The Proposal Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The springs in the hinges of the box pushed it open as soon as she barely touched the lid, revealing the three stone setting, placed atop a silver band with gold wrapping around it. The center diamond was the biggest she had ever seen in real life, but it was offset slightly by the ones surrounding it, both of which would do well on their own when stacked up against the average jewelry store diamond. She had nothing to compare it to, had never owned a diamond before he had entered her life, no frame of reference but to realize that neither of her sisters had this much glitter between their two combined.

She looked up again, and realized that neither of them was breathing. His hands were gripping the table; knuckles turning white, his mouth half open, eyes fixated on her, unblinking, terror written on his face. He was afraid she would say no, she realized.

Her mind took itself back, racing back several weeks to Tammy's birthday. He had been out of town, visiting some conference in New York. He had almost begged her to go, but she had school, and had put her foot down with no. So the girls had sat in the apartment, drinking wine, and laughing about their lives until they got to that sweet wine drunken state of seriousness.

Jessica had revealed that she would be moving in with Rick when their lease ran out next semester, which Tammy and Amber had booed. But then the attention had turned to Amber, when Jessica pointed out that she had been seeing Jonathan much longer then she had been with her man, and when was she going to hop into his mansion?

She had turned quiet, and revealed her own fear, her fear that Jonathans inability to see past their age gap and possible future problems would keep them apart, would keep him from ever being able to truly see how much she loved him, how much she wanted and needed him around. She had almost cried, while both women reassured her that he would eventually ask, and her loudly proclaiming that when he did, she would take him, twenty one year gap and all.

There was a pain in her chest, and she realized that air was still not moving down her throat. He looked worse for wear, and for a flash she feared he might have a heart attack at any moment. So she surprised him again, leaping over the table.

Her body struck his with incredible force as she wrapped her arms and legs around him, screaming with glee and surprise, holding him tight, his chair toppling backwards, sending them sprawling to the floor. But she did not let go, kissing him all over, holding on to him, rolling on the wooden floor.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! I'll come to your room every night, forever! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Yes, I'll marry you!"

"Next time…try not to keep me waiting half a fucking eternity." He kissed her back, holding her tight, slowly sitting up on the floor.

"Crazy man, I was so surprised." Throwing herself at him again, they were on the floor once more, with her kisses all over him. "And now…for what you said earlier…"

"It's in the bag."

"So she said yes."

"Yeah. Kept me hanging for damn near three minutes, I thought my heart was going to explode." Jonathan could hear Markus laugh, and then Margie joined in after he relayed the story to his wife. "And by the way, we can't go back to Moritz Fondue and Grill anymore." It wasn't his fault the waiter had walked in on her riding him like a one horse sleigh. Should have knocked first.

"Congratulations. Does little Jonathan get to be the ring bearer?"

"I take it Margie has already been doing her prep work?"

"We never doubted she would say yes."

"Good to know. Tell him we'll go tux shopping soon. You, too, by the way."

Markus laughed again, before becoming serious. "I was your best man last time round, you think that's a good thing to try again?"

"Well, we were young then, and you failed in your best man duty to advise me in what a bad decision I was making. I think you've matured since then, and as a lawyer and doctor now, I'm confident in your ability to give better guidance now."

"You made the right choice, Jonathan."

"Thank you." He put the phone down, and looked over at the massive bed that sat in the center of the room. She was laying astride the sheets, dressed in a rather lacy purple teddy, and a brand new diamond ring, her ringed finger beckoning him to her. This was going to be fun.

While he had never been one for long engagements, he was one for giving her all the dreams she would let him, so after discovering that she had always dreamed of a summer wedding out doors, he offered to delay their nuptials until the warmer season, which also gave a wider time line then the 90 days he had envisioned. Amber was thankful for that, since she did not tell he parents that she was engaged until New Years, almost a full month after the event happened.

It could have gone smoother, could have gone better, but after a long talk with her father, Jonathan could solidly count Mr. Mathews in the "win" column. Her mother was more resistant, and not very happy about the tongue piercing either, but in the end bowed to the happiness of her daughter. The rest of the family just seemed glad that Amber had found somebody who was willing to put up with her crazy self, and who actually went so far as to encourage her athletic abilities, and her crazy desires for multiple degrees.

But she didn't move in with him, deciding to spend her semester of being engaged living with Tammy instead, not wanting to jinx the marriage thing through any statistics, no matter how much her pastor told her that premarital co-habitation was a form of test drive, and since she was already sleeping with him, why not try on the other shoe as well? Not that it made much difference, she spent much time over there, and he spent much time at her place.

But the one person he did not tell was Angelina, even though she called at an ever increasing pace to see if they had broken up yet, until he got a no contact order from both a local judge, and one in California. By default, he did not tell Sam, something he planned to rectify when she came to visit.

Which lead Amber to be standing in the arrival lounge of the cities airport, craning her neck to see down the concourse. He had tried to buy her a ticket, so that she could go into the secured areas to wait for her, but she had told him that she would refuse to go past the security barriers, that just being a total waste of money.

Finally she spotted the lovely blond girl, and the two embraced like old friends. Her dad may not have told her about the impending marriage, but he had started a regular email and phone call dialogue with his daughter, and she knew how happy this woman made her father. That, and she was glad that he had finally found somebody who pushed him to come find her.

"Where's my dad at?"

"Some emergency came up at work, we'll go meet him at his office." They picked up her bags, and walked out into the parking garage, dumping them into the trunk of her car. Along with not moving into his place, she had not let him buy her another car, either, even though the thought was appealing. Not like hers had not seen better days. But with marriage approaching, she was enjoying her last pieces of independence. It did not take a clairvoyant to see that one of the many gifts he would give her on that day would be a car.

And so Samantha cried that night over dinner at his place when he told her, Amber finally revealing the ring Jonathan had bought her, then leaving father and daughter alone to cry together, as she wandered the back yard. The house was only about ten extra minutes away from campus, and as much as Tammy bitched about having to find a new roommate, she was sure her friend would be ok. She had a magnetic personality, and was a member of a sorority. She could find somebody to live with.

She heard him approach, felt his arms sliding around her, and she reached back to wrap her fingers behind his head, his lips touching her neck, the heat transferring instantly.

"You make me so happy." He whispered in her ear, and she giggled when it tickled her, the hot breath turning her on.

"I'm glad. I should. You do the same for me."

"How can I ever thank you?"

"Don't spend to much money on this whole thing?"

"How about we settle for you never have to learn how much I'm going to spend?"

"You know, my dad should be paying for this."

"I told him I would not tell you, but I bribed him into being for this by telling him that I would pay for everything, and that I would recommend him for membership in the Lincolnton Golf & Racquet club."

"I should have known." She turned around, kissing him on the lips. "What's Samantha doing?"

"Going to bed. The time change has her all messed up, it should only be afternoon, but it's evening, so she's going to sleep through it. The thing she wanted to tell me is that she is going to go to college out here on the east coast, at Chapel Hill."

"Cool. She'll be right up the road." She kissed him again, and could read his happiness in his eyes. "Well, well, well. Looks like we are going to break in the back yard." She pulled him down onto the grass and went to work, muffling his cries with her lips, tits and pussy, and sucking him as if her life depended on it.

"I don't know. I'd have to see it in person." Amber flipped the page in the bridal magazine, realizing for the thousand time that she should have gone into wedding dress design. Apparently you could make a lot of money selling the same thing under twenty different names, and charging as if they were some kind of super designer thing.

"Hey, you are only going wear it one time, don't get pressured. Pick the one you want, he can afford it." Margie waved at Jonathan through the window. He gave a motion back that was probably supposed to mean that he was out of money, but only made the girls smile.

Amber waved at him as well, eliciting a smile from his face, the flipped to the next page, still looking. "How did you find your dress?"

"Went to the store, tried on two, third time was a charm."

"Just like that?'

"Just like that. But I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted."

"So did I! Until I started seeing all these choices."

"We've confused the girl." Angela had noticeably changed in the last couple of months, looking healthier and much happier. Margie did not totally believe that Morrison had given up his philandering ways, but if his wife bought it, who was she to rain on the parade?

"You sure have." She smiled, and pushed the book like Marriage Magazine of her lap. Jesus. Ten bucks, and what you basically bought was a phone book worth of advertisements, with maybe forty or so pages of actual writing thrown in for good measure, giving such good advice as how to avoid paying the marriage penalty when you tied the knot.

"I can't look at this any more. Especially not when they are outside drinking beer!" Standing, she walked out onto the porch, where Jonathan was standing next to Markus, having an animated argument over the best way to grill venison.

Walking up behind him, she kissed him on the back of the neck, and he followed her over to the steps that lead down into the backyard. "Hey." She kissed him again, and again he smiled.

"Hey back."

"It's not fair. How hard is it to pick out a tux?"

"Pretty easy, actually." He had done so in a matter of minutes after walking into the store.

"Figures."

"You know, I could…"

"Don't even start with the designer dress crap again. I'll punch you in the throat, right here in front of god and everybody." She snuggled under his arm, kissing his neck.

"This dress thing really has you riled up, don't it?" He looked down at her, and they kissed. He tasted funny, and she could see beads of sweat popping on his forehead.

"You ok?"

"Yeah, why?" He stepped back from her, and their eyes locked. His were slightly unfocused, and she stepped closer, putting her arms on his. "Look at me."

His head turned, but something was missing. It was like looking into a TV that was on, but with no picture. The fire was missing. Her mind slowed down, as she recorded his slowing breath, the way he was opening his mouth to inhale deeply, but only taking a short gasp. The sweat, the eyes.

"Jonathan."

"I don't feel so good…"

"Jonathan…"

He sank back into the chair, flexing both hands. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Markus turn towards them, flipping a piece of meat with the tongs. The last thing he heard before he fainted was her scream.

At first she jumped back when his eyes closed, the loud screech tearing across the yard. Then she came forward again, still screaming, only to be run over by Markus as he slammed her aside, bouncing her off the wall, pulling his friend out of the seat, and sprawling him across the floor. She dove forward to do SOMETHING, but Randy grabbed her, coming out of nowhere, and pulled her aside.

She screamed again, kicking and clawing, but the man was to strong, and to ready. "AMBER! STOP!" But she was not to be deterred, watching Markus rip away his friends shirt, screaming for Margie to grab something as he flicked Jonathan's eyes and motioned Morrison for the phone.

"STOP! He's a doctor, let him help!" Finally she calmed down, standing by helplessly as Margie called 911. Then she hugged her future husbands namesake, and cried with the little boy.

He felt the vehicle moving, not sure what it was. He could hear her crying, not to far from his face. It had to be her touching him, nobody else felt that good. His arm would not move.

"I'm ok."

"Don't talk. I'm here baby." And she kissed him. That felt good. He passed out again.

"What are you going to do?"

"Get him in there, check if we have to cut him open, and make him better."

"You do this kind of thing before?"

"Every day hunny, every day." They looked down at him, and he smiled back up, having heard their every word. Her face was red and puffy. Wow, she was beautiful.

"I'm ok."

"You've said that. I'll be waiting on you." She kissed him again, and his eyes closed once more.

He was not sure how long he had been out when he finally opened his eyes for good. Looking around the room, he realized that the extra insurance he had always bitched to his accountant about had paid off. He was in a private room, with real flowers, and furniture other then the bed he was occupying, and the towers of stuff hooked to him on either side.

Amber was curled up on the couch opposite the bed, still dressed in the jeans and t-shirt she had worn to their little barbecue. Her eyes showed the signs of lots of crying, and what little make up she had been wearing had either been rinsed away under what he knew to have been cold water, or smeared by her tears. Slowly he let his chest rise, then fall, the full breath feeling good. Wow, that was close.

Looking out the window, he could see that it was morning. So what, probably through the night? There was no watch on his wrist, but he could have turned on the TV in the corner. The remote was on his nightstand. But that would risk awaking his angel, which he wanted to avoid. Not yet. The clock on the dresser was straight up hotel issue, with only time, indicating that it was 7: 24 A.M. How useful.

Looking around, he settled on the fact that it was Monday. He would have to sit with her for a second to make sure everything was ok, then he could send her to school, and hit the office. There were deals to be made, money to change hands, and all he was doing in this bed was taking up space.

Suddenly he realized that she was staring at him. He smiled back, and she flew of the couch, straight onto the bed, landing on top of him, holding him close.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god." She squeezed him tight, kissing him all over. "I was so scared, oh my god!" Slowly she eased him down into the pillow, kissing his face, neck, forehead, all over. "Don't ever do that again!"

"Did not plan on it."

"The doctor said that you need to exercise, watch your diet, and maybe take some drugs. He told Markus all the technical parts. God, I was so afraid." Again she squeezed him tight.

"But I'm ok now…"

"BULLSHIT! I talked to some people. Rick said you haven't been working out as much as before. I did a mental count myself, all the business dinners lately. And I heard you ride a cart at your golf games!" Her face was even redder now.

"Yeah, well…"

"NO FUCKING WELL! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!"

"Please, stop yelling at me." His head hurt already. He took a sip of water, buying himself some time. "Ok, so I didn't do…"

"Let me make something clear. I know what you are doing. You aren't fooling me. I talked to Mr. Robinson. He told me that here lately you've been on a frenzy, trying to break records on how much money you guys turn. You don't think I'll take you away from this if I have to?" He could see how serious she was in his eyes.

"I just…"

"Don't even. What did I say about that?"

"Amber. There are things that…"

"…that you can't give me yet?" He nodded, then looked away, unable to take the look she gave him. It was a combination of disgust, anger, and pain. "What did I tell you?"

"I'm sorry."

"Your ticker is working to hard. It can't drive it all. You have to decide. Is it going to be a life with me, or do you want to work yourself to death. Heart disease runs in your family. You are committing suicide."

"I know. I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

"You said it yourself. I can have any man I want. Even twenty something year old studs, who run triathlons for fun, and can keep up with me in the water and in the ring. But I don't want them, they have nothing for me. I want you. I want this man right here, the one who thinks he has to make up for something by buying me things, and taking me places." She kissed him again, sucking his tongue. "I loved you before you showed me all that, and if it is gone tomorrow, I'll love you still. Be my daddy again, let it go."

"I promise."

"I'll keep you to it. If you start slipping again, I'm going to kick you in the nuts." He knew she meant it.

She was not sure if there had ever been this many cars parked in her parents front yard. There were rows of white ribbon to mark off parking spots, and boys with matching fluorescent vests and ball caps made sure that everybody stayed in the boundaries. You had to show an invitation to get past the guys with the radios at the front gate to their property, and Angela was standing by the arch that lead into the meadow where the ceremony would take place, ensuring that everybody had dressed appropriately.


Looking at herself in the mirror, she had admit that she looked good. The train, the veil, it was all what she had dreamed of when she had pictured her wedding as a little girl. It was all here, and she wanted to cry. Looking over at her dad, he nodded, and they walked out of the bedroom, turned right down the hallway, and stepped outside.

The two sections consisted of white folding chairs placed upon the meadow, with a podium at the front for the ceremony. A red carpet had been rolled down the aisle for her, and she stepped onto it, walking down arm in arm with her father.

She could see him now, standing at the end, next to Markus, Morrison, and Randy. They were all smiling at her, Tammy, Jessica, and Margie on the other side all tearing up. Either that, or they were wearing diamonds beneath their eyes. Her father shook the man's hand, then handed her over, and they turned to face the preacher.

"We have gathered her today to join Amber Mathews and Jonathan Games in holy matrimony…"

There were fireworks, organized through ways that she did not want to know about, along with a horse drawn carriage ride to the reception, lots and lots of champagne, and she danced until she could not dance with her husband anymore. He looked much better, fitter, and more alive. Rick had been working him hard, knowing fully well that all it would take was one call to Amber to have her down in the gym, screaming, ranting and raving. He only did it once, and it scared even the massive black man.