The Microbrew Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
NymphWriter
NymphWriter
764 Followers

Dax, Kizzy, and Zyana stepped in and greeted us. Then I heard Kizzy say, "What's wrong with your arm Phoebe?"

I looked over at my right arm and saw the finger bruises from where Uri had grabbed me. Luna handed Dax, Kizzy, and Zyana the warm drink that reminded me of creamy hot chocolate mixed with fine coffee.

"Oh," I said, as casually as I could, "I guess that happened when Uri grabbed my arm."

Uri and Zylen came back and joined us as Luna refilled my cup. "What happened when I grabbed your arm?" asked Uri.

"This bruise on my arm," I said, showing him and Zylen my bruised arm.

"Oh Phoebe!" exclaimed Uri. "I had no idea."

"It's fine," I said. "It probably happened when we connected. I doubt you did it on purpose."

"I'll take care of it Father," said Zylen. "After all, it's what I do best."

Zylen wrapped his hands around my arm as Luna handed Uri a cup of the warm drink. I felt the warmth of Zylen's healing power throughout my entire body, but specifically in my arm. All too soon he released my bruise-free arm, and sat down next to me. Luna handed him the drink and smiled saying, "I doubt Phoebe would say your healing powers are what you do best."

I started to giggle, then laugh. Soon, we were all laughing. We ate breakfast then Uri stole Zylen and Dax for the day, leaving me to get to know Luna and Kizzy a bit better. Zyana stayed with me, whispering in my ear she was acting as my body guard. Personally, I think she didn't want to hear what all Uri had to say to the boys.

Luna taught me how to fix some of Zylen's favorite meals. Everyone shared with stories of the family. Later I met some of Luna's friends where she bragged to them about my being the mate of her youngest child. Not a single creature I met was even close to my height. Some touched my hair, or made comments about my not being pregnant, but Luna assured them it would happen soon and that Zylen would make an amazing father. That was one thing Luna and I completely agreed on.

We all stayed with his parents another day, then Zylen took us to our new home. Turns out it was the apartment Vlad took me to after my release from jail, or whatever they call it here. We shared the place with Zyana, and talked about how after this next mission we would need to acquire a new place just for us, especially if we wish to grow our family. We weren't there long before we received word that Vlad was getting ready for another mission. Part of the requirement was a full physical for everyone, including me.

It was on the third or fourth day of physicals, that I got the news that explained everything weird that had happened to me. Because I was Zylen's mate, I was required to see Rhys to prevent my passing my physical when I shouldn't. Vlad said he would do this with any crew member and I wasn't surprised. I begged Rhys to let me tell Zylen what we learned, and he agreed.

I knew we were going to have dinner at his parents' house that night so I kept my newly learned information to myself. The hard part was not letting Zyana touch me. Just keeping it from Zylen was hard enough, but since he was tied up with physicals, it wasn't that difficult and mine was Rhys's last one for the day.

That night at dinner, Uri asked Zylen, "When are you kids scheduled to leave?"

"Not sure," he said. "There have been some delays already. I can't get any answers but the rumor is a few key crew members have failed their physicals. What's weird is none of the crew I've seen have been the failures. I think Rhys is being a bit too strict. I'll probably have to talk with Vlad again."

I bit my lower lip. I was one of those failures Rhys had, and knew neither my status nor Rhys's decision about my failure was going to change any time soon.

"And what have you heard Zyana?" asked Dax.

"It's odd. We have mostly the same crew and they all knew this trip was coming. Now I know two of our engineers have a mate with child, but that was learned after we left so we knew we were losing them. I only see crew members who have passed so I don't know who has failed yet. Zy and Rhys take so dang long it's about a day or two later before I see them."

"That's too bad," said Kizzy. "My fuel was to be tested on this journey."

Now I wanted to cry. I knew I was grounded, but if Zylen and Zyana wanted to go without me to test Kizzy's fuel that was to be tested, it was fine with me. Like before, Luna's meal was perfect, but this time I picked at my food as everyone talked. My stomach clenched at the thought of what my news might bring. I stared to think I had made a mistake about not telling Zylen sooner.

"Phoebe," said Luna, snapping me out of my thoughts, "is the food not to your liking?"

I shook my head. "It's not that."

"What is it child?" asked Luna. I could hear the concern in her voice. "Are you not well?"

"I'm one of the grounded crew members," I said.

"What?" exclaimed Zylen.

"Why?" asked Zyana.

I swallowed hard, took a deep breath, and said softly, "Because... I... I'm... I'm pregnant."

The silence was deafening. I began to tremble. Tears escaped my eyes. Why wasn't anyone happy? Isn't this what we wanted? Isn't this what everyone wanted? I hung my head and felt hot tears roll down my cheeks. Then I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders.

"Say that again, please?" asked Zylen.

I choked back a sob and whispered, "I'm... pregnant."

I felt his hands grab my face, turning it toward him. The smile I was greeted with was huge. Tears filled his green eyes.

"Really?" he asked.

I nodded. "I found out at my physical. It's why I failed. I begged Rhys to not tell you."

Zylen's eyes soften and glowed. There was a joy in them that I didn't even see on our wedding day. Then he asked, "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I really wasn't able. You were doing physicals all day, I was Rhys's last one, and then it was straight here. I haven't had a moment alone with you. Plus, I wanted to surprise you and I knew we were coming here tonight so I thought... save some time and tell you all."

Zylen kissed me so hard that any doubt I might have been feeling was gone. "She's with child!" he exclaimed.

That's when I heard the cheers from the table. Everyone hugged me and Zylen, and kissed my cheeks. I couldn't hold back my tears, nor did I try. Luna wept. Uri pulled Zylen aside and had a few words with him. Kizzy and Zyana teased me about their envy at my being the first to bring the next generation into the family. Dax said he couldn't wait to tell his friends. Zyana told me later it was probably the reason when Uri had touched me I reacted the way I did. I was sharing the baby's ability to connect mentally.

Zylen and I were joined in an amazing marriage ceremony. Uri and Luna spared no expense, and I swear half the planet was there. We invited the entire ship's crew, plus all their family and friends. I wore a fine gown that shined like gold, felt like silk, and flowed like water. Over my left breast, near my heart, I wore the Culus broach Zylen had given me when we were still on the ship. Zylen wore his dress uniform, and looked so amazingly handsome.

Like on Earth, we exchanged vows and ate fine foods. For me, the hardest part was the mind connection Zylen had to perform on me. Thanks to Zyana, and our baby, it went without a hitch. The whole day was overwhelming to say the least, but memorable. Plus, we had video to share with my parents and our child.

We contacted my parents a few days later and share the good news with them. They were so excited and we promised that once the baby was old enough to travel we'd come out for a visit. We sent them a copy of the video for them to watch later. I was assigned a new doctor, like an OB/GYN who will follow my pregnancy. Happily, this new doctor is a woman who's worked secretly with other "aliens" like myself in such situations. Besides, Vlad needed Rhys since he was losing Zylen.

Zyana decided to join the crew because she wanted to see Kizzy's fuel tested. Zylen stayed behind with me. He said there was no way he was missing any part of my pregnancy, even if it meant he missed seeing his sister's fuel tested. Zylen and I figured our success had to do with our lunch date as it was the best sex we had enjoyed. Plus, it was near the window when Rhys said I was ovulating. Rhys said it was possible he miscalculated my ovulation window, and knew that we would be fine.

Oh yeah, one last thing. We just found out that Rhys was wrong. I wasn't with child, but with children. Yeah... it seems that Zylen and I are continuing the family tradition; I'm pregnant with twins. I can't wait to tell his family when we meet for dinner next.

NymphWriter
NymphWriter
764 Followers