The Milky Way

Story Info
Young love discovered.
5.7k words
4.59
35.2k
13
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In summer, high in the mountains on the western slopes, darkness comes after 11:00p.m. For those who have never experienced this late night phenomena, the idea of sun light until the hour before midnight is not imaginable. Moreover, the dark night sky without reflected city light is a stunning display of billions of stars making up the Milky Way. Stars, clustered tightly together, give the impression of dense white, milk looking path of stars splitting the horizon from east to west. This is something I experienced years ago in the military stationed in Germany and share that experiencing again with this tale of backpacking through the Black Hills of South Dakota.

I was fortunate to have a backpacking buddy with me who had never seen such a sight. We stayed up late our first night out so she could see the sight. We were unhurried and did not have any need to sleep early to begin our hike early the next morning. Joe was in awe of the sight the sky poured out before her eyes.

Joe, Josephine, and I have know each other since middle school, we went to high school together. Over those years, we were friends. She had her boyfriends, I had my girlfriends and we had our friendship. We went to college on opposite sides of the country, while over breaks at home, we hung out still as friends.

This is the summer after college graduation and we decided to take a vacation in the Black Hills together. As 23 year old college grads, and friends, it was natural that we would spend six weeks enjoying ourselves before we entered the work force doing what society says is the right thing to do, work until we are 70 then die wishing had lived our lives our way.

My name is Scott. In a crowd, I would not stand out; I do not have any unique features. I do stay fit but I am not a gym-aholic. Hiking and bicycling are my preferred means of exercise. Girlfriends have never complained about being unsatisfied although I am average in sexual endowment. I am just over six feet one inch tall.

Joe is attractive in my eyes, she has a pretty face, green eyes, and sandy colored hair that frames her face and is just shoulder length. She has feminine curves right where they are supposed to be. On her five feet eleven inch frame, her breasts are full but not big. Her waist is about 25 inches and her hips are full with a nicely designed butt.

"Scott," she asked as we decided to unroll our sleeping bags, "how come you never asked me for a date?" Joe's voice was normal as though asking for an answer to math problem

"I have always valued you as a friend and didn't want to make things difficult with the innuendos that dating can imply." I was matter of fact in my answer. Neither of us continued the conversation as it was late, our hike and staying up to see the sunset precede the appearance of the night sky left us tired.

We planned to spend a week in the wilderness before resupplying and carried lightweight dehydrated foods and a few utensils to boil water for coffee and rehydrate food. We had an emergency gas stove but used wood fires as much as possible. We drew our drinking water from local streams using wilderness filter systems. We had a small two-person tent in case of nighttime rain, but slept in the open on clear nights.

Although morning came early and we had not had more then about five hours sleep, we felt refreshed as the morning sun brought life back to the mountains. I boiled water and unpacked some coffee and dehydrated eggs and sausage. One package is supposed to be two full servings and needs three cups boiling water to reconstitute.

As I worked on breakfast, Joe went off to wash up in the stream that ran near by. We were conscious of pollution and carried only natural soaps. As Joe walked away, I could not help but watch with her question from bedtime still on my mind.

There was very little seclusion for her to wash privately and she made as much use of it as possible. However, I did get an eyeful of her as she stripped, washed, dried and put on clean panties before pulling up her hiking pants. She washed her dirty panty in the stream. As Joe returned, the water was boiling for the food.

"While the food rehydrates," I said, "I'll go wash up. You can boil water for coffee." Joe agreed and off I went for my wash up. I wondered if Joe watched me but I did not want to do anything to give into my wonder. I followed much the same routine as Joe.

"Not much privacy out here is there." Joe asked the question in a way making me believe she may have watched.

"Not a whole lot but tall grass is a pretty good shield." I wondered if my answer was good enough that Joe would not think I checked her out while she washed.

"I hope they were," Joe laughed.

"Are you saying they weren't enough," I wondered if Joe would take the bait and from the blush in her cheeks, I had my answer.

"Ah... Well... I did catch a glimpse. I wasn't looking though!" Joe does tend to embarrass easily and it showed in her face and voice. "Did you see me," she asked in an apprehensive and tentative voice.

"I was busy with boiling the water for the eggs and sausage, I didn't even try," I lied. "Why the sudden interest in bodies and the dating question last night?" I wondered to myself if I wanted more from our relationship and if Joe wanted more.

"Scott! For eleven years we have known each other, you never noticed I am a girl!" There was anger in Joe's voice I had never heard before. Clearly, she is interested in me as a guy not just a guy who is a friend.

I looked carefully into Joe's eyes seeing not anger, rather sadness, sadness that I had not see her as a woman. "Joe, I know you are a woman, I've noticed. I noticed this morning while you were at the stream washing, but I lied about not seeing you. I care about our friendship too much to hurt it." I was not sure if I said too much, said it wrong, or should have just shut up.

"What did you see, Scott? Now be honest. Did you see me as your friend or as a woman?"

"Joe," I almost whispered, "I saw you as my friend and saw you as a woman. I cannot separate friend and woman. I saw you trying to be modest, trying to hide your body as you washed, I saw a lot but not enough."

"You didn't see enough because I was being modest, or not enough and you want to see more."

We were coming to grips with change in our lives and we both knew it. My answer was simpler than I thought it would be, "Not enough."

Joe reached for the pouch of eggs and sausage and took a helping; however, I did notice a slight smug look on her face.

We cleaned up our campsite after eating, looked at the trail map for a likely place to end today's hike. A point about 12 miles away looked best, wooded, a couple shallow lakes, place to swim and really bathe. The only things we did not stow were canteens of water and digital cameras. We were getting good shots of wilderness and wildlife. We each carried extra SD cards and would not need to download until the trip was over.

This section of trail was still high mountaintop, few hills, and best of all, no switchbacks. For the first couple of hours our pace was fast as it was still the cool of the morning and our energy was high from breakfast. We watched trail markers to know where we were on the trail and discovered we already hit the five mile mark of our planned 12 miles.

We reached a little clearing and I called out to Joe, "Lets take a break for water and eat some trail mix. We don't want to over do."

Joe responded in agreement and we dropped our backpacks, had a long drink of water, and grabbed a couple bags of trail mix. We did some limbering exercises and stretches to keep us loose before resting in the grass.

"You know Joe, I'm glad we planned this trip. All too soon, we have to join the adult world and work the rest of our lives. Have you started job hunting or know where you want to work?"

"Where, as in company or where as in geography," Joe asked. I could have been clearer.

"I didn't think about it that way, but I guess I mean both. I have a couple leads in Virginia and Oregon, opposite coasts. I'm not sure really." I opened the discussion not knowing if I wanted to hear Joe's answer, not knowing if it would mean a permanent separation from my best friend.

"Oh, I have a couple ideas but not being too active right now; I am kind of procrastinating. To me, Oregon sounds better than Virginia but can't say why exactly."

"I'm leaning toward Oregon I think. I do not want being caught up in that Washington DC craziness where my leads are. Oregon is more laid back and more my style."

We were lying side by side in the grass resting when I felt something touch my hand. I quickly realized Joe laced her fingers in mine and I enjoyed the feeling. Joe said it was time to stretch and limber up before we got too cold, "We have to get on the trail to finish the last seven miles."

"As long as the temps stay comfortable we should be able to knock out another four miles before the heat of the day hits," Joe said. She was bending and stretching, arching her back, and getting loose.

"Are you in a rush to get to the lakes? We should enjoy the views and capture some images. The last couple miles are downhill and easy walking according to the map."

"Silly, I want to get a swim in this afternoon and you could benefit from the water too." I knew Joe was right; I chewed up a hand full of trail mix and had a good drink of water before loading up.

Uncharacteristically, I took Joe's hand to lead her back to the trail, "Off we go then." I felt a slight squeeze of my hand from Joe and I returned it before she took off leading this part of the hike.

The next two hours were slower since we saw a lot of wildlife and took more pics. Although slower, we still made over three miles, almost four. We covered a bit over nine miles in just about five hours. Now, at around 2:30, we stopped for something more substantial than trail mix. We took out one of the military MREs to share; it was a pork steak version with a large portion of meat, a vegetable pack, and a desert and snack pack. Not far off was a stream; I took our canteens and water filter pump to fill up with fresh water.

We were at the point that the trail was mostly downhill and would be an easier pace. Even with our packs, we made the three miles in less than an hour and a half. Just a little after four, we found a good place to set up camp. We were both surprised that we had not seen any other campers or hikers.

We picked a spot close to the water that had some shade and had a lot of seclusion from the trail. "Scott, put up the tent so we have a place to change for swimming."

I decided to give Joe a little tease, "Yeah, wouldn't want you checking me out again."

Even though the comment made her blush a bit, she took up the challenge, "And, I wouldn't want you getting any ideas." Hearing that, I thought to myself, getting ideas that I was not already having after this morning.

The tent is extremely lightweight rip-stop nylon with external fiberglass ribs. It was up in less than a minute and staked to the ground. I threw the packs in and told Joe to change. "I'll change after you."

Joe slipped in the tent with a comment that left me wondering, "I bet you'll change." I heard Joe rustling around in her pack then sounds of clothing coming off then quiet before Joe emerged. "Scott."

I heard my name called, turned toward Joe who now out of the tent. "Holy shit!"

"Your vision is still 20/20," Joe laughed. "Does this prove to you that I am a woman?"

"All doubt is wiped away." Joe wore a bikini that did nothing to hide her figure or hide anything for that matter. My eyes saw a woman I didn't know existed, she was still Joe but this Joe was making sure I she charmed me. I was in a trance taking in each lovely curve and swell.

"See you in the water," she said with a tease in her voice. I ducked into the tent to change with a problem that Joe had never caused before; I was hard from seeing her. Is that what she meant by her I bet you'll change remark?

Seeing Joe as a woman caused me to change. For all these years, she was my best friend, Joe. Was seeing her this way making me realize something more about how I felt about her, was she telling me something without words. I changed and raced into the water bringing towels, washcloths and our organic soap.

At best, the water was five feet deep and in the summer sun, was very warm. It was a comfortable feeling having heavy hiking boots and wool socks off my feet. I swam out to Joe who was floating lazily on her back just barely stroking the water. The wet material of her bikini hugged her tightly making each swell and curve of her body more prominent and appealing.

"Scott, how do you like my bikini? I bought it just for this trip." Joe dropped her legs to the lake bottom and stood water just slightly above the top of her breasts.

"Joe, there isn't enough bikini to like. It is more like a ribbon on a gift. I know what's inside the ribbon is a wonderful person and I'm afraid to unwrap it." As I spoke, I understood that I committed myself, acknowledged to Joe and I that she is a wonderful person, woman.

Joe closed the space between us as if gliding. She wrapped her arms around me, "You think I am a wonderful person? I have to know Scott, am I wonderful to you?" Her body touched mine, not pressed into me or me into her, just touching lightly.

"I know you are wonderful, Joe. We've been close since we were 12 and now I'm, honestly, I am confused. I feel like I am meeting someone that I have known all my life for the first time. I am seeing more than my best friend."

"How much more than best friend, Scott? Joe shifted slightly getting closer, arms around me more tightly. I tried to read the look in her eyes, very unsure what I saw. Her face shown with a light color that made it glow, but in her eyes, what was I seeing in her eyes?

For a long time I stared into Joe's eyes saw the glow on her face. Reality was dawning, I saw contentment, ease, truthfulness, honesty, compassion, passion, desire, and peeking at the corner, I saw love. The love that peeked at the corners was not love based on friendship; it was love for someone Joe longed for, being in love.

"Joe, your face is glowing, your eyes are full of emotion. I am seeing into your soul through your eyes. Your eyes are telling me what your voice hasn't said. You are afraid to say it because you afraid of my reaction." Through her eyes, I was discovering that I had stronger feelings than best friend. I was slow making the realization; however, I must be feeling the same things as Joe.

I put my arms around Joe's back, drew her more closely to me, kissed her forehead, eyes, cheeks, and then found her lips. Our first kiss was clumsy, almost silly, we couldn't get it right. It was like two 12 year olds experimenting. Within seconds, our next kiss was fully adult, we aged eleven years in those seconds, and we hugged, kissed, sighed, and moved against each other in the chest deep water of this little lake.

When we did break from the passion of that first lovers kiss, I said, "That much more than best friends." In Joe's eyes, I saw love taking over from all the other emotions I saw earlier.

"Is this bikini still the ribbons wrapping a lovely package?" Joe's breathing was fast and lust filled. She held me tightly as she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Do you want me to unwrap it here or in the tent?"

"Scott," Joe panted, "I have to tell you something but first I want you to kiss me again." I did not hesitation as I placed my lips on Joe's. We kissed with all the passion two people can share. Joe had to know that her body affected mine because I felt my cock jabbing at her pubic bone.

The kiss ended, we both panting with desire. "Scott, I am a virgin, your virgin. For eleven years, I held out hoping for you, wanting you. I feel you against me, I need to feel you in me."

We cast our eyes in all directions looking for other hikers and campers as we waded to the shore. Grasses and wild flowers grew up to and all along the shore, we could spread out our towels over the soft bed of natureÕs beauty and make love.

Each having the same idea, we matted some grass under our towels then we lay quietly side-by-side. I knew Joe and I were about to cross a line that only lovers cross and I admitted to myself Joe is and will be my lover and my love. We embraced and resumed our passionate kiss. Our hands explored each other. Joe explored my back; let her hand slip inside my trunks to squeeze my butt. Her touch was different, it was not pure sex, it was more like a communication of joy mixed with desire.

Her back was smooth as I ran my fingers up and down her spine, each movement bringing my fingers closer to her barely covered butt. When my fingers finally rested on her butt, Joe sighed deeply. On my next pass up her spine, I paused to pull the little string of her top; it gave way and fell loose. At her neck, I pulled the second string of her top and it fell away.

My hand traveled down her back again, this time I boldly cupped her butt pulling her into me and spreading her butt cheeks. I found one string of her bottom and gently pulled, Joe offered no resistance.

With the little piece of cloth covering her womanly charms loosened, I returned my hand to her butt letting my fingers probe deeper between her legs. I felt her moistness, silky in its slipperiness. When my finger made contact with her virgin opening, Joe screamed in excitement.

Joe changed position letting her bikini fall to the towels, she was naked and beautiful. "Say something Scott, I have never let a man see me this way, I'm afraid."

"Joe, my god, you are beautiful and I am afraid too. Will I hurt you, will I satisfy you, and will we survive this new part of our lives." I slipped out of my trunks exposing everything to view; we stared at each other for several long moments until we fell into another embrace, our naked bodies fueling our passion.

I let Joe lay back on the towels as I began kissing my way to her breasts. They were warm in the late afternoon and her nipples stiffened as I kissed, licked, and bit on them. Joe squirmed under my touch as I began moving my head down her body to taste from her nectar pool. "Scott, are you going to taste me, I'm afraid. What will happen?"

I moved closer to her pubic mound, "Yes, I am going to taste you, don't be afraid, let yourself enjoy the feelings." I was close enough to let my tongue flick her clit.

Joe screamed as she felt my tongue touch her clit, she opened her legs and let me taste again. A couple seconds more and Joe spread her legs wide, bent her knees and pushed against my tongue. Whatever her fears or inhibitions were slipped away in the orgasm that rocked her virgin pussy.

"I want you, Scott, now. Let me feel you entering me, breaking my hymen, making love to me." Joe was still panting in the afterglow of her orgasm as I positioned myself ready to take the plunge.

"Take my cock in your hand, Joe. Guide me into you." Joe's warm hand took my cock and pulled me closer to her virgin opening. Her intact hymen was visible as my cock began entry. I did not force myself in, barely my cock head in her opening and I made contact with her barrier.

Joe did something I didn't expect, she thrust her hips upward hard breaking her hymen against my cock. She didn't scream or cry, she smiled, "I'm not a virgin any more, Scott, push, slowly, let me feel each movement."

Joe was wet from her orgasm and I felt no resistance as I slowly entered her. When we were pubic to pubic, I held myself motionless letting Joe feel herself with a cock in her. "Are you okay, Joe, did I hurt you."

"I thought it was supposed to hurt the first time, it felt good, a little tingle of pain is all, you feel good inside me. You make me feel very okay, Scott."

12