The Mission of the Heart

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The last thing on my mind was not about the previous assignments I completed.

Surprisingly enough, the last thing on my mind is how wrapping a torn curtain around Charlie's cut meant something more to me than any other assignments.

-------------------------

"This is gonna be a slow day," Daniel said while we were on break. "Saturdays are always a bore. But at least you don't do much."

"Well," I said," I don't mind not doing much today."

We both chuckled and our break ended. Daniel was right, even though it was around lunch time, not a lot of people were coming in to Tru. Of course, not a lot of people can afford this kind of place, but still you'd expect some people to come in.

Well, I guess it doesn't matter since I was planning on quitting anytime now when I receive my next assignment. Until then, I have nothing else better to do but to stay low.

A Spanish looking couple came in, and I was their server; I could tell they were incredibly rich from the jewelries they had on. After I got their orders on paper, I went to the chef, who always had something to mumble about. I don't really blame him. These rich folks had nothing better to do, but to order the most expensive meals.

"One day, it'll be our turn," I told me and he smiled back.

"Hey!" Daniel shouted as he power walked to me. "Can you do me a favor?"

"Uh," I said. "Sure?"

"My wife's water broke," he said, smiling as widely as possible.

"Congratulations!"

"Yea," he said, nodding. "Can you cover for me?"

"Hmmm," I said thoughtfully. " I don't see why not. It's a slow day so, sure why not."

"Thank you!" he said and hugged me very tightly. "Listen, I gotta go. Thank you again!"

And with that, he power walked out through the door. Smiling, I told the chef that I would deliver the orders from Dan's tables from now on, but he didn't care. Table thirteen's orders, the Spanish couple's table, were ready so I graciously served them.

"Gracias," the woman told me.

"Bien nada," I replied back.

I went back to the kitchen and the orders from table sixteen, one of Dan's tables, were also ready. I picked them up and patiently walked towards the table.

The table was filled with five women and they all seemed very young. I could see they were around in their young twenties or even late teens, but two women's backs were turned to me so I wasn't very certain.

I graciously served the meal without making any eye contact to the ladies.

"Enjoy your meals," I said smiling. With that, I turned and started going to the kitchen, but then I felt a soft hand on my right hand

"Excuse me," a female voice said, "I think there's a terrible mistake. I had the Croque-monsieur."

"My apolo-" I started, but when I made eye contact to the speaker, there was a huge lump on my throat. In front of me was the most beautiful woman my eyes ever laid on.

It was Charlie Carlson.

To be continued ;)

12