The Marriage Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,627 Followers

"It was a lovely night, Mother," Angelica said, then leaned forward and lightly kissed her mother's cheek. The queen's eyes traveled to me and I felt my face redden. "We thank you for it," Angelica added. The queen brightened.

"We shall do it again, then" the queen decided, "just no berries next time." I could see the image of another grandchild in her eyes. The king passed close by me on the way to the table.

"'Tis that early grave I spoke about," the king whispered in good humor. I laughed and both women gave us a look. The king smiled, and I decided to keep my mind private. I, too, needed schemes to pretend to be equal. It was not much, but I could see Angelica wished to know. It gave me a small pleasure to hold the useless secret. It was a petty thing.

Angelica and I went for a ride after we ate. It had been a while since we had just played together with no agenda. Uri had been cordial with us so we allowed him to care to for Hamund as we rode. Uri had taken quite a shine to our boy, and Hamund reciprocated with his "Uriiii" and outstretched arms. Obviously, Uri's distaste for us did not extend to Hamund, which we were most grateful for. I could see Uri would let no harm come to Hamund and had no reservations leaving Hamund with him. Angelica was thinking of holding our son back as some kind of brother-sister game of retribution. It was my turn to convince her otherwise, and I had succeeded.

We rode deep into the countryside. It was Angelica's desire to show me places that pleased her as she grew up. Storm and Sunrise were happy to be out, and we let them run to work off their excitement. I loved seeing the unbidden smile on Angelica's face when Sunrise reached her full stride. It was sad that Storm could only keep up for a short time, but I enjoyed watching her red hair bounce happily from behind. Unlike riding against Uri, Storm did not seem to have a desire to beat Sunrise. I could swear he took a liking to Sunrise's rear.

I followed Angelica into a secluded grove, deep down an almost imperceptible path through a rather dense forest. There was barely enough room for us to pass mounted, but Angelica showed no lack of confidence that we could. When we emerged into a clearing, I heard the churning of a small waterfall. A creek ran through the clearing and water rushed over a waist-high boulder to drop into a small pond no more than four horses in width. The grasses were still green, and other boulders surrounded the pond waiting for us sit upon them. It was a very quiet and pretty place. Angelica turned and smiled to me as she dismounted. We wrapped our mounts' leads about a low branch, and they settled their muzzles into the grasses at their feet.

Angelica took my hand and led me to a large rock and we sat together. "A nice place, this," I offered, enjoying the sun on my face.

"I kissed Mylle the first time here," Angelica said. I could see the dreaminess in her eyes as she said it. "I did not know I was going to do it until it happened." A small smile formed on her lips. "We did not stop kissing after that. It is our place."

"And you share it with me?" I asked. I suddenly felt out of place, as if I had sent Mylle away.

"You will tell her I brought you here, my husband," Angelica said softly, "she cannot come, but your words will spark memories." Her grin grew. "She becomes excited at such things. It is most pleasing when she is excited."

"We are scheming," I realized out loud. I had been invited to a meeting.

"It is good scheming," Angelica said, looking at me, "our loves are worth such things."

"They are," I agreed. Thoughts of Alia entered my mind as I watched the water flow over the rock. It would have been nice to have her here, naked in the small pond. She would have ridden that stupid hag of a horse, and I would have let her. We could have swum the day away, making love in the sun. I heard a small laugh from Angelica.

"I can see when she is in your mind," Angelica said softly, "it is a pretty thing, your love for her."

"I am sorry," I apologized, "she is in my heart." I did not mean to drift away from Angelica. This was her time.

"I will tell her," Angelica smiled, "we will excite them both." More scheming. I could not help but laugh. She paused for a moment then looked at me with a little blush on her cheeks. "That feet thing. What you did last night. You could mention that to Mylle too." I was laughing again when I kissed her. I was enjoying our meeting.

<<<<<>>>>>

It was before midday when we returned. We would have ridden longer, but we did not want to leave Hamund with Uri too long. We went to retrieve him. Entering the library, we heard Uri boom out, "You have done it!" We found Uri kneeling on the ground, about three paces away from the kneeling Queen. He was lifting our excited boy above his head, obviously pleased with what had transpired.

"What goes on?" Angelica called to her mother. The queen waved her close and bade her kneel. Uri turned Hamund about and placed him on his feet. Hamund's eyes went wide when he saw his mother. With utter concentration, two little bowlegged feet moved forward, and Uri released him. The smile on Angelica was immense as her son wobbled one foot in front of the other. Hamund seemed more surprised than I at his feat, but did not falter until he fell into his mother's arms. I realized I had been holding my breath. Hamund broke into a fit of laughter which was soon joined by all of us.

Uri rose and looked at me, his face serious once more. "I leave you to it," he said as he exited the room. He would tolerate us for Hamund's sake. I was just happy he left. We exhausted Hamund, making him walk between us numerous times. It was a joyful experience, and made us proud, although I knew we would pay for it later with him becoming more mobile. It was strange that Uri had gotten him to speak and to walk. I disliked him even more for it. Mayhap, that is why he did it.

Angelica and I attempted to conceive three more nights during our stay. There were many days in between each attempt where we just enjoyed each other's company and spoke of Alia and Mylle. We were sorely missing them by the time the visit came to an end. For Angelica, the task was getting easier. Her pleasure was in the conception, and our love had removed the fear she once held. I had thought it strange I could not get her to tremor the way I could Alia, but I resigned that it was solely Mylle's territory. The heart goes where it will.

It was a clear morning, the day we started back to Southerson. The queen had tears which drove tears in Angelica. The king held his in check as he kissed his daughter goodbye. It would be years afore they saw each other again. Uri was absent, which I thought was rudely pleasing.

We had come with a crawling babbler, and left with a walking boy who knew a dozen words. One of which was "Ady." We do not know where it came from, but it was the name he gave his grandmother. It pleased the queen greatly when Hamund waved from the coach and yelled, "Ady, Ady," as we moved off. It took a while for me to get Angelica to stop tearing. Hamund helped with his kisses. He, like I, hated to see his mother cry.

<<<<<>>>>

The return trip was less problematic than the first. Only one day of bad weather, and Hamund was less troublesome. The strength in his legs made him more sure sitting astride Storm with my arm around his waist. Storm was given a new name, "Torm." If Angelica would have allowed, we would have ridden the whole way back together. She thought it best we did not bend his legs wide all day. She most likely had the truth of it, but Storm and I enjoyed his inquisitive looks as the world passed by.

One night I had awoken in the dark to find Hamund missing. He slept between us, and I could not find him hidden in the blankets. I rose, only in my trousers, and left the canvas in a small panic. I was worried he was roaming the night and would find a hole or such.

"Torm...torm," I heard near the makeshift stable. I found Hamund in the moonlight, pulling on Storm's foreleg and calling his name. I feared Storm would step on him unwittingly as I moved quickly to pull him away. Storm woke, but only nuzzled Hamund who reached up to be lifted as if the horse had arms. Storm never moved his foreleg as I rushed to my son's side. The panic subsided as I lifted him in my arms. Storm emitted a brief snort, seemly chastising me for not keeping eyes on my son. Hamund reached for Storm's back as if it was time to ride.

"Storm is tired," I said in a calm voice. My heart was beginning to return to normal. "We will ride tomorrow, my son. Let Storm sleep now." Hamund seemed to accept it. He reached out and stroked Storm's back then grasped around my neck, his favorite way to ride in my arms. "You should wake me if you want to go out," I instructed hopelessly. I realized then, what my father felt the day I had run away. Hamund was only missing for mere moments, and my heart was aching. "Thank you," I sighed to Storm as I stroked his muzzle.

"Where did you two go?" Angelica asked, sleepily, when we returned.

"Hamund went out alone." I said without sounding alarmed for Hamund's sake. Angelica woke completely and reached for her son.

"You did not wake me?" Angelica said with some alarm. I smiled to soothe her.

"I would have if he were not right outside," I told her, "he thought it would be a good time to go for a ride."

"Torm ired," Hamund said as Angelica brought him close. Angelica looked at him strangely.

"Yes, Son. Storm is tired," I said for Angelica's benefit. I tied the canvas tight this time, and hoped it would at least stall him enough if he tried it again. I crawled back in bed. Hamund was playing with Angelica's hair.

"You will wake me next time," Angelica warned me. I crawled over Hamund and kissed her.

"Next time," I said as I laid down, and tried to get the idea of my son falling into a dark hole out of my mind.

<<<<<>>>>>

We were all a little tired of the road by the time we saw the castle. "We are almost home," Angelica said to Hamund while pointing out the window of the carriage, "there it is; home." Hamund looked out, but was more interested in the deer that broke away into the trees.

My father and mother were waiting as the carriage pulled into the main bailey. I stepped out, feeling relieved at the journey's end. I lifted Hamund out and set him on his feet. I had forgotten my parents had not seen him in two months. Hamund had not forgotten them. He walked up to their wide-eyed surprise and lifted his arms to my mother.

"I ome," he announced. My mother's tears were evident as she lifted her grandson into her arms.

"You are home, my sweet boy," my mother doted, "you have grown much and I have missed it." I could now barely think of him not walking. It was a grand surprise for my parents. My mother kissed my cheek, my father slapped my shoulder. Angelica received kisses. All in all it was a comfortable homecoming. It was my mother who sped my heart when she leaned to my ear.

"I had a tub brought to your room," my mother whispered, "there is one there who would see you bathed." I looked toward Angelica who just smiled and nodded. "Go," my mother continued, "I will see to Hamund." I tried not to run. I suspect most thought I was in quick need of the privy. It was an endless set of moments before I was there. An angel with a smile was waiting. I ome.

To be continued...

DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,627 Followers