The Prize Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
CharmingVixen
CharmingVixen
1,045 Followers

"Talia," he repeated the name, rolling the name around with a sort of thoughtfulness. "Kill the child, and her mother."

"No!" Teel's protest echoed in the still morning air, but no one paid her any attention as the child was grabbed and a sword produced. "No." She tried to shake off the arms that were restraining her, but she could tell by the fierce grip and position that it was Rogue himself who was holding her.

"This is your punishment," his insidious voice whispered into her ear, delivered with all the warmth of a lover's caress. "This is what your defiance has earned you."

Teel shivered in his arms, crying and begging at the same time. "Take my life instead," she begged. "Please don't do this."

Then he laughed, a laugh so cold and without humor that Teel knew there was nothing she could do to save the child.

"Teel," Talia cried to her. Teel lifted her head and met Talia's eyes, her misery shining through her. "I'm not afraid," Talia told her. "I will gladly die to give you strength." And that was all Teel needed to hear for her spine to lengthen with renewed resolve and her face to freeze into an emotionless mask.

"What? No more sweeping promises? No more empty words," Rogue went on relentlessly taunting her. Daring her to defy him in this moment.

And Teel did not disappoint. Her voice was quiet but so clear it could be heard in the furthest reaches of the room. "There are always promises Rogue, and here is one for you. If you kill Talia, then I suggest you kill me too, because I promise you I will take a life for a life, a child's life for a child's life if ever I get the chance." Her head turned and her empty eyes met his, "And I will get the chance," she promised.

No one watching doubted the quiet sincerity of her words, and in that moment it became clear to all why Rogue thought her such a fitting match. No one spoke with the authority and fear inspiring intensity that these two were able to speak with. Only Rogue remained unmoved by her speech.

His hard eyes met her cold unflinching stare, neither willing to back down. "Kill the child," he repeated.

CharmingVixen
CharmingVixen
1,045 Followers
12