The Professor Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You planted them. We have a bumper crop. They've been my friends while you were away. Come with me," she held her hand to me as I set my bag down, "look what I did for us," as she led me to the previously unused third bedroom. "I turned it into an office for us." My jaw dropped – all of my books were here including the Oxford Dictionary and my typewriter. There was even a whole wall that was slate blackboard that she found at a school that was being demolished. Mike Cowart was a student of hers, my friend and the city police chief's son who came and installed the chalkboard. She slid her arms around my neck and we kissed for a long time – I had missed her so and these kisses were like a flame-thrower.

I stopped us, "Wait one," I hurriedly locked the front and back doors and came running back to the office doorway where she was smiling with her head tilted against the door frame.

"My sweet, thoughtful husband. Come make love to me. It's been too long," she was so sensual and so sexy I couldn't resist her. This time I lifted her into my arms and carried her to the bedroom, turning out the office light as we turned toward our night.

"It has been too long. Is the cystitis done?" I wanted to know.

"Oh yes. I'm so horny right now there's no telling what's gonna happen baby," she whispered in that husky Lissia voice that I heard over and over in my long nights at Benning.

I laid her on the bed, kicking off my shoes, stripping down to my birthday suit as she sexily removed her clothes, watching me with the most seductive gaze I'd ever known. She was going to keep this promise with a certitude that I'd never known before. I began undressing her button by button kiss by kiss. The familiar was taking over, the fan's whisper, her radiant smile and the sweet scent of jasmine filled the air around us. I unhooked her bra and released her beautiful, rich brown breasts, her nipples standing tall and looking delicious. I kissed down her neck, spending time kissing her chest and then each breast with articulate and practiced care – I dreamed about this moment and how it would feel. I could conjure up a better feeling in all of my life as I suckled hers breasts – massaging each one in succession as she moaned and moved under my touch, "Baby I am so wet...feel me..."

I slid my hand down her warm belly to a very smooth pelvic region that had once been covered in rich black curls that always beckoned me to feast on her fragrant and lush pussy, "Wow you're so smooth..."

"That's one surprise," she kissed me with such passion that I almost choked on her tongue. It wasn't long before I unsuccessfully tried to lick and tease her pussy and clit. She was right she was drenched and soaking wet, "Steven I don't need any foreplay right now...come to me baby give me your big ol' hard dick...I need you so badly," she gasped as the head of my dick pressed against her pussy lips and she reacted quickly – her pussy swallowed my throbbing dick in one swift and amazing movement.

I cannot tell you what happened...the only word I can use to describe our physical hunger for one another was ravage. We were so physical in our passion that our bodies were pouring sweat at the same rate as our ragged and pitched breathing. Our grunting and lust filled the house with a primal sound and smell that neither of us had ever experienced. As you can imagined our orgasms came fast and hard, adding to the heat, sweat and smells of an already overwhelming scene for us both. We panted out our love for one another and crashed and burned in each others arms. Somewhere around 0200 hours we awoke groggily and disentangled ourselves from one another. Lissia's eyes were soft, her smile tender and gentle, her breathing began once again where we left off with such syncopation that it would seem contrived were it not so real in our lives.

The next few days would be the most endearing memories I would ever have the chance to share with Lissia. We went everywhere together. I went to the registrar's office and collected my class cards (IBM keypunch cards that we used back in the dark ages) - I got all the classes I needed – Dr. Quiñones and LTC Calwell took care of that. This time when I went to the business office there was only a voucher to sign and one for the bookstore. I owed no money for school and it felt good. We then drove over to the Private university to visit her office on that very private university where she was the only black faculty. She was greeted cordially and I met her suite mates as she introduced me to them as her fiancé. I was stunned at the warmth of that reception. We walked around that campus for a bit – the fragrant live oaks accompanied our stroll. We were living in a dream state. Everything was happening so fast and so surreally. I spent more time at Lissia's home as she called it our home that I did at Mom and Dad's. We went to church with them every Sunday and had Sunday dinner with them. Often we would come on Saturday in time for Lissia and Mom to cook and talk. It gave Dad and me time to steel me for the inevitable.

******************************

Our life settled into a beautiful rhythm. Lissia and I spent all of our free time together. We loved working in the yard. We built a white picket fence around her home with and arched arboreal entrance with a yellow climbing rose on the arbor. When school started, the studies and the ROTC commitment kept me swamped. I usually spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday night at her house. When I didn't have ROTC drill I was there working on my mathematics course load since my undergraduate studies were done. We didn't attend football games at my University instead we went to Saturday home games at the Private university. We were accepted there and few people ever knew who we were. Lissia and I began running together. At first she ran about a mile eventually she was running six or seven miles every day with me. We agreed that we needed to be healthy for one another.

One Saturday morning Mom called in a panic, "Steven you need to come home it's your Dad...he's bleeding." I hung up the phone and grabbed Lissia and we raced home just as he and Mom were getting into her car to take him to Galveston.

"Mom! You get in back with Dad – I'll drive. Lissia hop in the front with me," I was giving orders like I knew what I was doing. Our neighbor up the street was the police chief of our small town he had joined us, Chief Grantham signaled me to follow him and we were sailing along behind his siren at speeds reaching 100 mph. We made it to the USPHS Hospital in Galveston in about 20 minutes. They got Dad situated into the ICU while we paced the floor. Mom was in with him. I introduced Chief Grantham to Lissia, "Chief this is Dr. Phylissia Wright, Dr. Wright this is Chief Grantham."

He took his hat off and shook her hand, "I heard Steven was engaged to a black woman no one told me that you were so beautiful," he behaved like the Southern gentleman that he was. The Chief directed us to some chairs in a waiting area, "It doesn't look good for the Major Steven." He was my Dad's friend.

"Yes sir I know," I spoke grimly as Lissia held onto my hand and arm, her tears were building. "Dad's been trying to get us ready but there's no way that you can be ready for this..."

My tears rolled down my face and Lissia hugged my neck, "Oh Baby I'm so sorry just cry all you need to – I'm right here." Chief Grantham came over and hugged us to him – we all needed to cry.

After a while, an hour or more, Mom came out, "Son you and Phylissia can go in to see him – he wants to see you both." Mom hugged us, "Thank you for coming Son, your brothers didn't get home from their dates fast enough. I'm so damned angry at them right now." She went over and sat with the Chief.

We went into the ICU; the nurse in charge tried to stop Lissia but I told her, "This is my wife." That shocked and quieted her as we walked over to Dad's bed. They had a tube in his right lung and one down his nose.

He grinned and whispered hoarsely, "It looks like my stunt worked..." he gasped for breath, "you came to see me."

I was in no mood for his gallows humor as I sat down in one chair pulling another over for Lissia, "Lissia and I love you Dad. I know this is not what you wanted. I'll be here as long as you need me..."

He freed his hand from ours, "Phylissia make sure he goes to class and studies hard – his work is important. We both know what's coming..."

Lissia stood and got the wet, cool cloth from the bedside bowl and placed it on Dad's forehead, "Major we'll stay right here with you; neither Steven nor I will leave your side and we'll keep an eye on Mrs. Edwards." She leaned over and kissed him and his smiled wanly as she sat back down. His color was turning ashen. The ICU nurse came over and increased his oxygen and his cheeks flushed with color. She check the bottle where the blood from his lung had drained, it appeared that the hemorrhage had stopped. The medical team had two IV's running and had given him a sedative. So we sat there with him for a very long time. We went out and checked on Mom. The doctor had given Mom a valium – she was anxious – the valium had calmed her down but she needed sleep.

I signaled to Chief Grantham and he came over while Lissia sat with Mom, "How is he?"

"He's not good sir," I was feeling the weight of it all, "would you mind taking Mom home? She's going to need some rest. Dr. Wright and I will stay with Dad."

"Are you sure Steven?" He looked hard at me.

"Yes sir, you know how close I am with Dad," I told him.

He nodded and put his arm around my shoulder, "Let's go in and see the Major."

We went into the ICU so the Chief could see Dad. He patted Dad's arm, "Pete, I'm taking Marsha home. I'll call Inez to let her know we're coming. Your boy here and his fiancé are going to stay here with you. They'll call us if you need Marsha."

Dad nodded, "Thanks Ike." They shook hands as best they could – the Chief and I went back into the family area where Lissia was collecting Mom.

"Call me Steven if anything changes," he had tears in his eyes, "he doesn't look good."

"I will Chief Grantham. Thank you for everything sir," I shook his hand and he hugged me close like a son. He was a slight man with a leather-tough exterior. He didn't want me to see him cry. I couldn't have anyway because of my tears.

We walked over to Mom where she was standing and Lissia was telling her our plans, "Mrs. Edwards Chief Grantham is going to take you home. Steven and I are going to stay here with the Major. We'll call you if anything changes."

Mom hugged her, crying, "Thank you sweet child of mine, thank you. Steven is my heart and you are his. I love you both so much for doing this."

I hugged and kissed Mom and we took her to the Chief's car. I made sure I had the car keys and Dad's ID cards. We got her in the car and sent her on her way. It was getting late now and we were hungry. We went back to the ICU to check on Dad. The ICU nurse met us and said that Dad was resting – they'd given him a sedative and for us to go get some supper.

We went to the Seaview where Mr. Spanos met us at the door with a big smile that suddenly went dark as we told him what had happened. He went and got his wife Effie who hustled us over to their family booth and they flanked us as their daughters brought food to us. They loved us and sheltered us in the turbulence of this growing darkness in our life. Dad's life was ebbing as ours was beginning – the Spanoses were not going to let us go through this alone. After supper Mr. Spanos followed to the hospital and we took him in to see Dad. Dad was awake and Georgie knelt at his bedside, kissing Dad's hand, "Oh my God please look with favor on you Son Pieter." He stayed only a short while and as he left, "Stefan you and doctor come to us when the night, she get long – okay?" He was blubbering and we hugged him and he kissed us both, "Momma will come back to be with you – okay?" He left wiping his nose with a huge handkerchief – blowing it like a foghorn, wailing softly as he walked.

Lissia and I pulled our chairs next to Dad's bed and sat down. Lissia held his hand and I patted his shoulder. He fell asleep while we kept vigil over him. Dad knew his time was near – the three of us knew. I was barely keeping it together and Lissia was not. She had pulled her feet up under her on the chair and seemed so diminutive and fragile. About two in the morning Dad's breathing got ragged and I climbed on the bed with him, propping him up against me so it would be easier to breathe. I'm not sure what time his life slipped from my grasp...I couldn't stop it...he coughed and his breathing got shallower and it was almost inaudible. I saw Lissia stand up and there was this chilling rattle in his chest, his grip on my hand slackened and he sighed out his last breath. I couldn't believe it. His heart monitor rang out its alarm and I hugged him to me...I don't remember what happened after that...Lissia will tell you...

FROM LISSIA – THE MAJOR DIES

When Steven's daddy died I was with him. Steven was holding his Daddy's hand lying on his bed with him – I heard his Daddy give that death rattle and he breathed out. I got up and went over and put my arms around he and his daddy – we hugged him tightly as my baby cried his heart out – he would never really get over that – I think coming home from Vietnam and not having his Daddy to talk to about it broke his sweet heart. Those two were tight. The nurse on duty heard the alarm and came over and told us to step away...I had to pull Steven off of his Daddy. Two doctors came in and tried to resuscitate the Major but it was no use. His body was tired from fighting the cancer. We're never ready for our loved ones to die. Steven through all the blunt talks that he and his Daddy had was putting off the inevitable. Mrs. Spanos was waiting outside in the family area when Steven and I came out. She knew. She ran over and hugged us both so tightly, speaking in Greek and wailing. After a little while she went to get her husband – Steven and I went with the doctor to his office to call his Momma.

His Momma and brothers were home sleeping forty miles away. I held onto him as tightly as I could as he told her. He was fighting back the tears remembering what his Daddy had asked him to do – I could see his devotion to the duty his Daddy had asked him to perform and God love his dear heart he held up until he hung up the phone. The doctor left us alone in his office and my baby laid his head against my chest and I held him while he cried his heart out. He stopped crying, stood up and looked at me, "We need to go home. Mom's gonna need us." When he stood up he reminded me of those grand live oaks on the campus. There is this power in their presence – a quiet certitude of being. It was in Steven. We drove quickly to his Momma's house. I'd never seen anyone so calm as Steven. His brothers were completely distraught and wailing – his Momma just leaned on Steven. I could see the pain in my baby's eyes as he began writing notes. Their pastor showed up. Steven called LTC Calwell who began arranging the military funeral. Steven's ROTC unit would be the honor guard. By 8 a.m. Steven had the funeral home pick up his Dad's body. LTC Calwell already began arranging the cortege at the Houston National Cemetery. Given the Major's military record he could have been buried at Arlington National Cemetery but Steven said no that his Momma would want to be able to visit his Daddy's grave.

Mrs. Edwards sat between Steven and me and we held her close. She looked at me, "Phylissia I am thankful to God that Steven has found the love of his life who would be with him in his darkest moment. I love you for loving my boy." My heart was melting away into tears as she held onto me and cried against my breast. Steven hugged us both close to his heart kissing us both. He made his Momma go to bed and told his brothers to go to the church with Reverend Broughton to set up the gymnasium for the service. We pulled out the sleeper sofa and lay down to catch some rest. We held each other and rocked one another to sleep.

Around 10:30 or so I heard a commotion and in that ruckus I heard the word 'nigger' the next thing I knew George, Steven's younger brother was on his back with a bloody nose – out cold as a chip. One of his friends attempted to take Steven on – at this point I was wide awake – that boy got the word 'fucking' out of his mouth and Steven kicked him in the chin, flipping him onto his back. Steven turned and grabbed Hal by the throat and told him, "I am done with all of you bigots. You take this trash out of Dad's house. You are not welcome here. You find somewhere to stay until after Dad's funeral. I told you I'd rip your heart out and I will – I'm coming for you. But Dad is dead and you cowards couldn't even go to the hospital to be with him while he was dying. Get the fuck out of here!" Harold roused George and George's friend and they left. It was a very bad day. The long-term effects of that moment wouldn't be felt until much later when even darker days would appear.

In those bitter few days when his daddy died I never left Steven's side; Steven took care of the funeral arrangements and keeping his Momma occupied. The funeral was amazing. Their pastor had never done a military funeral. The Army Color Guard came. The ROTC Unit came. The church gymnasium held seven hundred people and there were folks standing everywhere. There were twenty motorcycle police officers that escorted the funeral procession to the National Cemetery. I'd never seen anything like it. Steven was in his uniform, holding onto his Momma and me. The rifle squad of six men fired three volleys and then came the playing of 'Taps.' It's chilling, soulful soliloquy of mourning announced the last homage to a great warrior. Then the military pallbearers stepped up and folded the flag and finally with the folded flag, the Colonel presented the flag to Mrs. Edwards, "On behalf of the President of the United States and a grateful nation, I wish to present you with this flag in appreciation for your husband's service." It was the most somber place I've ever been. I had chills thinking forward. Would I be sitting there where Mrs. Edwards was receiving Steven's flag one day?

We were escorted back to the waiting family car and we returned to Mrs. Edwards home for a gathering of family and friends. Everyone talked about the Major with such reverence. I met his men from both wars – black and white who held the Major is such high regard and honor. Mrs. Edwards was recovering capably and ordering folks around in her normal Southern woman way with me at her elbow when one well-intentioned relative said, "Where did you find such lovely help?" Meaning me. Mrs. Edwards turned and faced her cousin, "This is Dr. Phylissia Wright – she is Steven's fiancé and my daughter – she is here to honor her Father-in-law not as MY help." You could have heard a fly fart it got so quiet. Her cousin begged my forgiveness and I nodded.

I joined Steven and LTC Calwell as they were chatting. Steven smiled and held his arm to me, "Hi baby. Thank you for everything."

I kissed him, "I love you Steven and whatever you or your Momma need it's yours."

LTC Calwell smiled to me and shook my hand, "Dr. Wright I cannot thank you enough for being Steven's strength through this. The love that you two share is powerful medicine for a shaky world that doesn't know how to behave with one another. You two could teach us how to love again." He said his goodbyes and made several offers of assistance to Mrs. Edwards which she would accept over time.

We went over and talked with his Mom. She was surrounded by family and hugged us, "why don't you two go home and get some rest. Steven, my Son, you are so strong but you need to sleep. Go home with your sweet wife. Get some rest. Phylissia take him home now okay darling?"