The Power Failure

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"At some point he moved closer to me...maybe I moved, I really don't know, but he started talking in that low sexy voice of his. He was complimenting me on how I looked, smelled and how artistic I was. At first I didn't realize he was getting more personal, I just nodded and let him continue.

"I...liked that he liked me. I mean I liked it a lot. He was handsome - very manly - strong and he was interested in me. I've very rarely felt like that with a guy. He moved even closer and I started to be mesmerized by his voice. He smelled good, very manly and I wanted to lick his skin to taste what I was smelling."

I noticed how many times she used the word manly. I felt jealous, because she hadn't used that term around me that often. The first time she saw me naked, she said how manly I looked with my shaft sticking straight out aimed her way, and has said it a few times since, but not like this. I didn't say anything though and just let her talk.

"As soon as we started talking, I knew he wanted me, but I was used to men wanting to have sex with me. I'm not as beautiful as some women but, every now and then, I can see the lust in a guy's eyes for me.

"As Thomas talked, the feeling grew that he wanted me. At first it bothered me, but I grew to like it. I could tell just by looking at him and talking with him that he could have any woman he wanted. He could go after models, or movie stars, but he didn't want them; he wanted me. And I thought it was more than just animal lust. The way he talked, he was interested in me, not just my body."

She paused then looked at me, "I'm sorry. I...I don't want to cheat, but at that moment all I could think of was that he wanted me and that I knew he knew how to make love to a woman. I don't know how I knew that, maybe by his confidence, It was obvious by the way he looked, and talked that he knew how to pleasure a woman.

"He touched my shoulder and electricity shot through me. It was as if he had caressed one of my nipples. Later he brushed against my breasts and it sent a thrill through both of them, down between my legs. It was so strong just from that slight caress, I started to imagine him...uh...fucking me. I knew that he would have a large shaft. Very long and very wide and...I knew it would fill me up completely.

"He said that it would make his day to make love to me and I believed him. That was when I kissed him. Without thinking I just leaned forward and kissed his mouth. It was sweet and manly. I stopped and he licked one of my ears. That sent bigger jolts all the way down between my legs. I think I was ready to have a climax with just him kissing and licking my face like that.

"That was when I kissed him again, longer this time. I even placed my hand on the hard form shaping his pants. I knew he was extremely turned on by me because I saw a bulge form just before I kissed him the first time."

She swallowed before continuing, "This time I touched his shaft. I grabbed it in the middle and moved my hand up and down twice. Just a little, but it was enough to feel that he really was as big as he was in my fantasy."

That confession surprised me. I hadn't realized that she actually touched his shaft, even though it was through his pants, I didn't like that at all.

"He touched my breasts again and tried to reach between my legs, but I guess he couldn't because of my dress. His hand felt gentle, but strong as he brushed it against my thighs.

"Thinking of his huge thing in me reminded me of what you and I had been doing, that reminded me of you. I suddenly realized what I was doing and stepped back. I couldn't believe what I had just been doing. I was in shock for a moment. I told him that I didn't want to have sex with him, that I didn't want to commit adultery. He tried to say that it would be okay. I could still love you and still have sex with you, you wouldn't find out.

"That sounded good, but I knew it was wrong and I didn't want to hurt you. I said no again. This time I got angry at him. He kept trying to talk me into doing something I didn't want to do. I said no louder. He tried to say how much he wanted me and that having sex with me would make up for all the bad things that happened to him. He was trying to make me feel like he was a victim, that I should have sympathy for him.

"I stepped back further, but he moved closer. I didn't think he would attack me, but I was never so glad when I heard your voice.

"You should have seen the look on his face when he heard your voice. If the situation hadn't been so serious, it would have been funny."

I said, "Yeah, he sure was surprised, even though my pick-up was in the driveway."

She just nodded and didn't say anything, so I said, "So you kissed him and felt him? I think I can forgive that, because you finally came to your senses before doing anything else."

"Yes, but that isn't the worst of it. It's what I'm going to say next that you won't like."

Fearing the worst, I said, "Oh?"

"If you hadn't come home that day and if we hadn't had sex that day...as turned on as I was that day...I would... would have given in to him. I would have continue just thinking of the fact that he wanted me and that he could giv eme pleasure."

She said the whole thing with a stricken look on her face, and I saw tears form in her eyes. "And if he was as good as I thought he was, I would have continued having sex with him. I think - God, I hope - eventually I would have stopped. My conscience would have made me, but by then it would have been too late.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me...I mean I know why I did that, but I don't know why I was so vulnerable that day, why I was so horny. I do know that I won't be tempted by him again."

I noticed that at the beginning of this part of the confession, she was looking down in shame, but as she related the part about giving in the guy, if I hadn't come home, she had looked me in the face. She looked stricken, but she faced me. The strength she showed with that look was one of the reasons I loved her.

I asked, "How do you know that?"

"Because he came by again the next day and he tried it again."

I raised my eyebrows and said, "OH?"

She nodded and said, "I was tempted again, but not like the day before. The temptation was strong, but even without you being there I resisted it. A week later, after I went back to work he came over again on a Saturday. You were gone to the store when he came over. That time it was even less of a temptation. In fact I got mad at him. I knew the only reason he was coming over and I told him never to come over again. I didn't want him and I wasn't going to commit adulatory.

"I felt more anger than temptation that day even though just three day before I had a very real dream, about him and...me. It was so real I almost had a climax as I woke. I had to give myself one to go back to sleep.

She paused again then said, "I said having sex with him, but the dream didn't last that long. We were naked and I was using my hand on him as we kissed, and he was using his fingers on me. My mouth was watering just thinking about sucking on him and my snatch was wet thinking about how it was going to feel when he was finally inside me, but I didn't do either. I delayed going down on him and before we could...fuck I woke."

I hadn't known that either, even though, as I thought about it, I do remember waking up partially one night when I thought she was playing with herself. She sighed and stopped before I could get fully awake and I ended up falling back asleep.

She said, "I'm sorry if, if you...you want to move out I will understand."

As she stood there I could see that she was terrified of what my answer might be, but at the same time she kept her head up, looking at my face. I couldn't let her continue that way. I shook my head and opened my arms. She walked over and into my arms.

I didn't like what she had done, but at the same time it took a lot of courage to tell me all that, especially when she didn't have to.

I gently kissed her and said, "I love you. I don't like that you kissed him and I don't like the fact that you almost gave in to him, but you resisted him in the end, and you didn't have to tell me."

She started to say, "But I..." when I interrupted.

"I married you for better and worse - in good times and bad. I won't leave you."

I paused then said, "I hope this never happens again..." sternly leaving it hanging.

She nodded getting my message, and I continued, "I can forgive this."

"But what happens if I'm vulnerable again? I don't want to cheat; not only would that be wrong, it would hurt you and probably destroy our relationship."

"In that case we need to hope, or pray, that if you are ever that vulnerable again that there will be another unexplainable power failure."

After another longer pause I said, "At least you won't be the only one tempted by this guy."

It was her turn to say, "Oh?"

"You haven't heard?"

"I haven't heard anything about anyone being tempted, or seduced."

"Two days ago I heard that a wife on the block behind us was caught running around the house naked, with a guy who was also naked. By running I don't mean running away, as in she was being attacked. I don't know if it was the same guy, but it could be. And you know Jennie, the widow who lives on one of the back streets? The one who doesn't like to say she is a widow, because she has to explain what happened to her husband?"

Mary nodded, so I continued, "She has had a new lover lately, some man that just moved into the neighborhood. Of course with her it isn't adultery but, at a neighborhood party, I overheard her say that she didn't want a lover because of complications that would happen and the guy would eventually want to move in or marry her, neither of which she wanted."

"That bastard, making me think it was me he wanted. That makes me even more glad I didn't give in to him."

She looked up at me and I kissed her again. It was true that I didn't like what had happened, but she hadn't given in to the temptation and now I knew her reaction to the thought of her committing adultery. That I liked, and I hoped that if I was ever in the same situation I would feel and react the same way.

"Is this why we haven't had sex, except for those two quickies, since that day?"

She nodded, "I've been feeling guilty the whole time. It took me a day to realize what I would have done if you hadn't come home and that made my guilt worse. I was so sure you wouldn't love me any more, or you might think that I still wanted to give in. After feeling that way for days I knew I had to tell you. You have the right to know and I needed to confess to you. I was hoping you would forgive me, but I wasn't sure."

"That was your guilt talking. We love each too much and our relationship has been too good to let something like that interfere with it."

She was silent and I wasn't sure if we should go to the bedroom, or if this was one of the times I should just hold her. I opted on just holding her.

At one point I looked at her and said, "Sunday we can take Darlene to your parents and then we can go for a walk in the park."

Her face lit up with a smile and she said, "We can?"

"Yes. We haven't done that for over a year, and I know how much you like those walks."

"But what about your projects? You think walks in the park are a waste of time when you have something to do."

"I've been thinking and feeling guilty myself for the last few weeks. I've been spending too much time at work and too much time on my projects here. They can wait. There is no deadline for them. And if you want we can get a baby-sitter, so we can go out for dinner and dancing."

She lit up again because we hadn't done anything like that for over a year and a half.

She hugged me and we coddled standing there.

After a few minutes she asked, "Why does he do it?"

"Maybe because he can, or because he likes forbidden fruit better than free fruit, or it gives his ego a charge, or its the challenge."

"But he's destroying people's marriages."

"Yeah, but he may think he's doing them a favor by showing how much of a slut the wife really is, or he doesn't care who he hurts, or maybe he likes messing up relationships. That way he would get the thrill of victory, sex and the knowledge he's destroying a relationship all with one act."

I shrugged to indicate that I didn't know; it could all of the above, or none of the above.

"I think I need to go tell everyone about him. I can do that without revealing too much about what I almost did, and even though it might not stop him, it would give people a warning, since they would know what he was up to a ahead of time."

I nodded, not sure how much that would help

Later that night we made love, after our daughter was asleep. I made love to her first and she came so hard she scratched my back almost hard enough to make it bleed. She then made love to me, doing things she hadn't done in months. I screamed out my release, hoping it didn't wake up our daughter. We fell asleep in each other's arms.

The end

12