The Midnight Sex Case

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh sure, the research is going well. I will have a full account of all the requirements within the next day or two. Some of the more obscure ritual stuff requires follow up." Her voice, a bit more husky than usual, conveyed the same deep satisfaction her body exuded.

I was starting to feel a bit jealous. "You met with the client?"

"Oh yes, I met with Ms. Alpanu. She is...really unbelievable."

"And?"

"And she's going to return today. She, uh, helped me to understand so much more, but she said it was imperative to speak to you, Mr. Witnauer."

"When?"

"She should be here any moment, I guess."

I glanced at my watch. The firm would normally be closing the doors to the public in a few minutes. "Well, if she really wants to bust in here, I won't stop her. You two go back to it. We'll pick it up in the morning."

They nodded and rose. Just as they reached the door, I could not help asking, "Hey Natalie, you ok?"

"Oh, I am just great...really."

The way she said this scared me a little.

I did not have to wait long for the client. She entered magnificently, wearing a white leather dress with ample lace cut outs designed to stun. The lace provided such negligible cover, very little imagination was required to verify that her nipples were exquisite. Difficult to say how she got away with such things in broad daylight, she just had that much confidence, I suppose. The overall effect was impossible to dismiss.

"I hope you were not avoiding me today, Mr. Witnauer," she said as she took a seat.

"I was in court. That's what I do for a living."

"Mmmm, I like that thought."

"So, before we start, I have to ask, what did you do to my associate?"

"You offered me a nice little appetizer. Was I supposed to refuse it?"

"She is an associate with this firm, not a plaything."

"Don't be annoyed. She will be much happier now. I merely liberated a few natural impulses. It was fun for both of us."

"Look, if I am going to be on retainer with you, no more dabbling with the staff, no more liberating impulses, natural or not. Agreed?"

"That is a very tiresome request."

"Well, you'll have to live with it. I mean, she's practically a kid."

She laughed, "You are entirely wrong about that. There is nothing childish about her at all. She has great promise and a bit of wicked streak. You should try her."

I sighed. "Ms. Alpanu, can you just agree?"

"I suppose it is your loss. Alright, yes, I agree. It extends only to staff of course?"

I ignored the implication. "Why are you insisting to see me this afternoon?"

She handed me a document. "I wanted to give you this. I just had to share my pleasure about it with you. Oh, and I think you have to do something deliciously legal in response."

I took the document and flipped through it. "This is a statement of claim against you, a document that initiates a court case. This guy, Mr. Giorgio Fabia, just sued you. This is clearly Finch's work. When was this served on you?"

"It was served this morning, at my downtown residence, by a delicious little man."

I looked up. "Please tell me you didn't?"

"I wanted to, but he left far too quickly."

I sighed. At least she did not ravish the process server. "Thanks for small mercies. Ok, so we will have to go through this and file a statement of defence and counterclaim. I think it should take..." I stopped.

"Yes, Mr. Wintauer?"

"Are you...?"

She was masturbating, with no slight attempt to hide it. Her chin raised a little, eyes flashing with deep pleasure as her hand adopted various rhythms between her now exposed legs. "I simply must. Oh. Please just continue."

I shrugged, not knowing what else to do. "I guess it's your nickel. So, our statement of defence will have to answer point by point to the alleged breaches in here. I guess the main one seems to be that you are allowing him to have sex with you only at midnight right now. Is that true, you are constraining things to midnight with him?"

"Ah, oh, yes...Mr. ah, Witnauer."

I waited until she achieved orgasm a minute or so later. I admit she was magnificent to watch. "Can you explain that, just having sex at midnight?"

She smiled, mysteriously, or perhaps it was just the post orgasm delirium. "I take him at midnight because that is when I am the most powerful. I am getting ready for the event he refuses to participate in."

I nodded, "This busturariae thing?"

"Yes."

"So, you want to screw on top of a few graves at midnight? That is what all this is all about?"

"That is an unpleasantly superficial way to state it, Mr. Witnauer. You have no idea how remarkable this is - I speak of a very ancient and dignified tradition of great importance. I could show you something about what I mean tonight if you wish."

The way she looked at me was difficult to resist. "Probably not my kind of thing to be honest, I have pretty simple tastes. But even taking your point that it is some kind of profound act, does he have a point about breach on your part?"

"What if he does? He is not doing what I want either. That is what I need from you, Mr. Witnauer. Force him. Make him do it."

"Well, I'll be really honest, that is the trouble with this whole case. Sex has to be consensual at all times. That's the usual rule. You don't force anyone."

"He consented when he signed."

I shrugged, "I guess that is the argument both sides are going to have to make if we file a counterclaim. I am just saying we are way, way off the beaten track on this. Hard to say what a judge would make of it all."

"I have confidence in you, Mr. Witnauer. So, what shall we do now? Will you take me to dinner?"

This was getting complicated. I was not sure how long I was going to be able to put her off, or how much longer I wanted to. "Short notice for tonight, but..."

She raised an eyebrow. "Tomorrow would be acceptable. I will arrange dinner at my place. I have an excellent cook."

I felt unable to refuse.

* * *

The next morning I held a short meeting on the file with George and Natalie. Natalie came in first. I noticed right away that she was even more pale than usual and looked uncomfortable in an unseasonably heavy sweater. Given it was early summer and the office was a maintained at a comfortable temperature, this stirred my curiosity.

"Cold?" I asked.

She winced. "I am freezing, have been all last night and this morning."

"Maybe you are coming down with something. If you are feeling sick, you don't need to stay."

"That is the strange part. I am ok. I just feel cold all the time, and really, voraciously hungry." This last part she said with husky emphasis as she openly stared at my crotch with a look of desire. She realized it was too late to avert her gaze, I had caught her. She glanced up wide-eyed.

We both stood blinking with embarrassment.

"As I said, if you don't feel well..."

George interrupted. "Sorry I am late, Mr. Witnauer. I just finished up the memo."

We all sat. The tension in the room began to dissolve as we sorted through the accumulating documents for the file, and I started dictating what should go in the statements of defence and counterclaim. A few times as we worked, I spotted Natalie gazing hungrily at me and alternately George, as if she could sexually devour either of us or both right on the spot. This was making me uneasy. George was oblivious. I sent him off to draft the first copy of the counterclaim.

After he left, Natalie remained seated. I wondered why. The meeting was over.

She was nervous, starting off. "Mr. Witnauer, I want to raise something with you, but I don't want to sound like a head case."

"After the week I seem to be having that would probably be difficult, but please go ahead."

"I saw some odd things while I was doing my research. I really think you should see what I am talking about."

I held out my hand, expecting her to hand me the notes she was holding. "Ok, why don't you show me?"

"I really mean you have to see them, they are over in the Museum of Civilization. I was following up on some aspects of the contract. The curator there was helpful. But, you really have to see it for yourself or you will likely not believe me."

"You want me to go to the museum with you?"

"It is not far, just a few blocks. I can't imagine it would take any more than a half an hour or so, and it may be really important."

I turned to look through the window. "Well, I guess it is nice enough out there. Why not? Maybe you can warm up a bit on the way."

She was staring at me again with that sexual greed in her eye. "I know a much better way to warm up."

"Pardon me?"

She shook herself. "God, I'm sorry. Mr. Witnauer, I have no idea why I said that. I really apologize."

"Look, Natalie, about yesterday, if you need to talk about something, you have a sympathetic ear here."

"I am alright. I am. Thanks though."

Obviously, she was not going to break her silence on this. I felt guilty all over again, but had no idea what else to say. "Well, let's get going and see this museum of yours."

Once at the museum, Natalie took me to the ancient history wing where the Etruscan and Roman exhibits were displayed. She aimed us straight for the Etruscan civilization Room. In one corner was reproduced a life-sized cross-section of a tomb. On a platform behind the security ropes was a sarcophagus from the period, a beautiful stone work with panels along the sides carved in heavy relief.

She pointed at the sarcophagus. "Just look right there, you'll see the same thing on a fresco behind the case over there and the funerary urns."

"I am not sure what...holy shit."

She nodded. "That is exactly what I said. The likeness is even more pronounced and clear on the funerary urn."

I was basically looking at Ms. Alpanu. It was a perfect likeness of her in the stone, a carving that was now more than a few thousand years old. She was wearing snakes around each wrist and not too much else other than a scanty chiton that left her breasts bare, and fur boots. Just beside her was another figure, larger and more prominent who looked incredibly like Dame Alighieri-Simms, the supposed aunt.

I felt a bit dizzy. "What the hell is this?"

"Weird, I know, but Hell does actually have something to do with this, Mr. Witnauer. I knew you had to see it yourself. I asked the curator about this exhibit. These figures are thought to be Vanths."

"Ok. What are Vanths?"

"According to him a Vanth was sort of a demon, but a nice kind, otherwise known as a chthonic deity. They belonged to the underworld and appeared just before death. They were sort of divine beings that helped the dying to die, and maybe took the dead over to the other side. Well, that seemed like one of their functions anyway."

"Sort of like the modern day grim reaper?"

"Right, they would be ancient Roman or pre-Roman equivalents I guess, a gentler, sexier version to be sure."

"Shit."

"Yeah, I have been pretty freaked out to be honest."

I looked over at her. "I can't blame you."

"What are we supposed to do, Mr. Witnauer?"

"How would I know? Look, maybe she saw this exhibit, perceived the resemblance and is kinked by it and trying to live the role or something."

Natalie shrugged. "Could be."

We both stared at the carving. I did not mention at this point that Dame Alighieri-Simms was also a dead ringer, which made it all a bit harder to explain, and was now really setting me on edge. One might be coincidence, but two such likenesses?

She sighed. "You know, you are probably right. I was just getting caught up in the research."

"You don't sound convinced."

"I'll be really honest, Mr. Witnauer, I can't get Ms. Alpanu out of my head. I think it is her that made me so cold now and, so constantly... she did something. I feel strange, kind of empty and obsessed at the same time."

"Natalie, I really think you need to tell me what happened yesterday."

"I guess there is not much of a choice. She...she nearly fucked the life out of me, Mr. Witnauer. I should never have let it happen, but before I knew it, I was out of my clothes and she was doing things I had no idea anyone could do. God, the pleasure, she had this way of breathing close to my thigh..."

"Ok, maybe I don't want too many details."

She blinked. "So are you going to fire me?"

"Fire you? I wouldn't even think of it. What you did is not exactly in line with the professional code, but everyone is entitled to a mistake. God knows I have committed a few big ones myself, and I would call these very extraordinary circumstances. "

She must have been under intense emotional pressure and fear for her job since the incident. She started to break down. Instinctively, she sought an embrace.

She sobbed a few times, but once held, her body started to respond to me. In an instant, she was no longer seeking emotional comfort. She gasped and I could feel her start to buck slightly against me. One hand dropped to get me ready.

Knowing her vulnerable state, I took a step back from her and held her by both arms. "Natalie, you are not yourself right now. "

"I know. Take me anyway."

"Well, from an ethical point of view, that is a terrible idea. I am going to give you the number of someone who can help you, a clinical psychologist who is an old friend of mine. She knows what she is doing with this kind of stuff. Take the rest of the day off, maybe the next couple, whatever you need. I want you to go see her right away."

To my relief, she nodded very willingly, her eyes filling with tears again. "Ok, I just want this to stop, Mr. Witnaeur."

* * *

I was sure Kirby would take excellent care of Natalie. I went back to the office, not able to avoid the thought of how I was going to take care of myself if I went to dinner with Ms. Alpanu. I mean, the idea that she was anything but human was entirely bizarre, but I saw what I saw on the sarcophagus and something real was happening to Natalie. My ambivalence increased the more I thought about it, a struggle between by sense of curiosity and what was likely very sensible apprehension. Apprehension was winning out and I had just about decided not to go when my assistant poked her head in my office. She seemed a bit smug.

"Hi Tom, your car is waiting."

"My car? What do you mean?"

"There is some kind of old fashioned limo parked out front waiting for you." She smiled. "It is drawing quite a crowd. Planning on a big night?"

I sighed. "You have no idea."

I headed downstairs and was taken aback even before I went through the revolving glass doors from the front lobby. My client was willing to challenge expectations with more than just her wardrobe. The car was a bloody Isotta Fraschini, in perfect condition with a smartly dressed chauffeur waiting to open the rear door. I had seen a few of these works of art in the old movies, but never thought to see one in real life, let alone have one waiting for me. If I was placing myself in danger, at least it was in grand style.

The ride was short, smooth and quiet. I felt my tension building. I had to ask myself what the hell I was doing this for, especially with a client. There was no good answer, of course, except to acknowledge that I had a dumb sense of bravado at times and had never been able to exercise much resistance against either my curiosity or the tantalizing prospect of sex with an erotic woman.

Her 'residence' turned out to be the top few floors of an elegant high-rise in the old part of the city, with a neo-classical, deco feel to it. My guess was she or her famously wealthy aunt owned the building underneath too.

Once the elevator opened on the top floor, the neo-classical aspects of the building vanished. It was all classical to the last detail. Palatial was the best description. The entrance hall was from another, distant time. It was lofty, dazzling with polished marble, mosaic, niches and exedras trimmed in what seemed to be real gold leaf and studded with the most remarkable frescos that were Roman in style if not origin.

I was led through by the driver, who had accompanied me up. I was avid to ask him about his employer, but he was a very silent, tough looking man. The only words I had heard him speak were to verify my identity when he first let me into the car. So, I just followed in silence until we arrived at another large room. In the centre was a large pool between large marble columns, the water of which was dappled with rose petals.

She rested just beyond the pool on a traditional Roman couch. In the candlelight she was breathtaking, her hair arranged in an intricate pile held by jewelled pins. She was wearing a long, very provocative white gown that revealed hints of her legs, not to mention the rest of her, beautifully. I noted with a prick of distress that on each wrist she wore a heavy gold bracelet, each in the design of a coiled snake that travelled up her forearm. She rose, watching me cross the room with an air of satisfaction.

"Welcome to my home, Mr. Witnauer. I am so pleased that you chose to honour me."

"Thank you for the invitation," I replied assertively.

She nodded to the driver. "Thank you, Agostino. You may let the ladies know that we are ready to dine. Please follow me, Mr. Witnauer."

I did. She led me to a dining room that opened at one end to an outdoor terrace with a surprising, lush looking roof-top garden. All was of similar opulence and stateliness to the rooms I had just been through. Only the lights of the city beyond the terrace strengthening in the dusk gave any indication that I was in the right time-frame.

From the moment I reclined on the feasting couch offered to me, everything that took place was intended to arouse me and increase my desire. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I understood I should be diligent, but the idea of a grand seduction focussed upon me was impossible to shrug off. I remained convinced that I could handle myself.

"Wine?"

"A little would be nice."

She poured slowly from a decanter. I found this very sexy. She glanced up as she handed me my glass. "I cannot tell you how much I have been looking forward to this evening. So, how did you find the contract now that you have had a chance to study it?"

"Interesting. You'd have to be, well...erotically very busy to perform it all."

"We are wonderfully busy, Mr. Witnauer, I can assure you. Do you like that idea?"

"Sure, why not? I should mention that we did quite a bit of follow up research, including at the Museum of Civilization."

She had no visible reaction. "I have never been there. I take it you found something worthwhile?"

"I saw an Etruscan sarcophagus, I guess that would be pre-Roman in a way."

She smiled. "Yes, it would be in a way."

"Funny thing, there was a really good likeness of you on one of the panels, and your aunt, Dame Alighieri-Simms too."

She laughed. "What a delightful imagination you have, Mr. Witnauer."

Her tone was so confidently dismissive, I immediately felt embarrassed.

"I like that in a man. I hope it extends to your sensual talents."

I had no idea how to respond. I am not sure I could have anyway. Emerging from a discreet side door came two servers with large trays of food, which they carried over. Kneeling, they placed the trays on a low table at the head of our couches. What absorbed my attention was that these women, aside from being classically beautiful and graceful as swans, wore nothing except delicate floral decorations in their hair, which was held up and adorned with gold coils. Their bodies were flawless, smooth as marble, including their enticing mounds, which they did nothing to conceal.

My hostess was amused at my gaping. "I am treating you to an authentic Roman feast, Mr. Witnauer, perfectly authentic in every respect. This is just a beginning, a few appetizers, as you would call them. We call it the gustatio. Do pace yourself."