The One for Me Ch. 04-06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers

When I came out of the bathroom, Anna was sitting on the couch looking nervous. I kissed her and told her I'd ran her a nice hot bath and to enjoy it. I didn't want to leave her, but it was late and I knew if I stayed, well, you know. She walked me to the door and I drove home smiling as I recalled this magnificent evening.

Chapter 5

Anna

I seduced him. I wanted him, but I felt ashamed for my real reasons. Farrah and Kelly were coming and I wanted him to have a reason to see me and not them. I am so ashamed of myself. I got him to break an important commandment of his church. He might be okay with it tonight, but when he realizes what I've done, he may hate me in the future.

My friends would be here tomorrow and I would just keep my mouth shut. Unless he says something, what happened tonight is no one's business.

My two friends arrived the next day and came straight to my apartment. While they were visiting, Ross stopped by and met them. He didn't stay, but I was glad he came by. Farrah and Kelly really liked him.

When Ross left I was quiet for a few minutes and Kelly knew something was up. Before long, I had told them fears about being with a man who was so dedicated to the church.

They then hugged me and told me that Ross was the lucky one and I should listen to him. He was the man that I was in love with not his mother.

I felt better than I had in ages. That night the three of us went to the movies. Kelly and Farrah stayed at my apartment that night. Of course the called their parents but Mr. and Mrs. Smith were not worried.

I rode to church with Ross on Sunday and we held hands all the way there. I sat with my friends during service and Ross sat with the Smiths.

Service ended and of course we went home with the Smiths and made dinner. All of the girls had to help. I loved it.

The rest of the week went by uneventfully. Ross and I were extremely careful not to allow things to get out of hand the way they had before.

A few months passed and I wasn't feeling well. I had been sick a few mornings, but after eating some bran, I usually felt better.

This morning was different. I kept vomiting and my stomach cramped. I thought maybe I was about to have my period because I hadn't had one in a couple of months but I am not regular so it really didn't mean anything.

I called Mr. Smith to tell him I wasn't feeling well and would probably report in late.

I lay in bed for over two hours when the pain became unbearable. I needed help. I started crying and trying to reach my phone when Ross rushed into my bedroom.

"I used you spare key from the door jam." He said looking at me concerned. "We're going to the hospital." He rushed me to Vernon Memorial.

He wrapped me in a blanket and carried me to his car. When we arrived I was in so much pain I could not answer any questions.

The ER doctor examined me and called of an OBGYN stat. I was immediately rushed to maternity.

Ross

Anna wasn't at work. Over the two years that she'd worked there, Anna never missed. I went to Deacon Smith's office. He told me she didn't feel well and would be in later.

I talked to my boss and left to rush to Anna's house. She had a spare key that I used to enter. I found her balled up in bed, crying in pain.

I took her to the ER. I stayed with her as they examined her, and then they made a call that froze my heart.

The doctor called for an OB/GYN stat.

Anna was carrying my child and something was terribly wrong. Within minutes, they whisked Anna away.

She was rushed into a room and they would not let me in. No amount of begging and pleading would get me into the room with her. I sat in a hard plastic chair in a cold waiting room, praying for my woman and my unborn child.

My phone began to ring. I answered and it was Mr. Smith. He asked what was going on. Sobbing uncontrollably, I told him Anna was in the hospital. That was all I could get out before I broke down completely.

No more than ten minutes later, Mrs. Smith rushed into the waiting room.

I didn't offer any excuses or explanations. She didn'task. She just wrapped her arms around me tightly and held me as I cried.

"I can't lose them." I sobbed, my heart felt as if it would burst into a million pieces. "I love her. I love our baby."

"Ross," Mrs. Smith took my face in her hands and said, "Look at me, son. She needs you to stay strong alright. Let's pray." We prayed together.

Next Mr. Smith walked in. I took one look at his face and I knew I was in deep trouble. "Ross. I warned you." Mr. Smith began to growl. "How could you? I trusted... She was innocent. How could you Ross?"

"Herman, calm down. Now is not the time." Mrs. Smith walked over to calm her husband. "Anna's in the back we are waiting on the doctor."

"I trusted him. How could he, Majorie?" Mr. Smith said to his wife fury rolling off of him in waves.

Ross looked at the man that was like a second father to him and said the only thing he could. "I love her Deacon Smith. She means everything to me."

The doctor came out. "I need to speak with the family of Annalise." He said.

"I'm here." Ross answered. The doctor assumed he was her husband and told him about her condition.

Annalise was pregnant and it was very likely she would miscarry before the night was over. They'd given her medicines to stop it. They were also running some test to diagnose the problem. If she held out throughout the rest of the day and night, maybe the baby could survive.

She was being moved to a private room and they could go in and see her in half an hour.

When the doctor walked away, Ross fell to his knees. He didn't want to lose his child. He cried non stop. Mrs. Smith held him as Deacon Smith prayed for Anna and her child.

Eventually Ross got himself under control and the nurse came to take them to Anna.

When they walked in the room Anna was asleep. She had an IV in her right arm and, her left arm was attached to a blood pressure cup, and was hooked up to a baby heart monitor. Ross could hear the rapid heartbeat of his child's heart.

He sat next to the bed and held Anna's hand in his. He wanted to promise her anything he could to help her through this, but he just watched her sleep. She looked so peaceful and beautiful.

Anna woke up to the sound of a rapid heart beating. Ross was sitting next to her holding her hand. "Ross, wake up" she whispered.

"Anna, thank God you are awake. I was so scared." He leaned down and kissed her. "You have to be alright, both of you. I can't lose either of you." Ross whispered.

It was then that Anna recalled what happened earlier. "Ross, am I pregnant?" she asked.

She didn't know. That was why she hadn't told him he realized, because she did not know.

"Yes, Anna, we are pregnant." He answered.

"Ross, is there something wrong with my baby? Am I going to lose this baby?" Anna became agitated and her blood pressure started rising. Soon the monitor alerted and the nurse rushed in.

The nurse ordered Ross to leave out but he refused. "Do you want her to lose this baby now?" the nurse demanded. "Then leave."

Ross went back to the waiting room. When he entered, he saw his parents sitting there.

Evelyn Thompson loved all seven of her kids dearly, and she worried about Ross more that the rest. He was the most defiant and she knew something like this might happen.

"Son, are you alright?" his father asked as he embraced him. "No, Dad. I'm not."

"Son, I know you might not want to hear this, but what you did was a sin. You let some woman separate you from God and cause you to sin and -" Evelyn started to say.

"Momma, don't. You don't have the right. My child might die tonight and if you tell me it's God's punishment for sinning. I don't know..." Ross said as he walked away.

Evelyn would not be deterred, "Listen to me son; girls like her have no morals."

Ross stared at his mother and in that moment he hated her. "Get out! You don't know her. How dare you? I am no longer your son. Just go!"

"Ross Thompson, I am your mother and you will listen to me." Evelyn continued. "I am sorry the child might die but you have to ask forgiveness for the sin." She then looked to her spouse for support. "Robert, you know I am right."

Robert had heard enough. "Evelyn, be quiet for once woman. We might lose a grandchild tonight and he needs his parents not someone preaching at him. Stop, Evelyn."

"Mr. Thompson, you can go back in now. Just don't upset her alright." The nurse came to inform him. Evelyn stood and headed to Anna's room.

"Momma, no. I don't want you near her now." He looked over at his father. Robert nodded. "You go on son. I will keep your mother here."

Ross went back to Anna's room. "Ross, I'm sorry." She whispered.

At ten, Anna was asleep and the nurse told Ross that his father needed to see him. Ross left Anna's side for a moment to see what his father wanted.

He told him they were heading to the hotel and would be back in the morning.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Smith was on a mission. She had to find Anna's parents. She found the last number Anna had called for her father and dialed.

A male with a deep rich baritone answered on the third ring.

"Hello, you've reached Nelson Rainer." Anna's father answered.

"Good evening sir. This is Marjorie Smith, remember me." Mrs. Smith greeted, "I am calling concerning your daughter. You do remember you have a child, right?" Nelson's heart dropped at the lady's words. He knew something had gone horribly wrong.

"Annalise, what has happened to my Annalise?" he questioned.

"She's in the hospital. I felt as her parents you should be told. Please let her mother know. I know you two are extremely busy so I will not keep you." Marjorie explained keeping a tight rein on her emotions.

She wanted to scream at this man; this absentee Dad who left that beautiful young girl alone. Marjorie didn't understand, but as hard as it was for her, she'd keep her thoughts to herself, Anna didn't need this right now.

Nelson immediately called his wife. They were on a private jet within the hour on the way to the city. Anna's mother hoped that this was something minor and not serious, but Nelson wanted to see if his child was alright.

They rented a car and Nelson called Mr. Smith. He talked to him and found out what hospital she was at and why.

Nelson looked at his wife. He didn't want to tell her what he'd discovered. He knew this news would destroy his wife. She kept her feeling hidden because she had to in order to survive when she was young. She loved Anna, but she wasn't openly affectionate.

He felt that the Smith's didn't like them and held Anna's upbringing against them. But they loved that girl and made sure she had the best of everything. His only regret was the time they spent away when she was growing up. If he could change anything, it would be the way he allowed his daughter to be raised.

They pulled into the hospital parking lot and Brenda realized Nelson was not talking. He was watching her.

"Nelson, just tell me." Brenda demanded.

"She's pregnant and will probably miscarry." He told his wife.

"Noooooo! Nelson, noooo!" Brenda cried. Brenda closed her eyes to try and stop the memories of the past from resurfacing.

Brenda had five miscarriages before Annalise came into their lives. She was so hurt when she lost her children that she became severely depressed.

One weekend about two weeks after her last miscarriage, Nelson had to travel on business. Brenda was on medications to help her fight her depression could not go with him.

While Nelson was a way, a young lady from his office fancied him and made sure he drank heavily. When Nelson was completely inebriated, the young woman guided him to her room where she seduced him.

Thirteen months later, she showed up at his home carrying a four month old baby girl that she called Annalise, boasting that Nelson was the father of her child. Brenda looked at her husband and willed him to deny the accusation. Nelson froze and did not respond.

Brenda was devastated. As she quickly did the math in her head, she realized that this child had to have been conceived during the time Nelson had a business trip.

Brenda recalled that solemn day. "Nelson, do you know this girl? Could this be your child?" she asked.

Her husband did not respond. He stood looking at this woman and the baby she held and he knew that this was his child. He looked at his wife. The one he'd hurt with his callousness and said, "Baby, please. Let me explain."

Brenda was no longer listening. She remembered standing and walking away. Nelson ended up having test done and the test proved that he had indeed fathered a child. The young lady did not want to raise a child and wanted to surrender the baby to its father. Nelson collected his daughter and brought her home.

Despite it all, Brenda loved her husband. She even talked with the girl and found out that she's gotten him drunk and seduced him.

When Nelson first brought the baby home, Brenda wanted nothing to do with the little girl. That child represented one thing she desired most. She could never give birth to a child by her husband. One night Nelson was asleep, the nanny had the night off, and little Anna was screaming her head off in the nursery,

Brenda could not take the noise anymore, so she went in the nursery to see what she needed. When she walked in six month old Anna was laying in her crib reaching for someone to pick her up. Brenda lifted Anna from the crib, and the baby's arms circled her neck.

Her heart melted and in that instance, she fell in love with that little girl. Anna at that moment became her little girl. However, Barbara was not a woman that was extremely affectionate. She raised Anna as best she could with few hugs and affirming words.

She wanted her little girl to grow up strong and independent, so she pushed her to be independent and encouraged her to excel. Barbara focused on her career, and wanted to show her little girl that she could have her own career.

She knew the pain of losing your child and that was one pain she prayed her daughter never had to experience.

She and Nelson got out of the car and headed to the maternity ward. When they entered the floor, Brenda's heart dropped. She approached Anna's room as she pushed opened the door she saw her baby looking so small lying in a bed hooked up to monitors.

Anna looked up. "Momma, Daddy, why? Who called?"

Ross turned and glared at the older couple that had just entered her room.

In a tight controlled voice he said, "Mr. and Mrs. Rainer, please keep your visit short, Anna doesn't need to be upset."

"We just want to see if she is alright son, that's all." Nelson answered recognizing the glimmer in the young man's eyes.

Anna

"Hey, Jelly Belly, how are you feeling?" Nelson asked relieved to see that his baby was alert.

"I'm scared, daddy, But, I will be fine." Anna said trying to put on a brave face.

"Hey, Momma." She whispered to her mother. Brenda just sat down. She took Anna's hand.

"First I owe you an apology. I am a horrible mother. I was never there for you really and now this has happened." Brenda took a deep breath tears ran down her cheeks.

"Five, Anna. I lost five babies before you came into our lives." Mom cried softly. "When I lost my last baby, I almost died and the doctors told us if we tried again, I could die. I went into a deep depression. They even had me on suicide watch. Nelson was so worried that he hired a nurse to sit with me every day. He watched me like a hawk. He only let me go to the bathroom.

We've never lied to you Anna and you know that I didn't birth you, but you are the child of my heart. Your real mother was so young and foolish. She was looking for a man to take care of her. I was determined that you knew you could take care of yourself, so I have always been hard on you. Anna, I love you so much, but I am not good at showing it. The thing is Anna, you excelled and before long, you had a job and an apartment and didn't really need me around anymore.

I imagined you meeting the man of your dreams, marrying, and one day having the family we failed to provide for you. But I prayed that you never knew this pain. Anna, I pray your child is strong enough to survive." Momma held my hands as she talked.

"Momma, I love you." I whispered and she hugged me.

"I love you too baby." Momma whispered. Then I yawned.

Ross escorted my parents out of the room to let me sleep. The doctor was coming in later that morning to go over test results with us and we were both anxious.

Ross came back in after a while and took my hand and kissed it. He told me that Mrs. Smith found the number and called my Dad. They flew back here on a private jet.

Something was bothering him, but before I could ask a guy walked in.

He looked a lot like Ross, just older. "Mark, what are you doing here? Ross asked. I realized it was his older brother.

He walked over and introduced himself to me. He was gracious and told Ross that all of the family was praying for us and wanted him to call as soon as he got a chance.

"Ross, is your Mom here?" My heart rate picked up and the monitors started increasing.

Mark looked at me and said, "Hey, you're carrying my niece and I want to meet her one day. Calm down. You don't have to worry about Mom. I promise." Mark and Ross stepped outside and spoke. Ross came back in and sat with me

Ross took my hand. "She's been here since last night. She's worried about you and the baby, just stay calm." Ross reassured me as well.

Ross sat with me and I realized he was wearing the same clothes from the day before. "Ross have you gotten any rest. You need to go home and sleep. I will be fine for a while." I told him.

Dr. Gee came in to give us test results.

"Mr. Thompson, Ms. Rainer. We have the results from the test yesterday." I gripped Ross' hand. I prayed that our baby was alright.

Then Dr. Gee smiled. "The baby is fine. You were suffering from a vitamin and iron deficiency. I'm placing you on supplemental iron and vitamins for the duration of this pregnancy. I want you to schedule an appointment with my receptionist before you leave here today.

"I can go home?" I asked. "My baby is alright. Thank you doctor. Thank you." Tears of relief streamed down my face. Ross sat beside the bed and held on to my hand tightly. I was so relieved.

Dr. Gee smiled and continued. "The nurse will be in with your appointment and a sample package of the iron and vitamins you will need to take. Also, you have to stop worrying so much. Stress is not good for either of you. Now, you two congratulations."

As soon as the doctor walked put. Ross pulled me into his arms and held me. His body shook and I realized he was crying. I simply held him.

The door opened and a beautiful older blonde woman stood there. I knew who she was before she spoke.

"Mrs. Thompson, I am Anna, I am happy to finally meet you." When I spoke to his mother, Ross turned to face her.

"Momma, I told you to-," I stopped him.

"Ross, it's alright. We're fine." I reminded him.

"You've talked to the doctor and the baby is fine. Thank God." She rushed forward to hug me but Ross blocked her.

"Ross, she's your mother." I reminded him as I finally embraced the one woman I dreaded meeting.

The door opened and my Mom walked in. Ross then sat beside me and refused to bulge. He was determined to protect me from these two women.

"Ross, will you go and let everyone know what the doctor said, I need some time with Momma." He leaned over and kissed me. He told me I had no more than five minutes.

Ross looked at his mother and was about to ask her to come with him, but I told him I needed to talk to her also. He hesitated, but eventually he left.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers