The Mirror

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"When I returned to the bedroom, she had rushed into the bathroom and locked the door. Through the locked bathroom door she instructed me to take 'that thing' back. She finally came out of the bathroom, but the mirror had to be out of the house before she'd come out of the bedroom, so this morning I got dressed, lugged it out to my truck and now here I am.

"Incredible," the man behind the counter said, "simply incredible."

"Yeah, so here it is, as you can see it is in perfect shape."

Stepping from behind the counter, he grabbed his long, gray hair, twisted it and hooked a rubber band over it forming a pony tail. He looked over the mirror quickly and confirmed, "Yes, it's in perfect condition, let me get you your money back."

"I sure hate to return it, but..."

"Say no more, at least you had that one time."

"Yeah, I guess most people would be lucky to have that."

Opening the register, the man grabbed some cash and carefully counted out the bills as he placed them in my hand. When he finished counting her looked back up at me and asked, "So what are you going to get her to replace the mirror?"

"Well, I thought about getting some candy, but damn, with that pimple on her ass, I better stay away from the chocolate. I guess I'll just get her flowers."

"Hey and since Valentine's Day was yesterday I bet you can get them at half price."

"Yeah, I hadn't thought of that," I said, slipping the cash into my wallet. "Well, thanks for taking back the mirror."

"After a story like you told, how could I refuse," he said, laughing a bit.

Nodding, I turned and headed toward the door when I noticed the lady I passed when I first entered the store standing in a nearby aisle. I hadn't heard the door open so she must have been there the entire time. I did notice that her face was very flushed and her clothes were a bit disheveled, but I only nodded to her and headed out of the store. There was a flower shop across the street so I walked over and purchased two dozen long stem roses at half price. As I carried the flowers back out to the car I noticed the old man across the street lugging the mirror out of his shop. Putting the roses in my car, I jogged over and helped him carry it to a car.

As we got to the car I noticed the lady I had seen in the store grab her keys and unlock the trunk. She looked at me, and smiled an embarrassed smile and moved back to the front of the car, climbing inside. The old man and I carefully lifted the mirror into her trunk as he whispered to me, "She paid me twice what you paid for this mirror. I think I need to hire you to come tell stories about all my stuff."

I simply laughed and helped him arrange the padding around the mirror. It was too big for us to close the trunk, so we worked together to tie down the trunk so she could drive without damaging the mirror. When we finished, the old man thanked me for the help and then took my hand and shook it, thanking me again for the story. I headed for my car hoping my wife would enjoy her belated Valentine's Day gift.

 

12