The Pandora Effect Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
boneams
boneams
740 Followers

"Are you in on this too Newton? Have you both lost your fucking minds?"

"What my best friend Adam here was telling you is the truth, werewolves do exists. I found out recently that they actually started out as some sort of guardian. I'm not gonna bore you with the details except to say that there are some good and some not so good."

Dan Vasquez slowly stood up, as he did, he raised his hands in a peaceful gesture. "Listen Kev, we've know each other for a while now. I just want to know if you've been smoking the same crack pipe as L-tee."

"Nope, never had much use of the stuff V-man. I know werewolves are real -- because I am one." Kevin let the news sink in as he watched his teammates try to suppress their smirks.

"You all think this is funny."

"Yes," they answered.

"You're my closest friends and you think I've lost my mind."

"Without a doubt," Carl said loudly.

"You think I belong in the funny farm."

"I'll drive you there myself Dvorska, after I punch your lights out," Bob said.

"Then please feel free to let me know how funny you think this is."

With a quick wink towards Adam, Electrician's Mate Second Class Kevin Dvorska, embraced his true self in front of his friends. As the large brown beast emerged quickly, Adam watched the reaction of his team.

As Kevin quickly growled fiercely at his friends, he saw the expected reaction of being frozen with fear, unable to move. He made a quick movement towards his nearest friend, Carl Werner. His mouth was open in a silent scream and his body shook violently.

Adam slowly rose and moved towards Kevin. "That's what I was trying to tell you guys, it's a werewolf's greatest weapon. Kevin here could have killed us all by the time you clowns got around to reacting."

"You -- you -- you knew -- about -- him?" Bob stuttered.

"Yeah Bob I knew about Kevin. He had to do the same thing to me in Predjama to save my life. I think I took it a little better than you guys are. What do you think Kev?"

He looked up at his friend with gleaming gold eyes, and then shoved his massive head against his body. As Adam stumbled backwards, he laughed at the large mass of fur, muscle, and claws. Garrett looked at his own point man, as Jake laughed lightly at the fake attack.

"Jake, shoot that damn thing before it kills us all!"

"What, with this thing? It wouldn't do anything but piss him off Garrett. That's the other thing you want to consider when you're confronted with a werewolf. Never ever just piss them off, it usually ends badly for someone. If you're gonna shoot one, make it count the first time."

"How do you know about..."

"Because I'm a werewolf too Director Brown. Rules are we're supposed to keep the truth about our existence a secret, but Kevin here convinced me otherwise. I guess you can say I'm coming out of the closet."

"I don't believe it."

"Well Garrett I tell you what, how about if I change and Adam here can answer your questions."

Adam still had a smile on his face from Kevin's head butt. "Hey don't make me the guinea pig here, besides you know more about them than I do. Hey Kev, maybe you should back up a little and let the guys have a moment to let it sink in huh."

When Kevin turned and retreated to the corner of the room, V-man tried to get to the door. When he made his move, Kevin released a low and meaningful growl. The SEAL sniper stopped dead in his tracks when the werewolf cocked his head towards him.

"Um -- that may not be the brightest course of action. Kevin wants us to settle this by ourselves," Jake said quickly.

"Wait a second, that thing can really understand you?" V-man stared at Kevin in disbelief.

"That -- thing -- has a name, it's Kevin. Listen guys, he can hear you and understand you. Hell he can also smell the fear that is stinking up the room," Jake said as he waived a hand in front of his nose.

"Bullshit, werewolves are supposed to be..."

Jake glared back at them. "To be what V-man, fairy tales, myths, movie props that scare children so they cry in their sleep? I wish you all would stop relaying on what you -- think -- you know and open yourself up to the possibility that not everything you believe is true. How long have you all known Kevin? Has he ever done anything to you beside be your friend?"

"But why didn't he tell us in the first place?" Carl asked.

"Oh gee Carl let me think about that one for a minute -- you moron."

Kevin got up off the floor and approached Jake slowly after hearing his comment towards his friend. Jake could tell his new friend was not happy and took a step back. "What, like you've never called them a moron."

"Just so you understand he doesn't mean you any harm, look at how protective he is of everyone," Adam told said as he looked at his stunned team.

Both Kevin and Jake snapped their heads quickly towards the door. They could hear the quick footsteps and the hurried voices coming down the corridor. Bob Holiday took one look at Kevin, then towards the door and knew something wasn't right.

"Boss, I think our little meeting is about to be interrupted by someone looking for a Navy SEAL who is supposed to be near death and in a coma."

"Well this just got even more interesting. Kevin, you better change back while we try to keep them out."

Adam and Carl rushed to the door while Kevin transformed back to his human form. The small group of men gasped aloud as a human Kevin slumped to the floor in the now shredded hospital gown. Jake helped him up while John unfolded the new gown and tossed it to Kevin. Adam could hear the doorknob rattle as the unwanted visitors tried to get in.

"Dawson, make it easy on yourself and open the door." He could hear Major General Fairwood was not happy.

"Um -- yeah General, we were just finishing up in here. Give us moment to collect ourselves."

"Boss, this doesn't look good. How the hell are we going to explain a walking, talking, patient that got out of heart surgery within the last hour?" Bob asked as he rushed to the trashcan for the weapons and began handing them out.

Adam looked around the room with an uncertain look. He couldn't tell his men he had no idea what to do now. A true leader always knew what to do in any crisis, but very few leaders were ever faced with a situation of having to explain miracles to a two star General before.

"Try and stall for a few more minutes Adam, I have an idea," Garrett said as he grabbed the phone in the corner of the room.

"God damn it Dawson! You open this fucking door or I'll have the MP's smash it down! That an order Lieutenant!"

"Um -- hang on General, keep your panties on."

Bob gave his team leader a stunned look. "What, it's the only thing I could come up with. You wanna get over here and talk to him instead? Whatever it is you're doing Garrett, would you mind picking up the pace a bit."

"I'm gonna have your balls in my fucking desk Dawson. Sargent, destroy that damn door and get me in there."

Adam and Carl braced themselves for the impact. As their bodies rocked back, they placed a foot behind them and kept the door braced. Carl smiled at the thought of an undersized Air Force puke slamming into a door that wouldn't give.

Adam smiled back, but the friendly smile didn't last long. Luckily, their faces were about a foot apart as the working end of an axe split the wooden door between them. Just as they jumped back, it appeared again, where Carl's head was just moments ago.

The team separated as they watched the door disintegrate into small pieces of useless lumber. A muscular Air Force sergeant kicked the rest of the door in and entered quickly. Behind him, another MP forced his way past the other, followed by General Fairwood and two nurses. The look on Fairwood's face gave little to the imagination, as he stood between the two Military Policemen, fuming with anger.

"I'm going to have you doing time in the filthiest prison..."

Major General Douglas Fairwood stood in absolute shock as he stared at the standing form of a patient he just operated on. Kevin saw the look on his face and smiled, then waved a hand at the speechless surgeon.

"Hi there, you must be the guy who operated on me. Nice job in there, I feel good as new. There's a logical explanation to my standing here, I just can't put it in words just yet."

"You -- you should -- the coma and..."

Adam saw a chance to get out of this while the General was still stunned. "Kevin seems to be just fine, so if you'll excuse us." Adam only took one-step towards the doorway before Fairwood came to his senses.

"You're not going anywhere Lieutenant. Sargent, place that man under arrest, now!" The muscular MP quickly pulled his 9mm Berretta out and pointed at Adam's chest.

It would have been useful information to the MP that he was trying to arrest a Navy SEAL in front of his team, when he saw their weapons now trained on him and his partner. He slowly scanned the faces of the SEALs and realized he'd just made a grave mistake.

The General puffed up his chest in defiance and stepped forward. "You men drop your weapons on the floor this instant! Do it now or you can all join him in the brig!"

"No can do General. That's our team leader and the only place he goes is with us," Bob said as he pulled the hammer back on his Sig Sauer.

"You snotty little son of bitch. If flogging was still used in the Navy, I'd have you..."

Garrett Brown suddenly held the phone out towards the livid General. "Sorry to interrupt General, but someone would like a word with you."

"Fuck you! I don't care who you've called, I'll have you all shot!"

Garrett lowered the phone slightly and glared at the elderly man. "Sir, with all due respect to your rank, and the ability you showed in the operating room. If you don't answer this fucking phone, I'm gonna let the Chief there put one in your ass. Now answer the God -- damn- phone!"

Fairwood stormed past the extended weapons of the SEALs and shoved Director Brown backwards as he grabbed the handset. He was shaking with fury as he looked at the CIA operative with daggers in his eyes. He brought the black device up to the side of his face, never loosing eye contact with Garret.

"This is Major General Douglas Fairwood. Who the -- fuck -- is this!" he screamed. As the response came over the line, Fairwood smiled and gave a slight chuckle.

"Yeah right, and I'm the fucking Easter Bunny. Nice to finally get to chat with..."

Garrett's jaw dropped at the General's cynical remark and he took a step back. He could hear the screaming coming from the phone and wanted no part of it. As Kevin and Jake watched the blood rush from Fairwood's face, they turned their heads to pick up the faint voice on the other end of the phone.

Kevin couldn't quite place the voice because of the screaming. Suddenly, it dawned on him who the General was talking to and joined Garrett in his look of astonishment. He moved closer to Jake and whispered softly enough that only he could hear him.

"Please tell me that's not who I think it is."

"Man, when the General steps in it, he really goes all out doesn't he," Jake replied with a quiet snicker.

"Uh -- yes Sir -- I will Sir. I understand Sir, first flight out in the morning Sir."

Adam looked over at Garrett who was busy trying to control the smile trying to spread across his face. When he looked over, Adam shrugged his shoulders in question but Garrett waved him off.

The room was eerily quiet as the General slowly placed the phone into its cradle with shaking hands. He took a moment to gather what was left of his dignity, then turned to face the bewildered SEAL team. He took a deep breath and released it slowly.

"Sargent, lower your side arm and step aside. These men are free to go, but I want Dvorska back in the recovery room."

"Um -- General, I really feel fine and I can have the doctors check me over at Aviano."

"Fine, if anything happens it's on you. Lieutenant, get the fuck out of my hospital, and I don't want to ever see your face again."

"Yes Sir. SEAL team, on my ass. Bob, secure us transportation back to Aviano."

The team hurriedly followed their leader out, as Kevin tried to keep the back of his gown closed. Garrett walked quickly past the others to get to Adam's side. When he tugged on his flight suit, Adam turned his head.

"In case you were meaning to say it and forgot, you're welcome for getting you out of there."

"I didn't forget. Hell, I could have called up a four star and got the same results."

"I know, that's why I called the President instead," he replied with a laugh.

Thanks for reading everyone. I hope it didn't twist and turn too much. Sorry I haven't put a lot of sex scenes in yet, but the story sort of flowed that way. Next chapter will have some racy scenes in for everyone, so just hang in there. Don't forget to vote and let me know how I'm doing. Happy New Year everyone.

boneams
boneams
740 Followers