the word and will not use it again." Strangely, he chuckled as I sat. "It was your surrender that angers me most." He knew I had given him the match.

"I thought it best that it ended," I offered.

"Mayhap, but we will never know now," Uri said solemnly, "you know my counsel about my sister. I will speak of it no more under my father's decree. I will hide my distaste, and we will be of like mind on security. That I can give you." It pained him greatly, but it was offered with truth.

"We have done damage to your ranks," I said, "it must be repaired or rumor could do more." Uri tilted his head and looked at the ceiling. I could see his eyes moving along the seams between the rafters as he thought.

"In three days' time there will be another drill," Uri explained, "you will lead the drill and teach some Southerson ways. I will learn, and the men will see we are not at odds." I nodded my head and stood. It seemed best to end it there so I started to leave.

"A request?" Uri asked. I stopped, not turning around, hoping it was not something that would smolder in my mind.

"Yes."

"I wish to spend time with Hamund." Uri sounded contrite. "I enjoy the boy, and will not let our arguments extend to him." I heard a quiver in his voice. Hamund, at least, meant something to him. Mayhap, Hamund would be the diplomat.

"Of course," I responded. "You are his uncle," I added to remind him of his responsibility. I walked out without further conversation.

When I had arrived back at the room, the queen was trying desperately to talk Angelica out of packing.

"We are not leaving, my love," I said, trying to sound reasonable. I could see the queen holding back tears.

"He almost struck you dead," Angelica exaggerated loudly. The queen picked up Hamund who was busy pulling the blanket off the bed. She hugged him close. I moved to Angelica and brought her into my arms. I could feel anger steaming in her muscles.

"No," I said slowly, "he would not. We have settled things." I began to rock her in a small dance. "Two foolish men is all. It is over, and we cannot punish Hamund for it." The queen was smiling at my words. Hamund was struggling to get back to his blanket pulling. Angelica's muscles relaxed in mine. I felt her give herself to me, and let me make the decision.

"I am sorry, Mother," Angelica said into my shoulder. She was helping me rock now.

"I am happy you are staying," the queen said, "I will take Hamund downstairs - we can meet when you are ready." I nodded to the queen as I danced slowly with my wife. It was not a good day, but at that moment it was pleasant. We were silent as we moved slowly together. We calmed each other, and slowly let the bad slide away. It was a long time before we headed down to find Hamund.

<<<<<>>>>>

Angelica and I found Hamund swimming in the laughter of his grandparents in the library. He was sitting proudly, having done something they found wonderful. To our surprise, there was laughter from Uri as well. I would have preferred he was not present, but I had offered and I sensed the queen thought it a proper reunion to help move things forward. I sucked in my reservations as I was sure Angelica was doing as well.

"Who is that?" the queen prompted, pointing at Uri, "Who is that?" I was a bit confused about what had transpired, and wondered what was so funny.

"Uriiiii." It came out of Hamund as he pointed at Uri. Anger flared in me, but I hid it behind a smile. My boy's first word was Uri? It was the most evil form of injustice ever devised. Uri started laughing, which of course pleased Hamund greatly. Uri looked up, and only gave me a brief look. I assumed he knew what I was thinking.

"I startled you today, my sister," Uri said apologetically, "I am sorry, it will not happen again." The queen looked hopefully at Angelica who could naught but accept it. The queen smiled at what looked like a resolution to a family squabble. Hamund came crawling at full speed toward me and begged to be lifted. I was happy to comply. At least he knew who loved him.

"Uriiii." Hamund said as soon as he was in my arms. He then pointed at Uri. I was defeated in this, there was naught to do, but make a grand display about his first word. I joined the laughter while I held my proud son. He turned to Angelica, and repeated his first word while pointing at Uri. I assumed he thought he was teaching us. Angelica gave in, and swamped him with kisses. Of course, that just encouraged him more. At least, Uri looked better smiling than scowling.

The days passed in relative tranquility. Uri was neither kind nor unkind to us. To Hamund, he was a favorite uncle. I do not know why they took such a liking to each other, but Uri had a way of coaxing new words out of Hamund. Try as I might, it was Uri who Hamund mimicked when it came to words. It was infuriating, and, as a parent, I could not even complain. In time, I resolved to accept it as better for everyone. Yes, Hamund would be the diplomat.

<<<<<>>>>>

The drill went exceedingly well. All accepted that Uri and I had had nothing but a temporary tiff. The alliance was strengthened by the Bear knowing some of the Lion's tactics. The rumors ceased, and security was once again assured. Reconciliation between Angelica and Uri was still a long way off. They only spoke through Hamund, and never to each other. It was to be expected since Uri still found her shameful, and she disliked him for it. Uri avoided dinner with us, which was for the best. We did not need to be friends to hold the alliance together. We each knew there was a warrior in the other. We would be content with that.

The night after the drill, Angelica was especially sweet. At dinner she spent time serving me, making sure my glass was never empty and asking if I wanted more of this or that. I enjoyed her attentions, but I was sure she wanted something. The queen had requested some musicians after the dessert. I was beginning to think Angelica was going to call me out to sing once again. I wondered if the king would second for me. The music started with a slow ballad and I was pleasantly surprised when a sweet voice, not my wife's, went into a musical tale about a hunter and his boy. Angelica took my hand and led me to the floor. We danced a couple's dance, slow movements, never separating hands. Our eyes stayed on one another's, my lips smiling on their own to match hers.

"I sense more scheming," I said humorously.

"I have a request, that is true, my love," Angelica said, her voice thick and sweet. I waited for it, but she did not continue. It caused me to laugh from the pressure of it. She was making me ask for it. I could be stubborn on many things, but this was too tempting.

"My love, are you playing with me?" I asked as we stepped into each other, then backed apart again.

"Yes," Angelica replied, smiling. We began a series of turns using our enclosed hands as the center. She was baiting me, refusing to let me know. Her red hair flared out as we spun a bit faster.

"I will deny you almost nothing, my love," I said. Asking without asking was a good step before begging. My mind shifted between many imagined requests. None of which seemed to need this amount of subterfuge.

"I do not doubt your love," Angelica maneuvered. Her smile was eating into me. If she were a man I would have drawn a sword already. Instead, I suffered in my ignorance.

"You will not ask me now?" I gave in with a sideways question. Angelica was winning this game, and I did not even know the rules.

"No," Angelica laughed. We stepped into each other again, and she broke form for a quick kiss. We parted then came together, and she dodged my return kiss. I was most definitely losing this game. I surrendered with a laugh. Angelica smiled, ignored the music and spun us around at good pace. I loved her most when she was happy. Tonight she was most pleased.

When the song ended, Angelica led me by my hand to her mother.

"We are going to retire early," Angelica said. Mother and daughter shared a look. I again smelled a scheme, another meeting I was not invited to.

"Hamund will spend the night with us, if that is alright, dear?" the queen requested. It was too rehearsed.

"He will think it a treat, Mother," Angelica said brightly, "I will go gather him." Angelica retreated to retrieve Hamund who was being entertained by some retainers in an adjoining room.

"I feel I am in the dark, my Lady," I said to the queen.

"Men always are, dear," the queen replied. She stood from her chair to address me. "I had hoped Angelica would have a tolerable marriage. I always knew how she thought, and prayed she would not be unhappy." She reached up and stroked my face. "You, my son, have made her more happy than I could have hoped for. I know the difficulties it has placed on you. Do know I am eternally grateful."

"Angelica has made me happy as well, my Lady" I replied softly, "it was fate that matched us." The queen smiled and kissed my cheek.

Angelica approached with a blue-lipped Hamund. "Our son has found a love of berries," Angelica mused. It brought a laugh out of me that Hamund duplicated. His few teeth and tongue were just as blue. The queen relieved her daughter of the stained Hamund, and sent us on our way.

"What did Mother say?" Angelica asked as we moved toward our room.

"The queen told me I was a saint to tolerate your schemes," I joked, still hinting for the hidden request. Angelica smacked my arm, then rubbed the spot tenderly. "She thanked me for your happiness. I told her it worked both ways," I said truthfully. Angelica smiled and lifted up to kiss my cheek. We walked arm in arm to the room.

"My curiosity is bursting," I said once we were alone. Her night's preparations had been successful at that. Angelica just smiled and walked toward the hearth. It was not especially cool, but she placed more wood that ignited quickly.

"This thing I ask," Angelica said, not looking at me, "I wish you to think about it. If it is too much, I will not fault you." Now I was worried that it would be a difficult request. Mayhap I did not want to know.

"I am ready, my love" I lied.

"Alia is agreeable," Angelica qualified, "I would not ask it otherwise." More meetings I had missed. I would need the schedule in the future. I sat on the edge of the bed. Angelica stood from poking the fire and turned toward my silence. She walked toward me and stood between my legs.

"I wish another child," Angelica said, her face serious. I was confused about the subterfuge.

"I would not be against it," I replied, "Hamund is a joy, purple lips and all." Angelica smiled and I could tell that was not all.

"I wish to start tonight," Angelica added. That was surprising, but also not something I would be against. I just looked at her, waiting for the rest. She was hesitant.

"My love, tell me," I said.

"Mylle will not be here," Angelica looked away as she spoke, "I will need help." I could feel some shame from her. I did not like her feeling it. I stood and wrapped her in my arms.

"What kind of help," I whispered.

"Mylle told you things for me," Angelica's voice cracked as she spoke, "like what Alia told me for you." I did not mean to, but I chuckled. Angelica did not take it well, and pushed me away.

"No," I pleaded with a silly smile, "it is not your request I find humorous. I thought she told me for Alia's benefit." Angelica's eyes widened, then a sly smile formed.

"Did she benefit?" Angelica asked.

"Most assuredly," I responded. Angelica covered her mouth when she laughed. "She said it was lovely."

"You did not find it offensive?" Angelica asked. I now knew what she had found so difficult. I pulled her back into my arms.

"If it is what you desire, it is what pleases me," I replied. I pushed her back a bit. "Close your eyes, my love," I said softly, "I will try to be small and cute." Angelica closed her eyes, and held back her laugh. I was a full three hands taller than Mylle. Angelica would have to make pictures in her mind. I moved around her, slowly undoing her clothes, and kissing the newly-exposed skin. I tried to be slow and tender, what I could remember of Mylle and Angelica together. Angelica seemed to be enjoying the game, if not my touch.

I laid Angelica on the bed when she was finally naked. To my mind it was going well. She seemed relaxed. I did not want to rush things and fail. It would hurt us both to not succeed. She smiled at me as I disrobed. I leaned down, kissed her eyes and reminded her to keep them closed. She did, but kept her smile. It was pleasurable to know I had her trust, and she feared naught. My eyes were pleased with her visage, lying there, her red hair sprawled about her wonderful smile.

I began where habit led me. I took her foot and ran my hand tenderly along the sole to the spot below the ankle, the one Alia was so fond of. I saw no great reaction, women were different so I continued back up the sole, and received an almost imperceptible moan when my thumb rubbed the center of the front pad, just below the toes. I watched her sink further into the bed as I massaged the area. I kissed her big toe and lightly rubbed the spot with both thumbs. I was surprised when the other foot rose to the first. I was rewarded with a soft giggle when I rubbed both feet in the same spot.

"You may do that forever," Angelica purred, her eyes still closed. My mind drifted, wondering if Mylle also had a special spot on her feet. I chased the thought away, and returned to my wife. I softly kissed my way from her ankle, to her knee and higher, along her thigh. I felt her muscles tighten as I neared her flower. I slowed to give her mind time to catch up, kissing my way back up to her knee and then switching to the other leg. She tightened once again as I neared my goal. I did not desire a rehash of our first night, not without Mylle there. I started to retreat again, but was halted when her fingers combed into my hair and pulled me forward.

I did not resist her direction. I moved as carefully as I dared until my lips sat at the top of her sex. I kissed her small hood softly, not wanting to go quickly. She was caressing her hands through my hair as I tentatively tasted her with my tongue. She flinched a little, but did not allow me to retreat. I brought my fingers forward, and wet them in my mouth. I closed my eyes and hoped Mylle spoke true. I trailed along her opening to her backside with a light pressure. She sucked in her breath.

"A daughter would be lovely," Angelica whispered more to herself. Her hips lifted slightly for me. "She would have your eyes, my love." she continued as I followed Mylle's plan as I had with Alia. I began to smell a heavenly musk, and tasted a sweetness. My desire grew as she reacted to me, and I began to be more passionately aggressive. "A baby girl. Hamund would love her," Angelica continued softly, her hands pulling me tighter between her legs. It was the desire of motherhood driving her.

Angelica gently pulled up my head. "I am ready, my love." Her eyes were wide and excited. "Do you require me?" she asked as her eyes traveled down between my legs.

"Your beauty was all I needed, my love," I replied as I rose above her. I was truly aroused at her desire. I knew I would never excite her as does Mylle, and it was the thought of a babe that drove her need. I also knew her love for me was not false. Nor mine for her. It was a warm thing, this strange marriage we shared.

I entered Angelica slowly, with only slight resistance. I went until I was fully in, and paused to let her get used to me. She widened her legs farther, and pulled my face to her. Our eyes were inches apart.

"I wish to see you when we make the baby," Angelica said. I found an intensity in her words. I began to move my hips, retreating and returning to her womb as my breathing increased. My eyes never leaving hers. I saw her focus travel between my eyes, and her smile increased with my breathing. I did not try to prolong, it was not for my enjoyment, though enjoy I would. I felt some sweat form on my forehead as I concentrated on deep strokes. She felt my readiness.

"We will make our baby now," Angelica whispered. My hips tightened at her words and I spilled into her. It was more pleasurable than I had intended, and continued for many heartbeats. My eyes glossed over, her face becoming fuzzy. I descended completely into her, and stayed to catch my breath. Her hands moved around me and hugged me close. We stayed that way for a long time, my head buried in her neck.

I moved off her after I had fully recovered. She stayed close, wrapping her arm over the top of me as I lay on my back. I smiled as a thought entered my head.

"It could be another boy," I warned good-humoredly. Angelica kissed my cheek, and let a small laugh escape.

"I will have my daughter, " Angelica mused, "even if we must have an army of sons first." I added my laugh to that thought. I could also tell she meant it. I pushed my arm under her neck and pulled her head to my chest. I lay there running my fingers through her hair. It was a comfortable place the be. I looked up at the canopy above the bed and wondered if Alia was lonely. It saddened me a little to lay with another knowing she was alone.

"Alia knows," Angelica said softly without moving.

"What?"

"I felt you leave me," Angelica said, her ear to my heart, "you worry about your love. I tell you I asked her, and she wishes me a daughter also." I smiled at the meeting I had missed. "She knows she will have your heart when we return. It is not a wrong thing we do." I mussed up her hair and kissed the top of her head.

"You know me well," I admitted.

"I am your wife," Angelica replied simply. We fell asleep in each other's arms. I dreamed of an army of boys with blue lips.

<<<<<>>>>>

We joined the royals to break our fast. Angelica wished to retrieve Hamund, her motherhood pressing hard on her heart. The queen looked to not have slept, her eyes were dark and her demeanor slowed. Hamund seemed well enough, and the queen gladly handed him over.

"Did he not sleep?" Angelica asked with concern. She saw her mother's raggedness.

"It was the berries," the queen chuckled, not worried with her fatigue. "It seems he ate much, and spent the night expelling them." The king smiled and shook his head. I do not think the queen's words did the night justice. "Hamund thought it great fun, making such a mess over and over."

"Oh, my poor boy." Angelica hugged him close. Hamund smiled at me over her shoulder. He seemed to survive the night with little trouble, either that, or he was happy to be in his mother's arms. "No more berries for you." She cooed as she rocked him. She was a loving mother.

"And how did you sleep, Daughter?" the queen asked quizzically. I could see they had schemed to create last night. There were many meetings I was missing.

DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,627 Followers