The Muse

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,640 Followers

The back of the room opened to a kitchen separated from the great room by a counter with three

stools pushed under it. There was an empty tiled space for a table. Although sparsely furnished, it seemed clean and orderly. There weren't any dishes rotting in the sink like you would find in my apartment. Richard grabbed the remote control and hit a few buttons and mellow music came from the wall-mounted flat panel.

"Not really used to visitors," Richard said as an excuse for the sparseness.

"It fits you." I smiled. It was pretty much what I expected. I was surprised by the art that was being displayed on the computer screen. It was an eclectic mix of modern and traditional with a few illustrations mixed in. He saw where my eyes were going.

"It's what inspires me when I get stuck," Richard explained, "I kind of pace around and one of those works will trigger some thoughts and another couple of pages will jump out." He shrugged his shoulders. "Strange, but it works." I just nodded. A picture of purple roses flashed on the screen, it caught my eye because it was the only landscape type picture I had seen. It also was a picture of me and half of my friend Cathy. I looked at his red face.

"God's flower," Richard explained and squirmed, "it's the only one I have. That's the limit of my stalking." I tried to hold my stern expression, but gave up and laughed. Richard smiled with relief. "I forgot that was there. I took it with my phone and kept it because the readers liked you so much."

"I inspire you," I pointed out in a flirtatious way.

"For many years," Richard added. He nonetheless wiggled the mouse to stop the images. A word processor full of paragraphs appeared instead. "I have some wine. I usually drink a glass while I work," he said as he moved toward the kitchen. He pulled out a half-full bottle of white. "Would you like some?"

"Please," I answered and moved toward the kitchen to shorten the delivery. "What are you going to write tonight?" I asked as he handed me a half-full wine glass.

"Well, strangely, Melissa stopped by Adam's apartment to explain the shooting," Richard replied - he seemed pleased with himself, "Adam was so jazzed that she came back, he took her out to dinner before getting the apology. I had left them at the restaurant when you found me leaving for dinner."

"No way!" I exclaimed.

"Your timing was perfect," Richard stated, "and the kissing excellent. I am going to kiss-and-tell. I hope you don't mind."

"No way," I said again and headed toward his computer. The manuscript was on the screen so I scrolled back a few paragraphs and read. I could hear Richard snickering behind me. Sure enough, a modified version of what happened this afternoon was elegantly portrayed in words. Adam's apartment was nicer, the restaurant was French and Melissa was a lot prettier. I felt Richard comb his fingers through my hair as I read. I leaned into it subconsciously. My God, I liked how he described me, Melissa. I got up out of the chair.

"Write some more," I said giving him a quick kiss. I don't think he knew the kiss was for his magic words, but he smiled and sat down. I have never seen an author at work. His fingers moved so quickly, forming sentences that morphed into paragraphs. His word choices were so natural and fluid. Every once in a while, he would stall for a moment, backspace over a word and use another, then continue as if it wasn't disruptive. At times he was typing as fast as I was reading.

I refilled my wine, pulled a stool from the kitchen and put it next to the desk. I sat, lightly massaging his neck, as I read the words that poured from him. Our earlier conversation as Adam and Melissa appeared on the page, slightly modified, but essentially the same. I absently sipped my wine as Richard described Adam's infatuation. When he portrayed my breasts, I blushed. I had no idea anyone would consider my breasts so intoxicating. I was heating up inside. I moved my fingers to behind Richard's ear as Adam leaned into Melissa for the kiss. Richard stalled there, thinking.

I leaned down from the stool, wine on my lips, and passionately kissed Richard. He responded by kissing me back. I, ever so lightly, flicked my tongue across his lips. I felt a shudder travel through him. Our tongues danced to the soft music and my body stirred. I was about to crawl down onto his lap when he pushed me away and attacked the keyboard. My disappointment was short-lived as he recalled our kiss in words. He wrote what he felt and I felt what he wrote. I didn't know it could be put into words. I was breathing heavily as his passion poured out of him. He reached the end of the kiss and Melissa's lips moved across Adam's cheek to his ear. Richard stopped there with a set of quotes - he was waiting for words from Melissa.

I crawled into Richard's lap. I felt his arousal as he let me take over the keyboard. I typed:

"Take me," Melissa breathed.

Richard pushed the chair back, cradled me in his arms and stood almost effortlessly. His strength was surprising, his confidence intoxicating. I wrapped my hands around his neck and leaned my head against his shoulder. He carried me to the bedroom, smothering me with kisses along the way.

Richard stood me beside the bed. I was flustered he hadn't laid me down. Slowly, he ran his hands down my sides, lightly grasping the hem of my shirt. He was going to undress me, standing. I was shaking in his hazel eyes. I wanted the door closed so full darkness could conceal me. He kissed my neck as his fingers dragged along my skin, lifting my shirt. I lifted my arms, wanting to hide, but wanting to stay.

I closed my eyes as Richard pulled my shirt over my head. I wished I had worn a sexier bra. Something frilly and not so functional. I was afraid to open my eyes as he reached around for the clasp. I moved in closer, hiding what I could. He was so commanding in his actions, I wanted to please him, but felt worried the reality would never live up to his words. It should be dark the first time.

My bra dropped off my arms and floated to the floor. Richard could see me now. I could feel my insides cringing. I didn't know where to put my hands. "I got it all wrong," he whispered, "you are so much more beautiful than I imagined." I melted into his words as his hand cupped my breast. I covered his hand with mine, encouraging his exploration as warmth spread between my legs. I gave myself to him that first night and he used me so blissfully.

An insistent buzzing broke my slumber. I hadn't felt so relaxed in a bed in years. My body just wanted to lie there, enjoying its jellied muscles. The buzz forced my eyes open. A smiling face with lovely hazel eyes and a disorderly mop of brown hair greeted me. "Good morning," Richard said. I smiled, realizing I was half exposed, but comfortable in his eyes. He knew every part of me now. I loved that he kept looking. The buzzing continued and I realized it was my phone.

I crawled across Richard, naked, following the buzz to locate where my pants had landed. I laughed when a warm hand caressed my ass, sending a tingle to a very exhausted part of my body. The man was insatiable and I loved that I was his target.

I fished out my phone, just as it quit buzzing. The screen said I had missed four calls from Janice. I showed it to Richard as I curled up into the nook of his shoulder. "Have we made her sweat enough?" I conspired. He kissed me and thought about it. I felt his hand gently roaming my body, caressing my back at the top of my butt. I could have spent the day right there in his arms.

The phone started buzzing again. Janice must have been frantic. Richard nodded so I answered it.

"Where have you been?" Janice asked, sounding every bit like an irritated mother. I looked at the clock. It was only six. This was going to be good.

"Trying to apologize to Richard," I answered innocently. Richard was wearing a wonderful grin. He was really going to enjoy this. "You just woke me up," I added to forestall her questions about her previous attempts.

"Did he accept? Is he okay?" Janice's questions were a bit frantic. I could hear her concern and it was more than just the paycheck.

"I tried twice, but he kind of changed the subject." I was smiling now and hoping it didn't translate to my tone. "He is really hard to apologize to."

"But he's talking to you. That's a good sign," Janice said, obviously calculating my words. I almost burst out laughing. Richard had his hand over his mouth holding back his own outburst. "He won't answer his phone. Do you think you can get him to call me?" She almost sounded like she was begging. I felt sorry for her and didn't want to continue the game any longer. Richard just shrugged his shoulders, leaving it up to me.

"If you want, you can talk with him right now," I said in my innocent voice. Richard rolled his eyes, but I could tell he was done with the game too. The silence on the other end was deafening. I was sure Janice was checking the time and adding in the fact that she had just woke me up.

"I'm interrupting..." Janice stumbled out the words. I didn't know what to say so I handed the phone to Richard.

"Good morning, Janice," Richard announced. He was loving our surprise and it came out in his tone. I decided to make it a bit more difficult for him and even the odds for Janice. I ran my hand up his thigh and between his legs. Memories of last night flooded back. Richard was squirming.

"Everything...is fine." Richard was having trouble with his words as I brought him back to life. I was his toy last night. I decided he would be mine this morning. I dropped my head under the sheets.

"No...Janice, I'm fine... the book is fine," Richard stammered. I took him in my mouth, tasting the both of us. I loved how he jerked and the deep sigh I received. He was putty in my hands. "Look, I'll call you back...in an hour... maybe two." I heard the phone being placed on the night stand. Richard tried to sit up, to take control. I pushed his chest back down. My toy - my fireman. It was three hours before we talked with Janice again.

Richard was washing my back in the shower when I told him I was going to call Janice. I felt badly that I helped tease her. "You really don't owe her anything," Richard said humorously as his hands worked on the small of my back. I loved the feel of hands there, I sensed he loved it just as much. I leaned my head back, and he instinctively leaned forward for a quick kiss. We were in sync. Words weren't as necessary anymore.

"She sent me to you," I moaned as he nuzzled my neck. I laughed as he pulled back, with a mouth full of soap, sputtering like a five-year-old tasting Brussels sprouts. I cupped my hand under the shower and dowsed his mouth, then kissed him properly to test the cleanliness.

"Then, maybe, I should call her." Richard smiled.

"You would just torture her some more," I said and tapped Richard's nose with my finger, "she deserves at least some truth before you give her more gray hairs." He pulled me close. My wet skin to his, warm water caressing us both.

"Did I tell you how much I loved this morning?" Richard asked for the fourth time. I could feel his excitement growing again. I teasingly ran my hand down his stomach and lightly ran my fingers through his sparse pubic hairs.

"You promised me breakfast," I teased, "you'll wear me to skin and bones, Lover." In truth, I was famished. My body was begging for a break. Just a short one to replenish its strength. One part of me was willing to let me starve to death. I ignored her out of self preservation.

"Okay, okay, I'll feed you, but I can't promise I'll be a gentleman for long," Richard joked softly. It was going to be a wonderfully long weekend. He guided me under the water to rinse my back. I watched his eyes drink me in. I loved the way he looked at me. Somewhere, lost in the literary ether, Melissa was green with envy.

Richard let me talk with Janice alone. I sat on the steps, outside his condo, half way down to the River Walk. It was actually a pretty tranquil spot.

"What were you thinking?" Janice huffed. I could tell she had been stewing since this morning. I needed to set her straight so we could talk. I hated to sound nasty, but ground rules needed to be established.

"I guarantee you don't want to interfere with this," I stated firmly. I know she felt like Richard needed her care. She was thinking like a mother. "It just happened and we are very happy it did." There was an extended pause.

"You're right," Janice conceded softly, "I have a lot invested in Richard and I'm not talking about money. I care about him and this caught me by surprise. I'd hate to see him hurt." I smiled knowing we at least had a partial understanding. I also sensed a bit of jealousy. I think she liked the idea of Richard needing only her.

"You and me both," I agreed, "I don't think you realize how much he values you. You would think you were his sister. He made me leave you in the dark just to tease you."

"He didn't!" I could hear the smile in her voice. I didn't tell her about the drinks. I was going to save that one for later. There was no need to tempt fate.

"He is more devious than you know," I conveyed, "I was more upset about the coffee than he was." I paused for a second as a thought struck me. I wondered if my coming out here was all part of Richard's plan.

"I guess I just never imagined Richard with a girlfriend," Janice said and then added with a chuckle, "you know I'll end up calling you when he doesn't answer his phone."

"I can live with that," I said, "of course, I have to be back at work on Monday so I may not be a lot of help."

"You guys haven't worked out any logistics yet," Janice stated. I hadn't thought much past the weekend. Everything was so new.

"No, we haven't thought out much past breakfast," I admitted, "it just hasn't come up yet."

"Then I'll stay out of your hair this weekend," Janice said, "tell Richard I will call him on Monday." The conversation ended with a set of goodbyes and a promise to stay in touch. I was happy we at least understood each other. I liked how she snuck in the need to talk about the future. It was rather motherly-like and necessary. I didn't relish the idea of a long distance romance.

Richard and I ate breakfast at a small coffee bistro. The temperature was cool, but comfortable, so we chose to sit outside. I think Richard enjoyed the lack of walls hemming him in with other people. I was just pleased with the weather. We traded reading lists that morning. He was an ecliptic reader, dabbling in a bunch of genres. He had a particular like for history and preferred that to most fiction. I thought that was strange for a popular fiction writer.

I rattled off my last few titles, all romance, and Richard just smiled. Of course, he already documented it in his books. Richard confessed he had never read anything in the romance category. He made the comment, "I only read real books." He said it with a smile and meant it teasingly. I bit, and made a deal. He would read a romance of my choice and he could pick a book for me. He accepted the challenge quickly, making me wonder if I just got sucked into a raw deal.

A young couple had stopped at the end of the walkway and were pointing in our direction while having some kind of discussion. It seemed the man was adamant and his companion just wanted to keep moving. I thought they were probably pointing at the bistro. I was proved wrong quickly. The smiling man dragged the reluctant woman to the table. I caught Richard's quick grimace.

"You know you are the spitting image of Melissa," the man was speaking to me. I looked at myself like an idiot. I was wearing my Berkeley hoodie to ward off the cool morning. 'Shit.'

"Melissa? Who's Melissa?" I feigned ignorance.

"Come on, Todd. Let these people eat in peace," the woman said, trying to pull her partner along.

"Melissa. From the Adam Westlake novels," the man persisted. I was about to reiterate my ignorance when a masculine voice from the table behind us chimed in.

"He's right, you know. I was thinking the same thing." The man's voice was chorused by a few grunts of approval from people sitting with him. Richard just smiled and placed his hand over my shoulder, possessing me.

"The hair, the shirt and your eyes are perfect," the standing man said. His partner was less than thrilled with his descriptions. I felt Richard's muscles tighten.

"You're certainly as pretty as in the books," a new voice from the table behind chimed it. I flushed at the compliment.

"I'm sorry, I really don't know what you're..." Our waiter quickly joined in over my words.

"You're the spitting image, Ma'am," the waiter agreed, "I just read about that hoodie a few nights ago. I felt three light taps from Richard's finger on my shoulder. I had to agree with him this time. I feigned looking at my watch.

"Oh, Richard, we're going to be late," I said in exasperation, "I'm sorry guys. I guess I'll have to read those books and find out what you are all talking about." Richard and I stood. He laid a couple of twenties on the table and we left quickly.

We were half a block away when I heard Richard let out the breath he was holding. I looked up at him and he just stared forward. He didn't like me seeing his weakness. The grip he had on my hand relaxed and we continued walking. I steered us into a secluded offshoot where an open-backed, curved bench sat, surrounded by a set of thick bushes with rubbery leaves. I didn't like him not looking at me.

Richard sat with a sigh. I straddled his lap, my legs hanging down behind him. He couldn't not look at me now. "What did it feel like?" I asked softly. He didn't answer right away. I could see him calculating, wondering if telling me was the right thing to do.

"Suffocating...Ambushed...Like I am a child facing my parents after breaking the lamp. No control and a lot of fear," Richard said with his eyes closed. I could see the pain in the tightness of his forehead. At least he could describe it.

"And now?" I cradled his head in my hands.

"Ashamed." Richard opened his hazel eyes. I could see the strength hidden behind his anxiety. I pulled his lips to mine. I felt his strength again. I ran my hands to the back of his neck and gave him my passion. He returned it.

"And now?" I asked when I broke the kiss.

"Shamefully horny," Richard answered with humor back in his eyes. I smiled. At least my kiss could take away the shame.

"You write too well," I acknowledged, "I'm going to have to retire this hoodie. Maybe change my hair." Richard reached up and ran his fingers through my hair.

"No, I really like it this way," he said honestly, "it's you now. I can't imagine it any other way." I sent a private prayer of thanks to the stylist who talked me into it. "It was your beauty they recognized. I can't blame them - I have been mesmerized for years."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked stupidly and realized it almost immediately, "No, don't answer that." I kissed him again and moved my lips across his cheek to his ear and whispered, "You can tell me anything you want now." I felt a happy tremor run through his body. I nibbled on his ear and another tremor was followed by a quick intake of breath. I smiled and experimented by sighing audibly at the base of his earlobe. I could feel his erection growing through his pants. I pulled back from his ear, smiling.

"You have horny ears," I said proudly. I am sure my face was beaming at my erogenous discovery. I reached under my butt and felt his arousal to prove my point. My new power went straight to my head and I felt myself getting wet. I briefly considered trying to get away with a quickie right there behind the bushes.

DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,640 Followers