The Medical Murder Mystery Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Captain Charles and I had expected a few hundred people might show up, and we had some police presence and crowd control. We found out that we had underestimated our Town and County in their love for the retiring public service officers: thousands of people lined the route of the parade, cheering and clapping. They were an orderly bunch, so we had no problems. Chief Gillem and Chief Griswold both would remark later that they were very touched by the sheer numbers of people that came out for their farewell parade.

The parade was the kick-off to the inauguration and installation of the Town & County Council and the new Sheriff, Daniel Allgood, which would happen at noon. The Mayor would be sworn in by Pastor Raymond Westboro of the First Baptist Church (who was also a Town & County Councilman), then the Mayor would swear in the rest of the Council and the other elected personnel, each of whom would make speeches, which would mean at least an hour before Daniel was sworn in.

Laura and I were expected to be on the stage in front of City Hall for the proceedings. Laura's sister Melina, who was also the lovely Mrs. Daniel Allgood, was sitting with Laura. As I helped the Mayor get ready to begin the proceedings and people began taking their seats on the benches in the Square, facing City Hall, I made a couple of observations, one being that Melina looked very uncomfortable, to the point of medical distress.

"Mr. Mayor," I quietly said, "I need to suggest that we swear in the Sheriff before the Council today."

"But why?" asked Mayor Lawrence P. Vaughan, the People's Choice, a veteran mayor and politician.

"Because if I'm right, sir," I said, "the Sheriff is going to have a much bigger event to deal with, and soon." I explained my observations to the Mayor.

"Now I can see why Griswold believes in you so much." said the Mayor, grinning. "I'll go tell the Council of the change. You get to tell Allgood."

Just as the ceremony was about to begin, I found Daniel, who was just coming up on stage. He was wearing a formal Sheriff uniform of dark brown jacket with a single gold star on the epaulette of each shoulder, light brown pants and shirt and tie (with a gold star on the shirt's epaulettes, not visible while wearing the jacket), and a uniform Sheriff Department hat... and this would be the last time I saw him in that hat, but I digress...

His badge was over the left pocket of the jacket. As an elected official, the wreath around his badge's gold star was silver instead of gold (as mine and other Public Service officials were all gold), making his badge two-tone. He also wore his police medal ribbons over his right jacket pocket, as he was entitled to do.

I told Daniel that he would be sworn in first, after the Mayor, and to get ready for an even bigger event. He looked at me funny as he went to sit by Melina.

As Pastor Westboro swore in the Mayor, I noted that Melina suddenly looked between her legs with a shocked look on her face. She looked at Laura, who just nodded, then turned to Daniel and whispered "My water just broke." Daniel's countenance also became one of shock, and I managed not to laugh as he was called to the podium to take the oath of office.

Once his oath was administered, he was invited to make his speech. It might have been the most stunning speech ever delivered for the occasion... and 'delivered' was the operative term. No one really noticed Melina and Laura get up and head off the podium behind the group sitting on stage, which included a very confused Council.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Daniel said, "it is an honor to be entrusted by the voters with this position, and I will serve in it to the best of my ability. This is a wonderful event, but I must now tell you that I am about to an experience an even greater event. I must now leave you to take my wife to the hospital for the delivery of our baby. Thank you very much." Daniel quickly shook the Mayor's hand, then darted off the stage, with me escorting him, and into the waiting police car which already contained Laura and Melina. They sped off to University Hospital. People in the audience began chattering, and some clapped, but most were confused.

"Well," said the Mayor, "this is wonderful news for the Allgood family, and we'll just have to carry on here without him. But let's give our new Sheriff a big hand." Everyone clapped loudly now that someone had taken leadership and begun giving them a script to follow again. Sheeple, I thought to myself, none to kindly. I took the opportunity to slip away myself.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

At 2:30pm Melina delivered a New Years Day baby, a boy. He was named Daniel Preston Allgood, and he looked just like his daddy... a 'Clark Kent' ready to change into 'Superman'... and his little lungs had a 'Superman' quality as his first cry was long and loud... music to a new parent's ears. Daniel was almost overcome as he held his son for the first time, and then Melina was crying tears of happiness as she cradled her new baby.

"She certainly seems happy with the new baby." I said quietly to Laura. "Think she'll react as she did when Todd's baby was born?"

"I'm a lot more optimistic about this one." Laura said. "Melina has been happy, her breasts are producing milk, and she shows every sign of being a healthy, happy mother. Little Doug came at a rather, shall we say, 'crossroads' time for her, and I'm happy for everyone that Todd and Jeanine are keeping him and raising him. And I think Melina won't reject baby Danny, and they will be a very happy family."

Chief Griswold and his wife came by a couple of hours later, followed closely by my mother Phyllis. Griswold remarked that Melina seemed happier than he'd ever seen her before, and my mom agreed. When I looked in on them before leaving the hospital, I also observed Melina's happiness, and I was glad to see it.

"Don, I just have one question." Daniel said. "Melina said she never mentioned to you that she thought she was about to go into labor, and she said you and Laura never had a chance to talk after she told her. Yet you knew enough to have the mayor change our schedules..."

Chief Griswold overheard that. "Daniel, now that you're this man's boss, get used to that. And learn to keep your mouth shut and trust the man, no matter what wild-ass shit comes out of his mouth. If you think seeing your wife going into labor is something, as the saying goes: you ain't seen nuthin' yet..." I just smiled and Daniel laughed.

"I just think you have a smart kid, Sheriff." I said. "He didn't want to listen to all those Council speeches, and he found a way to get out of having to sit there for them." We all laughed at that one.

Part 3 - Political Scene

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" yelled the lovely redhead, older than Audrey Nethers but still very attractive as she stood in front of City Hall at 7:00am on January 2nd. "The inauguration of our new Sheriff, Daniel Allgood, took an unexpected turn as his wife Melina went into labor as the swearing-in was taking place! Channel Two News has learned and is pleased to report that Mrs. Allgood gave birth to a healthy baby boy later that afternoon!"

"I'm happy that Melina and the baby are healthy and all went well," said Tanya Perlman as we watched, "but that was funny as hell that the Sheriff had to leave immediately like that, and just announced it for his speech. So starts the new era of Town & County Law Enforcement, yes?"

"Yep." I said. "But enjoy today. There's a new Sheriff in town, starting Monday, and I'm expecting some volatility to come in with him."

"As long as he doesn't fire you and try to send me back to the Crime Lab." said Tanya. "But what do you know that we don't know?"

"I said 'volatility', not 'crash and burn'." I said. "And I don't know anything, but I have my suspicions that Sheriff Allgood wants to get the leadership structure of this Police Force settled as soon as possible." Tanya did not look rosy and happy at that... and I did not tell her that she had every right to be nervous.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

At the State Capitol building in Midtown, Katherine Woodburn went into the State Senate chamber with the other Senators for her swearing-in. She was wearing a gray and greenish plaid jacket and skirt, a black mock-T sweater, black stocking and high heel matte black pumps. She was an attractive woman with dirty blonde hair, large breasts and shapely legs. She exercised regularly and she was fit; she had not lost her physical fitness from her days as a media mogul. She was definitely a hot MILF and would've been a lusciously hot trophy wife. But she had chosen another path.

She took her oath of office along with the other Senators. After that there was congratulations, then perfunctory votes of attendance and clerical matters. Then everyone headed to the House Chamber to hear the Governor's State of the State speech, which was basically a traditional first-day welcoming speech without much substance. That would come later.

Pictures, pictures, and more pictures... God damn! how many photographs could possibly be taken? she thought. Then she was given the keys to her new office in the Senate Office Building across the street from the Capitol Building, and was given three hours to settle her staff into it.

She had a woman as her personal administrative assistant, her secretary, and as her staff personal assistant she had a young man. He was 23, extremely fit, broad shouldered, tall and muscular. He had thick black hair and wore black-framed glasses, and all the women gave him a second look as he passed by. He also had another attribute that made him very valuable to Katherine Woodburn: he had a thick, eight inch long cock, and he used it expertly to bring Katherine tremendous pleasure and intense orgasms.

State Senators were assigned little apartments. They were more like efficiency hotel rooms, but they were serviceable for staying in when a Senator had to stay in Midtown. Katherine and her assistant Clark had broken in the apartment's bedroom for hours the night before, and she was still pleasantly remembering the hours they had spent copulating and sharing hot sexual pleasures.

"Okay, Clark." she said to him as she sat behind her new office's solid mahogany desk for the first time. "We're in. Wanna break in this desk?"

Clark came around as Katherine got up and sat down on the edge of the desk. The young stud stepped between her legs as she fished his hardening cock out of his pants. He eased her panties aside and fit the head of his meat into her labes, then pushed forward. Katherine moaned as she was impaled on his member, then groaned as he began harshly pumping in and out of her.

As the couple rutted lustily, the phone buzzed.

"What is it?" Katherine asked into it as Clark continued to plow her wet furrow.

"Senator, I have Senator Cerone and Senator Langdon here to see you."

"Okay, just a second." Katherine said as Clark slid his cock out of her pussy. "Sorry, stud, I'll make it up to you and drain your blue balls later." she said as her young paramour put his weapon of sexual destruction back in his pants. Katherine straightened up and then sprayed Febreeze everywhere to take out the smell of the raunchy sex that had been taking place.

She then had the Senators admitted. Senator Jimmy 'Coffin' Cerone strode in, followed by Senator Richard Langdon. "We just wanted to congratulate you, Senator Woodburn." said Senator Cerone in his pleasant voice that belied his rough-and-tough exterior look.

"Indeed." said Senator Langdon, whose harsh voice also belied his professorial look. "We think you're going to make a fine successor to Senator Allen."

"Gentlemen," Katherine said, "I appreciate you coming her and your congratulations, but I have to say that I am not here to succeed Nathan Allen in any way.. nor do I think you really want me to."

"Har har." Senator Cerone laughed, sitting down in a chair at Katherine's bidding as she seated herself behind her desk. "You're right about that. Nobody was mourning the loss of Allen. But we do think... and hope... that you're going to be a team player like Allen was for most of his career."

"Of course." said Katherine. "And I'm ready to support the Party, as well. Of course I'll give you the boilerplate about supporting my constituent groups, and all that. But just remember this, gentlemen: I was playing this game as part of the Media for a long time, and I am not a 'virginal' freshman Senator like some of those others. I know how to play the game, and I am ready to play it with you... but on my terms, of course, just as you'll play on your terms."

Langdon seemed to frown at that, but 'Coffin' Cerone gave a surprisingly pleasant smile as he said "I think things are going to work out very very well for us with you as part of our team, Senator. Our first fight is going to be the SBI battle. We are really going to be counting on your support for this."

"Yes, I am definitely on your side on that one." said Woodburn. "Especially if I get what I want: the destruction of the Iron Crowbar up in my home County."

"Oh that's coming, that's coming." said Langdon. "But everything in due course, and in it's due time."

"What that means, Senator," said Cerone, taking a more conciliatory approach, "is that we have to be patient, to pick and choose our spots and our battles. Right now, the SBI battle is on front burner. But if things go as we expect, things will not be going well at all for your Iron Crowbar in the next few months."

"Look," said Langdon, "I'm going to cut to the chase here. As you know, we have a friend, a good friend, up in your County. If we need a mountain moved, our friend can do it. Our friend expects that things might come to a head between the Iron Crowbar and our friend's top associate, Henry Wargrave, by the end of the summer. If we're patient and don't step on the wrong toes, things will go exceedingly well for us."

"I agree, Senator." said Woodburn. Just then the office intercom buzzed.

"Senator," said the assistant, "US Congressman Condor is here."

"He's here to take us all to a late lunch or early dinner and discuss things." said Cerone...

Part 4 - Making A Scene

"This is just awesome." said Jenna Stiles, looking around the new restaurant. It was Opening Night, Friday January 2nd. "How did you get a reservation? Perks of being a police officer?"

"Yes and no." said Cindy Ross, her eyes glowing as she looked at her lover. "What happened was that Santo Veccio lost his restaurant to that arson fire some months ago, and the Insurance Company was trying not to pay him. Commander Troy had a few words with the Insurance Company... I understand it was a one-way conversation, and the kind that none of us want to have with the Iron Crowbar... and the Insurance Company coughed up the money. Santo wanted to do a high-end restaurant instead of what he had before, so he opened this place."

It was a new Italian restaurant just south of the Courthouse Square, and the buzz about it created by socialite columnist Elsie Gringer had people begging to get reservations before the restaurant even opened. Santo had then declared that a raffle would be used to gain opening night reservations, with the money collected going to charity. It had been enormously successful.

But Santo had shown gratitude to the Police Commander, and some reservations had gone to some of the Commander's Detectives, as well as some Fire Department people. And Cindy had brought Jenna as her date. The auburn-haired ADA was looking hot in a red dress with black outlines and accessories, including her black sheer stockings with a flower pattern on them, and black high heel pumps. For herself, Cindy was wearing a dark gold dress that, when contrasted with Cindy's platinum blonde hair, looked almost greenish in hue. And Cindy was wearing high heel sandals that really made her shapely legs, feet and ass look especially hot.

"You keep looking at me that way," Jenna said, "and people are going to begin thinking that we are dating."

"Let them." Cindy replied, her eyes twinkling. As they ate, they talked of various things, including family.

"This really is delicious food." Cindy noted as she consumed her pasta dish. She then said "Don is going to have to go to Midtown fairly often while this SBI legislation battle is going on. He's been asked to work with the Governor's staff to craft the Governor's input into it. The good part of that is that Don will get to see Molly and Ross a lot more, and maybe my sister will be pregnant again by the time this is all over."

"Are you good with that?" Jenna asked, her voice sounding skeptical.

"Sure." said Cindy. "It would be great to have another nephew. Molly wants another child, Don wants to impregnate her more than he'll admit- so says his mother, who I think secretly wants even more grandchildren- and so we'll see what happens."

The waiter brought their after-dinner desserts and an Amaretto-based drink to go with it, causing their conversation to pause.

"I see." said Jenna, once they were alone again. "I... I guess my question is how they're accepting a married man impregnating a woman who is not his wife. They're good with it, his wife apparently is okay with it, you seem to be okay with it..."

"Well, it's none of my business." Cindy replied. "Except I like having a nephew, and a second nephew or niece would be great. And I know what you mean about the inter-relationships, but Don and Laura are becoming serious players in the Swinging scene in this County. And he'll be a great daddy for my sister's children, so I'm good with all of it."

"So, what are you and I going to do about children?" Jenna asked, then stopped, as if realizing she'd stepped much farther than she intended. Cindy had a look of surprise on her face.

"I... I haven't really thought about that." the ruggedly lovely platinum blonde said. "I... didn't realize we were that far along yet." She did not observe Jenna reaching into her coat pocket.

"Well," Jenna said, "I think we are and we should talk about it- what the heck?" Shouting was coming from the back area leading to the restrooms.

"Trouble." Cindy said, hearing the commotion. "Back me up." Propelled by the leadership and action-taking that was ingrained in her being, Cindy quickly walked to the back, near the restroom doors. A redheaded man in his late 30s or early 40s was holding an older man by the collars of his shirt, almost choking him. The man being held was taller, had thin hair on top, gray hair on the sides that was mussed up, thin wire glasses and a long nose. He looked like a professor.

"I said 'What the hell are you doing grabbing my wife, asshole?' Answer the question, God damn you!" yelled the red haired man, his face beet red with furious anger. The other man was trying to get out of the red-haired man's grip, saying "Let me go!"

"All right, let him go." Cindy said, walking up to them.

"Stay out of this, lady." snarled the red-haired man. "This is none of your business." Suddenly, he was looking at the Town & County Police badge that was within inches of his eyes, between the men's faces.

"Oh, it is my business, especially the parts called 'disturbing the peace' and 'assault and battery'." Cindy cooly replied. The red haired man let go. Jenna also had her ADA badge out, which looked like a police badge except it had a Department of Justice seal in the middle and 'Asst. District Attorney' on the top part of the wreath. The men looked confused, but Cindy rapidly took charge.

"I am Lieutenant Ross of the Town & County Police Department. Let me see your licenses, please." Cindy said. The men began to say it was nothing, but Cindy stopped them. "Lice-en-sessss, gentlemen. Now. Or we can do this at the Station with you both under arrest." IDs were produced.