The New Principal Ch. 26

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
shudai
shudai
1,025 Followers

I wasn't sure how much I should tell him.

"Well, I'm not too surprised, really. The way he jumped Pine, I mean, he looked like an animal. Pine's okay, right?"

"Right. Yeah, Pine..." He laughed a bit. "Pine's scratched up a bit, but he's a tough old goat. Grant, though... well, he's maybe not that bad anymore, but he's not really all there in the head now. I just wanted to ask... I should say first that this isn't part of the official investigation, mind you. I just wanted to ask if you had noticed anything weird about him before that night."

Well, that was something I could talk about without worry.

"Yeah, actually. Mostly second-hand, but faculty and students have told me that he was acting more erratic and even a bit aggressive. He was working a lot more too, maybe the extra stress got to him? Seems like Sten, er... Principal Sten kind of promoted him up from school nurse, right? But why isn't this part of the investigation? I thought you and Pine were going to come interview everyone."

"Yeah, might be stress. That's what I'm hearing from a lot of folks. Anyway, that's the weird thing. The investigation is on hold for the moment. I can't really say much about that right now..."

"Oh hold? What the hell? You had to shoot a man after a trooper was attacked..." I tried to calm down a little. "Huh. So, the chief doesn't want you to look into this? Is that what's going on?"

Trooper Moore gave me a slow hard look.

"Chief's still out of town, for training. Technically. Person sitting in her chair ain't the real chief. At least as far as I say. But I can't talk about that. And I'm not investigating. I'm just walking around, talking to the people on my beat."

He kept looking at me for a minute, then picked up his hat and went for the door.

"You'd let me know if you found anything out though. I get the impression that there are some really interesting things going on around here that I don't quite understand yet. I'll be honest, I had you pegged for a problem, but now I'm not so sure. Fact is, I'm pretty confused right now, and I don't like that feeling. But I'll come around again for another chat someday. You take care, now."

And with that he was gone. I still wasn't sure what to make of him. I'm pretty sure I didn't like him, but I was less convinced that he was rotten. Still dangerous though.

The meeting had the effect of dispersing any thought of a little physical gratification, so I just stumbled up to my bed and set the alarm to get me up in time for the meeting.

That night, or rather morning, was cold enough to remind me that we were coming into the beginning of winter. I wore a sweater and a long jacket, but still felt the chill creep in at a made my way to the side of campus where I could get to the theater door. I was a little worried that it would be locked or blocked up, because my only other way into the theater would be through the dorms, and I knew there were a lot of cameras over there that I would like to avoid if possible.

It turned out I didn't need to worry. Either Sten never got around to sealing it up properly or Kimberly worked some magic, but for whatever reason, the doors were unlocked, and I knew, as long as I came up from the far side, there weren't any cameras to see me slink in.

Still, I pulled up the collar on my jacket, which was totally cool and most certainly did not make me look like some kind of low budget cold war spy wannabe.

I stood in the foyer for a little while to let me eyes get accustomed to the light, then moved through the house area and up onto the stage. I had a passing wish that I still had my old cellphone so I could use the light, but it was smashed and there was nothing to be done about that.

I fumbled my way to the prop room door. I didn't hear anyone else. Maybe I was first to arrive.

I opened the door and indeed found the room empty. I closed the door behind me so I could flip on the blue-tinted backstage light and it lit the room in an unreal glow. The blueness brought back fleeting images of that night when I was drugged and lost control of the tirck, bodies, Deborah and Cynthia, leading me in the ravishing of little Penny. The blue light reflected off of Penny's body. She was taped down on the heavy table, begging to be caressed.

The room had been cleaned and organized since then. The table was still there, but now it was against the wall. The rows of props and costumes looked rearranged and much tidier off toward the back of the cavernous room. There were shelves that ran back deep into unlit darkness. It was a bit creepy to think what might be back there among the old fake swords and clothes. But it looked like the front area where I stood was in regular use now. It was spotlessly clean, but various notebooks and backpacks were lined up against the wall. And there were several of the same blue gymnastic mats leaning up against the wall opposite the table.

Slow understanding came to me. This was the room that Kimberly and the Dionysian Club had been using. It made sense that the club, now underground, would still need a place to meet. I was confident there were no cameras here, and the students could here safely through the tunnel without having to cross the quad.

I was going to investigate the bags, to see what they contained, when I heard sounds coming from the audio monitor. Someone was coming.

I moved to take a seat at the table, attempting to look more calm and collected than I was.

When Kimberly walked in, I was a bit shocked. She was as beautiful as ever, but at the same time, she seemed diminished. It had only been a little while since I had seen her last in the spa, and perhaps my state of mind exaggerated her appearance to me, but she seemed even more exhausted than she had been.

She was always a healthy shape, but she had clearly lost weight. It showed mostly in her face, which was drawn and wearier than could be expected simply due to the time of day. Her skin, always ivory pure and nearly glowing, was now almost dull as it shone in the blue light. And amazingly, even her luxurious wild red mass of curly hair seemed practically tamed.

Reflexively, I jumped from my chair and rushed to her. Her face lit up as she saw me come. It gave me life to see her expression change. Still clearly weary, I saw the sparkle of life in her eyes. She threw herself into my embrace.

We stood there together in silence, her head on my chest, her hair tickling my nose. I even thought I felt her jerk slightly, as if taken by a spasm of sobs. I just held her more tightly.

Eventually we made our way to the table. I sat down. She looked at another chair for a moment, then sat down on my lap, throwing an arm around my waist and leaning into me.

Finally, she looked up at me. I lowered my face to her and kissed her gently.

"God, it's good to see you, Kimberly."

"You too." She actually laughed lightly. "I must look an absolute mess. I swear, I've had a rough week, but it's not as bad as it looks. Is Cynthia here? She said she would try to come, but they monitor the dorms pretty closely now."

"No, it's just me here."

She didn't look a total mess, really, despite being so overworked. She wasn't wearing her old conservative work clothes, either. She was dressed more casually than I think I had ever seen her, in a long-sleeved plaid shirt and a pair of blue jeans rolled up at the cuff. I didn't even know that she owned a pair of blue jeans, but I was certainly thankful for the way she filled them out. She looked like a costar on the Dukes of Hazzard. I tried not to fly into a fantasy of cutting those jeans to their proper length.

She leaned into me again, and I started to run my fingers through her hair. I got caught in her curls immediately and had to settle for a bit of a scalp rub. Turns out that was just what she needed, and she purred in response.

We chatted in a desultory way about this and that. I told her about how bad the classes were, and she told me about this mess in the administration building.

It seemed that Principal Sten had been leaning pretty heavily on Grant for her legwork. Without him around, she was doing most everything herself because she didn't trust anyone. Sten was more exhausted than anyone else on campus, and Kimberly thought that she might be taking something to keep going, because she never seemed to go home to sleep anymore.

"What about Veronica? Did Sten dose her with the same drug Lynn got?" My anxiety made that come out more quickly than I wanted.

"No, no, don't worry. Well, I mean... Ok... So Principal Sten has a new drug. It's supposed to be an advanced version of the one that went into the aerosol spray, but... I mean don't understand the details, but she seems to think this new one is much more effective. Lynn was the test subject for the first batch. Principal Sten was worried that it went too far... I mean, well, you saw what Lynn is like now, so she dialed it back for the second batch. Anyway, I got all of this from Veronica. Veronica was supposed to take a dose from the newer batch, but she figured it out. She convinced Principal Sten she took the drug, but she's just been acting ever since."

"So, she didn't take the drug?"

"No, she told me all about this. Her plan was to give Principal Sten exactly what she was looking for, a tractable personality, but not deadened like Lynn. I'm really worried about her though. Veronica's amazing, but this is risky. And who knows about the new drug. She said she doesn't know if the effects would be permanent or not."

I sighed. "Don't get me wrong, I'm concerned about Lynn, but I'm just so relieved about Veronica."

"Well, she's still running a dangerous game. Principal Sten doesn't trust her completely, but she's having to rely on her more and more. It's all such a mess. That's how I was able to send you the vial. That was the dose that Veronica was supposed to take. I hoped that Tess could look into it and maybe figure out an antidote or something. If Principal Sten goes ahead and doses the girls, we don't have a way to help them."

"We'll think of something, Kimberly. Hopefully Tess can figure something out. The old plan is still good, we just need to get more information."

"Oh, right." She handed me a USB stick. "This is from Veronica. She said to plug it into your little pervert cave computer. It should let you look in on the cameras in the spa."

"There are cameras in the spa? Ah... Were there cameras there last week when we..."

"I don't think so. The gym, the theater, basically, all the places that she shut down should be dark. The spa cameras went in this week, I think. Anyway, if she knew we were still together, she wouldn't let me work in the office. She doesn't like me, and I'm sure I'm on the list to be fired, but I think she still believes that I turned you down thanks to that cellphone bug."

"You did turn me down, too... Veronica and I had fun that night, but you ran away."

I tilted her head up so that I could kiss her. As we kissed, I started to let my hands roam. She made a guttural noise and pushed harder into the kiss as my left hand moved up her waist, almost to the underside of her breasts.

Then she pulled back and looked up at me with a hungry smile.

"I hope I won't be leaving you here with some other woman this time. It took some doing to get out of the office early so I could get a nap in, and I'm feeling very well-rested right now."

The audio monitor crackled to life again as someone else came into the theater. We both went quiet to focus on the sounds. Footsteps up on the stage and slowly, confidently, back to the prop room door.

We stood up to greet the only person who could be coming here at this hour.

The door opened and Tess walked in.

She was wearing the same thing she wore when she came to visit me at the Green House: black sweater and black slacks with regular old beat-up hiking boots.

She looked a bit tired, clearly everyone had been working overtime except me. I felt a bit guilty that all the real heavy lifting was being taken on by everyone else. All I seemed to be was a lucky but fairly useless pawn.

With that distracting thought in my head, I moved quickly to Tess and wrapped her up in a hug.

She responded warmly for a moment, but never being one for much emotional display, pushed back gently.

"I assume you are Ms Adams?"

Kimberly walked forward and professionally put out her hand.

"Please, call me Kimberly."

I thought in this context, a handshake was a bit silly, but Tess seemed to appreciate the formality.

"Kimberly then. Call me Tess. It's great to finally meet you after hearing so much about how you are holding this place together."

"Oh, it's all exaggeration. Especially now. I don't do a lick of real work anymore."

I broke in to hand the vial over to Tess.

"This is for you, I believe."

She took the vial and looked at it.

"Hard to tell if it's any different from what we have in the lab with these lights in here."

"It's supposed to be much more potent than the aerosol. How much time do you have to hear about it?"

"I'm on a bit of a tight schedule, and I don't need to remind either of you that I really don't need anyone to know I'm anywhere near Bright Hall, right?"

We reassured her of our discretion, then sat down at the table to go into all the events of the past week or so. Much of this was a repetition of what Kimberly had already told me, but Tess showed her skill in drawing out new and important pieces of information. Where was Sten's main lab? Where were the drugs kept? Did they need refrigeration? and on and on. It was nearly an interrogation, but Kimberly was on board one hundred percent. She answered questions and provided more information that she thought might be helpful. It was a good reminder that even though she wasn't in charge of much anymore, she new the campus and its people better than anyone. And Tess seemed impressed with her, too.

After that debrief, Tess stood up and started pacing.

"Ok, that doesn't seem too bad. But here's the real bad news. I told you I was worried that the schedule was being moved up? It is. I thought we might have until the end of the semester, but the buyers are getting twitchy, and Sten seems to have been really rattled by Grant's little melt-down."

"Is he okay? You said you were going to look into him." I couldn't help interjecting.

"You really care? This guy was basically on his way to kill you. Or at least mess you up really bad." Tess looked at me with a furrowed brow.

"Well, I'm not a fan or anything, but he was just a creepy douchebag before he started taking Sten's drugs and getting delusions of grandeur."

"Well, I wouldn't spend much energy worrying about him. He's out of our little game anyway. The gunshot wasn't so bad, but his mental troubles were something else. They shipped him off to a professional institution in Seattle back on Tuesday, I think. We're keeping an eye on him, or rather, we're having someone keep an eye on him, but I don't expect any trouble from that angle."

"Ok, fine. I'm glad he's not dead. That's enough, I suppose."

"So, now back to the actual business at hand. The very bad news. They are ramping up the timeline in a major way. The sale looks to be going down next weekend."

My jaw dropped and I saw Kimberly in a similar state out of the corner of my eye.

"What the hell? Next weekend? What the hell are we going to do?" I managed to stammer out.

Kimberly's voice seemed an octave higher than normal. "We don't have time... we can't..."

Tess turned back from her pacing and looked at us.

"It's certainly not ideal, is it? But here we are. We play the cards we're dealt. The plan what we've been sitting on should still work, we've just got to trust that the students will be able to handle themselves."

"But Principal Sten's new drug. We don't even know if there is an... antidote, or whatever you'd call it."

"That, Kimberly, is a very real problem that we need to figure out an answer for. There's no way I can run this sample though and know everything in time. That is assuming it can be countered in the first place."

"Veronica."

"What?"

I shrugged. "We'll have to have them do what Veronica did."

"Fake it?"

"Yeah, it won't be too hard. They just need to be able to act a bit stoned for the night of the auction, right? Tess, you'll be able to make sure that nobody is able to run off with any of the girls, right?"

"Well... So, I told you that I'm with the FBI... more or less. And that's basically true. But it's also not entirely true. I can't go into detail, but it's not like I've got a platoon of special agents at my beck and call. But you did mention that the police might not be totally on Sten's side anymore."

"I don't know how far I would trust them, but I think having Grant try and murder a trooper didn't really earn her any brownie points."

"That's better than nothing. I do have a few people I can bring in, and with the police, I think we'll be enough to make sure everyone stays put. It's a good thing this isn't a very accessible island. No one flies in or out, that's easy. No one gets out on a boat, that's more difficult, but totally doable. The key will be keeping everyone in the building where it's all going to happen. That's the theater, by the way. It's pretty secure, only the two exits, right?"

"Right... That's... okay." Kimberly's voice betrayed her nerves. "But how are we going to fool Principal Sten into thinking that they all took the drug? Maybe they can act kind of out of it and obedient, but I'm sure she will make sure that they actually drink the new drug."

"We'll have to swap it. Change the drugs for water or something."

"That's going to be impossible... well, really hard."

"Kimberly, you said she keeps the drugs in the office lab, right? They'll be in little vials like this, right?"

"I suppose so."

"Do we have empty ones in storage somewhere?"

"I think so."

"So, the trick is to make our own batch and find a time to swap it out with the real drugs. The girls take the placebo and then start acting like they took the real thing."

Tess considered. "It's probably the best option. Kimberly, you're going to have to find out when and where she plans on giving them the drug. I'm guessing that it will be right before the auction, because she probably still needs time to make enough, but that's not for sure."

"Another problem. How do we make sure only the Dionysian Club students are involved? Kimberly says we can trust them, and so I stand by that, too, but what if Sten tries to give the drug to other students."

"Well, hopefully, if Principal Lee's plan works, only the Dionysian Club members will 'react' properly. Everyone will be drinking water, so the other girls will just seem like subjects who didn't react to the drug, right?"

"Ok. That might work. Do you know how she is going to choose the girls?"

"I don't know for sure, but it's always seemed like it was going to be a mixture of the girls who have been working at the spa, because they've been groomed with service training, and then other girls who seem the most innocent. Mr. Grant was surveying the girls to see which ones were virgins, so I think they'll be on the list, too."

"Ah, is that going to be a problem for our Dionysian Club?"

Kimberly smiled for the first time in a while. "Ah, well, no. I was actually able to get my hands on his list when I was sent to clean out the nurse's office. I honestly don't know how many virgins we have in the club, but somehow, most of our girls got put on the list."

"You are a marvel in so many ways, Ms Kimberly Adams." I couldn't resist leaning over and kissing her on the forehead.

"So that's our plan then? We'll need to make sure all of the girls in the club know what they are supposed to do." Tess didn't seem entirely confident, but she was ready to make the decision and move forward.

shudai
shudai
1,025 Followers