The Party Ch. 01

Story Info
At last, Andrea gets the man of her dreams.
7.7k words
4.55
15.7k
17

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/13/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

By the time Andrea arrived, the party was in full swing. A hundred or so well-dressed people filled the second floor and outside terrace of Insomnia, a newly opened trendy club in Los Angeles. The dance floor was not very crowded yet (it was only 10 p.m.) but the sounds of various Latino pop songs filled the room, the strong dance beats setting the pulse of the party. Andrea walked in with her friend Natalie and looked around. She found it amusing that this party was exactly what she had imagined such parties to be like.

A year ago she had moved to Los Angeles to work on her book, about the perils of fame among musicians. Her background in psychology allowed her to theorize about how fame might either help or hurt musicians, but to write the book she needed to conduct interviews with actual people. Natalie was her agent who worked tirelessly to negotiate for the interviews, using her connections and reputation to foster trust in the project and reassure the participants that their privacy would be respected. It had been an uphill battle, but Natalie's persistence and Andrea's engaging manner had so far resulted in ten in-depth interviews with some of the biggest names in the music industry.

At times Andrea still found herself shocked by how well her project was going, how much her life had changed. She was far from rich and famous but she was living a glamorous lifestyle nevertheless. She had been to many parties like the one tonight, attended award shows in support of people she had met, spent days and sometimes weeks in a row visiting with a famous musician she was interviewing. Her curious and caring attitude had earned her respect. She found the work fascinating.

No one but Natalie knew how this project began. Many years ago, heartbroken after a painful break-up, Andrea escaped her pain through music. She accidentally discovered the music of Alessandro Suarez, a Latino pop singer, born in Spain but living in Los Angeles. Alessandro wrote and sang both English and Spanish songs and had achieved worldwide fame in his early twenties. He was now 35 and very successful, but had seemingly escaped the trappings of fame. He was living a simple life in Los Angeles, away from the limelight, except for his frequent tours. All this Andrea knew because from the first time she heard his voice, she developed a major crush on him. His songs struck her as both passionate and revealing of a vulnerability that appealed to her psychologist self. His music was both fun and evocative, the source of a myriad sexual fantasies for her. She had seen him perform in concert a few times over the years; these were euphoric experiences for her. Of course he was also gorgeous, tall and olive-skinned, with dark hair and brown eyes, so handsome in even the most casual of outfits. The kind of man that girls and women of any age would lust after.

So Andrea had followed his career closely and later began writing about fame as a way to channel her obsession in a less adolescent manner. As her heart healed, so did her infatuation, but Alessandro remained present in the background of her life: she'd listen to his songs and keep up with news of him from a distance. Men came and went in her life, the fantasy of Alessandro remained. When she first moved to Los Angeles, she could not help but wonder if she would manage to meet him, or even interview him. She told Natalie of her secret crush and was relieved that Natalie did not make fun of her. Natalie had actually met Alessandro several times and confirmed Andrea's impression that he was down to earth and unpretentious, despite his extraordinary talent and fame. But despite her best efforts, Natalie was unable to arrange an interview as Alessandro always refused, would not agree even to a meeting with Andrea. Very disappointed at first, Andrea soon became caught up in her work with other people and adjusting to her new lifestyle. She still thought of him from time to time but her actual life took over and the fantasy receded.

Tonight Andrea was attending the release party of an album by Pedro Nassa, a singer she had interviewed for her book. At other parties she had attended, she looked for Alessandro but never met him, and tonight she knew he was out of town. She came to have fun, to dance, and to hang out with Natalie who was newly single. Being an introvert, Andrea had been surprised to discover how much she had come to enjoy these parties, the VIP treatment, the delicious food and drink. Mostly she loved dressing up and feeling accepted in this very glamorous world. Natalie was her ambassador, introducing her to everyone. At first, Andrea relied on Natalie exclusively but in time she developed her own relationships with people. She and Pedro had especially hit it off and had become friends. There was a physical attraction between them though Andrea thought it might only be imagined by her.

At 32, Andrea was no match for the beautiful young women of Los Angeles. And Pedro, only 29, was quite the womanizer, the kind of musician who makes the papers every week due to some sighting with a model, or late night partying with an up and coming actress, and so on. It's true that Andrea was very smart, had a great sense of humor, and was quite stylish. And she did stand out in the crowd of very tall, slender, blonde, and tanned beauties of L.A. With her very fair skin, slightly wavy and longish dark red hair, green eyes, and a well-proportioned body, she was a woman among girls. But still she found the idea that Pedro would be attracted to her somewhat ridiculous despite his flirtation with her. Also, he was young and immature and she had no interest in a one night stand. She enjoyed his attention knowing that nothing would happen between them.

An hour after arriving, Andrea was feeling the effect of her large mojito and talking to Ana Lucia, a music producer.

"Let's dance" Ana Lucia suggested. "Let's show these young girls how real women dance" she joked. Ana Lucia was in her forties, a vibrant and self-confident woman.

They went down on to the dance floor and started moving to the beats of various songs. The third song was one of Alessandro's and Andrea, a bit tipsy under the influence of alcohol and loud music, was ecstatic. She let her body get carried by his sexy voice and the rhythm of the song, laughing and singing along. The next song was also one of his and she couldn't believe her luck. She found herself twisting and turning, allowing the sensuality of the music to dictate her movement. For one brief moment she looked into the crowd and thought she saw Alessandro, her heart skipped a beat. But then the crowd moved and she couldn't see him anymore. "Silly", she told herself, "he can't be here tonight". Two songs later, both she and Ana Lucia were exhausted and went back to one of the bars for more drinks. Exhilarated and out of breath, Andrea took her fresh drink and sat at a nearby table saved by Natalie when they first arrived. Ana Lucia stayed at the bar so that Andrea had a few moments alone. She watched the crowd, the place was even more packed now so that she could only see the thirty or so people who surrounded her. She gulped down half her drink out of thirst and enjoyed feeling her body relax.

Just as she was getting ready to resume mingling, Andrea saw Natalie walk through the crowd towards her, with a look of such excitement on her face that Andrea was instantly laughing.

"Okay, my dear" Natalie said as she sat down. "I have great news for you." She paused for effect while Andrea anxiously waited. "Guess whom I just ran into by the dance floor?"

"Who?"

"You tell me, who do you want to meet more than anyone else in the world?"

This can't be, Andrea thought. Could that have been really him?

"Not Alessandro, right, he's not even in L.A. tonight?" Andrea said incredulously.

"Yes, yes, yes, Alessandro Suarez, he is here tonight! I just talked to him!"

"But I thought he was doing some promotional appearances for his new single on the East Coast..."

"I don't know, all I know is he is fucking here tonight! Oh my God, I saw him and immediately thought how exciting this is gonna be for you. He doesn't go to a lot of these parties, you know." Natalie could barely sit in her chair and Andrea loved her for that. "So come on, I told him I want him to meet you, let's go!"

Andrea wasn't sure she could stand up. She felt completely sober all of a sudden and her heart began to race. After all this time, she would actually meet him. What would she say to him?

"Right now?" she stalled for time.

"Yes, right now" Natalie said impatiently. "Come on, the more you think about this, the worse it's gonna be!"

Okay, Andrea thought. Don't make a big deal out of this, be casual, play it cool. You'll probably get to spend five minutes with him, just be glad for the opportunity.

All these thoughts raced through her head as she downed the rest of her drink. Natalie was already on her way through the crowd and waving her over. It took them a few minutes to get through the crowd, minutes in which Andrea could feel her legs shaking, body tense, butterflies in her stomach. She was looking all around, hoping to see him from afar to prepare herself, but the place was so crowded that she could see only backs and heads nearby, had to focus not to step on anyone. For a moment, she thought she lost Natalie who was much more aggressively pushing people out of the way. But then she saw her. She was standing by the bar talking to none other than Alessandro Suarez.

Andrea could not believe the moment. As she made her way past the last few people in front of her, she watched him say something to Natalie who laughed. Andrea had seen his face so many times, in photos, in concert, in her imagination, but seeing him tonight took her breath away. He seemed relaxed and was smiling, touched Natalie's shoulder briefly as he leaned it to say something else. My God, Andrea thought, he is so fucking gorgeous! Andrea noticed he was wearing a black T-shirt and jacket but that's all she had time for, she had now reached them.

Alessandro turned his head slightly and looked at Andrea with a vague sense of recognition. All Andrea saw were his brown eyes almost staring into hers and she felt faint. She smiled feebly.

"Ah, there she is" Natalie said. "Alessandro, I want you to meet Dr. Andrea Petri, my favorite client." Andrea was caught off guard by the formal introduction and laughed nervously.

"Please, I'm Andrea" she managed to say and put out her hand.

"Alessandro, nice to meet you." He took her hand in his for a moment and smiled. "It was you I saw going crazy on the dance floor earlier, wasn't it?" he added.

Andrea remembered the moment she thought she saw him but was totally unprepared to hear that he had seen her. But, her anxiety aside, she was determined to behave like an adult here.

"Probably, I love to dance" she said with a mischievous tone in her voice.

"You looked good out there, it was impossible not to see you" he continued.

"Damn, Alessandro, you just met her and are already flirting?" Natalie joked. He laughed with her while Andrea was doing her best to remain present, because this whole interaction felt surreal.

"Some of those were my songs you were dancing to, did you know that?"

"I did, yes, I really enjoy your music" Andrea said in what had to be the biggest understatement of the year.

"Oh thanks" Alessandro said, a bit self-consciously.

At that moment, several drunken girls walked past them and in their carelessness shoved Andrea forward. She was already not so strong on her feet and she completely lost her balance. She fell forward into Alessandro's arms and then pulled back abruptly, as if burned by fire. Feeling her body against his for that moment, smelling him, his arms around her for just a second was overwhelming. She heard him laughing and looked at Natalie who had a huge smile on her face.

"Sorry" Andrea said somewhat out of breath.

"Are you okay?" Alessandro replied, leaning forward. "I swear, I didn't plan that" he added playfully.

He is really fucking flirting with me, Andrea thought. She didn't expect this and it was so exciting, she found herself just going with it.

"I'm sure you have other ways of getting women to fall into your arms" she replied, matching his playful tone. He laughed.

"I was thinking of checking out the deck, it's too loud in here" Alessandro said. "Do you want to join me?" He asked this of both of them but looked to Natalie for an answer; Andrea had the sickening thought that maybe he was interested in her.

"I have to look for a couple of other people first" Natalie said "but I'll see you later". And with that, she took off, seemingly vanishing in an instant.

"Is it me or do you get the feeling she wanted to leave us alone?" Alessandro asked Andrea.

Andrea didn't know what to say. She was so shocked by Alessandro's invitation followed by Natalie's sudden departure. But she somehow found the inspiration to continue their playful exchange.

"So that wasn't part of your plan either?"

"I wish I were that clever" Alessandro replied. "Come on, wanna go outside?"

"Sure" Andrea said.

Alessandro casually grabbed her hand and started walking through the crowd. He was holding on to her hand as if it was the most natural thing but Andrea was again caught off guard. Here she was walking through this party, hand in hand with Alessandro Suarez, of whom she had dreamed for years. It was all too surreal.

A few people greeted him along the way but he didn't stop for more than a cursory response, "HI", "Good to see you", "I'll look for you later". They soon reached the terrace, overlooking the ocean. It was much less crowded and quieter. The ocean breeze was warm but felt chilly after the hot club. Andrea felt goose bumps on her skin.

"Oh, this is more like it" Alessandro said as they walked out. He let go of her hand without delay, which made Andrea briefly sad. "It's beautiful, no?"

In fact, it really was. The moon shone brightly and was reflected in the peaceful ocean and the music was low enough that even the waves could be heard. What Andrea saw though was just Alessandro. Away from the darkness of the club, she got her first good look at him. He seemed to her the most handsome man she had ever seen. She noticed how his black jeans accentuated his long legs, his T-shirt hugging his torso, standing tall and looking out towards the ocean, his soft dark hair calling out to be touched.

"It is amazing" she managed to say.

"Do you want a drink?" he asked.

"Yes, a mojito would be great".

They sat at the outside bar and Alessandro ordered.

"So what brings you to this party?" Andrea started the conversation.

"I've known Pedro a long time. We actually did a song together not long ago, he's a great guy whom I respect a lot. Amazing artist."

"Yes, he really is."

"You know him too?"

"Yeah, I interviewed him for this book I'm writing about fame and musicians."

"I know about your book. Do you know that Natalie tried for months to convince me to do it?"

"I know."

"I hope you're not mad but I just really don't feel comfortable letting too many people into my life."

"Oh, I totally understand Alessandro. Frankly, I'm amazed anyone agreed to do it. But it's been fascinating I must say."

"In what way?"

Andrea began sharing some of her ideas with him, and was pleased to discover he was interested and thoughtful. He was very cautious though and she could feel his guardedness even through the effortless conversation. She was also distracted by his gorgeous eyes and lips, the slight accent in his voice, the very presence of him so close to her. Before they knew it, an hour had passed, they had ordered another drink.

"I could talk to you all night" Alessandro suddenly said.

"You know, aside from the book, I've been wanting to meet you for a long time" Andrea revealed, her tongue loosened by the alcohol and feeling comfortable with him.

"Really?" he asked with a surprised tone in his voice.

"Yes, I am quite a fan" she explained smiling.

"I'm flattered" he said and ran his hand through his hair with that same self-consciousness she had sensed earlier.

"Yeah, I love your music and I have seen a few of your concerts, you're fantastic!"

"No way, seriously? That's so cool" Alessandro replied, still seeming uncomfortable. He took a sip of his drink and looked around. "Oh look, there is Pedro" he said and waved.

Pedro walked over and shook Alessandro's hand.

"Good to see you amigo, how are you? Ah, and my favorite psychologist, hello, Dr. Petri". Pedro kissed Andrea on both cheeks. "You are looking quite beautiful this evening, Andrea" he continued, his eyes looking her up and down. "How do you two know each other?"

"We just met" Andrea replied.

"Should I be jealous?" Pedro asked.

"Pedro, stop it" Andrea scolded him playfully. "You are such a flirt!"

"Alessandro, this is the most brilliant woman you have ever met. But she's cold, I've been trying to convince her to sleep with me for months now and having no success!" Pedro continued laughing.

"Pedro, seriously" Andrea repeated. Whatever flirtation had existed between them, he had never been this forward.

"Maybe you're not her type" Alessandro finally jumped in.

"Oh, is that true?" Pedro asked Andrea. "Will I be rejected in favor of dreamy Alessandro?" he teased her.

Can this really be my life, Andrea thought, that Pedro Nassa and Alessandro Suarez are having a friendly competition over me? Luckily, she was saved from answering because someone approached Pedro and he excused himself, walked away.

"He really has a thing for you, doesn't he?" Alessandro commented.

"Please, Pedro is absolutely shameless, I'm sure you know how he is."

"Do you like him?"

It was a simple question but somehow felt less playful and casual, almost as if he actually felt threatened. Andrea was sure she imagined it.

"Oh, who's jealous now?" she teased.

Alessandro laughed.

"Well, who could blame him really?" Alessandro replied. "You are pretty fabulous. I bet you are an amazing lover."

"This coming from a guy who has the entire female population lusting after him" Andrea replied. She stopped paying attention to the fact that here she was, sitting with the man of her dreams, discussing sex, and pretended she could be this other woman, who could flirt with him as his equal.

"Well, at the moment, there is only one member of that population whose feelings interest me" he flirted back. "If I asked you, would you go to bed with me?" he persisted.

"I don't know, are you any good?" Andrea said, keeping the game going.

Alessandro leaned closer and whispered in her ear, "The things I would do to you, no one else could."

All of a sudden the air between them changed, from laughter to seduction, from flirtation to lust. Hearing his voice in her ear made Andrea shiver and she felt her entire body respond as if touched by electricity. She felt her nipples poke through her dress, her pelvis tighten.

But then he laughed and pulled away and she wondered what he really felt.

"That WAS good" was all she could say.

"I have my moments" Alessandro replied.

Andrea was thinking of what she might say next when she saw Natalie walking towards them. This may have been the only time in her life Andrea was not happy to see her.

"Hello again" she greeted them. "It's nice out here, have you been here the whole time?"

"Yes" Andrea replied.

"Well, I need to go see some people" Alessandro said, getting up. "You'll be around for a while?"

"Yes, I think so" Andrea answered, trying to hide the disappointment in her voice. They had a moment but it had passed them by.

"See you later" he said quickly and walked away.

Natalie took his stool.

"So? How is it going? Still talking, that's a good sign, right?" she asked.