The Overlook Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What happened to your uncle's ranch?" she asked.

"My Dad's the baby of the family, so Uncle Alex was getting on up in years. None of my cousins had any interest in working on it. They were only interested in finding out how fast they could drive in the opposite direction"

"What about you? Did you tell him how you felt?"

"Every day! But, I was only 13 at the time he had a stroke. My Aunt Sadie knew she couldn't run the place without him. They sold it, and he died a month after they moved into the retirement community. She's never forgiven herself. She thinks she caused his death because she forced him to leave the only place he ever loved."

Molly felt sad for this woman she'd never met.

"That's why your sentence of mucking stalls is more like pleasure than punishment."

Molly smiled weakly at him, still lost in all the things he had just told her.

Seth took her hands in his and stared into her eyes. "I really am sorry for spying on you. Really sorry. I probably deserve to go to jail."

Molly looked up into his angular face with his thin cheeks and his gentle eyes and replied softly, "Yeah, you probably do. Guess you caught me at a weak moment."

He smiled. "Timing's everything, huh?"

"Yeah." Molly decided Seth looked like a more rugged version of Hayden Christensen, the actor.

"Well, I better get back to Ami," he said abruptly turning back to the horse. She was startled at his sudden change. "Uhm, Ms. Fournier, do you think I could get some water or something?"

"Oh! I completely forgot. I bet you're dying, and call me Molly." She walked over and picked up a phone and dialed Henri, the head butler. In French, she told him that she had a guest in the barn and asked him to bring a large pitcher of iced tea and whatever wonderful delicacies he could find.

"Avec plaisir, Mademoiselle," he answered. ("With pleasure, Miss.")

Molly turned to Seth and said, "Since I did kidnap you, I suppose we can call it even, Seth. You really don't have to muck out the stalls."

He stood up and said, "A deal's a deal, Molly. Besides, I'm actually looking forward to it. I really miss the smell of the horses and the hay ... even the crap!"

She laughed. "I've never missed the stench of merde, even though I do love Ami."

"It is an acquired aroma," he replied. "If it's all the same to you, I would really like to complete my sentence."

She shook her head slightly and replied, "I've never met anyone attracted to horse shit, though I have met a quite a few people who were filled with it."

He shrugged and replied grinning, "Mom always says she worried about dropping me on my head a few too many times when I was a baby."

"That's something else I didn't think of. Do you have somewhere to be or need to call someone?"

"Nope. I'm on summer break from Colorado State, and Mom knows not to even think about me until dinner time at the earliest."

"Oh," Molly said smiling.

About that time, Henri came driving into the barn on a golf cart with a table, two chairs, flowers and two place settings, a drink cooler, and a picnic basket. He smiled and nodded to Molly and set everything up.

"Sera-t-il rien d'autre, Mademoiselle?" ("Will there be anything else, Miss?")

"No, Henri. Merci." Henri nodded and drove away. She turned to Seth and said, "I don't know what he fixed for us, but get ready to be blown away." Molly opened the basket to find salad nicoise, poached salmon, French rolls, and individual fruit tarts. She looked up at Seth's wide eyes and chuckled.

"This is a simple snack?" he asked.

"That's Henri. Father stole him from the Danish royal court. When I told Father I was coming to the ranch to clear my head, he put Henri on the next plane to take care of me."

"Your Dad sounds like a cool guy."

"He can be. I just wish I saw more of him."

They ate and drank in the middle of the barn and were as happy as if they were on the Champs-Elysées. The barn had a cooling system, so the surroundings weren't all that bad, if one didn't mind the smell.

Molly began opening up to Seth about her life and her recent blow-up with Federico Moretti, who was from one of the old money families in Northern Italy. "The Morettis are involved in shipping and manufacturing and happen to be one of the richest families in Europe. We were to be engaged, but I caught him cheating with my cousin and told him to go to hell. That's why I came here. I knew that time away with Ami would help me deal with the fallout from all of that."

"Damn! The only famous person I've ever met is a former lieutenant governor of Colorado, and that was only because one his tires blew out when it hit a fence nail right in front of our house."

Molly laughed loudly. "That's the first time I've laughed hard in quite awhile, Seth. Thank you."

He grinned. "I bet you never expected you'd be saying thanks to the weirdo who was spying on you."

She chuckled. "You're right about that!" Molly looked down at her watch and saw that it was 5:30. They had been talking non-stop for an hour and a half. "I didn't realize we'd been here this long. Listen, if you're really going to come here every day, I'm going to pay you," she said reaching for her purse.

He took her hands and laid down the purse. "You already have paid me, Molly."

She squinted and looked at him. "Excuse me?"

"Molly, just having the opportunity to get to know you is all the reward I want. Compared to that, money's pretty meaningless."

Molly was momentarily without words. Finally, she asked, "What planet are you from anyway, because you're definitely not like any of the men I've met on this rock?"

He snickered. Then he took one of her hands and tenderly kissed it, which sent an electric shock through her. "They sound like a pretty slow-witted breed to me."

That made her laugh again. "You'll get no argument here!"

"So, what time should I be here tomorrow?"Seth asked.

"Whenever you want," she answered. Then she added slowly, "You can even stay if you'd like ... for dinner, I mean."

"Thanks, but I know Mom's expecting me. Since Dad died, you know, dinner for one's not too much fun."

Molly's face sank, and she answered, "Oh ... sure."

Seth saw her disappointment and asked, "Molly, do you have dinner plans?"

"Me? No!" she blurted, probably a little too quickly, she thought.

"Want to come home with me? My Mom's a great cook, maybe not as good as Henri, but really good simple food. I think she's making fried chicken tonight, which is one of her specialties."

"But, what would she think about someone just dropping in unannounced for dinner?"

"She'd think, 'Thank God Seth's found a friend -- and a hot one at that,'" he said, squinting.

Molly hit his arm. "Oh, yeah, I'm sure that's what she'd say. You're terrible. If you really don't think she'd mind, I'd love to join you. I'll get the car and meet you at the front of the house." Seth picked up the brushes and led Ami to the outside pen so the horse could stretch his legs and nibble on some grass. Then, Seth met Molly in her red BMW Cabriolet, and they drove to Seth's house. It was just as Molly had imagined ... a white clapboard house with a huge wraparound porch and a white picket fence.

"Mom! I'm home!" he shouted as they entered.

"It's about time. The chicken's going to -- Oh!" she said when she entered the room and saw Molly. "I didn't know you were bringing a friend."

"Hi, I'm Molly," she said extending her hand.

"It's nice to meet you, Molly. I'm Cathy," she said extending her own hand.

"I hope it's okay that I showed up unannounced. I wasn't sure whether to trust Seth on that or not," she said with a concerned look on her face.

"Oh, dear, any friend of Seth's is always welcome here. I usually cook like I'm feeding a fire hall, so there'll be plenty."

"Mom, I'm going to take a quick shower. Molly's really nice. Just take her into the kitchen. I'll be back before you know it," he said as he bounded up the stairs.

Cathy got them some lemonade, and they sat at the kitchen table. "I love your home," Molly said looking around. "It's a real home, not a decorator model house."

"No, it's definitely not that," Cathy said, chuckling.

"Where do you live, Molly?"

"On a ranch at Pickens Junction."

Cathy wrinkled her brow. "Pickens Junction, hmm? The only ranch I know of there is ..." she stopped and looked at Molly. Molly smiled and shrugged. "So, you're Molly Fournier? Wait until the women at the garden club hear I entertained Molly Fournier. I'll probably get my picture on the front page of the newsletter!" Molly laughed hard at that.

"So, what do you think of her, Mom?" Seth asked as he raced into the kitchen.

"I think she's lovely, dear," Cathy said. Then she leaned into Seth and whispered loudly, "And, she's hot!" Seth turned to look at Molly and give her an I-told-you-so look. Molly laughed so hard she practically fell onto the floor.

They dined on fried chicken, fresh corn, biscuits, and tossed salad. Cathy had baked a German chocolate cake for dessert. She also kept the conversation lively by telling Molly about all the mischief Seth got into growing up. Molly's favorite story was about the time he wanted to feel grown up and cut a paper bag into strips so he could fill them with his Dad's pipe tobacco in an effort to make his own cigarettes. He lit his first one, took a huge puff, and started coughing so hard he got dizzy and passed out, nearly setting the house on fire in the process.

Afterwards, they all went out on the porch to rock and swing. Cathy brought out some brandy, and they continued talking. Cathy watched Seth and Molly look at each other. The only time Seth's eyes strayed from Molly was when he looked at his mother out of politeness. Cathy also watched Molly gaze at Seth long after he had finished talking.

"Oh ... it's almost 9:00. I've got to go," Cathy said, setting down her glass.

"Mom, where are you rushing to?" Seth asked.

"'Lipstick Jungle's' coming on, dear. You know I never miss that show! It was a pleasure meeting you, Molly. I hope you'll come back many times. You are always welcome."

"Thank you, Cathy. I do feel very welcome here." Cathy kissed Seth on the forehead and Molly on the cheek, and she was off.

"Your Mom's like an energy tornado," Molly remarked.

"That she is," Seth replied smiling. He looked down into Molly's beautiful, beautiful face, and his smile faded as he got lost in her radiance. He followed the feminine curve of her eyebrows arching over those mesmerizing blue-green eyes. His gaze flowed down her pert nose and soft, slender cheeks to the cardinal creaminess of her lips. Her supple lips looked so inviting that he bent down to meet them with his own. Molly closed her eyes and shivered in anticipation of their mouths colliding for the first time.

Seth gently brushed her lips and placed his hand along her cheek to draw her face closer to him. She immediately felt the heat in her face as she flushed from the rush of blood storming out of her pounding heart. He inhaled her perfume and pressed his lips harder against her and invaded her mouth with his tongue. He was already granite hard when he pulled her onto his lap. She sighed as she pressed into his crotch to feel his full length.

Molly felt the heat continue to rise in her body as she ran her fingers through his soft hair. She turned so she could press her whole body into Seth. She had an aching need to consume him. They lost all track of time as they melded into each other's embrace.

After a small eternity, she broke their embrace and panted to catch her breath. "Seth ... I ..." she stammered as she tried to regain her composure. He just sat there with a big smile on his face. "I ..." she said as she got lost in his eyes again.

"You have to go?" he asked, raising one eyebrow.

She pointed at her car and spluttered, "Uhm ... yeah ... I ..." He rose from the swing and reached down to take her hand. Then, he walked her to her car. She unlocked the door and turned back to him. He put his arms around her and kissed her again. She immediately wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him feverishly. She finally broke from him and reached for the car door explaining, "If I don't drive away from those lips right now, I'll never leave."

"That's the idea," Seth said grinning.

"God, you're so cute," she said as she kissed him again. Molly surrendered to kisses two more times before finally getting into the car. "Ok ... uh ... yeah ..."

Seth chuckled at her bewilderment. "See you tomorrow morning!" he shouted as she drove away. She waved to him as she left.

When Molly drove past the iron gate into her driveway, she suddenly realized that she had no recollection of the drive at all. Her thoughts were consumed by Seth. In some ways, the evening was like a first date in high school, only Molly hadn't experienced normal high school. She attended a formidable Swiss academy where future world leaders roamed its hallways. Dates were social events and led to conversations about the financial symmetry of the two families involved.

Her evening with Seth was raw and pure and charged with more sexual energy than she had ever felt. How could she ever explain Seth to her father? Why was she even contemplating such long-term ramifications with a college senior she'd only met that day? But, the fact was ... she was more excited about seeing Seth in the morning than any personal encounter she'd ever had. None of the world famous men she'd dated created a sexual inferno like the one she currently felt. It felt good. It felt right. It felt like this was how love was supposed to make you feel ... crazy and giddy and wet and excited, not like you're portfolio just gained a couple of points in value.

Molly masturbated three times before finally drifting into slumber. All three times, she had her eyes closed and replayed the feeling of Seth's thick erection pressed against her hips as she sat on his lap. Morning couldn't come too soon.

As the clock approached 9:00 am, Molly threw more and more clothes on the floor of her closet. She couldn't decide what to wear. She felt like a stupid schoolgirl, but that still didn't solve her dilemma.

Seth arrived on his bike, using the 15-mile ride as an opportunity to get in a workout. He rang the front doorbell and asked Henri if he could see Molly. In broken English, Henri explained that she had not yet descended for breakfast. Seth asked him to give her the bouquet of wildflowers he'd picked that morning from Cathy's flower bed. Then, he went whistling into the barn the start his chores.

Molly finally settled on a simple outfit similar to the one she'd worn the second day at the Outlook: very short denim shorts (she thought her legs were her best feature) and a yellow checked shirt tied snugly under her breasts.

She walked into the barn to find Seth talking to Ami and giving him fresh alfalfa and hay. When Molly approached, he froze and looked at her. She could feel his eyes scanning her body. He smiled broadly and looked so happy to see her that she felt butterflies in her stomach.

"How is it even possible that you get more beautiful every time I see you?" She blushed.

"You're just a horny peeping tom. At least, I'm wearing clothes this time."

"For the moment," he said with a devilish look in his eyes. She rolled her eyes and tried to hide her grin.

"Have you had breakfast?" she asked. Seth stopped and looked at her with raised eyebrows, reminding her that he was Cathy's son. "You've had breakfast. So, you want to go for a ride?"

"Yeah," Seth said excitedly.

"You can take your pick, but ..."

"That one!" Seth said, pointing to a tall brown stallion with a black man and black markings on his legs.

Molly laughed and shook her head since he immediately picked Max, the horse she was getting ready to suggest. "His name is Max. He's probably Ami's best friend ..."

"Other than you," he interrupted.

"Yes ... other than me," she said as she smiled at him. "I'm curious. What made you choose Max?"

"He looks very sure of himself ... very much in control. I've already paid him a visit of respect and fed him. He looked down at me, but he lowered his head so I could rub his muzzle. He acknowledged my homage to him and gave me permission to ride him. I figured he will provide a great ride."

"You are full of surprises, young Mr. Majors. You're right on all counts. Showing Max that you respect him is vital. Otherwise, you'll end up in the nearest cactus patch!" she said giggling.

"That sounds like the voice of experience talking."

"Not me," she said quickly. "Have you heard of Peter DeMarco?"

"The actor? Dr. Stephanic from 'Mercy Hospital?'" Seth asked.

"That's the one. I met him at a charity event, and he came to the ranch. He wanted to impress me with his knowledge of horses. So, he decided to slap a saddle on Max. Peter was trying to show off for me and wasn't paying any attention to Max. Max began blowing the ground and pawing the dirt. As soon as Peter mounted him, Max took off like a rocket and headed straight for that cactus patch on the other side of the fence. He galloped as hard as he could go. Peter was hanging on for dear life. Max stopped on a dime and threw Peter right over the fence. Peter landed butt-first in that chollo patch," she recounted.

Seth winced at the thought of a butt full of the long, sharp needles of the jumping cactus. "Needless to say, Max was very pleased with himself!" Seth laughed so hard he fell against the wall. Molly looked up at the big horse and added, "I gave Max an extra helping of oats that night after we got the last needle out of Peter's butt. We had to send him home on Daddy's private jet so he could lie on his stomach in the aisle." Seth had to wipe the tears from his eyes. Molly walked over to pat Max's neck.

"Don't just stand there, cowboy. Saddle up!" Molly said as she climbed onto the Ami's saddle.

"What about the chores?" he asked.

She looked around and answered, "It looks to me like Ramirez and his crew have already taken care of the lusty aroma of horse droppings."

"Ramirez?" Seth asked with raised eyebrows.

"Uh huh," Molly answered, trying not to smile.

"Ramirez and his crew?" Seth said as he sauntered next to Molly.

"Yep," she said stifling a giggle.

"Just a wandering band of stable cleaners no doubt," he said walking his fingers up her thigh.

"Of course," she said, still trying to hold back her laugh.

"That's good because if Ramirez ..."

"... and his crew ..."

"... and his crew worked here every day, there would have been no reason to march me half way across Colorado with my Johnson flapping in the breeze," he said, still playing with her thigh and looking up at her with skeptical eyes.

"Certainly not," she replied giggling.

He walked his fingers up her shorts to her flat belly and added, "Anyone who did that might deserve payback for the payback."

"Maybe ... but one thing's for certain ..."

"What might that be?"

"You'll have to catch me first!" With that, she slapped the reins against Ami, and they bolted out the barn. She yelled back, "Race you to the quarry!" Seth leapt onto Max's saddle and snapped his reins in a pale hope of catching her.

Molly roared out of the gate and over the hill across the road. Ami didn't get a chance to gallop as often as he would like, so he took full advantage and kicked up a huge cloud of dust as he sped along the dry earth. Seth hadn't ridden in a couple of years, so he started slow. But once he became comfortable on Max, he let the big stallion loose, and the race was on.

They sped through the scrub forest, past the abandoned farm house from the 1800s, through the river, and along the ridge. Molly looked back at Seth working madly to catch her and howled with laughter. She was having as much fun as Ami. She could see the edge of the abandoned quarry in the distance and knew Seth had no chance of catching her. Molly began tightening Ami's reins as they got close. Seth saw her slowing down and took the cue to do the same with Max. He trotted beside her and bowed his head in defeat. Molly threw back her head and laughed heartily.