The Neru'bian Chronicles Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was custom that one entering Mother Gaia should walk to her base as a sign of respect before ascending to her branches. Once they had reached the base they both ascended to branch height then ran along the different branches diving and twisting and propelling themselves gracefully until they arrived at the centre of the crown. Here stood the chieftains home. Xan's home.

He walked to the door then turned back to Yal.

"Good luck" offered Yal.

"Thanks"

Then he headed inside.

The smell of yan root incense permeated the air. He inhaled a lungful calming his nerves. He was not looking forward to the inevitable confrontation that was about to occur. He could hear his fathers heated voice from here. He walked through into the communal living area and saw his father talking to his mother who was nodding her head and sighing.

As he entered the room his father spun on him.

"You went to the sky peoples ship again didn't you?"

It was a statement made in a deathly calm voice that promised to be raised soon.

Xan stared defiantly at him.

"Yes papa."

"After I had told you what?"

"After you told me not to papa."

"Then please explain to me why you disobeyed my command?"

Xan stood there biting his lip but still held his fathers piercing gaze. He was nothing if not stubborn.

Suddenly his fathers skin flared brighter than it already was, his markings pulsating his aura into the air.

"Dammit Xan these people could be dangerous. We know nothing about them and what they intend to do. What if they attacked you?" his father yelled.

"They could take you prisoner in that big metal ship of there's. Neru only knows whats in there."

Xan was fighting hard not to let his aura show through his anger but it was a tough job.

"You are still young and inexperienced. You aren't even passed your nineteenth eclipse yet. Your naivety will be your undoing."

Xan cracked.

"You don't know anything about them either father!!" he bellowed.

"The only reason you refuse to make contact with them is because your scared of change and what it brings!"

"How dare you speak to me in such a way!"

Both Neru'bians marks flared and pulsated and crackles of energy sounded throughout the room.

"You are practically a baya still. I will not tolerate this attitude."

"Screw you!" Xan shouted before whirling round and running out of the house.

His father roared and was about to give chase before his one put her hand on his arm. He looked at her and she thrummed a gentle rhythm.

His glowing aura slowly faded as she soothed him.

"Let him go," she said, "you both need time too calm down. I'll try and talk to him later."

Gotak deflated slightly.

"I wish you luck. That boy is still lost in a dream world."

"Give him time. Things will sort themselves out. I've always had faith that Xan will do great good in his life."

"I pray to Neru that you are right my one."

***

Xan lay on the top most branch of Mother Gaia staring at the stars.

He sighed. His father had never made any real effort to understand him. Ever since he was small he had been a wayward soul as his mother told him. Always running off to explore, ride the kabook or just swing through the trees. Always searching, always on the move. As such no one knew the surrounding area better than he did. He was one of the best hunters when he actually turned up for a trip. He was also one of the best at tree gliding, the term used to describe their ability to grapple onto trees with their aura extensions. He was a valuable asset to his people when he wanted to be. when he didn't his father despaired and often made an example out of him. Being the chieftains second son did not mean you were going to be chief but it was certainly expected that he behave appropriately and as such he bought his family constant embarrassment.

He didn't see it as that though. He saw it as doing what made him happy.

He continued to contemplate the stars. He loved his people and this world he really did. He loved the connection and the feeling of oneness he had with everything. Neru'bias very energy danced through his veins giving off his unique aura. He flicked his wrist and it glowed brighter briefly. Then the branch he was on raised higher. He could only see the stars now. Despite his love he could feel a yearning inside him to explore the sparkling lights that lay above him. And now he had a chance. The sky comers came from there! His sky comer came from there.

He would go back. Nothing his father said could stop him.

12