The Purveyor of Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
legerdemer
legerdemer
107 Followers

"Welcome back! Mr. Hartmann, right? Cole, ain't it?" Tommy grinned at him.

"Right you are, Tommy! Good mem'ry!"

"You been gone a long time! Pint of ale for ya?"

Cole nodded yes. "I just returned. Was thinkin', well, I wanted to check on things. Was curious about how Maddie Spelling and her babe got on. And Lindy."

Tommy smiled again. "Maddie and Colette--that's the name of the little girl--are doin' real well. She's a spirited one, that little girl. She's got a spark, she does. Hard to believe Jake fathered her. Anyways, Maddie and Colette moved in with Lindy shortly after the little girl was born."

"What did Jake have to say about that?"

Tommy shrugged. "He didn't seem too hurt about it much at all. When he's in town, that is. He travels mos' of the time these days, ain't been seen 'round these parts since summer."

"Why's that?"

"It's all pretty mysterious, but I did hear a bit of what Maddie told Lindy. Seems at first that medicine he bought off ya worked wonders and he was happy as can be. In time, though, seems he touched Maddie less an' less, until he stopped sleepin' with her altogether. And it wasn't jus' Maddie. He used to come 'round to see Kit about every weekend, s'pposedly for market day. Kit let on she tol' him to stop wastin' his money, 'cause he jus' couldn't... perform."

Cole barely contained his smile. "Did he know why?

"Not as far as I know. He jus' complained that even the best and most expensive medicine couldn't turn a sow into a princess. I wouldn't say Colette misses him much. And I ain't never seen Maddie so happy since she was a little girl herself! That Colette just made Maddie blossom! Neither of them's hardly ever without a smile on their faces."

"And Miss Lindy? How's she?"

"Miss Lindy is doin' jus' fine, Mr. Hartmann," a familiar melodious voice said behind him. "Glad to see what the Santa Ana wind brought in off the desert. And she's curious what new wares you might have for us."

~~~The End~~~

Author's Notes: Thank you for reading my submission to the 2016 April Fool's Contest. It would not have seen the light of day were it not for a gauntlet thrown by AMoveableBeast, challenging me. Furthermore, I owe him and AlwaysHungry a debt of gratitude for their editing help and their input, especially under duress.

If you enjoyed the story, I'd appreciate your vote, and your constructive comments - I am always interested in my readers' feedback.

legerdemer
legerdemer
107 Followers