The Prince Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She wondered what he was thinking. She wondered what was happening to him, what was happening to her, and what would happen to the both of them.

As her mind was swimming with all of these questions left unanswered he looked upon her and said, "Now that I no longer have to worry about catching you, I can finish telling you the new rules of your employment."

She looked up at him and realized that she had completely forgotten what they had been talking about before she fainted. It all seemed so long ago. She knew she had only met him yesterday, but it felt as though they had known each other for years. So much was happening that it was hard for her to keep pace.

"From now on you will wear no undergarments of any kind whilst you work without explicit permission from me. You will continue doing your job unless I give you permission to stop. You will follow all of my instructions or you will be punished in whatever manner that I see fit."

She found it difficult to focus on the meaning of the words he was saying. The voice he had left her wanting to relax and fall asleep.

"I would also include a rule forbidding you to speak of any of this to anyone if I thought it were possible for you to follow it. However, I know that it is not. Instead, you will be permitted to tell one and only one person. You must trust that person completely for if they betray you, you will be the one to suffer the consequences.

"There will also be rewards for doing an exceptional job. I will not tell you what an exceptional job entails or the rewards that will be given, but they will be possible for you to achieve without this knowledge. Do your best in any case.

"Do you understand all of the rules that have been given to you?" he looked down at her for the first time since beginning instruction as he asked this question. She could only see the slightest hint of the expression that his face had contained earlier.

"Yes, I understand," she said in a voice that was soft with a hint of confidence.

"Then your new job begins tomorrow. This is your first reward. You have done well and deserve the remainder of the day off. Enjoy your rest, you will need it," he said as he helped her to stand.

He brushed his lips against her cheek and walked over to begin collecting his clothing. They dressed in silence; neither of them so much as glanced at the other. They were both lost in thought. Much had happened this day and many things had happened that could not be easily explained or understood.

When he finished dressing, he walked past her without looking at her. He seemed to have forgotten that she was even there. He grabbed the sheet that she had taken from his room and headed upstairs. He did not say another word to her.

She was left standing in the foyer alone. She glanced around the room trying to process the things she saw around her. She felt exhausted and realized that there was nothing she could do right then. She knew he was right in saying that she would need her rest, particularly if any of the coming days resembled the last two.

Amber then gathered herself and walked to the door and opened it. The sun was setting, leaving a flourish of pinks and oranges streaming across the sky. It was a beautiful and peaceful end to the warm summer day, completely unlike how the rest of it had been. It seemed odd that as she looked upon this sight a slight sadness began to form in her mind.

The sadness did not appear to have an origin; it was not strong or overpowering. This feeling had a tone of loss to it. It was as though she was leaving something behind as she walked away, something that she would miss and something that she would never be able to recover.

She was walking toward the palace lost in the trance that was settling over her. She knew that there was still much to do today and many things she would need to tell Marissa, but she couldn't focus on anything for more than a moment. Her thoughts contained little more than the action of putting one foot in front of the other.

She did not know it, but he stood at his window watching her departure. He watched over her as a guardian would. His eyes were vigilant and did not leave her figure until she disappeared into the palace.

The Prince had much to consider before they next met and knew that some time would pass before he saw her again. He was left to a torrent of thoughts as he walked away from the window and one question that would haunt him for some time. The question that he had always asked and would always ask. The question, "Why?"

12