The Picnic was Their Undoing

Story Info
An inkeeper and guest taste love on a picnic.
3k words
4.49
15.3k
1

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/09/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Becky quickly drew the negligee out of the bag. They didn't have any guests at the bed & breakfast tonight. It was a rare opportunity! She shook out the wrinkles and laid it upon the bed before she went to get in the shower.

Tonight! Tonight perhaps things would be different. If she could only entice him. If she could stir once again the passion. If only she could ignite his desire.

Things had been difficult for them for the past year. He had approached her less and less, until finally there was no intimacy between them at all. With some gentle prodding she found out that he was suffering from ED. Erectile dysfunction. If only it were that ... a pill could be taken for that.

But this was more, he seemed never to have any desire. And it wasn't just her, she had watched him around female guests. He had no inclination with them either. She might as well be married to an eunuch.

But tonight, tonight she would shower, use that special perfume saved for special occasions, fix him a wonderful meal and serve it by candlelight. Then later she was excuse herself and go up and change into the negligee. Maybe all of her ministrations would get him in the mood.

But it didn't work. She was crushed ... he had told her he just "wasn't in the mood". He had had a particularly tiring day and wanted nothing more than to watch a little TV and then go to bed early, but he gave her a gentle pat and said, "I love you anyway."

So she was left alone. Alone in a brand new negligee. After her third glass of wine the tears began.

It was almost a week later when the bell on the front door tinkled, alerting her that someone had come in. Becky went into the foyer and was taken back by the man standing in front of her.

He was extraordinarily handsome. Silver hair and a lithe build, but what she noticed most about him was his eyes. They were so dark she couldn't really tell if they were a deep blue or black.

It was unusual to find a man standing alone in the foyer they used as a front desk . Usually all their guests were couples ... couples away on a romantic weekend or a vacation.

"May I help you?" Becky asked.

"Yes", he responded, "I'll be needing a room with a bath for a few days. Do you have any vacancies?"

Becky laughed, "Of course. This is a slow time for us ... September. Are you sure you wouldn't like a room for say three months?"

"No, I don't think so. My business here should only take a few days. I am here to close my late aunt's estate."

"Certainly we have a room for you, #102, at the top of the stairs. It has it's own bath and I'm sure you'll be comfortable there. Will your wife be joining you?"

A shadow passed over his face, "No."

"Then if you'll just sign the register, Mr. Uhmmmmm ..."

"Alan. Alan Bidulph." as he quickly offered his signature, collected the key, and grabbed his bags to ascend the stairs.

"Breakfast is served between 6:00 and 8:00, Mr. Bidulph." she wasn't sure he had heard her in his haste to get to his room.

The next morning Alan Bidulph came down at 7:30 to find Becky sitting at the dining room table drinking coffee, "Good morning".

"Good morning." Becky returned, "Did you sleep well? Was everything okay in your room?"

"I slept like a rock. And yes, everything is just fine in the room."

Becky got up and poured him a cup of coffee, "Well, since you're our only guest right now, you can have your choice of breakfast ... how about an omelet, homemade hash browns, and some of my famous biscuits?"

He simply nodded his head and Becky excused herself and went to the kitchen. He sipped his coffee as his mind drifted back to yesterday to his wife. Yesterday. Their big fight, her storming out. He should have gone after her. He should have postponed his trip. But he didn't and he wouldn't. So he just let her go. She knew where he'd be in case she changed her mind. He hoped she would. He hoped that she'd be here when he got back this afternoon. He would love to make love to her in that four-poster bed. But their making love had become sporadic at best ... non-existent was more like it.

Becky interrupted his thoughts when she brought in his breakfast. A huge ham and cheese omelet, hash browns done just the way he like them, and two biscuits still steaming from the oven. She sat down next to him and began sipping her coffee again.

She was silent for a while letting him butter the biscuits. Then she said, "It's unusual to have a man alone visit us. I noticed your wedding ring. I hope it's not too bold of me to ask why your wife did not accompany you."

He was taken aback by her question, then composed himself, "No. Not at all. You see we both have different interests, different lives. She's career minded, ambitious. To tell the truth, so am I. We just seem to go separate ways."

"I see. Well, that's not all that unusual these days, even for innkeepers.", she said under her breath.

By that time Alan had finished his breakfast and Becky got up to take his plate.

When she returned from the kitchen she brought the coffee pot with her and poured him another cup. "What are the first steps in closing an estate, if you don't mind me asking."

"Not at all. The first step is see the lawyer, then I'll have to go over to her house. I suppose I'll need to look through everything ... determine if there are any family heirlooms. Then I'll meet with an auctioneer. I plan of selling most of her estate and donating the proceeds to her favorite charity. I'd best be on my way now, my appointment with the lawyer is a 8:00." With that he arose from the table a bade Becky a good day.

Becky cleared away the dishes, taking them in the kitchen to be washed. As she filled the sink with warm, soapy water she wondered about Alan Bidulph. She fanaticized about what it would be like to be wrapped in his arms starring up into those dark eyes. "God!", she thought to herself, "You are horny!" But she knew it was more than that. She needed a human touch, the warmth of another body, she needed to be loved. She gave herself a quick shake and went about cleaning up the kitchen.

Later that morning she went to the library to turn in some books and see if others caught her eye. She was meandering down the rows of historical fiction when she noticed Alan standing at the counter. "I'll be happy to pay whatever overdue charge there is ....", he was saying to the librarian when he looked up and saw her coming toward him.

"It seems, Mr. Bidulph, that our paths continue to cross."

"Indeed it does. I found these books among my aunt's things and thought I ought to bring them back."

Before they knew it they were talking as old friends. Talking about books and authors, of places they had traveled and places they longed to see, of children now grown.

Suddenly Becky did not want this to end, "How about a cup of coffee. There's a quaint little shop around the corner which has a coffee room tucked in the back."

Alan looked at her more closely now. She was an extremely attractive woman. Woman being the operative word here ... it was obvious that the bloom of youth had long since left her. But left in its stead a dignity and grace surrounded her and made her very appealing. She did, however, have sparkling green eyes. He studied her face, surrounded by short curls of chestnut hair, she had a dazzling smile. And, he noticed, she always wore a dress, not a pants suite or jeans, it was lent her a very feminine air.

He quickly agreed to coffee and so they walked together to the coffee shop. Becky was all too cognizant of his being so close. It was all she could do not to reach for his hand.

Alan felt her tremble when his hand merely touched the small of her back as he opened the door for her to enter.

They ordered their coffee and talked some more. Finally Alan said, "What kind of sites are their to see around here?"

Becky laughed and replied, "We don't have 'sites' in this tiny town. If you wanted to go antiquing, there's certainly that. Other than that, there are a few Confederate battlefields and one Revolutionary War battlefield. They're not much to look at, but provide a wonderful place to go picnicking."

"Could you be persuaded to show me around? Perhaps tomorrow?" What was he doing, he thought? He dismissed it from his mind, he wanted to spend more time with her. He was more comfortable with her than he had been in a long time.

Becky thought for a moment, could she trust herself alone with this handsome man? Of course she could. Even though her marriage lacked intimacy, they did love each other, and there were the kids and the grandkids that bound them together. Besides, there was something secure in the knowledge that they had been married all these years and he still was around. "I think that might be arranged ... I'll even pack a picnic lunch for us."

"Terrific, " Alan said., "now if I'm going to goof off tomorrow afternoon, I'd better get back to my aunt's house and continue digging through her mountains of 'stuff'."

The next day Becky packed the picnic basket full of bread, cheese, and fruit, and after some thought decided to pack a nice bottle of Riesling instead of sweet tea.

She had just carried the basket out to the foyer when Alan came down the stairs. He paused just for a second, she was so beautiful she almost took his breath away. She was dressed in a cotton summer dress with a big straw hat on her head and her dainty feet in sandals. He noticed that her toenails were painted the same color as her fingernails. His wife never had time for such 'nonsense'.

Becky saw the pleasure in his eyes and was complimented, she had gone to great lengths to look exceptionally pretty this morning. Suddenly she felt a tingling warmth growing in her belly and down her thighs. She hesitated for a moment, almost ready to back out.

"Well," Alan said, "shall we go?" Even as he said this he reached for the picnic basket.

Becky drove first to a Confederate battlefield. Then she said, "I want to take you someplace special for our picnic. A place I go to sometimes to be alone." And she headed out of town. Before he knew it they were traveling down a one-lane, red dirt, country road. When it ended she shut off the car, "I hope you don't mind. It is a Revolutionary battlefield of sorts."

She opened the car door and got out and Alan followed her with the picnic basket. She led the way down a small path until they were beside a river. "Well, here it is. Let's spread the blanket out and I'll tell you about this place, its history."

After Alan spread out the blanket Becky unpacked the basket.

As they ate she told him of the story, "This was the site of Ft. Nail. It was really nothing more than a fortified house really. Across the river was the land belonging to the Cherokee, they being allies of the British. One night they attacked. Not much harm was done ... a milk cow was killed and a couple of horses were stolen. But, that put the colonists on alert. They stationed guards at night.

But, the next time the Cherokee attacked it was in broad daylight and the colonists were not prepared for that. A little boy, only 8 years old, was stolen by the Cherokee that day, never to be seen or heard from again.

It is believed that the Cherokee adopted him into one of their families, because his body was never found, and the Cherokee often did that to replace one of their own who died. That little boy was a distant cousin of mine."

She leaned back on one elbow, popping a grape into her mouth. She fell silent, looking at Alan. He gazed back into those green eyes. Suddenly she was in his arms. Did he make the first move or did she? It didn't matter now.

Their first kiss was ever so gentle, a mere whisper of his lips against hers, his tongue only following the outline of her lips.

Then he pulled back an looked into her face. Her eyes were half shut, laden with lust and her face was flushed with desire. This time he pulled her to him and kissed her passionately, letting his tongue plunder her mouth. A muffled groan came from her throat. God how she wanted this ... wanted him.

She fell back with him on top of her. His hands found her breast and stroked them, gentle at first then demanding. He could feel her nipples harden through the cotton dress and he wanted to touch her skin.

He raised up a little and with one hand unbuttoned her dress. She lay there looking at him, listening to the blood pound in her ears.

Finally it was done. Her dress lay open. He pulled down the bra straps and watched as his hands drifted over those two beautiful mounds. Her nipples were dark and crinkled at his touch. When he lowered his mouth to them and began to kiss and lick them she twined her fingers in his hair and uttered an audible gasp. It sent electric shocks all the way to her center.

Her hands went to his shirt and tugged it from his pants. She now wanted to feel his hard chest against hers.

He lay down and pulled her on top of him and she was instantly aware of his hardness.

He reached around her and took her ass and pulling her even closer to him, kissing her all the while.

Becky broke the kiss and, drawing her knees up beside his hips reached down to pull her dress and bra off. She now was only left with panties.

He was his turn to gasp. He thought he had never seen anything so lovely as he pulled her back down to his waiting mouth once more.

Becky couldn't stand it any longer and pressed her hand to his erection. It had been too long for her. She fumbled with his belt and the button at the top of his pants.

"Just a minute", Alan whispered and indicated she should move off of him. He stood and took off his shoes and socks, then his pants and boxers. He stood looking down at her while she slipped her panties off.

"My God!," she thought "He's beautiful!" He was standing there above her. His chest, those broad shoulders, his long legs ... and the evidence of his desire. Alan knelt between her legs and lifted her feet to his shoulders. He then began kissing, and nibbling, and licking at her very core. She could not be still, but writhed under his greedy mouth. Suddenly she cried out, shuttered, and arched her back. He had made her cum for the first time.

He replaced his tongue with first one, then two of his fingers. With his thumb he rubbed her clit in small circles. She moaned again, grasping his hand and holding him there. She was lost in a world where only she and Alan and the sunlight existed. Then she came again. As Alan laid down beside her, her eyes opened and she smiled at him. "Thank you", was all she said.

Then, getting on her knees she bent over him. First taking his engorged cock in her hands then she began by kissing the crown. She finally opened her mouth and took him in. Her tongue darted around and over his cock until she heard him groan, then she took each of his balls, one at a time, to her mouth and suckled them.

Finally they could wait no longer. "I want to be in you now", Alan said and she laid back and spread her legs inviting him.

As her first entered her he thought "Oh, Jesus! She's almost as tight as a virgin!" But within a few thrusts she opened to him, sheathing him in a warmth he had not known for a long time. They began their erotic dance with her legs wrapped around his waist. Becky tensed her inner muscles, squeezing him, as he thrust in, relaxing them as he drew out. He lost himself in her.

When he could stand no more, when he felt his loins bubbling up, he said "Cum with me", and she did.

It was seconds or minutes or a hour later when he realized he had collapsed on top of her, fully satiated. He rolled to one side, pulling her close to him and kissing the top of her head.

"It's my turn to thank you", he said and she cuddled in closer to him with one leg possessively around his.

They lay there for a while when he said, "I will be going home in a couple of days."

"I know. But we needn't talk about that now." replied Becky.

They fell asleep then, wrapped in each other's arms. Becky was the first to wake and began to get dressed. Her moving from him had awaken him and he watched her. Then he got up and began dressing himself. She walked up to him and hugged him close. Then she said, "I don't know what to say ..."

And Alan said, "That's okay, neither do I".

Hand in hand they walked back to the car. There was no need for words now.