The Private Life of a Country Vet

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LiveCat
LiveCat
1,048 Followers

She followed Joss as she ascended, sneaking peaks at the way her arse rippled under her jeans, until they emerged through another door onto an outside veranda that ran the length of the pavilion and was used as a spectator platform, overlooking the rugby pitch.

The air was warm and the music could be heard clearly as it drifted out through the open windows below.

Sian took a deep breath of the balmy air, relishing how clean it was compared to London, staring at the myriad of stars that sparkled in the dark of the night sky above them.

She felt her drink being removed from her hand and turned to see Joss set it on a table next to her own, before turning back and holding her arms wide.

"Dance with me?"

Sian moved forward without hesitation, wondering if Joss had read her mind. They started off dancing with space between their bodies but unconsciously they both moved closer together until they were holding each other tightly, heads resting on each others shoulders. Neither woman noticed when one song finished and another started, not really dancing anymore, just swaying together in time with the music, not wanting to break the spell that they were under.

When the music stopped altogether and they heard the DJ announce that the party was over and it was time to go home, they both pulled back slightly without taking their arms from the other's waist, their faces just inches apart.

"Thank you Joss, that was beautiful" and she leaned forward to kiss Joss lightly on the cheek. Joss had other ideas though and she turned her head so that they met lip to lip. It was a casual kiss; the sort of kiss that friends would give each other, however on pulling back once more Joss recognised the yearning in Sian's blue eyes and they both moved forward once more.

This time as their lips met it was obvious that this was to be no friendly kiss and as Joss's tongue touched Sian's soft lips they opened in invitation. They pulled each other close and neither was sure who it was that moaned as their tongues touched for the first time.

Joss eventually pulled away and smiled widely as she took Sian's hand, leading her back toward the door.

"Much as that was delightful, if we don't go downstairs now they're likely to lock the door and then we'll be stuck."

"Erm Joss, can I ask you something? Who's Sharon?"

Joss looked confused for a moment before breaking out in fits of giggles.

"Come with me."

Dragging Sian back into the main room, Joss stopped and scanned the thinning crowd, the party breaking up quickly now that the music had stopped and the bar had closed. Suddenly she was off again, dragging Sian along behind her until they reached 2 couples saying goodbye at the doorway.

"Sian, I'd like to introduce you to Sharon and Dave, they run the local post office." and the hilarity in her eyes was impossible to miss as Dave stepped aside to reveal his extremely pregnant wife.

As they strolled down the country lane in companionable silence later, Joss turned to Sian without warning and asked "Were you jealous?"

Sian was caught off guard but she knew exactly what Joss was referring to.

"I wouldn't say jealous exactly, more curious really I suppose, you know just wondering who she was and... and....oh hell, yes alright I was a bit jealous."

Sian wasn't sure if she misheard the quiet response from Joss but it sounded like "That's ok then." and the cheeky grin on her face made Sian grin back.

Arriving back at the wall that separated the land for the two cottages both women stopped and turned toward each other. Sian invited Joss in for a drink but was disappointed when she declined, citing an early morning as the reason. Her disappointment soon lifted though when Joss cupped her face in her hand and asked "Can I have another one of those kisses though to see me through the night?"

It started soft and gentle but as Sian wrapped her hand in the hair at Joss's nape they both moaned, their tongues dancing as their bodies pressed together. Eventually Joss pulled away reluctantly, looking at Sian with eyes that shone with lust and her voice was gravelly with desire. "I'm sorry but I really do have to go, I have to be at the auction tomorrow morning and I want to get my cows there early enough for them to chill out before their lot comes up. I know it sounds daft but I swear I get a better price that way and it's going to be stressful enough since I don't have my usual farmhand to help me tomorrow."

Sian smiled and said that she thought it actually made sense and besides, she liked the fact that Joss liked to look after the wellbeing of her livestock, even if she was in the process of selling them to someone else.

"What time do you have to go tomorrow?"

"I need to be on the road by 6am and it will take me an hour to get them loaded on my own, so I really do need to get going." The grimace on Joss's face left Sian in no doubt that this wasn't something she was looking forward to and on impulse, partly fuelled by a desire to spend more time with Joss, the words had left her mouth before she even realised.

"So what time should I come over to give you a hand?"

"Are you serious? You're going to get up at 5am to help me herd cattle into a lorry?" Joss had a look of incredulity on her face that had Sian giggling and doubting her own sanity but having made the offer she could hardly back out now.

"As long as you don't mind me tagging along to the auction? It'll be good for me to see how these things work if I'm to integrate myself into the community and it wouldn't do any harm for some of the farmers around here to see my face there if I want them to take me seriously."

Suddenly the air was driven from Sian's lungs as Joss enveloped her in a bear hug. "You know I could get used to having you around!" and with a quick peck on the lips Joss skipped away to her own cottage shouting "See you at 5!" over her shoulder.

When her alarm went off at 4.45 the next morning Sian was seriously regretting the last glass of wine the night before but after a speedy shower she found she had a spring in her step as she made her way over to Joss' farm house.

Remembering the unwritten rule she walked around to the back door and knocked before trying the handle and finding it open, walking in and calling out to Joss to let her know she was there.

She nearly jumped out of her skin when she simultaneously heard a loud "morning!" and felt hands on her waist from behind.

"Jesus woman! Will you stop creeping up on me before I have heart failure!" but she was laughing too hard to sound like she meant it.

"Sorry, I was just moving the truck; ready to herd some cows?"

Their eyes met as Sian turned around and the world seemed to melt away from them; their arms automatically slipping around each other's waist and pulling each other closer until their lips met in a deliciously soft, sweet kiss.

Sighing as she pulled away Joss took hold of Sian's hand and pulled her out of the door, moaning that if they didn't get going she'd lose her motivation; so reluctantly they headed outside.

Loading the cattle into the truck proved to be easier than anticipated with the two of them and in no time they were bumping down the track on the way to the market, where the porters took over in unloading them into the holding pens while the girls found a van selling coffee.

Sian was fascinated by the auction and marvelled that anyone could actually understand a word the auctioneer was saying. Joss was happy with the price she got for her cows and by 11am all business was over and they were trundling back toward the village in companionable silence to collect the Fiat when Joss suddenly said "Lunch?" out of the blue.

"Sounds good to me," replied Sian "but I don't have anything to cook and I need another shower before I do anything else cos I stink like a cow shed!"

"That settles it then, come over to me once you've had your shower and I'll cook us a roast chicken with all the trimmings."

After a quick shower Sian dressed in jeans shorts and a vest top and headed over to see Joss, a bottle of red wine in one hand and a six pack of lagers in the other. She wandered in through the open back door and called out but got no answer, so she put the wine on the kitchen table and the beers in the fridge, took a deep breath of the wonderful smells starting to waft from the oven and wandered outside again.

She couldn't see Joss anywhere so she went back inside. Walking to the bottom of the stairs she was just about to call up when she heard a strange noise, so she walked hesitantly up the stairs until she was absolutely sure of what she was hearing. The bathroom door was slightly ajar and over the sound of running water she could hear the unmistakeable sound of a very aroused woman.

Sian's immediate reaction was turn and run down the stairs but she found herself rooted to the spot, enthralled by the moans and whimpers coming through the open door. She could feel her own pussy start to throb as she sat down on the stairs and a hand wandered to her hardening nipples. She was just about to flick open the button on her shorts when she heard Joss groan loudly as she came, the shower turning off almost immediately afterwards.

Running downstairs as quickly and quietly as she could, she grabbed a beer out of the fridge and sat at the patio table trying to regain her composure, which she'd just about achieved by the time Joss appeared on the patio with her hair wet and a beer in hand.

"Beer and wine huh? Are you trying to get me drunk so you can take advantage of me?"

"I wasn't sure what you'd prefer." responded Sian as her mind ran amok recalling her eavesdropping encounter.

"What a shame! So what did you think of the auction?" at which point the conversation took a safer direction with much laughter when Sian tried to impersonate the auctioneer.

They ate a delicious lunch accompanied by the wine and by early evening Sian could feel her early start begin to catch up with her. She might have chosen the country life but she still hadn't adjusted to the early starts often associated with a farming community and she was stifling yawns as she sat in the warm sunshine in the relaxed state brought on by the wine and food.

Joss suggested they go and watch a film and Sian willingly allowed herself to be led to the living room and seated on an old & worn but huge and incredibly comfortable leather sofa while Joss rummaged through a drawer full of DVDs; finally selecting one and popping it into the player.

As the credits to The Bone Collector started to roll Sian winced "I remember this film and I'm fairly sure it had some pretty gruesome bits in it!"

"Well who would have thought our brave vet would be such a wuss?" laughed Joss as she snuggled up close to Sian, placed an arm around her shoulder and took a hand in hers "Don't worry, I'll keep the bogeyman away." and she pressed play.

By the time the film was halfway through Sian had her head resting on Joss' shoulder and she was snoring gently, so she extricated herself gently to visit the kitchen. The old stone house had cooled significantly as the evening had worn on, so she returned with 2 mugs of hot chocolate which she placed on the coffee table in front of them. Sian woke just as Joss was pulling a soft blanket over them, the smell of chocolate filtering through into her senses.

"Oh Joss I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep on you."

"It's ok Hon; you looked kind of sweet asleep on my shoulder. Here have some hot chocolate, you'll have to get used to early starts you know."

Sian accepted the mug gratefully and snuggled against Joss under the blanket as she sipped.

"I'm sure I'll get used to it soon, it's only been a few weeks. I don't know how you have so much energy though, especially as you have don't have lots of help around the farm."

"There isn't enough money to hire more hands right now; I guess I've just got used to having to do things for myself."

Sian's mind instantly flew back to the shower incident and she nearly snorted chocolate down her nose, the words spilling out before she even realised.

"Yeah I noticed when I got here!" She was instantly mortified at her words and as she saw the puzzled look on Joss' face turn to realisation she wished she could rewind.

"Oh shit," mumbled Joss "was I that loud?"

"No not at all, I came looking for you and I walked up the stairs at an....um....pertinent moment. Um ...sorry, I didn't mean to erm, you know, listen in." stammered an extremely embarrassed Sian.

Both women remained silent as they regarded each other, Sian's face turning scarlet as Joss started to laugh heartily.

"Shouldn't it be me that's embarrassed?"

"I'm so sorry," Sian stammered, not at all sure what to say "I didn't mean to eavesdrop, I was just trying to let you know I'd arrived and ..... well, I got to the stairs and...."

"So you heard me and then what? You just turned around and walked back down the stairs to wait for me?"

Sian didn't answer; she was too embarrassed to even lift her head to look at Joss, until she hooked a finger under Sian's chin and lifted her face, planting a soft kiss on her lips.

"Relax, its ok. Just who do you think I was thinking about when I was in the shower huh? If I didn't find you such a bloody turn on I'd have been downstairs waiting for you when you arrived and you know what -- if I'd known you were there on the stairs I would have invited you into the shower with me. I've been flirting with you outrageously in the hope that you'd show some interest, especially after last night but you've ignored almost everything that isn't totally blatant, so I guess I'm just not your type?"

"No! I mean yes you are! I think you're amazing but I'm not good about being cagey regarding my sexuality and I know you're keen to keep your private life private, so I suppose I was just being wary -- that and not being quite able to believe my luck that you were really that interested in me."

"I don't usually kiss people I'm not interested in like this."

As their lips met Joss snaked her hand into the hair at the nape of Sian's neck sending shivers down her body and as the kiss continued, their tongues performing a perfectly choreographed slow, sensuous waltz, they somehow ended up laid down on the sofa with Joss on top and Sian's hands around her waist, her fingers caressing the taught, smooth skin of her back.

Their legs were tangled and as they shifted slightly both women moaned having found a thigh pressed tightly against their core. The kiss became frenzied as they rocked in unison, panting and moaning as their passion rose, until Sian broke the kiss, breathing heavily.

"Oh God Joss, please take me to bed."

Joss leapt up off the couch and grabbed Sian's hand, almost dragging her off the sofa toward the stairs.

They were giggling like schoolgirls as they ran upstairs into Joss' bedroom and Sian surprised her by taking the initiative, pushing her down onto the bed while remaining standing herself and torturously slowly pulling her t shirt up and over her head as Joss looked on, licking her lips in anticipation.

Sian was just flicking her shorts button open when the sounds of "you and me baby ain't nothing but mammals so let's do it like they do on the discovery channel" filled the air stopping her dead in her tracks.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me!" she exclaimed, pulling the phone from her shorts pocket and glaring at it, finally hitting the button and taking the call.

"Yes?" Sian snapped angrily into the phone, but her annoyance turned to worry as soon as the other person started talking. Joss was also irritated however she became concerned as she listened to the side of the conversation she could hear, which finished with Sian saying "I'll be there as soon as I can.""Joss, I'm so sorry. A badly wounded horse has been found wandering one of the country lanes; they're bringing it into the surgery now. I hate to leave you but I have to go.""Great timing but this can wait - come on I'll drive you." and with that the two girls made themselves decent and ran downstairs.When they arrived at the surgery there was already a small horsebox pulled up outside, the driver pacing anxiously outside, the glow of his cigarette casting an eerie glow onto his face."I'm sorry to call you on a Sunday night Doc but I didn't know what else to do. I found her wandering so I got my box and brought her here; I think she's in a really bad way and she doesn't seem able to put any weight on one of her front legs."He opened the back of the box and handed Sian a powerful torch as she and Joss stepped up the ramp."Oh my god!" Sian exclaimed as she saw the state of the horse within. It was standing but only just, leaning most of her weight against the side of the box. She had blood running from the side of her head and a large tear in the skin of her left foreleg which was clearly broken, her eyes wide and glazed as she snorted bubbles of blood down her nose."That's old Jack's horse!" Joss cried out"Well she looks like she's been hit by a big car and she's wearing a saddle; has anyone seen Jack?""I'll call the police and get some of the locals out to have a look, will you be alright here?""Yes get going, let me know if you find anything."The man, who turned out to be a local farmer's son called Henry, helped Sian lead the badly hurt horse down the ramp and into a sterile holding stable, where Sian sedated her so she could take a proper look at her wounds."Doesn't look good Doc." and the look on his face mirrored her own concerns. "Best to put the poor thing out of her misery now?""Maybe but I want to take some x-rays first." and she turned to pull the x-ray arm over the horse, grabbing a plate on the way and wondering how they would get it under the horse with just two of them."Doc, before you start - if this really is Jack's horse you better stop now. The man doesn't have any money and I'd very much doubt he has insurance for her, so......"Sian rounded on the young man, much angrier than she intended, startling him into silence."Firstly, my name is Sian not Doc. Secondly, have I even mentioned money? Did my uncle always put money first when it came to helping a sick animal?"Henry shook his head meekly"Good! Right now I want to help this poor horse and if I have to put her down I will but not before I know what we're dealing with, now stop standing there like a plank and help me slide this damned plate under her!"Galvanised into action, Henry helped roll the heavy beast until Sian had the plate in position to take the x-ray. This was going to be a long night.....At 5am Sian was sat in the surgery waiting room with a strong cup of coffee, wondering how she was going to make it through the rest of the day with no sleep, when someone rapping on the glass door startled her out of her reverie.She stood wearily and unlocked the door when she saw Joss the other side, Toby standing just behind her."Jesus, you look like you've been through hell and back!" and with that Sian collapsed in floods of tears into Toby's arms and wept, Toby delicately shifted his burden to Joss who wrapped Sian in her arms and guided her back to a chair, as Toby disappeared through the back door of the surgery.She lifted Sian's face to hers and kissed her softly before speaking. "We found Jack. He's in a bad way but he's in hospital and they're taking care of him; we'll know more later. His dog hadn't left his side and his barking guided us to him. How's the horse?"Sian sniffed and wiped her eyes, she'd been so wrapped up with the horse she'd forgotten all about jack!"I'm not sure. There was no internal bleeding but she has a badly broken leg and a fractured skull. I'm not sure she'll make it due to the shock and even if she does I don't think she'll ever be fit to ride again. Maybe I should have just let her go, now at best I've saddled Jack with a horse he needs to care for but can't even ride, he might not thank me for that.""Don't be so sure." came Toby's voice as he came back into the waiting room "That horse was his wife's and I think he'd sell his own limbs to take care of it. He rarely rides her anyway, so I'm surprised he was on her today to be honest. I hope he got some details of the vehicle that hit them, cos the driver needs their come-uppance!"

LiveCat
LiveCat
1,048 Followers