The Peculiar Tail of M. Hyde

Story Info
Reimagining of the classic horror tale with a female lead.
3.2k words
3.95
6.9k
9
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The lab was not strange in and of itself. It was, in fact, quite what you would probably expect. Sterile, tidy, and cold stainless-steel counters. Rows of cabinets containing elements and compounds with complex labels and glassware fill every corner, maintaining a packaged but orderly environment. Tall beakers filled with brightly colored substances giving the room some cheer, which offsets the metal and glass veneer touching everything. The lab should be mostly odorless, but herein lies the first inconsistency in this orderly atmosphere.

With hands flat on a table and a head hung low, a being of some kind emanates a hideous stench, akin to a mixture of sweats. In viewing the being, no one would blame you if you did not at first recognize it as human. The humanness is absent in the way it sways and grunts. The creature's clothes are torn, and its body is stained with a viscous red substance.

It begins to shake its head left to right, then stares straight at one of the cabinets. You can see the eyes now, and they are soft, with bones in the face protuberant. It charges toward the cabinet, knocking over all beakers and tables in the way. Many pieces of glass shatter all at once but the sound is obscured by the heavy tables screeching across the floor. Colored mixtures, including potassium permanganate, are jettisoned from their tubes into the air formlessly before crashing down on the walls, tables, and into smashed cabinets. A few broken jars of glycerin start to make a hissing noise due to a chemical reaction before they began to smoke. Sprinklers and an alarm automatically turn on. When the drops of water land on the chemicals, flames erupt, setting ablaze the walls, and igniting other combustibles, eventually destroying the lab. The beast finds a journal after rummaging violently through a cabinet, and tosses the paper and cabinet into the center of the blaze. It then crashes through a window to an unknown fate.

----

"It was carnage, a horrible sight, seeing all those bodies lying on the road. We are waiting to see what our insurance will cover, but this is such a cluster fuck, we will have to let the lawyers duke it out before we know anything for sure," stated Director Le Fanu, the sharp, squat, charismatic head of the chemical research division of Blackwood pharmaceuticals. Her rigid features, professional demeanor, and witty jokes usually kept her staff at ease during a crisis, but this was another story.

"You mean all of them? All of them are just gone, like that? And we can't get any more until when...?" spoke a bewildered Dr. Hyde, who was one of the top researchers in the lab.

"No word yet on when, but we are on hold indefinably until the press and legal teams work all of this out" Director Le Fanu stated mildly.

Mary Hyde is a mid-career, middle aged research chemist working in a field she loves at a job she always wanted. She wears wide black framed glasses that match her well-proportioned square jaw. Her wide, round nose keeps the frames pressed tightly to her face, hiding her dark and heavily bagged eyes. Her frame is obscured in the lab coat she wears daily, but her full bosom and wide round hips can be made out if you look hard enough. Mary has a tendency to be consumed by her endeavors, one of which currently includes working on a preventative immune-hormone treatment to slow or stop various disorders women face. Her work is stressful and underfunded, but the importance of her efforts was worth any risk she could face. This latest development, however, was a serious shit show.

Mary's head spins as she walks out of the director's office, coldly thinking about the rat carcasses strewn across the interstate. Could she borrow or requisition some through another branch of the company? It was extremely aggravating that her research had to just stop like that. She was furious with the animal rescue vigilantes that attempted to hijack the truckload of lab rats. Some yahoo must have thought they were in a fast a furious movie since they tried to drive under the truck. This only resulted in a crushed car and flipped truck. The rest of the punks didn't stick around to see the aftermath: 3 dead humans and a treasure trove of test subjects. "I wish I could find them and test on them!" she thought. The news was teeming with people on both sides of the issue trying to out-argue the other, but none of that mattered to her anymore. Her research had made it to the precipice of live testing but now would have to wait indefinitely. What a fucked-up word, indefinitely. Does it mean tomorrow? Does it just mean never? Mary takes a deep breath and walks into her lab.

Her two post-docs, Ashley and Steven, stood waiting, anxious for any news. Mary relays everything she learned and watches as their faces go from hopeful to somber. "We need to preserve what we have and, god this is so frustrating, try to move on to something else for now."

Steven is young, eager, muscular, and attractive but unkempt doctor who believes in Mary's work. He is honest and genuine, and Mary believes he will go on to do great things on his own. His reaction was proactive "I will make some calls and see if I can find something we can use."

"Thank you that would be helpful," Mary responds.

Ashley's personality is very contrasting to Steven, but she does have some good technical skills that Mary needs in an assistant. Ashley looks as if she was straight out of a sexy doctor Halloween catalogue. She has long, brown hair, and thick glasses that constantly slide to the tip of her nose whenever she speaks. Her lab coat's top buttons seem never able to stay attached, constantly revealing a deep V-neck shirt and her push up bra. The veins in her muscular feet insistently protrude, likely because even her slippers had heels. Mary always had a lingering feeling that Ashley wanted less to help this research, and more to find a way to help herself to the findings. Ashley comments, "Well this feels like a limp dick in the ass, but those wannabe animal superheroes getting themselves slaughtered seems pretty righteous. I'm going to package up and log all remaining treatments we currently have prepared."

"Ok well, finish up and head out early if you can." Mary ordered. Once they had all left, Mary locks the doors, lowers the metal curtains, and gets to work. She knows that if she can't test this on animals, then human tests would be years away. She thinks, "If I can just get some sucker to try this out then I could start getting the data I need." She resigns herself to admitting that the poor sucker had to be her as testing on someone else might mean jail time.

Mary starts by creating a homeopathic tincture of her treatment. She thought that the pseudoscience behind homeopathy was complete bull, but diluting it until there was no trace amounts of the chemicals left seemed like a good place to start as the lowest dosage possible. She works through the evening, documenting her process along the way in her lab journal that had the only complete data on the new treatment. Once she finishes creating the tincture, she packs her belongings, hangs up her coat, and heads home.

Mary's husband Bierce is loyal and understanding, yet has his own vices when it comes to trying to keep balance and order in his and Mary's lives. He is a bit taller and younger than Mary, and has about 30 pounds on her. Mostly it's a mixture of arm and leg muscle, but the love handles have a lot to do with it too. He and his wife have been married for over 10 years, and though they have ups and downs, they have maintained a very comfortable sexual relationship and are incontrovertibly still attracted to each other. He is understanding and trusting of Mary's sporadic schedule, and has given up on trying to get her to let him know when, or if she will be home for dinner.

Tonight Mary arrives home just as Bierce is having a glass of wine and getting ready for bed. "Welcome home," he says as he hears the door open. "I was feeling lazy, so I just warmed up some pasta and alfredo sauce. There's some waiting for you in the microwave."

Mary takes a few deep breaths, glad to be home after today. She replies, "That sounds and smells wonderful, thank you". Both check in with each other and Mary felt free to explain her deviousness and what she was planning.

"Isn't this exactly the reason female researchers end up with such higher risks of cancer?" said a very concerned Bierce.

"Well yes and no, this is different because of the tincture." Mary hands the bottle containing the chemical to Bierce, "It is basically like a nano partial of the treatment brushed by the sterile alcohol in this bottle. I am doing it just to prove that nothing can happen at these nanoscopic levels" she defends.

"You know I respect and trust you, but I'm worried. If you think my worries are overstated, I will concede to you. But please be careful." Bierce concludes. The couple finishes off their nightcap and heads off to their bedtime routines.

Confident of the non-effect it will have, Mary sprays the tincture 3 times under her tongue. Bierce was starting to settle in for bed wearing just boxers as it was a warm evening. Mary removes her clothing and takes a quick shower before heading to bed. She steps out of the bathroom nude and slyly drops an earring on the floor that she had forgotten to take off. Her ploy to tease her husband worked as she watched Bierce turn and eye her up and down to see if everything was ok. She sees him adjust himself and laughs as she puts on silk pants and a night shirt, as she typically ran a bit cooler than her husband.

Minutes into their idleness, Mary felt a strong urge to touch Bierce and especially spoon him. She quickly makes the change in her position and he reacts with a confirmatory grunt. She then notices a discomfort in her silk pants like something very sensitive was in there and trying to find its way out. Her first reaction is panicky but then she realizes that the thing trying to get out is attached to her. She lay there puzzling and observing the situation. She could feel it swelling and grown. "That couldn't be my clit," she thought to herself. Yet it was.

Suddenly strong urges overwhelm and grip Mary's entire body. She finds herself struggling with her impulses and thoughts, as a force inside her seems to be sending clear signals that she needs to firmly grab her husband's body. Bierce senses her shifting around behind him and, thinking it playful, moves his ass to nestle between her warm hips. He loves this position, though his body is larger, her hips envelope his ass in a way that sends shivers up his spine. This action not only broke her will holding her back, but damn near rips her pants. She readjusts herself and can't believe what she is doing while it is happening.

Mary's left hand slides under his neck and squeezes hard, not cutting off the circulation but threatening it. Her right arm gropes and claws at his chest. She holds his neck taught and close to her as she begins grinding against his ass in a steady rhythm. She feels amazing as her clit slides against the silk while pressed against his firm backside. The clit feels stretched taut, is sensitive, and in dire need of more stimulation.

Bierce let out a gasp and remarks that she is acting abnormally and asks if he should worry.

Mary's reaction is to unbutton his pants, grab hold of his balls digging her nails and demanding that he "grind!" Though Bierce's privates were now aching painfully, he did exactly as she said. "This has to be the tincture, but I do not have the will power to stop, nor do I want to. I feel incredible and so powerful." she growls.

"Get up and straddle me" she hissed at him. She and Bierce have had a long and close relationship so none of this seemed too abnormal to him. However, he was shocked into thinking that she put on the strap-on with extraordinary speed since they had only used it once before. They both slide off their clothes and Bierce straddles Mary. He could now feel that she was not wearing a harness, and clearly saw her firm clit rising about 3 inches out of its hood. Thinking quickly, he places it next to his cock and strokes both together. Mary's eyes close and her back arches, the sensations are unbearable and still amazing. She starts to slowly grind upwards, her hips pushing on Bierce's ass, and her clit sliding up and down, clenched together with his firm cock. Bierce reaches down and inserts two fingers into Mary and is amazed to see how much lubrication she generated. But he also realizes that this does not feel like her vagina, something is off. His mouth waters thinking about the gushing juices, but he gets back to the task at hand. He coats the massive throbbing clit with her natural lubrication, reinserts the fingers into her dripping hole, searches for her g-spot, then lets her grinding do the rest.

She finds a rhythm and works it relentlessly until she feels the sweet release of her orgasm. Feeling the sensations through Mary's clit along the shaft of his cock he is overwhelmed and cums as well. Mary's body goes limp and convulses gently, then she goes unconscious. Something similar has happened before after she has cum, but not as powerful. He places a blanket over her, plugs her phone in, kisses her on the head, then goes to sleep satisfied and intrigued by this new side to his wife. That night he dreams of the possibilities.

-----

The following morning Bierce relays the night's escapades to a groggy Mary. She only remembers the strong urge to snuggle and then the growth in her pants. Her memories end at that moment. The deep soreness in her clit attests to something abnormal going on the night before.

What has she just discovered, and what does it mean for the world? She knows she had better get back to work to do more research. Mary gets up to rush out the door, but Bierce redirects her to the shower, as her body has the stench like a whole weekend of debauchery.

She washes her ample and luxurious body, feeling herself for any other changes. None could be found. She was bothered by the question of why she doesn't have any memory of the situation? She finishs getting ready as Bierce hands her a hearty breakfast in a bag and a big mug of tea to go. She kisses him and heads out the door.

When she arrives at work, Director Le Fanu waves Mary into her office. "I don't know what kind of office politics you're allowing, but when I got here this morning, I found Steven waiting for me with a request to transfer immediately!" says Le Fanu. "Something happened, he is too upset or embarrassed to explain it, but something happened to make him want out of here ASAP" she continues.

"I better find Ashley to find out if she knows anything" said Mary.

"Yeah, from the way he reacted when I said her name, I bet she had something to do with it. Good luck" says the Director.

Mary immediately heads to the lab. She notices that some equipment in a corner has been moved around, and some tipped over. She heads directly into a cabinet holding the treatments, intending to do an inventory. She finds two things, a new dog ear in her lab journal discussing potential side effects, and an entry on the log sheet showing that that Ashley had not returned one of the treatments she was working with last night. "Fuck, do you really think she's that stupid?" thought Mary. "Well she did always make me think that she would steal my treatments from out under me for her own glory. I have to find her." Mary says to herself. She hustles down to security to see if they could provide a video of what happened last night.

"Curious, the last action on any video we have of that area is Steven and Ashley leaving in the afternoon. Something happened to the tape of that and we put a new one in this morning," stated the guard.

Mary thanks the guard and moved on. She wanders the halls near the lab looking for any clues. She comes across a broom closet where within she heard strange muffled noises. She flings open the door to see a creature, or Ashley, it is hard to tell watching some kind of the video footage. She seems very different and had large inhuman smile on her face though her body was concealed under dirty lab coats. She notices Mary but seems to be requesting her to come closer. Mary looked away from her to see the footage she was engrossed it.

She could plainly see Steven and something, something large and grotesque yet feminine. It had him pinned in a corner of the lab. Steven had a look of sheer terror. Mary looks away briefly at Ashley whose eyes dart back and forth between her and the screen beckoning Mary to watch more. Mary, too stunned to speak, watches as she sees as a prehensile appendage lurching towards the boy. Mary didn't have to watch anymore, she could tell what was happening and why Steven looks as though he had PTSD. Mary slowly backs out of the closet slowly staring at Ashley and runs for the lab.

"Ashley must have taken a full dose or more," Mary thought, "What can I do to stop this from consuming her?" She sprinted as Ashley followed her out of closet slowly.

Mary burst into her lab and couldn't decide whether to make a poison or a cure. She didn't really have time for either. "Fuck why did she come here and not to the guards or the exit?" She decided must fight first with fire. Just as she was going to the cabinet to get a dose something burst through the door. Mary injects herself with treatment just before a tentacle like organ wraps around her ankles and tugs. She felt her body float to the floor in slow motion. It no longer felt like her own body and was rapidly changing. Thoughts that were not her own consumed her brain. She landed face first on the floor and the last thing she thought before losing consciousness was that this was not over nor was it her battle anymore.