The Pianist Ch. 08

Story Info
Aftershocks.
1.7k words
4.64
15k
2

Part 7 of the 8 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 06/16/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
t0nst3rs
t0nst3rs
149 Followers

Nic woke around noon, the warm summer sun shining down on their bodies through Allie's bedroom window. Allie was still wound around his body, though she had slid over to his right side a bit, her leg thrown across his thighs. His right arm was dead from her laying on it for the past few hours, but it was a small sacrifice as he looked down at the stunning woman draped across him.

Allie felt the muscles in his arm flex underneath her as he tried to restore the blood flow to his hand. She slowly opened her eyes and lifted her head too see Nic staring down at her.

"Good Morning."

"Actually, it's afternoon. Did you sleep well?"

"Well considering that you wore me out last night, yeah. Plus, you make a nice pillow. You?" she asked, as she ran her fingertips across his chest.

Nic smiled, "You're welcome, and yes, I had a beautiful woman on top of me all night, I couldn't have asked for a better way to sleep." He dropped a kiss on the top of her head. Even though her hair was now matted down from sex and sleep, it still smelled like her shampoo, and Nic greedily breathed in her scent. That scent was all the encouragement his cock needed to spring back to life. Nic rolled Allie over, and began to slowly make love to her again. They spent most of the afternoon and evening tangled in each other's arms, the way they had the previous night.

88888 88888 88888 88888 88888 88888

The next two months flew by. Nic spent mostly every night at her place, the exceptions being the nights they were at his. Nic finished his CD, and the band was playing smaller venues in the tri-state area. He quit his job at the club to do more shows and to spend more time with Allie. With the CD out of the way, he was now able to do session work for other artists during the day, which paid better than the club gigs anyways.

Allie had also left her job at the advertising firm. She was able to get an alternate route teaching job, providing she completed the required coursework to obtain her certificate. The pay was nowhere near what she was making before, but she was much happier and not putting any anywhere near as many hours, and getting back nothing in return. At least she would be rewarded by teaching fourth graders. She had been setting up her classroom when the first wave of nausea hit. She quickly rushed to the garbage can and tossed her cookies. Oh God, she thought, I don't need to be sick today-Nic's Mom is coming in from Connecticut tonight to meet me.

Luckily the nausea passed, and Allie was able to make the dinner. Nic cooked, of course, and she and his mother got along famously. They made jokes at Nic's expense, ate, and drank. When she excused herself to go to the bathroom, Nic seized his opportunity.

"So, Mom, what do you think?"

"Honey, she's wonderful. I don't think I've ever seen you this happy."

"Well Mom, I've never been this happy. That being said, I want you to be the first to know that I am going to propose to Allie."

"Oh honey, that's wonderful," she exclaimed. Nic motioned his hands for her to keep it down.

"I'm gonna do it when I take her out to celebrate her first day of school."

"Oh Nic, I'm so happy for you." She rose to hug her son, as Allie came out of the bathroom.

"Hey lady, I know he was yours first, but he's mine now," she joked.

They all laughed. If she only knew...

888888888888888888888888888888

The days of setting up her classroom in preparation for the first day of school continued, as did her nausea which came and went. She presumed it was some sort of virus, but hadn't had the time or desire to go to the doctor's, figuring it would pass. As she rinsed out her mouth in the faculty bathroom, one of her co-workers asked her if she was okay.

"Yea, just haven't been able to kick this bug or whatever it is," she told the woman.

"Maybe you're pregnant," the woman said before exiting the bathroom.

Allie froze as she gazed back at her own reflection. Pregnant? No, she couldn't be, could she? Come to think of it, she hadn't gotten her period, had she? Oh, god, I'm not married. I just met his mother, what will she think? What will Nic say; will he even want a baby? The thoughts racing through her mind made her sick again, and she ran back into the bathroom stall.

Nic had a show that night and wouldn't be home until late. She stopped off at a drugstore on the way home and bought a pregnancy test. Once she got home, she just stared at it sitting on the coffee table for the longest time, trying to muster up the nerve to confirm what she already knew. She finally said fuck it and walked to the bathroom. Three minutes later, the little digital display read "Pregnant". Allie cried, though in her confused state of what to do, she did not know if they were tears of happiness or dread.

The night progressed and she sat up on the couch, staring off into space, waiting for Nic to get home. The TV was turned on, but she couldn't have told you what was on. She had the test in the pocket of her jeans, and it felt as if it was burning a hole into her skin there, as waited to tell him the news. Around 11:30, she heard the key in the lock.

Nic opened the door, and was surprised to see Allie sitting up, still dressed. Normally she waited in bed for him on the nights when he had shows. Even more surprising was that she was still dressed.

"Hey baby," he said as he shut the door. "Whatcha doing up?"

"I was waiting for you," he leaned down to kiss her and she offered her cheek.

"I'm glad you're up, I need to talk to you about something." Nic sat down on the edge of the couch next to her. "My agent was at the show tonight, and he booked us go out and tour with Bon Jovi, to be their opening act."

Allie was stunned, she was pregnant, and here he was going to leave her. Instantaneously her wall went up. "Bon Jovi, wow, that's great, a national tour" she said unenthusiastically, as she rose from the couch and walked across the room.

Nic knew something was not right. "Babe, what's wrong? I know I'll be away, but this is huge for me. You don't seem happy for me." He began to follow her across the room.

"No, Nic, its wonderful news, fantastic for you. I think you should definitely do it. Go, have a good time."

"Allison, what's wrong?" He asked emphatically, as he never called her Allison.

"No, Nic, it's a great opportunity, and I think it comes at a good time, because I don't think this is working out for me," she said and turned to walk away from him, but he grabbed her arm.

"What are you talking about, not working out for you? We love each other. This is for us, Honey. I'm not gonna go out there and bang a bunch of groupies or something, if that's what you're thinking"

"No, Nic, I know that you wouldn't do that. But, I don't think this is working. It hasn't been for some time. I think we should go our separate ways."

"Al, I don't know why you're upset, but we can fix it. Tell me what's wrong," Nic insisted.

"What's wrong is this isn't meant to be." She knew that he was persistent and was not going to let this be unless she turned him off to her completely. "What's wrong is I don't love you. I met someone else, so go on tour, live your dream, and be happy," she said, unable to meet his eyes.

"No, no, I don't believe you. I know you love me. I can feel it every time you look at me, every time you touch me." Nic grabbed her by both of her arms, "Look me in the eyes, and tell me that you don't love me," he demanded.

She knew she was lying, but composed herself, and looked him dead on. She fought his eyes, fought the spell they normally put her under, and did an Academy Award acting job. "I don't love you. Now, please let go of me and leave."

Nic stood there stunned. He didn't see the love and haziness that faded into her eyes when she looked at him. It was gone. It was over. He let go of her, turned, and walked out of her apartment, and her life, without another word.

As soon as the door shut, Allie lost it, slinking down against the wall, bawling her eyes out, both hands clutching her stomach, cradling her and Nic's child.

888888888888888888888888888888

Nic went out on tour, heartbroken. He consulted his mother, but she had no idea what happened between them either. What should have been the greatest time of his life, performing for massive crowds in arenas all over the country, he waded through. He did channel his anger and despair into some great songs while on the road, mostly written when he was half in the bag.

The cold December air kicked up in the city, and he was wishing he was in some of the warmer climates he had been in while on tour. But, nothing was like New York at Christmas time, and he had missed the city while out on the road. Before heading down to the studio to lay down some of the tracks he wrote, he stopped at a diner just down the block from his apartment for a quick bite to eat. He knew the place well; he and Allie had eaten there many times.

He was shocked by what he saw when he opened the door.

t0nst3rs
t0nst3rs
149 Followers