The Perfect Storm Ch. 01

Story Info
Lila meets Lukas.
1.9k words
4.12
4.7k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You stupid fucking whore!" he screamed so loud it felt like the whole room shook.

'Oh no, not again. Please stop! Why can't they just stop?! Why doesn't he just leave us alone? How did he find us again?' Lila thought to herself as she hugged her knees tighter to her chest. Mommy had told her they were going to be safe this time; that he couldn't hurt them anymore. More screaming; something shattered in the small living room of the dirty motel room they'd been staying in. Lila buried her face, her tears soaking through the thin pyjama pants covering her legs. Mommy had told her to hide when he'd started bashing on the door. The closet was dark and smelt funny, she was so scared. She was trying to be quiet like Mommy had said but she couldn't help the ragged sobs that were escaping her mouth. The yelling had stopped, the silence seemed even more terrifying. Lila heard foot steps coming in to the room where she was hiding. She held her breathe as they got closer and closer to the closet door...

———

Lila screamed as she woke from the nightmare that had plagued her for the last 12 years. Her face was wet with tears and her heart beat so hard she could feel it pounding against her rib cage.

"Just a dream" she murmured to herself as she worked to bring her heart rate down. Breathing slowly she tried to pack the memory of the dream tightly back into the mental safe she tried so hard to keep it in. It was all over now, it had been for years but she couldn't shake the fear that hung over her. Checking the clock next to her bed she let out a sigh; it wasn't even dawn yet. It was still to early to get ready for work but she knew sleep would be impossible. Throwing back the heavy covers she forced herself out of bed and dug through her clothes basket for her gym clothes. If she wasn't going to get any sleep she could at least beat the shit out of some punching bags.

Finding a seemingly clean sports bra and tying her long hair up in a high pony tail Lila slipped her trainers on and left her tiny apartment. It was still dark so the streets were empty as she jogged to the 24/7 gym three blocks away. There was something so peaceful about the city this early, the air was cool on her skin and the only sounds were the street sweepers as they trundled along the gutters and foot paths. Despite the early hour the gym wasn't completely devoid of life. Jimmy was starting up the coffee machines and preparing fruits and veggies at the juice bar, Sophie the perky blonde receptionist was shamelessly flirting with Chad, one of the gym's trainers, at the front desk. As Lila walked through the lobby scanning her card at the turnstiles, Sophie called out "Good morning" in her bubbly Cali girl accent. Lila returned a small wave and pulled out her iPod hitting play and jamming the buds into her ears. Ollie Sykes filled her ear drums as one of her favourite BMTH songs blared out.

The harsh vocals and heavy drum beats erasing the terror that had gripped her heart earlier and helped pump her up for a punishing session as she headed toward the boxing area. The gym had become a second home to Lila when she was needed to work through something. She loved the punching and speed bags and had been taking kick boxing lessons since she was ten years old. After she'd stretched and taped up her hands she began working through one of the many exercises she knew by heart, her fists struck with viper speed as she ducked and sprang landing blow after blow. 'Round kick, knee, cross, upper cut, knee, jab, parry, jab'; she ran through them in her mind like a rosary as she completed each move her breathing heavy and sweat dripping down the small of her back as Chelsea Smile blasted in her ears. She was just about to land a particularly lethal heel kick when someone grabbed her shoulder. Turning instinctively Lila went to land whoever was grabbing her on their ass when she was met with a pair of incredible azure blue eyes that were wide with alarm as she had just gripped the stranger's fore arm with force. Hastily regaining her sanity Lila released her death grip and ripped her head phones from her ears.

"What do you want?" she snapped, sounding much harsher than she'd intended but she was still on edge from her work out. The man who'd grabbed her shoulder quickly recovered and schooled his features into and easy smile.

"I said'I think you killed it'" he chuckled, the sound reverberating deep in his throat. Lila couldn't help noticing his incredible body. He was easily a foot and a half taller than her, though that wasn't hard seeing as she just cleared 5'2". His shoulders were impressively wide and his frame displayed lean but none the less powerful muscles. He was dressed in a black tank that seemed painted on perfectly displaying impeccable abs and gunmetal grey satin boxing shorts that exposed hard muscled thighs and calves. He reminded her of some sort of ancient nordic God with his pale skin and blonde hair which he wore just above his shoulders. He quirked a perfect eyebrow and Lila realised she'd been staring mutely at him for far too long.
"Oh uh yeah" she replied sheepishly not meeting his incredible blue eyes, a blush colouring her cheeks at being caught ogling some random at the gym. He chuckled again and lifted her chin so he could see her face, "What did it do to piss you off so bad?" He asked his face breaking into a wide grin of perfect white teeth.

"Uh nothing just working out" she mumbled lamely looking away from his perfect smile. She caught sight of the clock on the gym wall and panicked. 'Shit!' It was nearly seven and she had to be at work by 7:30.
"I uh gotta go" she said as she hurried through gym unravelling her taped hands as she went.
"Hey, wait!" he called out to her, she glanced over her shoulder slowing briefly.

"I didn't get your name!" he said his face plastered with another breath taking smile. Lila's face went beet red, she picked up the pace and practically sprinted out of the gym, she didn't slow down until she made it back to her apartment locking the door behind her as she slid down throwing her head back against the wooden panels.

"Ugh you are such an idiot!" she chastised harshly, 'Some amazingly attractive guy wants to know your name and you blush like a 5th grader and run away! What the shit is wrong with you?' she thought to herself as she managed to get up and drag her sweat covered body to the shower.

———

Four hours later Lila's mood had managed to turn even more sour, this had been the morning from hell! She only just made it into work on time because her piece of crap car had refused to start, her boss had yelled at her for cutting it so fine, they'd had a manic rush for the first two hours of her shift and then Cammie had managed to spill chocolate syrup down the front of her stark white shirt. 'Fan-fucking-tastic!' Lila thought as she looked down at her chocolate coated uniform.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry Lila! I totally wasn't paying attention and it was so busy and my sneaker got caught on the carpet I'm so so so sorry!" Cammie gushed as she tried to wipe away some of the mess with a napkin, "It's fine Cammie, really" Lila replied as she headed back out to the coffee store's counter to tell her manager she needed to go clean up.

"Uhm Scott—" she managed to get out before she ran head first into what she was assuming was a brick wall, unfortunately for Lila the wall let out a winded 'Oomph' as she collided with it. Looking up her eyes connected with a familiar pair of smiling blue orbs.

"Mmm delicious" he chuckled as she gaped up at him in disbelief, "I always have had a bit of a sweet tooth" he continued with a wink. Snapping out of her stupor and taking a step back Lila began to stutter an apology,

"Oh crap - I uh - oh god I've got syrup all over your suit I'm so sorry!" The nordic god from the gym just laughed;

"Don't worry about it I hated this suit anyway," he replied his seemingly permanent smile gracing his face once again. Lila was about to say something back when the nasal voice of her manager rang out.
"Lilac! What in the hell are you doing?" turning to the nordic god Scott continued "I am profusely sorry Sir, I'm sure Lilac here will find you something to clean up with and we of course will cover any dry cleaning costs" Scott glared at Lila indicating she'd better go find a cloth quick smart. Lila scurried off seething at his use of her full name. She quickly wet a cloth and hurried back to hand it over,

"Oh thats really not necessary. Scott, is it?" Scott nodded "As I was just telling your staff here it's really no problem" the nordic god told him with a charming smile at Lila "I'll just go fix myself up in the rest room" he told Scott as he headed to the back of the store. Scott spun around to glare at Lila once more, "What are you doing?!" he demanded "Why are you covered in syrup? And running into customers is absolutely unacceptable start paying attention! The dry cleaning cost are coming straight out of your pay check. Go out back and get a clean shirt and get back to work" he thundered and stormed off to the register. Lila sighed and hurried to the store room for a new shirt. Once she was successfully de-syruped Lila made her way back to the register and began taking orders again.

"Welcome to Coffee Corner what can I get you?" she asked in her faux cheery voice she reserved strictly for customers, looking up from the till to take the order she was met once again by those distractingly blue eyes.
"Well hello again" he grinned at her "I'll take a triple shot latte with one sugar please, oh and hold the chocolate syrup" he chuckled as Lila's cheeks heated for what felt like the hundredth time today,

"Uh that'll be $4.60 and can I please get a name for your order?" she replied meekly.

"Lukas" he returned with a smile as he handed over some cash. Lila rang in the order and went to give him back his change when his hand stopped hers.

"Keep the change Lilac" he winked and went to collect his coffee. Lila had always hated her full name, Lilac-Grace, her Mum had be a huge Jeff Buckley fan and had named her for her favourite song and his only album. But coming out of Lukas the nordic god's perfect lips it seemed pretty and exotic. Trying to clear her mind of perfect smiles and blue eyes she continued with the rest of her shift.

———