The Mindless Troll Army vs. Words

Story Info
The Troll King and his army are defeated in an epic battle.
1.2k words
2.47
7.8k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lance gt
lance gt
225 Followers

The blazing rays of the golden sunset streaked out over the barren landscape, shedding a last welcome sight of the light of day. The valiant warriors marched onward towards a certain battle of mammoth proportions, that many knew death was the outcome. Armed with the only weapons they knew would defeat the hordes that dwelt in the dank, fetid caves that lay at the bottom of their grand and majestic mountain, they transcended the slopes with assuredness. Thousands of feet tread with care not to disturb the loose earth and give rise to their approach.

Their leader, a fearless and stalwart man of great reknown, led them with determination, to once and for all rid their kingdom of the unwanted intruders. Too many times was peace asked for and denied to them, leaving them without resolve and a life of constant threat. They looked at him with pride and a great sense of hope that this would be the last time they would have to see the disgusting creatures or smell their rankness waft up to them.

Many of the followers held fear in their hearts, steeling themselves against the inevitable retalliation that was sure to come. They continued on, walking in numbers that outranked their enemy, still unsure if there were enough to deal with the hulking behemoths that waited below.

They neared the entrance to the cave and the overpowering odour of their vile enemy's unwashed bodies, rose up to assault their noses. Many tried to cover their faces and dimish the intensity of it to a bearable level, but nothing was as putrid, or as overwhelming to them.

The leader stood above the entrance to the cave and looked back at his followers. He could see the look in their eyes and knew it was up to him to lead them into battle. He gave them a look of determination, that this was a battle to end all battles. He wanted to instill the courage into them to fight until their dying breath, to never back away or show the beasts any sign of fear.

The followers quietly gave signs of encouragement to one another and braved their hearts to what was to come. They moved as close to the edge as they could and stood with shaking legs, feeling the nervous tension grip them.

Their leader took one last look at the glimmering edge of the disappearing sun and knew that their enemy would soon be stirring. They were nocturnal beasts that feared the light of day and shied away from it as if it were poisonous. He took stock of his weapons and passed a hushed word to his followers to remember how to use theirs. The followers thought with unflagging concentration on them and felt assured they would work.

As the impending darkness fell upon them, they knew it was the moment of truth. This was what the many had asked for, but had been too afraid to do. The fear of being attacked so often, weighed heavily in their minds and hearts. They looked at their leader and saw him prepare for the first onslaught.

With a mighty bellow of his voice, he called out to the leader of the hordes to come out and face them. A stirring of bodies could be heard echoing out from the depths of the cave. Fear washed over many, knowing just the sight of their ugliness was enough to drive them to panic.

Louder the shuffling movements came and a shape appeared at the entrance. The darkened outline was visible to those close to the edge. Many backed away, but the leader stood his ground and waited for it to present itself fully. When the mishapen form of the thing was clear of the entrance, the leader took aim and hurled a weapon at him. The body fell and lay still. No sign of movement could be seen and this gave a renewed strength to the wary. They moved back to the edge and looked at their leader, standing defiant and in readiness.

Another and then another appeared and the braver of the group hurled their own weapons at the beasts and watched them succumb. Their courage was given new strength that this would succeed.

More of the beasts inside howled at them and tried to drive them off. They weren't prepared for the battle, as they had only had to use their grunting, brutishness to strike fear in the mountain dwellers before. The surprise of a full on attack had left them confused and bewildered and they looked upon their King to guide them.

The loud roar from their Regent, at the discovery that they would not be able to further their existence, angered him and he pushed aside his minions in a display of strength, that cowered them. The army waiting outside held their ground, assured by the strength of their weapons.

The huge mass of the beast exited the cave and stood in defiance of the mass above him. He roared and bellowed at them, hoping to frighten them into fleeing. Many fell back as the smell of his breath assaulted them.

The leader then raised his hands for his followers to join in a unified attack and the air filled with a caccophony of weapons hurtling through the air, aimed straight at the heart of the Troll King. The giant troll reeled in agony, but didn't drop from the onslaught.

Once again the leader beckoned his troops to hurtle another barrage and the sound became deafening as more weapons were used.

The troll staggered and gave out a mighty bellow in his last attempt to drive them away, but was overcome by the constant pounding of weapons weakening him and causing him to drop to his knees.

The leader could see it was almost done and united everyone to use their most powerful weapons all at once. The din was heard echoing off the distant peaks and the troll fell backwards onto the other fallen ones. He breathed his last stench filled breath and then all was still.

The leader climbed down and looked into the cave and saw the huddled masses of the remaining horde, cowering in fear, at seeing their king die.

More and more followers came down to stand at the entrance and gaze upon the wretched beasts. With no more fear of them, they united again in a might fusillade and watched as the remaining trolls fell where they stood. In moments, the last ones perished, unable to fend off the attacking weapons.

The followers covered their faces and dragged the lifeless bodies of the trolls back into the cave. They rose again to an area of large, loose rock and boulders and used their might to create a landslide big enough to cover the entrance of the cave, forever sealing the trolls inside.

They sang out their praise to their leader and raised him on their shoulders. They carried him back to their mountain home and celebrated in their victory.

In his strong, virile voice he proclaimed to the followers, " King Harry of the Trolls is dead. No more shall we have to deal with their ruthless attacks upon us. The power of our words shall defend us as you have seen. Write my friends. Write as freely and happily as you wish."

The crowd cheered and rejoiced and joined in a chanting praise of their leader, "Long live Lance, Long live Lance."

lance gt
lance gt
225 Followers