The Practice Pt. 11: Hannah 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Simon screamed and hurled himself backwards, tripping on Emily and sprawling into the coffee table. Bright sunlight erupted from his face while his hands scrambled desperately to pull the stone from his eye. The sunlight quickly burned away the fog that had nearly filled the room, revealing Emily's naked form curled up on the floor. Simon's legs writhed in agony and mist surged from his wailing mouth, only to dissipate immediately in the light and heat.

And then suddenly the light was gone. Hannah heard a thud as the stone plug slammed into a wall. The little remaining fog in the apartment swirled in on itself and hurtled at the front window, smashing the glass and vanishing into the night. The plug rolled across the floor, its glowing runes fading back to silver.

Hannah collapsed on the floor next to her friend, after-images of the burning runes still imprinted on her vision -- the same runes that were engraved outside Dr. Wilcox's window, and on the door beneath Bag End on the Island.

---

Emily's skin was like ice and she was murmuring wordlessly, but she was alive and apparently uninjured. She wouldn't speak or engage with Hannah, and only wanted to curl up under a blanket and sleep. Hannah cuddled with her all night and cried, never finding sleep herself. In the morning, Heron offered to drop Hannah off at the airport and take Emily to the hospital. Hannah didn't want to leave her friend, but she needed to keep her appointment with Dr. Wilcox if she wanted to find out what he knew. In the end, she kissed Emily goodbye and entrusted her to Heron's care.

"I love you Emily, I'll see you soon, I promise."

Emily only stared silently into the sky.

12