The Modern Prometheus

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

No point in dwelling over it, she told herself, watching her reflection closely as she dropped her hands to her sides. You can't tell him now anyway -- he's not here to tell it to.

Brie had just slipped into her shoes when two warm familiar arms wrapped around her waist and squeezed, lifting her high into the air before twirling her around. Brie squealed out a laugh as hot, wet kisses were planted over her neck and face, the owner of those lips growling in pleasure as she wriggled against him.

Brie finally managed to break free only to turn around and tackle Eli in her arms, sealing her mouth over his for a long, deep kiss. When she finally could break away, she was gasping and Eli was rubbing against her sensually, his tail wickedly sneaking under her shirt to tease at her breasts.

"Haven't you had enough?" Brie gasped out, laughing in surprise.

Eli growled and kissed his bite mark on her neck. "Never," he vowed darkly. "I'll never have enough of you, little witch."

Brie squeezed him close and rubbed her nose into his chest, tasting the cinnamon of his flames once more. "Where did you go?" she asked his chest. "You were gone when I woke up."

Eli chuckled. "I had a few errands to make. I brought something back for you, actually. Let go of my arms and I can show you."

Brie shook her head no, knowing it was childish but not caring.

"Brie, don't you want your gift?" he whispered softly against her temple, kissing the spot there after.

Brie backed away then, her face crumpling in suspicion. "You never call me Brie," she mused.

Eli smiled and lowered his body down to eye level...and then to his knee.

A leather box appeared in his red palm and Brie watched with misty eyes as he pulled the lid back, revealing a three-stone diamond ring against the black velvet.

"I know that we can't get married in the church or by a priest, since being what I am in fact makes that impossible, and I know that I can't even give you a civil marriage since I haven't social security, but I still want you to have this. I'd be honored to be called your husband." Eli smiled impishly, revealing the dimple in his left cheek. "That is, if you'll take me."

Brie squealed and nodded, laughing and crying and jumping up and down in one place like a three year old, each wiggle making it harder for Eli to put the ring on. When it finally slid down her finger, fitting perfectly, Brie burst out laughing and launched herself at her demon, kissing his face and hair and neck and chest before he pulled her up into his arms and kissed her senseless in return.

Despite having made love the entire night, Brie fell back onto the bed and took Eli with open arms.

~+~

A year later...

The house seemed to know that Brie was expecting someone. It was silent and watchful, making not a single creak or moan as Brie watched the minute hand wind down on the clock. Edgar on his perch in the rafters fluttered his wings as though to dispel the tension and gave a soft croak. Brie rubbed her sweaty palms along her jean-clad thighs, her blue eyes darting back to the clock on the kitchen wall.

Five...four...three...two...o—

The front door to the house swung open and Brie swallowed her nerves before standing up on shaking legs to greet the visitor. The tiny hand holding her fingers squished the diamond ring Eli had given her tightly into the skin, but she didn't mind.

Brie held her breath as his footsteps drew closer and her heart began to pound at the sight of those burning garnet eyes that appeared out of the blackness. Eli walked into the living room and paused, watching her bend down and pick up the tiny babe with russet red hair and glowing garnet eyes in absolute silence. Brie swallowed and smoothed back the boy's hair, revealing the pale skin he had inherited from his witchy mother and the impish smile that could only belong to Eli.

"Brie..." her demon breathed, taking a step forward.

Brie smiled softly at Eli, her eyes clouding with tears. "Eli, this is our son, Jackson, though he only answers to Jax." She took a step towards Eli and smiled down at her son. "Jax, this is your daddy."

Jax swung his eyes to Eli and watched as a smile crossed his dad's face before he grinned back. He reached out to Eli without any hesitation at all. The big demon pulled his son close and laughed, twirling him a little in the air before bringing him down into his chest. Eli stroked over the hair and the puffy cheeks, smiling down at Jackson when the baby yawned and pressed his face to Eli's warm chest, searching for a comfy spot to sleep.

Brie met Eli's gaze and wiped at her wet face sheepishly, laughing a little when Eli reached out for her with a smile. "I didn't know how you would react," Brie said honestly as she wrapped her arms around his trim waist. "It kept me up at night sometimes, wondering if you would...just wondering, really."

Eli pressed a kiss to her temple, his hold around her firm and strong. "You gave me a son, Brie," he breathed, his voice tight and soft. "The only worry you should have is how you're going to keep my hands off of you tonight."

"And that's where I come in!"

Brie laughed as Des bounced in front of them like an eager puppy, pouting a little until Eli released Brie's waist and hugged the skinny Welshman back. Des bounced up on his platforms and kissed Eli's cheek before leaning down and planting a smack on Brie's mouth, much to Eli's irritation. Des waved off his growls and kissed Jax softly.

"So you're back!" Des whispered in excitement when he saw Jax was sleeping.

Eli suddenly smiled a secret smile and looked down at Brie, his garnet eyes twinkling. "For good," he told her, his smile widening.

"For...forever?" Brie gasped, clutching his arm tightly. "Do you mean it, Eli?"

Eli nodded quickly, grinning hugely now. "As long as I visit my realm when my power is weak, I can stay here, with my family." He then eyed Des and winked. "I...brought someone along, if that's alright. He's a little lost wondering where he's going to spend all his time on earth with all the humans. I thought maybe you could help him out."

Like the wolf he was, Fen snuck noiselessly out of the shadows and caught Des unaware, the resulting screech of surprise waking Jackson but making Brie and the others laugh. Des tackled the wolf demon in glee, his glossy lips marking the abundant golden flesh in front of him. Brie turned her attention back to Eli, her heart still pounding with the news.

"Happy anniversary, Eli," she murmured, a bright smile crossing her face.

"Happy Halloween, Brie," her demon chuckled before leaning down to seal their future with a kiss.

~The End~