The Most Demanding Audience

Story Info
Anal fans are more demanding than anybody else.
1.3k words
4.29
27k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Boxlicker101
Boxlicker101
3,129 Followers

That may seem to be too much of a generality, but I will use my own experiences and the scores in the top lists to show why I believe it to be true. This is strictly my opinion, and you are perfectly welcome to disagree with me, and to express that disagreement.

As of right now, the evening of December 11, 2006, the four highest ranked stories in the Anal category all have scores of 4.80. Only two other categories have top ranked stories as low as that, and they are special cases. Loving Wives has one story ranked at 4.80 and everything else is lower, but those relatively low scores reflect hostility rather than an epicurean taste in erotica.

Trolls read the stories in the Loving Wives category and, when they read about something they don't like, particularly "slut wives and/or wimp husbands", they launch their one-bombs. Such votes do not reflect on the quality of the writing, and are just expressions of the trolls dislike of the subject. Some trolls will one-bomb a story if it is about a cheating wife who is caught and suffers the consequences. Other trolls will do the same if she gets away with her cheating.

Once in a while an author will foolishly believe the Loving Wives category consists of stories about women who love their husbands and are faithful to them, and will write a story about such a phenomonon. This story may also be one-bombed, but by a different breed of trolls, those who are angry and disappointed that it is NOT about wives cheating on their husbands. Votes such as these are not the only thing keeping scores low but they are the primary thing.

As of December 11, 2006, the highest score among illustrated stories is 4.71. However, low votes in this category are usually not so much about the story as they are about the accompanying illustrations, which have to be drawings or photographs by the author. Most of the drawings are crude and unattractive sketches which will detract from even a well-written story or article. Usually, the photographs that are included as part of illustrated stories are so innocuous, because of restrictions placed on the authors, that they add nothing to the narrative and turn the readers off. They may not launch one-bombs, but votes as low as three or two are not uncommon.

Fans of anal sex rarely launch one-bombs either and, when they do, it is usually going to be for extremely inferior work. Anybody who objects to the genre won't read it. Anal sex will almost always be about a man fucking a woman's ass, so those trolls who object to gay or lesbian sex will also not be heard from. Occasionally, if the story includes interracial sex, another class of trolls may express their bigotry, but most anal stories are not interracial.

That's not to say that even a well-written anal story will never get hit with one-bombs. If, as is usually the case with my writing, the man licks the woman's ass before fucking her there, some readers will consider this to be a disgusting perversion, and will respond by voting as low as possible. Omitting that particular pleasurable act is not the solution, at least not for me, and there are two reasons for that. First, I always regard anilingus as an important part of any anal story. Unless it's a Group Sex tale, where anything is liable to happen, I never write about a cock penetrating a woman's ass without the man's tongue caressing her there first. I did in some of my earlier stories, but I don't any more.

Second, the majority of anal fans feel as I do -- the man's tongue should precede his cock. If it doesn't, they won't usually throw one-bombs, but they won't vote very many fives either. Not only will they not vote high scores, they will add a public comment or email chiding the author for omitting such an important part of the story. Readers of anal stories are, presumably, people who like to perform that sex act also, and think they know just how it should be done to bring maximum pleasure to both participants.

Besides the man not licking the woman's ass, regular readers of anal stories will express dissatisfaction for other reasons, usually by voting 3's and 4's. The story must be up to their standards, and those standards are high. The woman's buttocks must be shapely and unblemished on the outside and lined with smooth, hairless skin on the inside. She does not have an asshole, unless that is a reference to a disagreeable husband or other person in her life. She might have an anus, but usually it's a rosebud, or some other pleasant and descriptive word, and it is always sweet, clean and either pink or brown, depending on her race or ethnicity.

Not only are they very particular about the appearance of the woman's ass, they require that this lovely body part be treated in certain ways, besides anilingus. Lubrication is a must, applied liberally to her rosebud and to his cock. Penetration must be done slowly and with consideration, being careful no part of her anal sphincter or any other loose skin has been caught. Personally, when I read a story where these things are not done, I usually stop reading and vote a two or three, depending on how bad the story had otherwise been up until that point. An exception would be if the story was actually satire, making fun of how fucking is portrayed in porno movies, where the penetration is frequently done with one hard thrust. Anal rape might be another exception, but neither of these kinds of stories would usually be included in the anal category.

Generally speaking, anal stories are stroke, and that's what most readers expect. Mine definitely are, probably even more than most. Those reading stories about anal sex expect down and dirty smut, rather than great literary efforts. For that reason, too much plot or character development might be considered to be a negative quality, not bad enough to rate a one-bomb, but bad enough to garner a low score.

At the same time, nobody wants the smut to begin with the first sentence. There has to be some buildup, some description of the circumstances, some introduction of the characters. Like porn readers everywhere, those who favor anal stories like to be able to imagine themselves in the story, and that requires preliminaries such as these. Once the action has begun, anal readers want to be able to visualize what is happening, which requires descriptions, of what the characters see and feel and hear. This is not unique, of course. All readers want the same things, but it seems like readers of anal stories will react more strongly if they don't get what they want.

What they don't want is clinical type descriptions. Nobody wants to read about inserting Tab A into Slot B, but anal fans abhor such stories more than most. They want to know that everybody is having a wonderful time, and they want to be shown this by painting pictures with words. They want to see her beautiful ass with the soft, satiny skin, and his big, thick cock. They want to hear the cooing and moaning and sighing and purring and whimpering of exquisite pleasure. They want to feel her ass squeezing their cocks as they plunge them slowly in and out, or they want to feel their asses being split wide and their rectums being spread open as his big, thick cock surges deep inside.

If they don't see and hear and feel these things, they will be as miserly with their votes as Scrooge McDuck is with his money.

Boxlicker101
Boxlicker101
3,129 Followers
Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Liteary licence

Now, I feel the need to raise a few questions about this article. You claim that "trolls" will vote with a low score if a story doesn't follow a particular plot which they already have chosen. This thesis seems sound enough to me but I have a few questions to raise in relation to your own treatment of other's works. You say that if there is no analingus before penetration then you stop reading and vote at 2 or 3, similarlly you dislike certain phrases "asshole" is the example I believe you use.

Now, it appears to me that you are trying to perscribe a formula for writers to stick to. But this is a site of personal sexual expression and if, for instance, someone did not want to include analingus into their story who are you to comdemn it? In the real world, i like to perform cunnilingus on my girlfriend before penetrative sex, however this does not mean that I do it every time. Varitey in a sex life is what keeps it interesting, doing the same thing everytime gets boring very quickly. The same principle applies to literature, if each anal story followed a flow-chart like plot then by reading one story, you have essentially read every story.

This is not something that we want.

Therefore, if you want to claim that you do not like certain things, then go ahead, but you can't then call people trolls for doing the same things even if their trollishness is based in racism or antiquated ideas and yours is just a culturally excepted personal preferance.

Additionally, I don't see how you can make claims about the readers of the anal articals likes and dislikes, if you have some reliable source, please do enlighten us.

Yours

Jamie (jimbob_barnes@msn.com if you want to reply)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Interesting discussion

Besides terrible writing, the one thing that tempts me to downrate stories in the anal category is when the characters use condoms - I mean, c'mon, it sucks having to use condoms for anal in real life, why would I want to read about it in a piece of frickin' fiction? I guess if it's an account of actual events, the condoms might stay in for accuracy's sake, but in a made up story, I say leave 'em out...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
So What?

Methinks Ol’ Box is getting a little defensive, considering how much space he used up to defend ass licking which he asserts is a key component of his stories. I’ll have to take his word for it because I’ve never read one of his stories, and I do not intend to do so. Curiously, it seems the only feedback Box likes is from people who approve of such an act…and everyone else is a troll. (Being a troll must be a really bad thing based on the way Box refers to them.) Have I got that about correct? I think I do, so I’ll continue.

Look, writers who post on LE put their works “out there” for review, whether they allow voting or commentary…or not. Authors of books do the same and they have to put up with critical reviews too. A buyer, walking into Barnes & Ignoble, should (I certainly do) read those reviews before investing $20 or whatever the going rate is in your local. That buyer then “votes” for the content, story line, plot development, dialogue, etc., etc., of that book by either buying the book, or the buyer withholds a “good” vote by not making the purchase.

Here at LE, one reviews stories for the things the reader wants to see in a story and if a reader finds the writer has not met those expectations, the reader is entitled to vote any way on that sliding scale (and for whatever reason) they see fit. Why should they not? Just because they read a story, they’re obligated to “like” it and give the writer a thumb up? Certainly not. How can you possibly expect that?

Look, Tom Clancy put out a clunker a few years back that was voted on by lots of “non-buyers.” They gave it zeros, if you want to look at it in that fashion. The reviews on the book were terrible (rightly so, in my estimation) and he did his darndest to atone by getting another on the market very quickly (too quickly, in my estimation) that WOULD meet his readers’ expectations. That’s the way the game is played.

Frankly, if you just MUST include something you know in advance is going to offend the sensibilities of some of your readers, hey…go for it. But don’t expect kudos for doing it! What kind of sense does that make?

If you’re on a righteous campaign to make sure one particular sex act is explored over and over again, I’m not sure why you’re doing it…but it IS totally up to you. To me, it would seem the point was made already and it’s now getting redundant, but you’re entitled to feel differently. Personally, I’ve never been one for pounding my head against a brick wall.

On the other hand, if your goal in writing is to write a story that gets a rating above 4.80 (or whatever), then write a story the reviewers can identify with instead of something they cannot. Don’t moan about readers who give you low marks because of something YOU don’t consider a valid point. The point those readers are making is as valid as yours, if only you would see it.

As for me, I’m going to keep on trolling in the “Loving Wives” category (the only story type I read) and I’ll keep slamming writers who can’t string two sentences together in a logical pattern OR who base their stories on male humiliation, and deciding their male protagonists MUST be wimps. I don’t confine myself to using one criteria or the other and I won’t stop writing those reviews.

Hey, good luck with your future endeavors, okay?

Rod HardwickRod Hardwickabout 17 years ago
Odd trolls

Good insights. One thing I've always found very interesting about the trolls, though, is their selection. From what I've seen, stories involving slut-wives and cuckold husbands are the only ones on this site that get condemnation from a moral standpoint. Sure, many stories get panned because of poor writing or unbelievable characters and bad dialogue, but I don’t think that any stories besides “slut-wife” stories actually get trolled because of the morality of the characters’ actions.

I find it interesting that these people feel the need to condemn those who fantasize about an unfaithful wife, but ignore stories that feature far more taboo subjects, like rape or incest. Why is it that these trolls leave nasty comments about slut-wife stories, but ignore stories about mothers having sex with their sons, brothers and sisters going at it, or fathers raping their daughters? I would think those stories would be more morally offensive.

For the record, I’m not bashing any of these stories or authors. Everybody’s got their own fantasies. I was just curious about troll psychology.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
We may not know art, but we know what we like

I guess I'm ignorant, but I hadn't thought of this collection in what amounts to marketing terms. Interesting: suddenly I feel like I'm wanking with an audience (whoops, wrong section).

It's interesting to consider others' preferences in this section: it seems so feelthy, nasty & un-PC that chatting hardly seems appropriate.

Anyway, I guess I'll give my two comments: I like the variety: people with their obsessions (and no writing skills) sometimes manage more sincerely hot stories than those who seems to be writing to a formula. On the other hand, many of the obsessive stories are too disgustive to read. The other thing I like are the women writers who talk at length of the feelings (emotional & physical) that go along with their enjoyment of getting fucked in the ass. There aren't a lot, but some of them make my head explode, virtually.

Anyway, good job, Boxlicker. Keep up the good work.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Susan's Tits Man begins an ANR (Adult Nursing Relationship).in Fetish
A Full Bladder Challenge University friends test their bladders.in Fetish
Mommy's Tits I push boundaries at the Porn Theater.in Fetish
Rag Doll Quadriplegic Girl's first time as a quad.in Fetish
The Clinic Bondage, tease from toys, denial and forced orgasm.in Toys & Masturbation
More Stories