The Perfect Pieces Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,631 Followers

"I called Pablo," I said, "he was as unpleasant as ever." Her sobs increased. "You gave him everything. He was kind of pissed I called. He thinks you're insane." So do a few other people, but there was no need to tack that on a list.

"I don't know where to go," Amber continued. She didn't understand me at all. She had some idea that I only desired her because I could play hero. I ignored her statements. She had to know what I knew.

"Pablo says he isn't Lizzy's real father," I continued, "does Lizzy know who her father is?" Amber's eyes went a little wild. I could see a mountain of pain behind them.

"I can go back to the my mother's," Amber said, "I just need money for the train." I took her head softly in my hands and turned it toward me. She looked insane. Her eyes were unfocused and filled with panic.

"Slow down," I said. I lowered to the ground and brought her with me. I figured it would be easier to stop her from running if we were seated in the grass. "You see your daughter," I said, pointing at the dock. Lizzy was still busy throwing her sandwich to the fish. Amber took a deep breath and nodded. "Do you love her?" I asked. A strange question to ask a mother.

"Yes," Amber replied. She looked at me like the question wasn't a strange one.

"Do you love me?"

"Yes," Amber answered. Quicker this time.

"Good," I smiled, "I love you both so that makes things a little easier." Amber gave me a really confused look. I could have asked her if she loved herself, but I didn't want to hear the answer. It would be no different from my own.

"Remember our first shower together?" I said, leaning back on my elbows, "the way we laughed when we played." Amber smiled as the memory came back to her. "I loved that," I continued, "our picnics, like the one today. They are worth more than gold to me." Amber was breathing slower as she watched me talk, "I want you, not your past. I don't want anymore lies and I certainly don't want to lie to you." Something clicked in her.

"I don't really know Lizzy's real father," Amber said. I could see it was a painful subject. "I was drunk at a party and so was he. I wouldn't even know where to look for him if I knew his name." Her head hung down as shame clouded her face. "Pablo never told anyone Lizzy wasn't his."

"His loss, my gain," I said quickly.

"I'm not a good person," Amber said, leaning closer to me.

"Neither am I," I said, "maybe two wrongs can make a right."

"I lied," Amber continued, "I can't go back to my mother's. I told Pablo I would never go back to Phoenix." I already knew that, but nodded for her attempt at the truth.

"You want me to stay," Amber asked, "even if I don't need protecting?" I laughed. I shouldn't have, but it was so asinine. She started to lean away. I took her hands in mine and pulled her forward.

"I want you to stay," I said honestly, "I want Lizzy to stay. I want to laugh with you and boy, do I want to play with you." Her tears were starting again, but a weak smile formed as well. I reached up and wiped the tears with my thumb. "Will you stay with me?" I asked. I took the kissing to mean yes. When she forced me all the way back, I assumed it was an emphatic yes.

"Mark, do we have anymore bread?" Lizzy asked. We hadn't seen her approach, not that we were looking. Amber held back a laugh and let me up.

"Are you going to give those fish all our food?" I asked.

"They're still hungry," Lizzy answered as if it was obvious.

"You're going to make them fat and lazy," I said nicely, "let them fend for themselves for the rest of the day and you can feed them again tomorrow." Unbelievably, she accepted it. "We have work to do. You need a bed and I need mine back. We have to find where the school is and get you registered." Lizzy's face brightened.

"Are we staying here?" Lizzy asked her mother. I think she moved a lot in her life.

"Yes we are," Amber said, looking at me. Lizzy's smile grew.

"I will probably make new friends in school," Lizzy said. I wasn't sure where she was going with this, but she rarely wasted her words.

"Of course you will," I agreed. She was a nice girl. I was sure she would make many friends. I found out a second later that she set me up.

"Then I will need bunk beds," she said, smiling as she ran toward the house. Amber looked at me with concern.

"Are you sure you want us to stay?" Amber asked.

"What would I do with the bunk beds if you left?" I loved her laugh. She was completely insane, but who else could love me.

Continued...

DreamCloud
DreamCloud
7,631 Followers
12