The Price of Honesty

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Kim. You're not scaring me. Seriously, you're not."

Still nothing but rustling.

"Are those my toys?" She asked with a bit of a laugh. "What are you planning to do? Fuck me?"

Stacy failed to incite a response.

"Whatever." She mumbled in a low voice. "Just don't hurt yourself."

This time she must have heard her because she left the wooden stall and started to walk towards Stacy.

"Finally. Look, I know you're upset but just hear me out."

She stopped, crossed her arms, and tapped her foot.

"I was stupid to do what I did. It was a dumb and... selfish..." Stacy said that word very cautiously "...but I really don't want to lose you over this and I'd really like it if we could start over."

She continued to tap her foot.

Stacy sighed.

"I know... I know. I should have been honest with you from the beginning, but we've built so much over these last few months and I really don't want to lose that. So... I'm sorry. Ok? Now can we just start over now? Please?"

The tapping continued.

"What else do you want from me?" Stacy snapped. "I said 'I'm sorry!'"

"Oh, you're not sorry now..." She said stepping into the light. "But you will be soon."

Stacy's eyes widened in horror.

Epilogue

Kimberly reclined in her seat enjoying the benefits of her brilliant plan: a big bowl of strawberry ice cream. Ice cream always put her in a better mood and helped her think, so when she passed a small parlor on the side of the road she just couldn't resist turning around to buy some.

Her phone buzzed telling her she had a new message. She flipped it open.

PLZ COME BAK SO WE CAN TALK THIS OUT? :( LOVE U <3

She ignored it, threw her phone back into the cupholder, grabbed the ice cream once again, and shovelled another large spoonful into her mouth.

After spending some time pondering her situation, Kimberly decided that she would go back to the apartment and wait for Stacy there. She never did give Stacy the opportunity to explain herself, but she just wasn't ready to listen to her right now. By the time she returned home she will have cooled down enough to have a fair conversation. If there really was something she had overlooked then maybe she would give Stacy another chance, but if Stacy just confirmed her worst fears and tried to apologize -- which Kimberly expected she would -- then she would just dump her. Simple as that.

Kimberly reached under the steering wheel and turned the key. The engine sprang to life and she began her long trip home.

She smiled beginning to feel better already. Ice cream really did help her think.