The Photograph

Story Info
What will Ken do?
5k words
4.16
251.1k
59
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Blue88
Blue88
1,141 Followers

It was a warm evening, the temperature in the low 80s. An occasional breeze wafted through the window causing the curtains to flutter sporadically. The kitchen clock, mounted on the opposite wall, ticked the minutes away, sounding loud in the stillness of the room.

Ken Weber noticed neither the breeze nor the clock, his thoughts were inward, confused, angry. He was still trying to make some sense of what he had witnessed that evening. He had thought to surprise his bride-to-be by just showing up at her office at quitting time. He was supposed to be away for 5 days, but the training session had been cut short by a day due to the illness of the lead trainer.

He had arrived at her office building just as the workers were streaming out of the front door. His eyes had quickly picked up Connie's tall, slender form as she exited the building and he was about to call out to her, but the words of welcome died in his throat when he noticed the man who was with her. They were so wrapped up in each other that they didn't even notice him, standing just yards away. It was their apparent intimacy that caused Ken to pause.

Connie's hand was wrapped in his arm and she was chatting animatedly, her eyes sparkling. Ken had stood there for long moments, too shocked to even think clearly. With a shake of his head he quickly followed the happy couple to the parking lot next to the office building. They moved down the last row of autos until Ken saw them headed toward the distinctive silver Jag that Connie's parents had given her for her 24th birthday that spring.

They were apparently oblivious to the few people in the area. Upon reaching the Jag she turned to her companion and Ken's heart had almost stopped when he saw her lean into Chuck Moore, place her hand behind his head and pull his mouth down to hers. It was no mere peck, it was a prolonged, deep kiss. Ken saw Chuck's hand descend to her ass and squeeze gently. Her quiet laughter was a dagger in his heart. He had seen enough. Ken turned and quickly moved from the parking lot. Upon reaching the street he hailed a passing cab and went home. He had a lot to think about.

********************

Ken Weber had met Connie Sterling at, of all places, a church social for singles. He was 24 and doing quite well at the investment bank where he worked since graduating with his degree in finance two years previously. The bank president had made himself Ken's mentor and it was virtually impossible for him to refuse the invitation.

Sterling had intercepted Ken in the hall. Placing a meaty hand on his chest, he rumbled, "Kenneth, I really must insist that you be our guest this Saturday. I know that you've been working your behind off in the office and at school and you do need to get out and meet people. Who knows, you may even see a young lady there that captures your interest," said Horace Sterling with a chuckle. "I also have noted that you do not seem to be a church goer, Kenneth. That shocks my wife and I. It is absolutely essential that you belong to a church. You must put your soul in the hands of those who can guide you."

Sterling had recently, for some reason, singled Ken out for his special attention, which while flattering, also tended to be a bit uncomfortable at times. Sterling was also the deacon of his church and his wife, Margaret, was the head of the ladies auxiliary and the primary arbiter of church social matters.

Ken had clenched his teeth and forced a smile to his lips. He considered Sterling to be an asshole of the first order and a total hypocrite. In business he was an immoral shark with absolutely no sense of ethics or integrity. Ken had already made up his mind that this was not the location for any long term plans. He would stay for a couple of more years for the experience and then move on. Fortunately, he would be receiving his MBA in a few months.

"Thank you, sir. I appreciate the invitation and I'll certainly be there, baring any unexpected difficulties," Ken waffled.

Sterling's eyes narrowed a bit and his voice became just a little less jovial. "Oh, you'll be there, my boy. I know that you won't disappoint me," he said quietly, patting Ken on the shoulder and walking away.

Ken watched the tall, very stout man waddle down the hallway. "I'm not sure that I can take another two years of this," he muttered quietly to himself as he walked to his office.

"Hey, Kenny. I see that Papa got his claws into you," chuckled Reggie from the doorway.

Ken looked up and laughed, albeit a bit feebly. "Hi, Reg - come in and take a load off".

Reggie Sterling was Horace's only son and as different from the father as night is from day. He was tall, blond and slim with a wicked sense of humor. He and Ken had gotten to be friendly and had astounded his new friend by freely admitting that he deserved to be VP of Community Relations only because he hadn't the talent to be anything else. "I get along smashingly with the ladies and their husbands don't find me to be a threat, the fools - so Papa made me a VP. Not a bad deal, Kenny, what?" and he laughed delightedly. He had a self deprecating sense of humor and almost constantly assumed the British nobility tone, a sly dig at the pretentiousness of his family.

"Okay, Ken. What does the old man want from you now? It seems that he's had his eye on you for a bit" Reggie asked.

Ken related the brief conversation and the invitation that Sterling had extended, emphasizing that it was more like a command. "Damn, Reggie. I really don't know why your dad wants me there. It's really not related to anything to do with me."

Reggie seemed thoughtful for a moment. "Well, Ken...I'm not sure myself. You know what kind of religious nut he is, maybe he's worried about your soul," That very thought seemed to tickle Reggie and he laughed as he arose. "Don't worry about it, Kenny. I'll watch your back. I have a few suspicions and If something is going on, I'll know it," he said and he waved and left the office.

Ken looked after him for a moment, puzzlement evident on his face. He then shrugged and returned to the paperwork on his desk.

********************

Ken was no fool, he knew that he had to at least put in an appearance to appease Sterling so the following Saturday evening saw him park his car and stroll into the front doors of the huge, pretentious house of worship. There were a stream of people heading in the same direction and he allowed himself to be swept along into the main ballroom of the building. He glanced about him and noticed that while this was supposed to be a singles affair, there were quite a number of older, middle aged couples present. He was just a bit puzzled by this incongruity until he saw that almost all of them were accompanied by a much younger, single female. It seemed almost like a coming out party for the single girls of the congregation. Ken smiled to himself, "oh no," he muttered, "not this boy.

"Kenneth, Kenneth, my boy," boomed a loud voice behind him. "So glad you decided to attend this little soiree. I told my wife you would be here. Let me introduce you," Sterling put that meaty hand on his shoulder and turned him. Ken saw before him a heavy, buxom woman with an imperious glare in her eye, examining him as if he were a specimen on a slide.

Ken quickly took the proffered hand, resisting the impulse to bow and kiss the huge stone on her finger. He had to supress the giggle this provoked. "Mrs. Sterling. I'm delighted to meet you," he said unctuously.

Mrs. Sterling smiled, which appeared more of a grimace, and nodded to her husband. "Thank you, Kenneth," she wheezed, her adenoids obviously needing attention. "Please allow me to introduce our daughter to you. This is Constance," she said as she almost forcibly pulled a tall, blond slender woman from behind her.

Ken was momentarily stunned. This was totally unexpected. It was hard to fathom. How could two so totally repulsive creatures like the Sterlings produce such an absolutely gorgeous woman. She was tall, just a bit shorter than his 6 feet, tall even considering her high heels. Constance was stunning with her blond tresses shoulder length and her eyes a deep blue. She was also blushing furiously and he could see the anger in her eyes.

Ken gathered himself together quickly. "Miss Sterling. It is a distinct pleasure to meet you. I hope that you'll save a dance for me this evening," and he made sure that her parents didn't see the wink or sympathetic smile. She looked at him quizzically for a moment and grinned. "Thank you, Mr. Weber. I think that's possible," she said quietly.

Ken smiled to himself and wondered how she knew his last name. Well, that's rather obvious he thought. Looks like the ogres had him singled out as possible marriage material, which was rather peculiar. He certainly wasn't a part of the social set and he certainly didn't have the requisite bank balance for such an "honor". This was a conundrum that would require a bit of thought.

Ken made it a point to dance with Constance as soon as the band started playing. "Looks like the old folks have designs, don't they? he asked with a smile.

Constance looked at him appraisingly. "You catch on quickly, don't you?"

"It really wasn't all that difficult," Ken laughed.

Constance sighed, a small frown on her face. "I'm really sorry about that. It's most embarrassing, but they insisted that I come with them tonight and since I still live at home, I really had no choice. This dance really fulfills your obligation, you really needn't ask me to dance again."

"If you don't mind, I would truly like to occupy your time this evening, and that has nothing to do with any obligations," Ken said softly.

Constance looked at him closely and was reassured. "I think I'd like that," she smiled.

They did dance that night and he, quite easily, managed to acquire her phone number. A few calls, some interesting conversations, and they started to date. Ken's interest in Connie was apparent and he was eagerly encouraged by both Margaret and Horace Sterling. It seemed almost ludicrous how they doted upon him and even started to call him "son." He would shake his head in puzzlement before he discovered the reason for the Sterlings interest in him as a prospective son in law.

Ken proceeded cautiously with Connie - after all, any impropriety on his part could come back to bite him in the ass. It was on their third date that things did get interesting. They had had dinner in a small French bistro and were strolling back to the car when Connie, her head almost on Ken's shoulder, whispered to him. "Honey, let's go back to the house. It's getting chilly out."

Ken's disappointment was apparent. Shit, he would have to face the dragons again. Connie looked up at him and commented casually. "Oh, Kenny. Didn't I mention that Mom and Dad left this evening for the weekend. They drove to visit my mother's sister." She paused, a glint in her eye as she grinned at him. "They won't be back for two days."

Back at the house, Ken didn't have time to worry about acting improperly. Connie had them nude and in her bed just moments after entering the front door. She was voracious, demanding and their wild coupling brought them to the crest and over in just a matter of what seemed like minutes.

Ken lay beside her, breathing heavily. "Jeez, Connie. If this is what sex is like with you, I'm gonna need a vitamin supplement," he chuckled. His eyes devoured her as she lay there, her skin bronzed and covered with a soft sheen of perspiration. She stretched lazily and reached down for his now flaccid cock, her ample breast pressing against his arm.

"Better stock up, big boy. I love sex and I especially love sex with you," she murmured as she stroked him, smiling as she noticed a distinct new firmness to the equipment in her hand.

She then, suddenly, leaned over him and kissed him passionately, her tongue dancing and thrusting into his mouth. "Do you love me, Kenny?," she asked, almost breathlessly. "Tell me that you love me," she now demanded, pulling on his cock which was now rapidly stiffening.

Ken took her by the shoulders and looked at her intently. "Damn, you know something? I believe I do; I think that I've fallen in love with you, Constance Sterling."

"Good," she purred," because I love you and I want to be with you forever and forever, Kenny." Connie then suddenly lifted herself and straddled him. Ken expected her to impale herself on his now rigid cock, but she scooted up and managed to place her knees on either side of his head.

"Eat me, Kenny," she demanded. "Lick my pussy, make me come, sweetie." She lowered herself until her groin was pressed against his mouth and, almost in self defense, he placed his hands on the globes of her ass, lifted so that he could breathe and surrendered to her request. His tongue danced between her labia, teased her clit and plunged into the tunnel of her vagina.

Connie stiffened, tensed and with a wail, screamed her release. But Ken was not finished - his cock was now throbbing with his own desperate need. He quickly moved her down his body until she was placed properly, held her limp torso under her arms, and then plunged himself deeply into her. Connie had recovered enough to recognize what was happening and seemed to go wild, heaving and bucking until she felt Ken's discharge deep within her, causing another series of tremors in her body.

***************

The announcement of their engagement caused major ripples in the social fabric of the community. The small local paper featured it on their front page and photos in the paper showed a beaming Horace and Margaret Sterling with Connie at their side. There was a photo of Ken on page 6.

Suddenly Ken's position at the bank took a major turn. He was given more responsibility and it was apparent that he was being groomed for a major promotion. Ken's conscience was a problem for him - he knew that all of this largess was coming to him because of his coming marriage, but was at a loss as to how to handle it. He wanted to rise in the ranks because of his abilities, not because of his marriage to "the bosses daughter".

It was a few months after the announcement of the engagement that Reggie Sterling strolled in Ken's office again and sprawled on a chair in front of his desk. "How's it going, Ken? Is Carol enjoying her new job? What is she now, some sort of administrative aide or something?"

Ken smiled indulgently. "She's the personal assistant to the Director of Human Resources at Keats Advertising in the city, Reg. If you contacted your family occasionally you would know that," his tone taking the sting from his remarks.

Reg nodded absently. He shifted in his seat and it was apparent that he was uncomfortable. "Kenny, I know that I've congratulated you, yet there is something that I feel you should know. I've debated with myself as to the wisdom of giving you this information, and have decided that it's something of which you should be aware."

Ken looked at his friend with some puzzlement. It was apparent that Reggie was a lot more solemn than usual, in fact, he didn't recall Reggie ever being solemn. "Ok, Reg - what's so important?"

Reggie took a deep breath and continued. "Early last year, and I hasten to add, before the two of you even met, Connie had an abortion. The old folks were scandalized, horrified and... well, whatever, you can imagine. What was even worse and even though she was spirited away to another state for the procedure, some word of it leaked and Connie was spoiled goods in the minds of our very forgiving and compassionate community.

"Do you see where I'm going with this, Kenny? That's the reason why my mother and father roped you in. You were this young, fresh faced kid from the bank with the right credentials. You were well educated, from the right school and with a lot of potential. Also, you knew nothing about this "little problem" and Connie would wind up with a good husband, making a good income and becoming a "big fish" in the community." Reggie paused, finding it difficult to meet Ken's gaze.

Ken was quiet for a bit, mulling over what he had just heard. "This was before Connie and I met?" he asked.

Reggie nodded. He then rose and started to pace, obviously agitated. He started to speak, hesitated and then with a sigh, sat down again. "I'm sorry, Ken. I've agonized about this, but decided that you had to know."

Ken nodded slowly. "Who was it, Reg? Who knocked her up? I think that I would like to know that."

Reggie grimaced, obviously not enjoying the conversation. "No definitive proof, but I believe I know. Connie was hot and heavy with Chuck Moore, the assistant pastor at our sister congregation in Downingtown, just a few miles away. The two churches get together quite often for community events, etc. The two were an item, but when Connie's pregnancy became known, he just disappeared. He hasn't been seen here since then. He stays quite close to home. So it's just a matter of putting the pieces together, although it's all just conjecture."

Ken nodded again. "Yeah, just conjecture," he muttered.

Reggie leaned forward. "Kenny, I had to tell you, but I trust that while this is important, it really doesn't change anything. I told you this because I felt it was best that you hear it now and from me, rather than from some spiteful asshole who would try to make trouble later on. I know that Connie loves you and it's apparent that you love her. It shouldn't have happened, but it was all before you two even met. You do understand, Ken - right?"

Ken nodded again. "Okay, Reg. I understand and you're probably right. It was before we met. I don't see why it should be a major problem, but I am glad that you told me. Stuff like this would eventually make it's way back and I'll now be prepared. Thanks, Reg."

Reggie sighed, a smile of relief on his face. "Righto, Ken old boy. That's the attitude. I'm looking forward to the festivities." and he waved as he walked from the office.

Ken sat quietly for a bit. He was more disturbed that he cared to admit. His thoughts bounced about a bit. It was BEFORE we met, so no big deal. He accepted that, so why was there this little niggling uneasiness in the back of his mind?

***************

The date of the wedding was quickly approaching. In a little over three months Ken and Connie would be wed and the activities associated with that event came fast and furious. Caterers and musicians had been hired, the ballroom had been reserved, flowers had been ordered and the wedding list made up, culled, redrawn and culled again.

Ken's parents had both perished in an small plane crash while he was in college and since he was an only child, there were very few names on his guest list. But, well over 350 guests were on the Sterling list, from family, friends, work associates and leaders of the community such as the mayor, congressman and major business owners. The final list would be just shy of 400 people. Ken was aware of the magnitude of the affair, but shrugged. He had little responsibility for any of it and it was just as well. He really had no stomach for the ostentatious display.

But, for some reason the information that Reggie had imparted seems to nudge at him. He realized that all of this was before he even met Connie, so he was puzzled that he couldn't just put it aside. This nagging just didn't seem to go away. Ken felt that he needed a little more information and with that in mind he pulled out the telephone book and made a call.

"Hi Pete, it's Ken Weber", he said after hearing his frat brother's voice.

"Kenny, jeez, it's good to hear from you. It's been too long. What, almost three years?" boomed Pete Penderman. Pete and Ken were quite close in college, but as was usually the case, had drifted apart after graduation.

"Yeah, Pete. It's a shame. We should get together for a drink or something. I don't get into the city that often, but how about if I drive in one day this week and we can meet."

Blue88
Blue88
1,141 Followers
12