The Marriage Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,628 Followers

<<<<<>>>>>

I arrived at the main bailey, dressed in dark clothes, to find five men lined up, waiting. Angelica was kissing the last one on his cheek. It should not have surprised me, they were forfeiting their lives for our children. Angelica would not let them sacrifice without knowing what it meant to their queen. I silently thanked her for it.

On the stairs, above the field, was my strange family. My mother, Mylle, my true love Alia, Hamund who was joined by Angelica. Liliana had been put to bed. It was best she did not know of it. I would prefer her remembering me enjoying her dinner. Hamund was apprehensive, knowing only half truths. I questioned telling him, but felt he would not yet understand. He would briefly hate me for it, but I felt it best.

It was Alia who gave it away. Seeing me, she rushed down the stairs in renewed tears. I could not ignore it and took her in my arms, the world seeing all. There were no more secrets worth holding, and Angelica did not dare stop her. I crushed her in my arms, another goodbye was worth more than gold. Hamund saw truth in it.

"You will not return!" Hamund shouted. My heart caved at his words. He was too old for today, I wished him younger. "You will not wait for my uncle. You are giving up." I saw him lose hope in front of me. All that I have done in his eyes was erased in a moment. He did not understand.

To be continued...

DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,628 Followers