The Midnight Maiden Ch. 06

Story Info
Chapter 6: A Kiss and a Dance.
1.4k words
4.68
9k
2

Part 7 of the 14 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 12/16/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Ahlissan Chronicles

~ Book 1 ~

The Midnight Maiden

Chapter 6: A Kiss and a Dance

The three men spent the evening eating in the common room as Barnard and Astinos peppered Brion with more questions about his meeting with William. The two also regaled him with tales of their own dalliances with the fairer sex, Brion's father even related a few stories about when he had courted Brion's mother Ahlissa. After dinner they discussed the treaty talks over several mugs of the honeyed ale that they had all come to appreciate. When the evening was still early Brion excused himself from the discussion with very little jeering from the other two and went to bed.

At half till darkwatch Lord Brion awoke, rising from his bed, he dressed and splashed some water on his face from the basin on the dressing table in his room. Opening the door to the common room he saw that both his father and Astinos had retired for the night. Smiling to himself he noticed that the two had managed to drain the small cask of ale. 'I hope the Earl's wine cellar doesn't run dry from these two.' he thought as he made his way down the stairs and out to the garden. He walked through the trees and was greeted by the sight of Lady Eryca once again leaning on the honeysuckle covered stone that had become their meeting place. Again she was barefoot wearing a gauzy crimson gown trimmed in gold, there was a light breeze and the gown seemed to float around her like a cloud of fire.

"Good evening my Lord, I see that you are as prompt as ever." Eryca said while looking up at the stars. Brion swore that he would find out how she always knew he was approaching when he had made no sound to signal his arrival.

"Good evening to you my Lady, you are as all-seeing as ever." He laughed commenting on her uncanny ability. Brion walked up to her and gently took both of her hands in his, as Brion stepped in close to Eryca she looked into his eyes.

"I see many things my Lord, things that have been, are now and may or may not come to pass."

"Well then I hope this comes as a pleasant surprise my Lady." As he spoke Lord Brion knelt before Lady Eryca and looked up into her green eyes. "This morning your grandfather gave me his blessing when I asked for permission to court you. Now I am humbly asking if you, Lady Tandris will accept me as a suitor for your hand."

Eryca smiled as she looked down into Brion's steel blue eyes. "My Lord Grenwall how could I refuse such a humble request. Yes, I accept you as my suitor my Lord, please rise."

At her request Brion rose to his feet and stepped even closer to Eryca. He placed his left arm around her, raising his right hand Brion causally brushed a loose strand of red behind Eryca's ear. Brion looked down into Eryca's eyes and saw their hue shift between various light and dark shades of green.

"If my Lady would allow me to seal our commitment with a kiss?" without waiting for her reply Brion gently placed his right hand on her cheek and brought her lips to his. As soon as Brion kissed Eryca he felt that, now all too familiar, tremor in the core of his soul. Brion felt both weightless and anchored to Eryca as her arms encircled his neck, he felt her lips part at the gentle probing of his tongue and soon they were locked in a timeless embrace. As they kissed Brion could feel his desire for her turn to need, his need to have her near him at all times, his need to always be able to kiss her like this, his need to protect and defend her. All too soon it seemed Brion broke their kiss and looked down into Eryca's eyes, she smiled up at him.

"My Lord you take such liberties with me, what if someone saw?" She asked with her impish grin.

"I'm sorry my Lady but it was a risk that I was willing to take." He said returning her mischievous gaze.

"Well then" she said her emerald eyes flashing "let me be as equally bold and say that I am glad you did." With that she nimbly spun from his grasp, laughing as she did so. "Now my Lord since you gifted me with a kiss please allow me to gift you with a dance, just for you."

With that Eryca muttered a few words in the elegant flowing language of magik and cast a simple cantrip. Brion listened as soft music filled the glade, it was a haunting melody and though it was foreign to his ears he could tell that it was native to her land. Brion then sat in his customary spot as he watched Eryca dance just for him. He was enchanted by her movements so smooth they were, Eryca would look and smile at Brion occasionally her eyes beckoning to him. Brion sat there for how long he did not know, the stars and moons passed overhead in their nightly journey across the sky but their beauty and majesty were as nothing when compared to the beautiful seraph dancing before him now.

As he watched Eryca dance Brion's mind was assaulted once more with a wave of memories. He closed his eyes and as before he saw blurry visions of the frozen peak and the golden warrior. This time though the memories were accompanied by a whispered voice its words all most too faint to hear. "One has been born...she will be the vessel...." Brion opened his eyes and tried to make sense of what had just been revealed to him.

All too soon Eryca slowed and the music seemed to grow quieter as if it was in time to her movements. When Eryca had finished she curtsied and Brion stood and walked over to her. Eryca looked up from her curtsey and Brion gathered her up in his arms holding her close. He could feel the rise and fall of her breasts against him as she tried to calm her labored breathing. The scent of lavender and honeysuckle clung to her and made him heady with desire. As Brion looked down at Eryca he felt an overwhelming desire to hold her forever and keep her safe and protected in his arms. He lowered his head and touched his lips to her forehead, kissing her with sincere affection. Eryca smiled as she looked up into his eyes.

"It is late my Lord, the Handmaiden has reached her zenith and I am sure that we both have our share of official duties tomorrow." He looked down into her light green eyes and saw the night sky reflected in them, she was indeed correct that it was late in the night.

"I fear that you are right my Lady but might I implore you to have dinner with me tomorrow night?"

"I would enjoy that very much Lord Brion. I will send a page tomorrow to summon you to a private dinner. Until then..." With that she placed a delicate hand on the back of his head and pulled him down into a fiery kiss. The touch of Eryca's lips to his and that she had kissed him enflamed his passions and he felt it hard to release her even when he felt her pull against his grasp.

She backed away from him the breeze blowing the skirt of her dress about her. "Until tomorrow night" she said as she disappeared into the trees.

Brion watched her leave but lingered in the glade contemplating the events and memories of the past few hours. He closed his eyes and tried to remember every detail of this new vision. Rather than answering his questions, this new element the voice, only raised new ones. Was this the natural progression of things or was Eryca's presence forcing the pieces into motion? He whispered the words out loud to himself.

"One has been born...she will be the vessel...." A vessel the voice had said an avatar perhaps? An avatar was someone who could act on the behalf of others. He was not the vessel, the voice had said 'she', was Eryca this vessel, this avatar and if she was, where did he fit in to it all? Perplexed by this new revelation Brion ran his hands over his face and through the graying goatee on his chin. Sleep he decided was the best course for now he could think more on it later.