The Pandora Effect Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
boneams
boneams
737 Followers

Adam shook his head clear; the others could see from the look on his face that he was starting to lose his temper. He knew had to stay calm, but at the same time, anger sometimes pushed him further.

"Alright, I've had just about enough of this bullshit! Wolfie, V-man, if you two don't figure out a way to get these assholes subdued, I'm personally gonna tell every sniper in the fucking world that you two couldn't hit a barn with a shotgun if you were standing next to it! Now earn your God damn pay!

"Damn it Adam, all I can see is the top of the wall!" V-man screamed back.

Wolfie knew they must be reloading for another shot, and Adam's tone was right on target. If they didn't do something soon, it was game over the team. "I've had about enough of this shit too. Dan, keep your crosshairs on that cement wall, I'll give you something to shoot at in two seconds."

Mark Wolfhorst slowly released his breath, then pulled the hair trigger of the .50 caliber. As the round penetrated the rear tires of the trailer, he knew it wouldn't cause much damage to the men hidden behind it, but with any luck, it would cause the desired effect.

V-man saw the trailer dip down from the blown tire, but that wasn't what made him smile. The concussion from the explosion forced the merc holding the rocket propelled grenade to lean over the wall. Alpha's sniper steadied the SR-25, then pulled the trigger. It took a half a second for his scope to be immersed in a bright orange flash, as the round pierced the grenade.

As the smoke cleared, both snipers peered through their scopes. V-man could see Kevin and John peek over the barricade they crouched behind with care. The terminal area was bathed in an unnerving quiet, as the rest of the SEALs came out of hiding.

John stood up and looked at the four-foot hole that now graced the side of the trailer. As he scanned the shredded bodies of the men that lay scattered on top of the dividing wall, he crossed himself and whispered a small prayer for the dead. He grabbed his throat mike and smiled. "Now that's what I call extreme prejudice V-man."

"Thanks, I guess I get to keep my job huh little buddy."

"It's about time you two got in the game," Adam muttered. "All teams, converge on the warehouse -- now!"

V-man and Wolfie monitored the area as the teams made their way to the large building. Due to his injury, Adam was the last to arrive at the group of SEALs gathering at the front door to join up with Kevin and John.

When John saw his Senior Chief's arm in a sling and his shoulder covered in bright red bandages, he rushed over to check him. "We can't take you anywhere, can we Bob," John chuckled.

"It's going to be a hard ride back Doc, with my foot in your ass."

"Listen up, we didn't see the tangos leave during the firefight, so I have to assume the little bastards are still in there. Bravo, outside security. If anyone else other that a SEAL comes out, make sure they don't take another fucking breath," Adam growled.

"Um -- can we include the two CIA guys on that last one?" Garrett added.

As Bravo left to get into position, Adam grabbed Lieutenant Jack Patrick by the arm hard. "Listen to me Jack, I know you're going to want to rush in and help, but don't . Under no circumstances are you or any of your team to enter the building."

"What if you guys need back up?"

"That's an order Lieutenant! No matter what happens or what you hear, no one goes inside!"

"Aye, aye Sir. I'll see you when it's all over," he replied, then shook his friend's hand with a firm grip.

Now that his beloved team was around him, Adam surveyed the condition of the men. He knew what kind of enemy was waiting for them inside, and he began to wonder if they could still pull it off with a limited amount of firepower.

Jake saw the turmoil within the SEAL he grew to call his friend. The young werewolf placed his hand on Adam's shoulder, trying to settle his growing fear. "It's up to me and Kevin to kill these two. You guys don't have to get involved."

"Spoken like a true Marine, but SEALs don't work alone, Jake," Adam replied as he patted the young werewolf's hand.

"I'm in better shape than you are Adam, I'll lead them in," Bob said.

"With a busted wing and a shot of morphine? I doubt that Bob, you stay out here and help cover the exits. If just one of them comes out as a werewolf, you and V-man are the only ones who won't freeze up," Adam said as he placed his hand on his friend's good shoulder.

"Yeah, I see your point."

Adam slammed a fresh magazine in a pulled the slide back. "Kevin, Jake, up the middle. Carl, you and John take up the right side. Garrett and I will take left. Remember, they don't escape with the virus, or none of us lives to regret it."

"Are you sure you want to go in Adam? You can't move very well," Kevin asked.

"That's why I have a werewolf as my back up. I hope that medallion really works."

"I took down Kordic back in Predjama with it didn't I?"

"Yeah, and as I remember, you had help with that one," Adam reminded him.

"Um -- excuse me, what the fuck am I, a Pomeranian?" Jake asked in annoyance.

Garrett slapped him in the back. "Hey if the shoe fits Marine. Masks on and let's go say hi." The S.A.D. Director pulled his mask down and opened the front door with caution.

**********

Bashir studied the humans' as they began entering the large warehouse. The beast inside him fought for release as two of them stopped in the center and began scanning the area. He ducked back down and looked at his mate as she held the unwrapped canister that contained the world's deadliest virus.

"The fools have only sent in four men and their two lap dogs. They won't attack us as long as they think we'll release the virus, so kill the humans first then we take care of the traitors." Bashir's eyes displayed the hatred he felt about the two werewolves sent to kill them.

**********

When the team was in position, Kevin and Jake sniffed the air. They both locked in on a small office on the other side of the room. Jake snapped his fingers to get the others attention, and indicated the position of their intended targets. All at once, the lethal men trained their weapons at the doorway across the room.

"We can do this one of two ways Haddad. Give us the virus and I promise you a nice long life in a dog kennel of your choice, or everyone dies and it ends here," Adam yelled.

Kevin glanced over at his friend in shock. He wasn't sure it was a good idea to aggravate the situation by bantering a werewolf, but given the circumstances, they had very little to lose. He was about to call out to the terrorists for some understanding of what was going to happen to the world, when Bashir and Rashida came out holding two gray canisters. The male terrorist, bent on destroying the world, had a 9mm gun pressed up against the side.

Adam stared at the two human shaped werewolves as they walked towards the middle of the room with caution. "Yep, next time some CIA puke wants my help -- shoot him."

"Your talented escorts are just outside Bashir. I'm sorry to say they won't be helping you any longer," Garrett said as he trained his weapon at Bashir's head.

Bashir stopped and began checking the sides and overhead for any more threats. He held the canister tight as he glared at the insolent human. "Put your weapons down and let us leave, and I'll allow you to live another day."

"Sorry Bashir, but if you give us the virus we might just have a deal," Garrett replied as he kept his aim steady.

Kevin pulled his desert eagle out of its holster and handed it to his team leader. Jake followed suit as he handed his to Carl, then both of them laid their MP5's and masks on the ground. Kevin knew he had one chance at ending the standoff, if they would listen to reason was the sticking point.

Rashida noticed the two werewolves approach as she glared at them with disdain. Given their build, she was sure they were a formidable size wolf, but being with humans as pets their skill was no match for her and her mate.

When Kevin and Jake stood in front of them, they showed no emotion as they stared down the two terrorists. The four studied each other for only a brief moment, but to the other SEALs, it was as if hours had passed by.

"You two disgust me. How dare you betray your own kind, and then stand there like your one of us," Bashir said in a low arrogant tone.

"I think you should know that you've been played this whole time by Nadia Karpov. That virus not only kills every living thing, and that includes our own kind, but it turns them into some kind of zombie. If you release that virus, you'll be responsible for the total demise of humanity AND werewolves," Kevin said as he tried to reason with him.

"You're making that up to try and get us to lower our guard," Rashida responded with a hint of skepticism.

Jake shook his head in frustration. "Sorry lady, but he's telling you the truth. We saw what that shit does when we took down Mansur. The whole crew and your mercenary friends were like the walking dead."

"Why should we believe anything you say? Two of our own kind that are nothing but subservient lap dogs. After we kill your human owners over there, my mate and I are going to show you what a true werewolf is supposed to do," Bashir growled.

Kevin stood his ground as the threat to his friends hung in the air. "You can think of us however you want Bashir. I'm sure I can't change your mind on that matter. If this whole undertaking was to have werewolves run the world, then let's settle it as our true selves. We win, we get the virus; you win, you keep it but they get to leave."

"Your -- masters -- are not worth the bargaining price." Bashir snickered at the offer.

"Fine, if you two win you can have this as a prize too."

Kevin pulled the Lycanthrope Medallion out in plain view as he watched Bashir's eyes widen as he gazed upon the sacred artifact. He saw the recognition in his face, along with the need to possess the one thing that would make them supreme above all others.

"How could someone as pathetic as you have the medallion?"

"Maybe my buddy and I aren't as playful as you might believe." Kevin tucked the medallion away and took a few steps back. Jake did the same but moved off to the side as he stared down Rashida Turk.

Adam watched as the two point men took defensive positions. He knew within a few moments, World War 3 was about to start. All he could do was watch and hope for a clean shot without damaging the virus.

"I've got a clean head shot Adam. I can end this here," Garrett whispered.

"They drop that virus and it opens, we lose Kevin and Jake. We have to wait for another opening." Adam realized Garrett had a point, but he also knew that his friend's life was too steep a price to pay.

Bashir slowly lowered the virus down and placed it between himself and Kevin. When he took a step back, Rashida set her canister next to his and moved off to the side. They both knew they were now defenseless and might be harmed if the humans opened fire. In just a blink of the eye, two very large werewolves stared back with gleaming gold eyes. Bashir growled with anger as he revealed his large canine teeth.

Kevin took a deep breath, then allowed his true self to emerge from the darkness within him. The muscular werewolf growled back at his enemy and displayed his own menacing teeth, as Jake's large brown mass joined him on the makeshift battlefield.

"Holy Mother of God, Jake was telling me the truth," Garrett whispered.

The pair of evil wolves moved away from the canisters, but as Rashida took her next step, Jake lunged. Rashida was impressed at his speed, as she leapt at him with her razor sharp talons pointed out. The two hit each other with force as Jake dodged the knife like weapons. Their massive heads battling for position and a quick killing bite.

Kevin knew this must be Jake's first time battling another wolf because of his aggressiveness. Kevin studied his own opponent with restraint as Bashir prepared to attack. He could also sense Bashir's hesitation, thinking his own challenger would follow his friend's actions and strike first. When Kevin made no move to attack, Bashir began to wonder if the despicable pet wolf was unsure how to fight.

"Young stupid fool," Bashir thought as he released a low, deep, growl.

With practiced speed, Bashir sprang towards the young wolf and was prepared to sink his large teeth into the thick meat of Kevin's neck. Kevin felt the medallion's power flow through his body, as he watched Bashir as if in slow motion. This never happened during his first fight in Predjama and he realized the precious medallion had just chosen him as its rightful owner.

Kevin shifted to the side an allowed his enemy to get close to his neck. The increased agility surprised him, as he slashed the side of Bashir's face with four destructive claws. Bashir felt the vicious pain as his flesh was torn in strips. When he stumbled to the side in disbelief, Kevin saw his opening and attacked the older wolf, as the two became a tangled mass of fur and teeth.

Garrett followed the four wolves that battled in front of him with his weapon. He kept looking for a clear shot, but their movements were so fast he couldn't risk hitting one of his own. Adam was trying to do the same thing with the desert eagle, but Kevin kept twisting and blocking his shot.

"Jesus Christ Adam, I can't tell which one is which," Carl screamed.

Jake was impressed with the strength of Rashida Turk as they stood on their hind legs trying to get an advantage on one another. He wailed in pain as she sunk her teeth into his powerful shoulder. With all his might, he slammed the side of his huge head into hers as she pulled the flesh from his body.

He could feel the blood dripping down his front leg, as he compressed his own sharp cuspids into the back of her neck. The pain in his shoulder fueled his anger as he rolled to his left and flipped her over. As the lighter werewolf flew over him, he placed his hind paws against her body and flung her towards the wall.

It was that same anger that caused him not to consider the move before hand, as the brown mass flew straight towards Carl Werner. The three hundred pound she-wolf crashed into the Navy SEAL hard as the pair slammed against the wall. The only thing that saved his spine was the canvas backpack he wore.

Adam saw his chance as he moved the .50 caliber handgun up. As he was about to pull the trigger, Rashida darted towards him with lightning speed and slammed her massive head into his ribs. When he buckled under the force, he pulled the trigger and fired one round harmlessly into the ceiling. Rashida left the disabled human on the ground as she shot back towards Jake.

Kevin heard the shot ring out and glanced at his friend as he crumpled to the floor. He was torn between helping him and trying to take out Bashir who was giving as good as he got. His body exploded in pain as he felt his front leg give out when the larger werewolf clamped down on it with vise like jaws. He howled in agony as his body was forced to the floor.

**********

Carlos Hernandez was kneeling down by Lieutenant Patrick as they covered the building. When he heard the terrifying howl, he started to get up. "What in God's name was that?"

Jack grabbed his arm. "Dawson said we stay put, and that's exactly what we're going to do sailor."

**********

Garrett could see the four werewolves were busy with each other as the continued to fight with fierceness. He knew he could stop it if he could just get the virus out of the building and in a safe place. With a quick burst of speed, he ran towards the unguarded canisters as the other men watched in amazement.

Bashir also saw him race towards the prize and released his opponent's leg. Just as the human was about to reach for one of the canisters, Bashir forced his immense head into the side of his body and slung the human head first into a large steel rack. The other men watched as he slumped to the floor.

John watched in horror as another teammate went down. When he felt Adam trying to get up, he helped him lean against the wall. "Don't move too much Boss, you got some broken ribs. Maybe it's time we call in Bravo?"

"No -- they -- they don't -- come in." Adam winced with each word as the pain stung him.

John grabbed the desert eagle and looked out towards the fighting. With no clear shot, all he could do watch the battle ensue, then an idea came to mind. "Kevin, skeet shooting!" he screamed.

As he watched Bashir dive for his exposed throat with his powerful jaws open for the kill, Kevin twisted his hips and shoved his back legs into the mid-section of the attacking monster. It took everything the medallion had to offer to heave his enemy into the air. He watched as Bashir Haddad hung motionless for a split second.

John held the grip of the handgun tight, and then pulled the trigger on the powerful weapon. The sound was deafening as the depleted uranium round left the barrel. When it connected with Bashir's massive chest, it forced him back almost a foot as the werewolf crashed to the floor near the canisters he fought to keep

Jake Newton tried as hard as he could to get at Rashida's throat. She was definitely an experienced fighter as they both maneuvered for position, but when she heard the shot ring out, she braced herself for the incoming round. When none came, she nipped at Jake's face and in a twist of fate, glanced over at her mate.

Jake realized he had just seconds to react. He sank his teeth into Rashida's neck with a vengeance, as he slashed away with both sets of razor sharp talons. He tried to inflict as much damage as he could to her chest, then with his last once of strength, he bit down.

Rashida Turk, the beautiful but evil werewolf, howled for a fleeting moment before her windpipe crushed under the immense pressure. Jake pulled at the tender flesh as blood spurted into his mouth then; he collapsed to the floor beside her.

Exhausted and beaten down, Jake transformed into his ragged and torn human self. As he tried to crawl away from the body of his enemy, John ran up and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder to keep him still. The tired S.A.D. operative looked up at saw the angel staring back with a soft smile.

"All the -- bad guys -- dead?" Jake whispered.

"Yeah Jake, you can rest now," John replied as he placed Jake's mask on his face.

Kevin groaned out as the pain screamed through his busted right arm. He now lay on the cold cement as a Navy SEAL, putting pressure on the open wound. His torn clothes allowed the Lycanthrope Medallion to slip out and rest of the floor next to him.

Kevin turned his head and gazed with a hint of understanding at his werewolf brother in arms. Being an only child had been rough on the young werewolf, but now he knew, no matter where he went or how troubled life became, he had a brother for eternity.

"You okay -- Jarhead?"

Jake forced a smile at his new family member. "Never -- felt better -- Squid."

Adam moved with care towards the mess in the center of the warehouse. He tried to put most of his weight on Carl as he helped him forward. When he looked down at the two smiling men, he knew with a bit of rest, the two werewolf warriors would soon be back to their old selves.

The battered SEAL saw Garrett trying to get up after being smashed into the steel beam of the racks. "Doc, those two clowns just need a Band-Aid, go see to Director Brown."

"Aye, aye Sir," he replied as he moved over towards the slow moving body.

Adam stuck his hand down towards his dear friend and point man. "Can you stand, or do I need to call in a medevac?"

Kevin reached out with his good arm and grasped his team leaders hand with a firm grip. As he stood, he looked at his Adam with amusement. "Does a one legged duck swim in circles?"

boneams
boneams
737 Followers