The Maury Show

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
StangStar06
StangStar06
5,845 Followers

He knew that if the baby was proven to be his, both his marriage and his career were over. His wife was very agitated and looked back and forth between her husband and the girl with her eyes narrowed. The girl on the other hand sat back in her chair relaxed, as if she didn't have a care in the world. It was as if she knew she'd done wrong but was at peace, since the truth was getting out. And also because she'd have proof of paternity and would have legal standing to collect child support for her child, and that would make her life a little bit less hellish.

In the glare of the hot studio lights, the entire room went silent, as Maury said, "In the case of 10 month old Amber Marie..." Then he paused for effect and stretched out the moment before continuing. "Reverend Pritchert...! you are the father!"

Immediately the former man of God, jumped straight up and ran out of the room to the back stage area, while his wife followed him screaming about divorcing his cheating ass. On stage the mother of his love child leaped up and started doing her onstage victory dance that was so suggestive that it would make a stripper blush. The audience loved it and I even found myself getting into it. Ellie elbowed me in the ribs and said, "There was no need for me to be gawking at that little whore when I already had someone who could do a better dance for me alone."

Then Sallie came out and sat down in one of the chairs on the set. She was having a conversation with Maury. She told him how she and Billy had been together for 7 years and had 5 kids. She talked about how they lived in a trailer and how he had never had a job, but she loved him anyway. Naturally, the audience cheered her, for standing by her man, no matter what their situation. Then she started talking about how lately their sex life had fallen off, and she'd heard rumors that Randy had been cheating on her, and had possibly even got one of the other women in trailer park pregnant.

The audience, "booed," and started frowning, even though no one actually prompted them. Then they showed Billy on the monitor in his taped, interview. Billy said, "He'd always been faithful to Sallie, and he was upset that she'd even think he'd ever cheat on her. Sallie and their kids were his life, and if she made him take a lie detector test, it would mean that she didn't trust him and he'd seriously consider ending their marriage."

The audience "booed," him, but Sallie looked a little unsure. I knew that she loved Billy, and wanted him back no matter what. She wanted his behavior checked, and she wanted to let him know that she was no fool, but the thought of really divorcing him had never been on the menu.

Next to me Ellie started talking about how that cheating bastard deserved anything he got if he'd gotten that slut pregnant. She squeezed my hand, and went backstage to comfort Sallie while the techs moved a chair out for Marilyn.

Then Marilyn came out on the stage. The audience "booed" her as much as they had Billy's tape. She sat down and immediately started talking about how Billy was screwing not only her, but several of the women in the trailer park. She wasn't in love with Billy, but she also wanted him to get a job and start making child support payments to help with the care of his latest child. She actually said she was sorry to Sallie for what she'd done, but that Billy had told her that Sallie and he were on the way to a divorce anyway. She claimed to be 2000 percent sure that Billy was the father of her baby. I was confused because outside of trailer parks, you can only have 100 percent. 100 percent is all there is. Marilyn's statement of course made Sallie cry, and Maury had to comfort her. To my surprise Ellie went running up onto the stage and hugged her sister and tried to make her feel better. "That cheating bastard is no good," said Ellie. I knew that we'd have to DVR this episode when it came on, because this was Ellie's dream come true. She was actually on the Maury show. We'd probably have to watch it every day for the rest of our lives. Then they finally brought Billy out. I felt sorry for him as he walked down the ramp onto the set. It took a lot of courage to walk that gauntlet of people who so obviously hated him, without ever having known him or spoken to him. There were no kind faces in that audience for Billy at all. Even Marilyn, who was equally guilty, received far more support or at least less venom, than poor Billy did.

Maury started asking Billy questions, and Billy denied everything. He denied cheating on Sallie at any time. He denied having ever had sex, period. He denied not having a job. He claimed that he was just unemployed. (yeah that one confused me too, but he was lost in the moment) I was expecting him to deny that his name was Billy. He claimed he didn't know Marilyn personally but that he had heard about her from some of his friends, and she was a whore. He said she was like a free internet service, because when it came to her pussy, she gave everyone access. She jumped up and ran across the stage hissing and swinging at him. Sallie jumped up to save Billy for some reason. I guess just because she was pissed at him, didn't mean she'd let some other woman beat on her man.

Ellie of course jumped in to help her sister and the security people had to separate all of them. With temper's flaring and the show looking more like Jerry Springer than Maury, it was time for Maury to read the results of the DNA test. "In the case of 3 month old Stephen," began Maury. "Billy, you are...Not, the father." Marilyn jumped up into the air crying and screaming that the test was wrong, and ran off stage. This time it was Billy, who breathed a sigh of relief, and started dancing on the stage.

"We still have the results of the lie detector test to read," said Maury. The audience still hungry for dirt or blood got quiet again. "We asked Billy if he had ever had sex with Marilyn," said Maury. "Billy said he had not. Our lie detector test revealed that was a lie, and he had more than 10 times." Billy started claiming the test was wrong. Sallie jumped up and slapped him across the face so hard that it rang out across the studio. Ellie pulled her back down into her seat.

"We asked Billy, if he has ever had sex with any woman outside of his marriage, other than Marilyn," said Maury. "He said no. Our lie detector test revealed that was a lie there have been more than 5 other women, and more than 50 times." Sallie was crying so hard now that Ellie had to hold her up. Billy had put his head down in his lap and was begging Maury to stop reading the results. The audience was screaming for more, and Maury who despite his seeming concern for Sallie, simply continued reading question after question. Each new revelation seemed to beat both Billy and Sallie further down, but Maury continued to read the rest of the results. I felt sorry for Billy and for Sallie, but couldn't help wanting to laugh, because the whole situation was just unreal.

Sallie suddenly jumped up and started screaming at Billy. The fury in her eyes caused Maury to jump out of her way. "You fucking bastard," she screamed. I knew they'd edit that out so the home audience wouldn't actually hear it, but would know exactly what she said. "Who were they? I want to know who the whores that were worth more to you than your own kids were, because I'm done with you," screamed Sallie viciously.

"Yeah, you sick bastard," screamed Ellie.

"You shouldn't talk Ellie," said Billy. And my world started to close in on me, because I knew what he was going to say before he said it. And like the rain following the first crack of thunder on a sunny day, the words came out. Billy looked at my wife and said, "Since, we both know that you were one of them whores."

The audience was suddenly quiet, and you could have heard a pin drop. Cameras all rotated towards Ellie and then back to Sallie for her reaction. Ellie screamed "No," in slow motion and looked at me across the room, but I could tell from the look in her eyes that it was true.

"If you don't believe me ask your lie detector man," said Billy. "He asked me if I had slept with any of your family members."

Sallie turned on Ellie and started hitting her. Ellie was too busy looking for me to even try to defend herself. But it was too late. Un-noticed, I had slowly walked out of the studio. I left the building and got a taxi to take me back to my hotel.

Back in the studio, Maury's production team quickly cancelled the next segment, so they could devote more time to the Sallie, Ellie and Billy triangle. I heard later, that Ellie repeatedly asked about me and where I was, and had been told that I was backstage cooling off. I really believe that they lied to her to keep her there and keep her from doing something stupid. They did call me repeatedly on my cell phone and at the hotel. I simply didn't answer. What they wanted was for me to come back to the studio and air out the wreckage of my marriage on TV. I checked out of the hotel within an hour and headed for the airport. Though I wasn't scheduled to fly home for 2 days, to allow for editing of the segment and possible reshoots, I was able to change my flight and leave within 90 minutes.

Back at the studio, Maury's team of producers and counselors had convinced Ellie, Sallie and Billy to all go back out on stage. The audience was rapt, their attention riveted on the stage. Sallie told both Ellie and Billy that she never wanted to see either one of them again. Billy begged her forgiveness, and swore that he'd never touch another woman again in his life. He needed help because like Tiger Woods, he was a sex addict. The counselor on Maury's staff, volunteered to find him a therapy group for sex addicts in our area. And they convinced Ellie that for the good of their children, who needed a father in their life that she should give him one more chance. It took a few days, but they also got Sallie to forgive Ellie who was miserable. Of course I didn't find this out for about a week, and to be honest, I didn't care.

As soon as I got home, I called a lawyer and started divorce proceedings. It wasn't easy, and I cried a lot but I did it. Fortunately we live in a no-fault state so it wasn't necessary to prove anything. If necessary I had a tape of the show though, which would serve as great evidence of both her infidelity, and my subsequent humiliation on National TV. Since I wanted the divorce to be quick, I agreed to a 50/50 split of all of our assets, right down the middle. The only deviation was that she got the house, and gave up any right to my future earnings or retirement package. It should be a slam dunk. I had my lawyer get an officer of the court to serve her the divorce papers at the airport.

Out of the same type of bizarre morbid curiosity that makes people gawk at car crashes, motorcycle daredevils, and NASCAR, I made sure I was watching from a distance when she was served the papers. My lawyer was standing next to me and both of us were shocked as my previously subdued, sub 100 lb soon to be ex wife ripped the papers to shreds, and started to try and kick the document server's ass. She just became unglued and they had to call security. My lawyer and I slipped out of the airport, and went back to his office for a meeting. "That bitch is crazy," he told me. "Perhaps I'd better get you a personal protection order or a restraining order."

"Don't worry about it," I said. "I've moved into a hotel temporarily, and I'm looking for a new house or a condo in a different suburb."

"Yeah, but you still work at the same place. And you drive that nearly neon white Mustang. You won't be hard to find," he said shaking his head.

So I took a couple of weeks of vacation time, but there was no way I'd give up my car. I used the time to find a new house. It wasn't quite as nice as the old one, but I had too many memories of Ellie in that house to ever go back there.

When I went back to work, Ellie was there in the parking lot waiting for me. "Ted, I'm sorry. Please forgive me," she said. "You have to come home. I don't think I can live without you."

I walked right by her.

"Ted, at least talk to me. I swear it'll never happen again. I love you. I always have. I don't give a half a dam about Billy," she cried. "He isn't worth shit to me."

Suddenly I couldn't take it. I turned and snapped at her. "Don't say that because you know it isn't true. Billy must be worth a fuck of a lot to you because he was worth more than me, all the love I had for you, our marriage, our life together, the kids we could have had and our future. So maybe you should go back and fuck him a few more times to get full value for what you gave up. Don't come back here again Ellie. I don't ever want to see you again. If you have anything you need to say to me say it through my lawyer."

"Ted, Sallie forgave Billy. Do you remember when you and she were talking in our hotel room and you thought I was asleep? She told you then that she and Billy don't love each other nearly as much as we love each other. If she can forgive him, and he cheated on her a lot more times and with a lot more people than I did on you. Why can't you forgive me, this one time? I swear to you it will never happen again. I'll get down on my knees and beg you right now if I need to. You can't just throw away 5 years of happiness, just like that."

"Okay Ellie," I said. "Get down on your knees."

She bent down in front of me, and people started watching us.

"Please take me back, Ted. Don't divorce me. I love you." she said.

"No," I said and went into the building. I stayed and worked a little later than normal that evening. I was still wary as I left the building. As I approached my Mustang I noticed an old pick-up truck parked right beside it. I looked around for Ellie and saw Sallie sitting in the truck.

"Ted, I know she hurt you bad," she began. "No one knows how badly that hurts any more than I do. Billy has done this to me more than once. And I swear that he knows this time will be the last time I take him back. My kids will be better off without a father, than with one who cheats, and has other kids with other women in our own neighborhood. Especially, one who can't seem to find a job anywhere, or doing anything. But be that as it may, as hurt as I was, I still took him back because in his own way, I know he loves me. It may not be as intense and fairytale-like as what you and my sister have, but love in any way shape or form is so rare, that it has value. He may not be the best man in town or even in my trailer park, but he's mine. When I think about all of the people who are out there alone, who'd die to have someone in their life, it makes forgiving him one more time a little easier. People are not perfect Ted. We're all subject to lapses in judgment, and mistakes and just plain, ass brained fuck ups. But when you truly love someone, you have to overlook those human failings every once in a while."

"Less than a month ago, I was sure that you'd be willing to sell your soul for my baby sister, I have trouble believing that you could turn all of that off this quickly. What about all of the time you two have invested in this marriage? Was all of that wasted? What about for better or for worse, till death do us part? I don't want to take up all of your time here, but there are 3 more things I'd like you to think about. First off, that girl loves you like there's no tomorrow, and right now she is hurting bad. She knows she messed up and it's going to take some time for the two of you to get back to where you were, but she wants that more than anything else in the world. Because whether you know it or not you are her world. Second, it's not like she was really having an affair, this is Billy we're talking about. He'll screw anything that's not nailed down. She isn't trying to replace you or fall in love with anyone else. She doesn't love Billy, it was just sex. Just something to do while you were away from her, it didn't mean anything to either one of them. Hell, I had to forgive both of them. You only have to forgive Ellie. And the last thing I have to say is no matter what you decide to do please just talk to her. She knows she hurt you and it's killing her. That girl thinks the sun rises and sets around you, and she hurt you. It might not even mean anything to you, but at least give her the chance to apologize. And to tell you the truth Ted, I think it would do you a world of good yourself, because you don't look like you're all that happy either."

Then she hugged me and got back in her truck and drove away. That night I thought about everything that had happened in my life since I met Ellie. I thought about how much I loved her, and how happy we'd been all the way until I found out about what she'd been doing. I really had been happy. I realized that I still didn't know the how or the why of what she'd done. If I had no intention of going back to her, those things didn't matter. But f there was even a tiny chance that we could save our marriage, those things became important.

The next morning I called Sallie. Billy answered the phone and as soon as I heard his voice, I hung up. Less than 2 minutes later, my phone rang.

"Honey, were you calling to talk to me?" asked Ellie excitedly.

"Well I w..." I began.

"Yes!" she snapped cutting me off.

"Yes what?" I asked.

"Whatever it takes to get us back together, I'll do," she said. "I know I messed up badly, and I swear I'll never do it again. But I'll do or say anything I have to, if it'll get you to give me another chance."

"What I was about to say was that I wanted to speak to Sallie," I said.

"Oh," she answered. Her mood had clearly deflated when she found out I wasn't calling to talk to her.

"Ted, did I ever just come out and tell you that I'm really sorry? Or that I miss you so much I can't stand it. Did you know that I feel empty, like there's just a hole inside of me," she said quietly.

"I'm sure Billy can find something to fill it with," I said coldly. "Look I really didn't call to talk to you. Why aren't you at your house anyway? Can I just speak to Sallie?"

"Sallie isn't here she had to go to the school to talk to one of the kids' teachers. And when you say my house, if you mean our house, it just isn't a home without you in it. I can't stand being there and feeling like you should be there with me. Why do you need to talk to my sister anyway?"

"Maybe I don't need to anymore. Ellie, I actually wanted to talk to her about what she said last night. It suddenly dawned on me that I didn't know why you fucked Billy, and or if there'd been anyone else. I also wanted to ask her how she'd managed to forgive that worthless asshole time after time, because I kind of wanted to think about talking to you again, But if you were truly upset about what you did, you wouldn't be there alone in that house, with that asshole right now would you? There's no hope for us Ellie, I see that now just sign the papers and let's move on."

There was a big clunk followed by the sounds of Ellie screaming and crying and I just hung up. Sallie called me about an hour later. Her voice was very tense, and I could tell she was angry. "Ted, why'd you call her, just to torture her," she asked. "I know she hurt you. But I thought you were the mature one here. She's worse now than she was before you spoke to her. I had to give her something to put her to sleep."

"Sallie, I didn't call her. I called to speak to you. Billy answered the phone, so I hung up. Ellie called me back a couple of minutes later and I told her I only wanted to speak to you. I wasn't ready to speak to her yet, but until she started talking I was starting to think that maybe there was a chance," I spoke slowly and with an even tone in my voice, hoping to calm Sallie down.

"Sallie what time do you have to pick the kids up from school?" I asked.

StangStar06
StangStar06
5,845 Followers