The Pocketwatch

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After a moment of eerie silence Kyle replied, "nothing."

"That's because time is stopped and nothing can move to make a sound. Now watch," she said grabbing her mug from the table and holding it high before letting it fall to the floor below. The mug fell a few inches before coming to a complete halt, mysteriously suspending itself in mid air as if it were levitating.

Kyle couldn't find the words to explain what he was seeing. "Now watch," Debra said grabbing the mug out of the air and poured the contents out as the cocoa suspended itself in the air, repeating the mugs antics.

"Amazing," Kyle breathed at the miracle displayed in front of him.

"Now Kyle," Debra spoke bringing him out of a trance. "There are a few warnings I want you to be aware of because this is not a game! Do not tell anyone about this unless you trust them or feel comfortable about it! Next please be careful of your surroundings because you don't wanna disappear in front of witnesses that could be present! I want you to be careful how you touch people when time is stopped, because they may not feel it at first, but when time starts again they'll feel everything you did!"

"So did you...?" Kyle never finished his sentence.

"Yes Kyle you shook me when time was stopped, now don't interrupt. What I'm trying to tell you is important." She said wanting him to know some details that he should know. "I want you to start out slow with this thing! Trial and error, learn from your mistakes. I'm not here to tell you how you should use the watch, I just want you to be careful how you use it. Don't do something you may regret later on. I don't care if you follow my rules or not but don't be stupid and careless. So what I'm really trying to tell you is to be careful, you don't need something biting you in the ass when you least expect. Now do I make myself clear?"

"Yes ma'am," he replied taking the watch she handed back to him.

Kyle and Debra then cleaned the mess up that was on the floor after time was started again, before sitting back down and enjoying the cookies and cocoa while Kyle listened more about his watch. Debra was relaying more dos and don'ts about safety for Kyle when the ringing phone sounded. It was Kyle's dad letting him know it was time to come home for dinner. "Thank you for your company," Debra said escorting him to the door.

"No! Thank you Mrs Wilson," Kyle replied by throwing his arms around her for a hug.

"Just remember, don't lose that watch and please be careful!" Debra said breaking their hug.

"I will," he said leaving her house and walking to his own with the biggest smile he ever had.

For once in his young life, things seemed to be looking up for him. He felt like he had won the lottery as he whistled a happy tune to himself as he arrived at his house. A new beginning he thought as he entered through the door, the pocket watch enclosed tightly in his grasp that was in his pocket.

*****

Authors note- Just a new story I wanted to write. I know there is another time stop story on this site, and no I won't be copying anything from that story. However I may use some ideas along with suggestions from you. I'll consider everything except gay, pissing, and shitting, It's disgusting although I don't have a problem with gays. It's their choice. Thanks for reading my work.

One more note- A quick question for everyone. My other story 'A Changing Life' is written in the first person. Would it be alright if I switch it to third person, or would I have to start it all over? I still only have one chapter done, but I find it very difficult to write in the first person and being new to writing I have no idea because I know where I want the story to go but it's hard to get a proper flow. Thanks!

12