The Obsession Ch. 01

Story Info
A Danish psychiatrist falls prey to a fiery Black princess.
5.6k words
4.64
37.9k
117

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 08/13/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Z_Lundy
Z_Lundy
137 Followers

Cassie waited worriedly as a rain-soaked Mr. Epson made his way across the street and into the safety and dryness of the dimly lit lobby of his building as the storm thundered around him. Her landlord was a tall, slim, proud man in his late sixties. Even in his current soggy and disheveled state, one could clearly see that in his youth, he was extraordinarily attractive. He sported a thick, full head of snow white hair, warm brown eyes and a youthful spring to his step. One would think a man such as himself would be a pompous, and arrogant; but he was a kind and honest man. The years had been kind to him, because he had been kind to all who had crossed his path. And true to his word, he had arrived on time to deliver the documents Cassie so desperately needed.

"Oh no, no! Get back inside, sweetheart."

Requested Mr. Epson as he motioned a 'back inside' signal to Cassie who attempted to open the door for him and possibly assist with the toolbox, file folders and grocery bag he carried. But he would have none of it.

"Don't you hear that thunder outside? And it's raining sideways!"

Cassie smiled warmly.

"And I know you hate getting those pretty hairdo's of yours all messed up." He added.

She always appreciated the way Mr. Epson spoke to her in a fatherly way.

Voluptuous and toned, she was quite an attractive woman and had known her fair share of lecherous elders- both male and female. But ever helpful and supportive, Mr. Epson had braved the year's worst storm yet knowing that Cassie desperately needed the certificate of occupancy and proof of residence documents as they were crucial in wining partial custody of her daughter; and he desperately needed her to assist him by doing a task, as he would explain. She thanked him sincerely as he handed her the slightly damp, plastic folder containing the items she had requested only yesterday afternoon.

"I hate that you rushed over like this, I told you I have two weeks to get them to the lawyer-"

"Hush, hush" interrupted Mr. Epson, dismissing Cassie's concern. "You need to get that little one ASAP. Daughters need their mothers." He smiled warmly. "Besides, I have a request. See the horns under my halo?"

Cassie chuckled as he pointed to this imaginary horns.

"Remember that new tenant I told you about?" Cassie nodded.

"Some bigwig, right? Doctor or something?"

"Psychiatrist. Yes."

"Uggh..." Cassie groaned in disapproval.

"Well in that case, you're going to love this part..."

"Go on." Said Cassie, apprehensively.

"I need you to show him into the building, set him up with his keys, help him settle in; yada yada."

Cassie rolled her eyes but smiled, defeated. There was no way she could refuse a rare request from Mr. Epson.

"So... you're so thrilled to have this shrink move in that you are pawning him off on me for the afternoon?" She teased.

"Free therapy?" Mr. Epson suggested and chuckled as he shrugged, knowing that the thought of someone trying to pick apart her head was the very reason she was apprehensive.

"I know I'm being a pain in the butt. But I wouldn't ask if I didn't need you sweetheart."

There was something in the way he said that last sentence that worried Cassie. He always took his duties as a landlord quite seriously, and the only reason he would ask her to take on his job was one she dreaded to ask about. Sensing her concern, he volunteered the information before she had to muster the courage to ask.

"They found another mass. I didn't want to tell anyone until we knew for sure; but..."

Cassie tried to hide her fear and hurt she felt for him, but it was evident.

"How does she feel? I mean, is she-"

"She's fine, she's fine. At least for the time being. You know my Angie is a fighter."

Mr. Epson's wife was indeed a fighter. Sweet but fierce, she was a firecracker of a lady. Even after losing both breasts to cancer, she glowed and reveled in her victory over the disease. But now it had returned.

Cassie cleared the lump in her throat.

"I'll do anything to help you both. You know that."

"I know, Sweets. And I appreciate it. I know they give you deadlines for those short story books you write..." He smiled knowingly.

He loved that he could so easily make her blush as a father would. He was also proud of her for using her craft to support herself. Normally he would have taken the time to exchange some light ribbing, but as he checked the time on his impressive watch, he realized that he really needed to go.

"I'm sorry Sweets, but I really-"

"I know, I know. You get her to that oncologist, and tell her I'll be crossing my fingers and keeping her in my thoughts." Mr. Epson handed Cassie the keys for the new tenant and the soggy grocery bag, said his goodbye and left hastily.

Cassie reached into the grocery bag and removed a fruit basket with a welcoming card attached.

"Great. I hope he doesn't think I had anything to do with this... like I don't have enough pervys sniffing around me."

Cassie had gone upstairs to grab her umbrella and was on her way back into the foyer when she noticed the taxi pulling up across the street. She braced herself for the egotistical windbag that would most likely step out. She had grabbed the umbrella only as a precaution. She had no intention of actually going out into the storm for this "Frasier".

"Well, let's see what the wind blows in." She mumbled to herself as she watched the backdoor to the taxi open.

A rather large brown leather shoe covered foot stepped out of the taxi, followed by the longest legs she had seen in quite a while. He had yet to straighten out, as he still had a rather large duffel bag to retrieve from the backseat; but he already appeared to tower over the cab driver who grabbed his passenger's suitcase out of the trunk. The shrink was a long, thick, oak tree of a man. Sturdy and broad shouldered. Cassie studied him as he smoothed his shaggy, wet hair out of his face and slung his bag over his shoulder. Thoughts of battle worn vikings invaded her head as she realized he must have stood at about 6'4 and weighed at least two hundred pounds. She shook herself out of her daze and stepped out to open her umbrella.

"Alright big boy, you got my attention. Now let's see how old and or ugly you are." She uttered as she made her way across the street to the bewildered giant.

"It's over here."

Cassie called out, pointing to the gray stone building behind her. He turned just as she stepped onto the sidewalk and they stood facing each other. As Cassie took in the tall man's distinct features- his sharp jawline coupled with his cleft chin, his even sharper, high cheekbones, his slightly pointed, strong-bridged nose and his piercing, sapphire eyes; she noticed something else.

"You're a blonde." She said, seemingly unimpressed.

"Oh... um... yes." He nervously uttered, a bit flustered by her assessment.

"Is that going to be a problem?" He asked shyly, but playfully. He smiled, treating Cassie to a view of his white, slightly imperfect teeth.

"And you're a vampire."

"Umm... n- no. It's... m-my permanent incisors grew in before my deciduous teeth fell out-"

"Relax. Fanged blondes are welcomed here. Swedes too." She placed her umbrella over the therapist as a friendly gesture. He smiled and crouched down, knowing their height difference would make it quite a task.

"Actually, I'm from Denmark." He politely corrected. He hadn't realized how close he had brought their faces as he stooped down to fit under the umbrella. He could feel her warm breath against his face, which made him blush. She was breathing quite fast for someone who had just strolled over.

'She must be afraid of me.' he thought to himself.

Before he could back up to allow her some personal space, she extended her hand.

"I'm Cassie. One of your neighbors. Mr. Epson couldn't be here so-"

"Hey, I love a good rainstorm and all; but I've got a job to do." The cab driver called out to him, waiting for his fare.

After the driver was paid, the soggy duo made their way across the street and into the warmth and dryness of the lobby.

"You sure you don't need any help with that?" Cassie asked, pointing to the suitcase.

"No. Thank you for offering, though." He said warmly.

"So, you've got yourself a third floor move, eh?" Asked Cassie as she rang for the elevator.

"It's on the third floor?"

"You don't know what floor you're moving to?"

"No." He chuckled embarrassingly. "My assistant picked out the apartment online."

"You must really trust your assistant."

"I've never met her, actually. She was just assigned to me by the university, but she seems quite pleasant over the phone."

There was a pause in the conversation as Cassie checked her phone for messages and he took the opportunity to study his new neighbor. She wasn't the friendliest woman, but she did have quite a sense of humor.

Her thick, brown wavy hair was pinned up into two fifties styled french buns, leaving a few coiled tendrils hanging against her deep brown skin. He couldn't quite describe her skin tone; a chocolaty-caramel with almost a hint of cinnamon. While she was distracted by her phone, he studied her face. She had large, full lips and dark, almond shaped eyes atop her high cheekbones. Her black cardigan had worked its way off of her shoulder revealing her gray cami top, enticing him to gaze further. From the side view he was afforded of her, he could tell that her breasts were rather large. In fact- all of her curves were. Her leggings displayed very well toned, athletic legs which led up to an almost impossibly large, round bottom. He realized he was gawking, so he shook his gaze off of her, only to be drawn once again to her buttocks.

"Are you a runner?" He asked, but before she could answer, the elevator door opened.

"It's an old elevator, it takes forever, but it's never broken down in the 4 years that I've lived here. Glad I never have to wait for it though."

They stepped inside.

"And no, Doc. I'm not a runner."

"Oh- forgive my manners. I never introduced myself; my name is Magnus. Magnus Bjornssen."

"Wow. That's about as Scandinavian as it gets."

Magnus chucked nervously, he wasn't sure if Cassie was impressed or disgusted; as her voice showed little to no emotion.

"Yah. I suppose you have a point." he chided.

Cassie led Magnus to his apartment and unlocked the door. She showed him the light switches, bathroom, living room, kitchen and bedroom of the empty, unfurnished space.

"Doesn't look like much, but I'm sure it will come together once you've unpacked all your fancy stuff. Where is your stuff, anyway? That can't be all you have." She said, pointing to the duffle bag and suitcase.

"Well, I was offered this job on short notice and I was under the impression that the apartment was furnished."

"Looks like your assistant goofed. Mr. Epson doesn't rent furnished apartments."

"I guess so." Magnus agreed, realizing his dilemma. But he found it hard to process the situation, as he was transfixed by Cassie's feminine beauty. The chilly autumn air had turned her nipples into little pebbles. 'She is so enticingly feminine. So exotic...' he thought to himself as realized his half arousal dangerously close to presenting itself.

"Well, that's that. Rents due on the 5th of each month, no vicious pets and if you want to order take out, you better hurry because the pizza place down the block closes early on Sundays. Oh, and here's Mr. Epson's number." She handed him a very worn business card from her wallet.

"You need anything, call him. Tomorrow though. He's busy today. So give him a break. Well, see ya. Gotta go down to my comfy, warm, furnished apartment."

And with those last words, she stepped out of his apartment and made her way down the staircase.

Magnus helped himself to the only luxury his empty apartment could afford him- a hot shower. He stripped his white dress shirt and slacks off and and stepped into the claw-footed bathtub and pulled the shower curtain. He noted the fine detail of the antique bathtub with its beautifully crafted high back design. The shower head was the old fashioned, hand held type with an extra long hose. The sturdy shower curtain bar hung over the tub, suspended by inconspicuous ceiling and wall mounts giving the impression of an iron halo. He could smell the fresh vinyl of the brand new shower curtain. Whoever owned this building put great care into its maintenance. He groaned as he passed the steaming shower head over his body and reveled at how lucky he was to finally have a bathroom with not only a bathtub that he could actually fit in, but a hand held shower head he didn't have to purchase and install because the standard shower was too low for him to get under.

As Magnus watched the last bit of suds wash off his long muscular body, he found his thoughts drifting to Cassie.

"Not much of a welcoming committee." He chuckled to himself.

But she was quite a beauty though. As he recalled the endless valley of curves that made up her toned body, he felt the blood rushing to his manhood.

"At røv..."

He tilted his head backwards as he began to gently stroke himself while he imagined peeling off those tight spandex pants. But he found it difficult to focus on his fantasy as his thoughts came crashing back to reality with her standing there swiping through her phone, completely unconcerned with exchanging pleasantries, conversation or even eye contact.

It was usually so easy for him to read people. After all, his profession was based off of that ability. So why did he find it so difficult to tell whether her comments were in completely in jest, or meant as a sign of how annoyed she was by his presence?

He realized he had lost his erection. He wasn't a vain or pompous man, which is why he found himself far more unnerved at the fact that her indifference bothered him, than her actual indifference.

He stepped out of the shower a bit annoyed with himself.

Masturbating to the image of an attractive individual was completely healthy. But not being able to masturbate due to a hurt ego because of an inflated sense of entitlement was not. Or maybe he just needed sleep. Real sleep, and not some constantly interrupted dozing on and off on an airplane. He put on a pair of underwear and a tank top, spread a few beach towels from his duffle bag on the floor of the bedroom and laid down. Before he knew it, he was out like a light.

The "Low Battery" chime on Magnus' phone woke him up.

He was relieved to hear the rain had stopped, but surprised to see that it was now dark out. According to his dying phone, it was now 7:55. He must have been more fatigued than he thought. He felt well rested now, but his stomached screamed for sustenance. He hadn't eaten since early morning before he left California. He scrambled up and went over to his duffel bag and searched through it.

"Shit!"

He walked over to his suitcase and searched frantically.

"For pokker!"

Had he really spent nearly five hours in his new, empty apartment before he realized that somewhere between the airport and the taxi, he had lost his phone charger? He sighed angrily. Of course he had.

He dreaded his only option.

If he knocked on her door, would she curse him out? Simply not answer?

He had no other choice. He pulled on a pair of clean slacks and fixed his messy, ear length hair in the bathroom mirror. As he did, he looked at his white tank top and realized that perhaps a proper shirt was in order. He took out a dress shirt and put it on. He looked in the mirror again. Now he felt far too overdressed. He wasn't exactly high fashion, but he didn't want her to think he was some prudish stuffed shirt either. He unbuttoned his collar and rolled his sleeves up.

Now it was time to get to the business of hunting down his not-so-welcoming one woman welcoming committee.

He took the stairs down to the first floor and was completely overwhelmed by the most delicious aroma he had ever smelled. Notes of garlic, herbs and an array of exotic spices graced his nostrils. But he had to ignore the mouth-watering scent to carry on with the task at hand. He realized there were only three apartments to choose from.

'Okay this shouldn't be too hard' he thought to himself.

He rang the first doorbell. No answer. He wasn't sure if the doorbell worked, so he balled his fist to knock but before his fist hit the door, it opened to reveal a very bewildered Korean man in his 50's or 60's. Magnus realized the older man was staring directly up at his fist which was still up in the 'knocking' position. He quickly dropped his hand to his side, then raised it once again to a wave in a friendly manner.

"Hello Sir, I'm very sorry for intruding. I was hoping this was a young woman's apartment."

The man looked at him with a raised brow which made Magnus realize just how suspicious he must have seemed to this man.

"Um- she... the landlord left Cassie in charge of my keys, you see I just moved in and-"

"Ah, Cassia." Said the older man before stepping out of his apartment to point over to the opposite side of the elevator.

"This one." He directed Magnus.

"Thank you." Before Magnus could exchange anymore pleasantries the man retreated back into his apartment and shut the door.

Magnus wasn't sure if the man understood who he was looking for, but it sounded like he said something close to "Cassie", so he figured perhaps he just had a strong accent.

'Oh well.'

He made his way over to the door and knocked. Nothing.

He knocked again.

"What?" A familiar deadpan voice answered from behind the door.

"I-it's-"

"What do you want, Dane?"

Magnus smiled nervously to himself.

"Well, it's a funny story. You see, I just realized that I have lost my phone charger and the battery is at..."

He checked his phone.

"It's dead, actually. So... I have no phone. And I'm extremely hungry, and I will need to contact my colleagues eventually and-"

Cassie opened the door and handed Magnus a fruit basket. She was wearing a short pink night gown with black spaghetti straps, speckled with little black stars. Her thick, wavy hair was loose and fell to her shoulders.

"It's from Mr. Epson. I was going to eat it tomorrow for breakfast but I figure it's yours anyway, so here. Here's your fruit basket that you don't deserve, but was gifted to you anyway, because of your fancy job."

"Thank... you?" Said Magnus as he took the basket. He then realized the amazing aroma was coming from her house. Before he could say anything else she was already closing her door.

"Wait!" Magnus managed to place his hand onto the door before she could completely close it.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Said Cassie calmly as she glared at the large hand holding her door open.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to be so persistent-"

"Then why are you?"

"If I could just borrow a phone charger, I promise I'll bring it back."

Cassie looked at Magnus with absolutely no readable expression for a few seconds.

"Give me your phone."

Magnus handed her his dead phone and she walked off, leaving him with his other hand still holding her door. He slowly pushed the door open to peer inside. Cassie had walked over to a coffee table in her living room and was now looking through the small drawer for what he hoped was a charger.

"I have to pay for my heat, you know." Said Cassie without looking up, as she tried the ends of a universal charger until she found the plug that fit.

Magnus cautiously stepped inside Cassie's apartment and inhaled deeply.

"May I ask what kind of food you are cooking? Indian? Spanish?"

Z_Lundy
Z_Lundy
137 Followers
12