The Most Valuable Gift

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You have to see a judge about the... violence of your response?" Angie asked Ed, her brows drawn together in worry.

"Yes, I've booked a day off in January for the summons. The police officer said it was a formality as all of the evidence showed it was self-defence." Ed replied calmly.

Angie's head whipped around to look at Zoe who had the most innocent look on her face. "You! You led me to believe Ed could go to jail for defending you!"

"Actually I said nothing of the sort. I merely mentioned he would go to court to see if criminal charges should be brought against him. I just left out the part about it being unlikely." Zoe smiled. Rachel was wearing an enormous grin though she covered it with her hand to stifle a snort. She knew exactly what Zoe was up to and she loved her friend for doing it before she had the chance.

Angie's mouth was working but no words came out. Finally she managed to squeak one out.

"Why?"

"You needed to be honest about your feelings for Ed! Especially to yourself! Ed's been nothing but honest about his feelings for you!" Zoe barked at her friend. "Loving him and being loved in return does not diminish what you had with Danny. Maybe that kind of love comes once in a lifetime but it's not the only kind of love and every kind should be treasured!"

Angie looked ashamed. Ed reached over and stroked her cheek. "Enough." he said gently. "No more angry words. If Angie can find a tiny place in her heart for me I'm happy. I don't want to replace her husband. That was magical! I would have loved to have met him. He sounds like an awesome man."

Angie's eyes teared up again and she held Ed's palm against her cheek. "Danny would have really liked you too."

Ed's stomach chose that moment to announce its displeasure at being so empty.

The women all laughed at his embarrassed blush.

Rachel stood up and patted his shoulder on the way by. "I'll make you a sandwich."

"Could I have two?" he asked.

"Yes, you can have two." She turned back and gave him a quick kiss on the mouth. He smiled in surprise at her and she skipped out of his reach to make him lunch. She felt like a kid again.

Angie took Ed's hand and got his attention. He was like a big kid sometimes. Once he was looking at her she fixed her eyes on his.

"How badly did you hurt Luis?" she asked carefully.

Ed's eyes slid away from hers as a look of discomfort passed over his features. "I heard I pulled his arms off but I don't recall... exactly. I don't even know why I decided to do that. My head was hurting pretty bad so I had a fair amount to drink. I was also hungry and tired. Then he said he was going to hurt Zoe... again."

Something feral flashed behind his eyes. Zoe and Angie sucked in a quiet breath and shared a look.

"I couldn't let him do that. So I stopped him. That's all I really remember," Ed shrugged looking at the tabletop. Angie looked over at Zoe.

"While Ed was out shoveling this morning I got to talk with the cop. He had the medical report and since he knew Luis raped me he shared it with me. Luis' wrist bones were completely shattered. His elbows were dislocated. His shoulders were dislocated and there was a considerable amount of soft tissue and vascular tearing in both arms especially at the shoulder joints." Angie and Rachel were listening intently and Ed was trying not to listen at all as he felt queasy. "Six broken ribs and a cracked sternum. Luis is going to lose his arms. They'll have to amputate both at the shoul-"

Ed was up and racing for the small washroom. He heaved over the toilet until he became aware of soft hands rubbing his back. As he sat back a cool, damp facecloth wiped his face and he mumbled a thank you.

"I'm sorry Ed. I should have spared you the details." Zoe said from the doorway where she stood with Angie.

Rachel was kneeling next to Ed and handed him a glass of water. "Rinse and spit then drink the rest."

He looked at her fondly and she gestured for him to do it, though she had the hint of a smile on her lips.

Once Ed had himself sorted out he went back to the table and Rachel finished making him lunch. His stomach settled down so he was able to eat. While he ate his sandwiches Rachel brought out a vegetable stick tray with dip and the others nibbled at that and talked about the party. Ed remembered something. He waited for a moment to inject a comment into the conversation. Finally he raised his hand and they looked at him with grins.

"Are we talking too much Edward?" Rachel asked.

"No, I'd just like to say something," he replied.

"The floor is yours," she grinned.

"I met Victoria Rutledge at the prison last night. Her family has shunned her. No one visited her in prison. Her daughters are in England with her parents. Her lawyer managed to get her out of prison and she'll be released Christmas day. She has no one to go home to. I- I invited her to join us. I hope you don't mind."

Rachel looked a little upset at first but reined it in and nodded. Angie also nodded to Ed. "That's a very nice thing you did. Of course she's welcome."

Ed finished his lunch and by the end he was fading. He stood up and put his plate in the dishwasher and gave each of the ladies a kiss as he announced he was off to take a shower and a nap. He slogged up the stairs and walked into his room. He closed the door and sighed, looking at the bed. Soon.

He walked into his washroom and brushed his teeth. Then he pulled off his clothes which went directly into the bin. He loved his shower. He loved the room Rachel let him use but he especially appreciated the shower as the one he'd used back in Shirley's basement had been so small! He got the water running nice and hot and turned on the overhead rain-shower showerhead. The hot water was so good and he felt his muscles soaking in the heat and begin to relax. He hadn't realized how tense he'd been.

He closed his eyes and just stood there for a few minutes enjoying the pure sensual experience.

He started when he felt a soft body press against his back. The soft tits were pressing against his back and lips were gently kissing his shoulders. He peered over his shoulder and saw wet, white blond hair. Angie.

He tried to turn but her arms tightened around his chest.

"I want you to know how sorry I am Ed for putting you through that pain. I was so confused. Love meant one thing to me. I realize now how wrong I was. I was willing to deny myself love to protect an ideal that didn't need protection. I- I love you Ed."

Ed wouldn't be denied any longer. He turned in her arms and took her face between his hands. His mouth found hers, her lips soft, willing and hungry. His tongue caressed hers and he sucked it gently into his mouth and she clung to him as she moaned.

His hands moved down to squeeze her firm ass cheeks and she ground herself against him.

He pulled back from the kiss and moved his mouth down to her tits, sucking the nipples into his mouth and thrashing them with his tongue.

"Oh FUCK, ED! YES, that feels- AHHHH!'

He gently scraped his teeth over her areolas and tugged on her stiff nipples with his teeth. Angie ground her pelvis against his, feeling his thick cock pressing against her. Fuck he felt so hot!

Ed suddenly knelt before Angie and pressed his mouth to her pussy.

"FUUUUUUCCCKKK! OH FUCK! ED! GEEZUS ED! OH! NNNNNNNGGGG!!!!" she wailed as he sank two thick fingers into her wet channel and sucked on her lower lips. Her fingers went into his hair as she held him tight against her while he pumped his fingers into her.

Ed looked up and was entranced by Angie's raw beauty as she looked down into his eyes while she gasped and shook through her rapture. Her tight stomach muscles were rippling and trembling from the waves of pleasure shooting through her nerves. He could tell she was getting close.

He slipped his fingers out and ran them quickly over his stiff cock. He pulled his mouth back and Angie's look became desperate. Ed stood and lifted her with his hands under her ass. She didn't even have time to gasp before Ed's cock found its mark and drove into her. He reached bottom in one stroke and she threw her head back as the sensation overwhelmed her.

Ed lifted Angie and slammed her back down, his pelvis slapping hers wetly. He sped up his motions as he felt his body ramping up for a release.

"AAAHH! AAAHH! FUUHH! NNNGG! FAAAA!" Angie cried out each time their bodies slapped roughly together. Ed was growling with his need for her. His movements sped up again and Angie felt like she was losing touch with her body as her mind began to float on a cloud of energy.

When Ed leaned Angie's back against the cold tiles she shrieked in shock and her mind returned to her body fast. Ed's hips began to drive up into Angie in short quick strokes like a machine. This position allowed Ed to free up a hand to squeeze her large breast and gently roll and tug on her nipple.

"ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! ED! FUCK I'M CUMMING!!! I'M CUMMING! OH GEEZUS! CUMMING! ED! ED! OHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUUUUUUCK!!!" Angie cried out and her legs shook uncontrollably as she gushed through an intense orgasm.

Ed's climax crashed over his senses and he tried to hold himself as still as he could as his body twitched and ground against her.

Both sagged and breathed hoarsely after their bodies finally finished their surges.

Ed carefully lifted Angie clear and she hissed as her abused flesh protested. Ed's cock was looking a little raw as well. He gently set her back on her feet but her legs wouldn't support her so he carried her under the spray and they rinsed off. Ed shut off the water and they stepped out onto the carpet. He wrapped a towel around her and sat her on the toilet. He dried himself off as she rubbed the towel over her body weakly. She looked as tired as he did.

"I think we could both use a nap," he suggested and she nodded with a smile. Once she was dry he lifted her in his arms once more and carried her to his bed. He used her feet to push the comforter down as she giggled at his efforts then he laid her down on the mattress. He moved to the other side and climbed in under the covers as well. He pulled her close and she sighed as she felt his body touching hers. Ed wanted to ask Angie where Rachel and Zoe had gone but before he could she was asleep and he wasn't far behind.

-=-

Ed woke suddenly feeling a soft hand caressing his cheek. He was gasping for breath and his body felt like it was shaking apart. Something about that flared a horrifying image in his mind and he cried out again.

"Shhh, Ed! It's ok. It was just a bad dream! Shhhh!" a soft voice whispered to him.

He panted for breath and let his muscles slowly relax. His surroundings came back to him. His bed. His bedroom. Angie lying next to him with compassion and love glowing in her eyes.

"It's over, Ed. The nightmare is over."

Ed's tormented mind drew him back to the moment he'd crippled Luis. The feel of the bone fragments grinding in his strong grip. The sickening sensation of tearing and popping ligaments and ripping muscle tissue. The sudden give of bones snapping under his boot. It all suddenly rushed back to him and he shuddered and shook as cold flashes rushed down his spine. Everything clouded by the booze and suppressed in his mind from that moment had been faithfully recorded in his memory. He recalled the depth and magnitude of the rage he'd felt when he'd punished Luis. It felt alien and it frightened him. Deeply.

She knew he was reliving the attack in the bar. She knew what he needed. "There was no other choice Ed. You protected Zoe. Luis would have killed you both. I'm so proud of you. We all are. We love you."

He clung to Angie, pressing his face to her soft bosom as he shivered, tears running down his cheeks. She held him, running her fingers through his hair and felt him slowly relaxing until he slipped back into an exhausted sleep at last.

Chapter 15

Matinee Movie Day on Christmas Eve was a tradition for Ed and Grace. He'd been a little nervous about Grace being able to do it this year with her hectic course schedule but she assured him that school was out and her assignments were caught up so she was free for the day.

They'd picked a brainless, over the top action brain candy movie as that had also become a tradition in recent years. Ed paid for the tickets and walked Grace to the concession stand to load up on salty, sugary treats. It still bothered Ed how much he was charged for the junk food but the smile on Grace's face made up for it.

They cuddled together after lifting the armrest between their seats and prepared for their game of hit-or-miss when the previews began.

"I told you Monster Trucks in Outer Space was going to be a flop!" Grace said smugly.

"The lack of an audience with a sophisticated enough palate for such a fine movie is not the movie's fault." Ed said to her with his nose in the air.

Grace busted out into a bark of laughter causing her to be shushed from multiple spots in the theatre. Ed grinned at her look of outrage.

"The movie hasn't even begun! Wankers!" she yelled.

Ed scrunched himself down a little though he was too big to really hide himself. Wait a minute. He looked over at Grace.

"Since when do you say 'Wankers'?"

Grace smiled at Ed's look of surprise. "It's become a new favorite. A bunch of us in class have adopted it. That and a few other phrases." She turned her face back to the screen. "One of our group is a recent immigrant from Jolly Ol' England. Lawrence Phipps. He's a really funny guy and he has an awesome accent! Very smart and very charming," she teased, watching Ed from the corner of her eye. Her smile dropped when she saw Ed's look of despair.

"Ed! I was just teasing you! I have no romantic feelings for him!" she said placing her hand on Ed's arm.

"I'm sorry Grace. I've just been very confused lately. My emotions are all over the place and I don't understand how I'm supposed to behave or deal with these insecurities. In some ways it was simpler when I was living with you and Shirley and I was secretly in love with you. My simple brain could deal with that situation. Being in love with one woman, even when it wasn't returned, I could deal with that."

"Ed you know it was returned!" she interrupted.

He nodded. "Yes, but at the time I didn't know. My point is that... the math was simpler then. One man. One woman." A troubled look passed over his face. "Now I find myself in love with six women and I have no clue how to behave." He gazed into Grace's eyes. "I just had a terrible surge of jealousy when you were talking about the fancy British man and at the same time my mind is screaming at me that I have no right to expect you to be faithful to me. But the idea of you being with another man-" Ed's eyes flared and he closed them tightly. Grace felt a shudder pass through his body.

"Ed! Shhh! I'm not with him. I don't want to be with him! I want you! I'm in love with you!" Grace pressed her forehead against the side of his head and whispered to him, feeling him slowly begin to relax.

"How can I be so jealous? Where do I get off expecting any of you to not find a better mate? Someone smart and funny, who can have smart and funny conversations and challenge your minds!" Ed's emotions were going off the rails again.

Grace could see Ed wasn't going to enjoy the movie so she stood and picked up her drink and popcorn. "Get your stuff and follow me."

Ed scrambled to follow as Grace left the theatre. He found her standing by a table in the snack bar seating area. She pointed to a seat and once he was in it she asked him for the tickets to the movie. She got them exchanged for the next showing then sat down next to him.

Grace took his hands in hers. "A woman doesn't mind when her man gets a little jealous but she also expects her man to trust her not to do anything to jeopardize their relationship. Being friends with another man and some innocent flirting is not a sign that a woman is looking for a new boyfriend. That's just normal behavior and it makes people feel good. Going beyond flirting means something entirely different and that trouble usually begins with a communication problem. I can't speak for the others but I'm not interested in other men. I'm in love with you and you're all I need. I know you'll be honest with me and you haven't hidden the fact that you are in love with the others. Loving them doesn't mean you love me less, does it?" Ed shook his head with wide eyes and she smiled. "I didn't think so." She stroked his cheek with her hand and he smiled. "When did you start worrying about this?"

"When I was in New York with Angie and she told me I couldn't be in love with her because I was in love with you. That got me to wondering if the others felt that way, even a little bit, and thinking about how greedy I must seem. I felt really bad but I can't help what my heart feels. I'd never lie to you or hide something from you or the others but I made Angie so unhappy by telling her. I didn't know what to do. I felt so much better when I talked with you and Rachel when I got back but I was still really sorry I'd hurt Angie." Grace smiled at Ed and kissed his hands.

"When I took Zoe to the prison I was worried how I'd react around her, especially after what happened with Angie. You know how confused Zoe makes me. When that bad man started to make her scared and sad I... I got really possessive of her. Like I just did when you mentioned that guy at your school. Only with Zoe I was drunk and he was going to kill us." Ed shuddered as he flashed through the memory. Grace squeezed his hands to comfort him and it did.

"This jealousy and possessiveness... I never knew I could feel like that. I don't like how they make me feel. I don't like the kind of person they make me feel like I'm becoming when they get in my head."

"Everyone feels those emotions from time to time. Understanding them and being on guard against them is natural. I feel that way about you too but I know you love me and I've been able to set aside the jealousy when you are with our friends. Only because I know how strong our love is." Grace said gently.

Ed scooped her up onto his lap and squeezed her tight. He kissed her tenderly and she moaned softly in his arms. When he pulled back from the kiss he rested his forehead against hers.

"Please tell me you'll never leave me! I need you so much!" he whispered to her.

"Oh Ed! You have me for life!" she gasped.

He hugged her and they sat like that for a while just enjoying the intimacy of their bond. He felt so safe in Grace's arms. She could explain anything to him without him feeling like an idiot.

Grace loved Ed's big arms wrapped around her. It felt like the strongest armor imaginable. Recalling what he did to that creep Luis just made her feel safer.

Finally Grace slipped to her feet, picked up her snacks and pulled Ed over to the games area. They had some time to kill until the next showing.

-=-

After a largely forgettable movie they decided to finish their day with dinner at the restaurant they went for their first date. Not surprisingly it was very busy so they wandered through the mall, trying not to get trampled by the last minute desperate buyers.

"Grace, I have a terrible confession to make," Ed said with a sigh.

She looked over at him with a smirk as she knew he couldn't keep any deep, dark secrets. "What is it?"

"My Christmas shopping sucked this year! I didn't get a chance to get any serious shopping done. Work was so busy and when I did get to shop in New York every place Angie took me was so expensive I couldn't afford anything! I got little things but I'm ashamed with how little I managed to get."

Grace laughed at his pout and he looked at her in surprise. "Oh Ed, I wouldn't worry too much about the presents," she said giving him a sweet smile.

1...1920212223...27