The Perfect Pieces Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,628 Followers

"Disruptions must be upsetting," she added. Her face had lost its levity. I could see what she was getting at.

"I need a disruption once in awhile to remind me I'm alive," I responded. I was about to add something humorous. Somehow I held back and kept to the truth. My mouth listened to my brain for once. "You are a wonderful disruption. The best I have had in a long time." Her smile returned and grew into her eyes.

"I'll set the table," Amber said as she turned and exited the workshop with a small bounce. I watched her leave and stood staring at the door for a second. Her image was still in my brain as if I had soldered it in place. I wanted more disruption.

I was surprised when I entered my bathroom to wash up. It was sparkling. I opened the shower door, and it looked new inside. The place smelled clean and looked so different. Obviously, it had been dirtier than I thought. I remembered Amber saying she would clean in exchange for a place to stay. I kind of figured the cooking would take place of that. She must have thought differently.

"The bathroom looks brand new," I complimented as I entered the kitchen.

"It needed a good cleaning," Amber responded. I could feel her happiness at me noticing. She had a desire to please me I found uncomfortably endearing.

"You didn't have to," I added.

"I wanted to," she replied. "You work on your art, and I'll take care of your house." Amber had it all worked out. An even trade in her mind. I loved my art and hated cleaning bathrooms. It was rather uneven from my point of view, but I kept that to myself.

"That will work out nicely," I said with big smile. She seemed happy I agreed.

Dinner was relaxing. Amber had made salad to go with the spaghetti and the wine I guessed at wasn't terrible. We talked lightly about movies and joked about the things people do we found irritating. I found out a lot about her during that dinner. She was kindhearted, though I guessed that already. She had a strong sense of fairness that she felt the rest of the world ignored. Most people were trying to win an unwinnable game and she played by a different set of rules. I could relate to that. People were always struggling to get the upper hand on everyone else, one of the many reasons I stepped into hermit status.

I tried to do the dishes. One of the few things my ex and I got right is that the cook never cleaned. If I am going to sit back in enjoy someone's labor, it was only fair that the chef got a respite when it was done.

"Dishes are mine," Amber demanded. Her tone was soft, but there was no negotiation room.

"Then let me dry," I offered. I have no idea why I insisted on helping. Maybe habit. She obviously felt this was part of her payback. She hesitantly agreed and smiled. My heart leapt. I had insisted because I wanted to be next to her. As close as I could be.

"You know so little about me," Amber pointed out. "Why are you so nice?" A simple question to be sure. A very difficult one to answer.

"Selfishness, I guess," I blabbered without thinking. "It makes me feel good. You need help and I enjoy helping you. I'm not sure why..." She interrupted me with a kiss. Again, I got lost in her lips, my eyes closed and beautiful colors flowed in my mind. Clouds moving across a gentle sky, Amber's hair flowing in a warm breeze. Soft whites mixed freely with natural greens. Images formed, stronger than with the first kiss. Power invaded, a strong longing to run free. A memory of her smile making the colors richer. She broke the kiss. I could have been there all night.

I let out my breath. Her eyes were searching mine. Whatever she found there made her happy. I so wanted her happy. "You like to surprise me," I pointed out. She moved from my immediate grasp and started to collect the dishes.

"Only when you surprise me," she replied. Amber looked very pleased with herself. She was teasing me in a most wonderful way. I knew where it was heading, but I wasn't going to rush it. It was all far too pleasant to screw it up with unnecessary speed.

Amber washed and I dried. I touched her every chance I could, no longer thinking it too forward. She would hand me a plate, and I would always make sure our hands met when I took possession. I could see in her eyes that she knew what I was doing. She slid her hip out and bumped mine with a sly smile. I bumped softly back. We ended up finishing the dishes, our bodies so close it made it more difficult, but so much more enjoyable. We were like children, insisting our way was the the best way because it made us laugh.

We sat on the couch and watched 'Elementary.' I spent most of the time happily explaining the characters to Amber. Taken out of context, the relationships were strange. She didn't seem to mind helping me catch up on my programs. We sat lopsided, the left side of the couch empty as we squeezed tightly to the right. Amber curled her legs underneath her and laid along my side. It was the most comfortable I had been in a long time. As the second show progressed, she laid her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes. Her breathing became slow and steady. A slight smile rested on her lips. It pleased me she was so content.

I lowered her head to my lap. She shifted, increasing her comfort while a sweet sigh escaped her lips. I laid my arm over her shoulder and idly played with her hair as I watch the rest of the program. Amber fell asleep as my arm protected her from nothing in particular. When the show ended, I turned off the TV and laid my own head back enjoying our closeness.

Continued...

DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,628 Followers
12