The Misadventures of Mrs. Taken Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Foster waited until the last of the cigarette pack had been burned to ash before turning off the burner and closing the grill's stainless steel lid. "I think the steaks need to marinade just a little longer," he said, giving me a wink. I couldn't have agreed more. It was wintertime and we were standing barefoot in the dusting of snow covering the deck. I was freezing my ass off. I nodded and made a run for the backdoor with Foster on my heels. I couldn't think of a better way to get nice and toasty warm than in bed with my husband.

We were together and for however much time we had left we always would be. We weren't rich or famous. We didn't live in the nicest house on the block. I didn't have my dream career and Foster was never going to be a rock star. I was ever going to wear a size six again. Foster would end up wrinkled and bald, just like his dad and me, gray haired and a little flighty, just like my mom.

We were going to spend our entire lives in this little town and Lord willing, many years from now be buried on a hill beneath the shade of an old oak tree. It was the only outcome for the both of us that I could foresee with any certainty. But, it was the in between the now and the far off then that I grasped onto with such hope.

In my sacrifice, I had made our lives just a little better and hopefully, a little longer. Whatever came we were going to face it together, just the same as we always had since that starlit night in the middle of a cornfield a lifetime ago. No, we hadn't gotten everything we had wanted out of life, but we had what we needed and we had it in each other and it truly was, for no matter how long or how short, a very good life.