The Race Driver

Story Info
Beth meets a Formula 1 racer.
14.8k words
4.49
23.5k
00
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Beth sat at the bar waiting for her best friend to arrive. It had been months since they had seen each other and this had bothered Beth deeply. For years they had shared all the highs and lows of each others lives. It was a friendship that Beth felt would always be there. Over the past couple of years they had grown apart and Beth had searched deep within herself trying to figure out why this had happened.

When Beth had finally realized what had went wrong in their friendship it had hurt her deeply. She had finally realized that when all had been well in her life, was the only time when all had been well in her friendship with Kay. As long as Beth was there for Kay they had a good friendship but when the time came that Beth had to put her personal commitments before Kay's the friendship had began to fall apart.

She had taken the first step to get in touch with her friend in the hopes that they could repair their friendship. Kay was always late so Beth was not surprised that she was sitting in a crowded bar waiting on her friend. After an hour had passed Beth knew that Kay wasn't coming.

Kay was the one who had suggested meeting at this bar when Beth had talked to her. It was one of those sports bars that the men and surprisingly women as well, were so fond of these days. There were more then a dozen TV's mounted on the walls in various areas of the bar. No matter where anyone was sitting they would have a clear view to a TV.

Beth wasn't really very sports minded. She knew that she absolutely hated basketball, and ice hockey. She did like to watch a football game now and then when the state team was playing on Monday Night Football. She also enjoyed watching a baseball game as well. What she really did enjoy watching was golf, which was surprising to her.

Golf had been a big bone of contention with her and her ex husband when they were married. He spent all his money playing golf all during the warmer months and spent 10 days each winter with his buddies on a golf outing to North Carolina. During the winter months all his time, money and energy went into rebuilding two old cars he owned, and giving the rest of his money to the Snap On man for more tools.

So when she realized how much she had enjoyed watching golf on TV it had really surprised her. She was a huge fan of Phil Michelson and Kenny Perry. She was not a fan of Tiger Woods, she felt that he was to full of himself and lately she had noticed that he didn't conduct himself very well on the golf courses when he wasn't doing well.

She had decided she would finish her drink and leave when she heard a mans voice asking her if she was feeling alright. She looked up into the eyes of the man who was sitting a couple of seats down from her.

Beth had noticed him when she first sat down at the bar. He had those rugged good looks all women fell for and looked a little out of place. She hadn't looked his way again until he spoke to her.

"I'm sorry I don't mean to sound rude or anything but you just looked so very deep in thought that I thought maybe there was something wrong."

Beth was looking at his eyes and found her gaze traveling to his mouth as he spoke. She liked the way his lips moved as he formed the words, she found herself wondering how those lips would feel rubbing against hers in a deep sensual kiss. She snapped back to reality bringing her gaze back to his eyes.

"I'm fine thank you, and you were correct I was just deep in thought," she told him.

"You looked awfully sad and near to tears," he said quietly.

Before Beth could make a comment, he spoke again.

"Hon, no man is worth the time or tears if he stands you up and I have a feeling this isn't the first time he's done this to you."

Beth couldn't help but smile, he was so far off in his assumption.

Jay was struck by her smile, it actually lit up her eyes. Now he was really curious, if it wasn't a man who had made her look so sad then what was it he wondered? She wore no ring on her ring finger so he assumed she was unattached. His mind was pondering the thought that she might be a Lesbian and it was her female lover who had stood her up. Maybe that was the reason for that smile of hers.

"Leave it to a man to assume a woman's discomfort is because of a man," she said smiling at him. " I could be upset because my car broke down, maybe I had a really bad day at work, or maybe it's because my husband is late again," she told him still smiling at him.

"Ok, I can buy the car breaking down, or even a bad day at work, but I don't buy the husband bit because you don't have a ring on," he told her smiling back at her.

"Ok, so no husband, but it still could be one of the other two reasons."

Jay moved down the bar until he was sitting in the chair next to her.

"Ok, so which one of the other two is it if you don't mind my asking?"

"Actually it's neither one I'm afraid. I was supposed to meet my best friend here but it seems she isn't coming."

There was that sad look in her eyes again and it made him all the more curious as to the reason for it. Hell, he was as bad as a woman, he was thinking to himself. He was getting nosy and it was really none of his business, but he couldn't stop himself from wondering what the reason was for the sad look in her eyes. He didn't realize he was smiling, but the thought had just popped into his mind that at least she wasn't a Lesbian after all.

Beth liked his smile, she could easily see how that smile of his would get him good marks with the ladies. He was tall, she had noticed that when he had gotten up to move down the bar to sit at her side. He was taller then her sons so he was well over 6' 4".

She couldn't stop the questions that were running through her head. She knew he didn't belong here, not at this bar and not in this town. He was to polished, to well dressed, and she had a feeling that the tan he was sporting didn't come from the tanning booths.

"Your not from around here are you," she asked him?

"How very astute of you, what gave me away," he asked her smiling?

"Your manner, your clothes and the tan your sporting," she told him bluntly. "So I'm assuming that your from one of the warmer states, Florida, Texas, or maybe California and your probably here on business or visiting a friend or relative, am I close in my assumptions," she asked him?

"Your pretty good, but you have the state wrong. I'm from Hawaii and yes I'm here on business." He held his hand out to her. "I guess if we're going to go on guessing about each other then we should at least introduce ourselves. I'm Jay, pleased to meet you."

Beth had reached for his handshake and introduced herself. His handshake was firm and Beth liked that. She just hated men who had wimpy handshakes, it actually made her feel creepy to have touched them. That was one of the biggest turn offs she had when meeting a man.

" Now that we have been introduced may I buy you a drink?"

"Thanks, but no, I guess I should get going. I'm sure she won't show up now so no use hanging around."

"Look, it's getting close to dinner time and I would love for you to join me. It's pretty boring eating alone, especially when your in a strange town. I promise I don't bite and I really would enjoy your company."

Beth was trying to figure out why this stranger would want her company for dinner. He must be really bored she was thinking, just wanting someone to talk to for a bit. Oh well, why not, she didn't feel like going home to cook, and the idea of going to a restaurant to eat alone didn't appeal to her anymore then it did him.

"Ok, but I will pay for my own meal," she told him.

"Beth I've never let a lady pay for any meal when she shares one with me and I sure as hell won't start now. I invited you to be my guest, to keep me company and for some much needed conversation," he told her with a huge smile on his face.

"Ok, I'll be a good guest then," she told him.

He stood up and offered her his hand, leading her over to one of the empty tables farthest from the door away from the cool air coming in when someone new would come inside. He wasn't used to this kind of cold, being used to the sunshine in Hawaii or Milan where he spent a good portion of his time. He seated her then took the chair across from her. A waiter came over and left them with the food menu, telling them he would give them a few minutes to make their dinner selections.

He asked her what she wanted so he would be ready with their order when the waiter returned. Beth had never had anyone order her meal for her, not even her ex husband on the rare occasions when they were out. He placed their order and ordered them both another drink.

"So, if you don't mind my asking or sounding to nosy, just what brings you to our little town," she asked him.

"I'm here overseeing some design modifications that are being made on some engine parts."

So he must be some type of Automotive engineer, but still she had a feeling he was more then that. She had met Lee Iacocca and Bill Ford years ago when they had happened into the truck stop she had worked at and although they both had the look of money and power neither one of them seemed to be as polished as this man was.

Jay was intently watching a car race that was on the TV to the left of him so Beth had a few moments to study this stranger sitting across from her. Nope, he wasn't an engineer she decided, he didn't look or dress the part. So he must own some car company or from his interest in the race on TV he was either a big fan or he might just own a race car.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you but I wanted to check on the progress of this race," he told her.

"I've never understood people's fascination with cars racing around a track," she remarked.

"No matter what kind of race it happens to be, say Nascar, Stock Cars, Dragsters, or Formula 1 racers they all have the same things in common. They drive for the thrill, the speed, and the chance to be number one.

"Your more then just a fan of racing aren't you," she asked him?

"A fan yes, owner yes, and sometimes driver, yes to all three," he told her with a huge smile on his face. " I'm an owner in a Formula 1 race team, I was just checking out some of the competition. We have a race coming up at Monza, that is where the first World Championship Italian Grand Prix was held back in 1950."

They talked some more about racing, a little about each other, about music, movies all the normal things people chat about when first getting to know someone.

Beth hadn't realized how late it was until she glanced at the clock hanging behind the bar on her way back from the ladies room. My god, they had been talking for more than four hours, it was close to midnight and she needed to get home to let the dogs out.

"Jay, it's getting late and I need to get home to let my dogs out. Thank you again for dinner. I enjoyed the meal and our conversation,"

"Hang on a minute Beth and let me pay our bill, then I will walk you out to your car," he told her as he stood up, then taking her arm he led her up to the bar where he paid their bill.

When they reached her car Beth again thanked him for the meal.

"Would you do me the honor of having dinner with me again tomorrow night Beth?"

Now this really surprised Beth, she never expected for him to want her to join him for dinner again.

"Before you say no, I really would enjoy your company. I enjoyed having you to talk to and I really don't want to spend another night eating alone. So come on say you will join me?"

Beth couldn't help herself when she told him she would be delighted to. When he asked her for her address she told him she would meet him because it would be to hard to explain to him how to find her home.

"So any suggestions on where we should eat," he asked her.

Beth knew that he was staying at McCamly Plaza Hotel so she told him that they could eat at Clara's on the River. She told him to ask anyone at the Hotel how to get there as it was only about three blocks behind the Hotel and that she would meet him there at 7:00 pm the following evening.

The following evening Beth was still trying to figure out why Jay would want her company for dinner again. They were two entirely different people from far different worlds. She figured he was just amusing himself with her while trying to pass the time in a small town where there wasn't much of anything for him to do while he was here.

She arrived about ten minutes to seven and was impressed that he was already there waiting for her to arrive.

"This is a charming little restaurant, and I was told by two of the workers at the Hotel that they have some good food here," he told her, as he rested his hand in the small of her back leading her to the front door.

Beth had a momentary feeling of warmth flow through her when she felt his hand at her back. Get it together girl she was telling herself, this man is way out of your league.

After they were seated he gave the waitress their drink order. They discussed the menu and decided on their dinner selections. When the waitress arrived with their drinks he told her they were ready to order.

"You know seeing a town all decorated for Christmas in a town where there is actually snow is a whole lot different then seeing one where everything is green and the temperatures are warm," he told her smiling. "I drove around looking at all the decorations when I first arrived in town. It makes you want to be a kid again counting down the days until Santa would arrive."

"Yes, it is pretty but it doesn't hold a candle as far as I'm concerned to the decorations in Marshall. I always look forward to the Christmas parade and have never missed one since being a small child. The first Monday after Thanksgiving is when the Christmas parade is, that's when the lights and decorations are turned on for the first time."

"I take it that is where you grew up," he said?

"Yes, both of my parents were from there and all six of us kids were born there. My uncle owned the welding shop and was well known around town. When his youngest son graduated high school he went to work on the police force, then ended up being a Sargent on the county sheriff's department until he retired." Their meal arrived and they spent the next couple of hours talking about each others live's and families.

"So do you have someplace around here where you can go and dance," he asked her.

Beth was positive he was not used to going to the types of bars like they had here in town. In fact they only had three bars that had bands anymore. Most of the bars were sports bars and didn't offer music or dancing. One bar at the far end of town was to rough a place to go to anymore. One was geared for the young, alternative and rapper types of music and the other was a mix of country and rock-n-roll. The only trouble with that one was if you didn't get there early you could never find anywhere to sit and once the band started playing it was so loud you couldn't even talk to the person next to you without shouting.

"We only have one bar here in town where they play a mix of country and rock-n-roll where you can dance, but after the band starts playing it's usually packed and you can never get a table."

"Ok. Then how about catching a late movie somewhere," he asked?

"You must really be bored Jay," she told him laughing.

"Now why would you say that," he asked her with a puzzled look on his face.

"When was the last time you went to a movie?"

"Hang on, I'm trying to think. You know I can't remember when it was come to think of it," he told her grinning. "Well I'm up for a movie if you are? Do they still sell popcorn at the movies," he asked her winking at her?

"I have a better idea, you drive and I'll give you directions. I know of this other bar where they play music and there is dancing come to think of it," she told him grinning at him.

Beth had a wicked streak in her that came out from time to time and this was one of those times. She was positive that he would have never expected what was about to happen to him.

"Heartbeats huh? Slow dancing so you can hear your partners heartbeat while you hold her close is that it," he asked her as they made their way to the front door?

Beth didn't answer him because he would know the minute they walked inside the reason for the name. She was dying to see the expression on his face when he realized where she had taken him.

She thought she had noticed a moment of shock on his face before he laughed out loud, grinning ear to ear. The doorman told him there would be a five dollar cover charge for him but ladies got in free. Jay paid the guy the five bucks and followed Beth over to a table near the stage.

"My, my, but you are full of surprises Ms. Beth. Been a few years since I've been in a strip bar," he said winking at her.

"Well, they do play music and there is dancing, I just didn't mention what kind of dancing," she said laughingly.

While they were waiting for the drinks they had ordered Jay decided to ask Beth why. "So what possessed you to bring me here?"

"I don't know, guess I was feeling a bit wicked and thought you would get a kick out of it," she told him. "Give you something different to think about when you go back to your hotel rather then engine parts or how bored you are."

"Tell me, did you happen to think that maybe this might give me a very restless night instead?"

"Well, no I didn't, but if it does, at least it will take your mind off of car parts or boredom."

"I have to agree with you there, but then it will put my mind into really feeling lonely and of needing to feel a nice warm body laying next to mine. Any suggestions?"

Beth felt the warmth enter her cheeks, his question and the twinkle in his eyes were as if he were flirting with her, as if telling her that he wouldn't mind if it were her body laying next to his. Beth had never thought for one moment that this man found her anything more then just a nice person to talk to while he was stuck in this boring little town.

"Well, now that you know where this place is, if you come back here after returning me to my car I would bet my last dollar that when you left here you wouldn't be going alone," she told him smiling shyly.

Jay was about to lead her into a more intimate conversation then decided better of it. In two days time he already knew that she was not a woman who would go to bed with just anyone, and especially not with someone who was still a relative stranger to her.

They stayed for about an hour then he suggested that they leave. Truth was the naked women were getting him more aroused then he wanted. He wasn't thinking about them though, his mind was involved with Beth and what he would like to be doing to her right then.

When they got back to the restaurant parking lot he asked her for her phone number.

"I'm meeting with some engineers tomorrow afternoon Beth and it will probably last through the dinner hour, but I would like to call you later that evening just to chat if you wouldn't mind?"

She gave him her phone number and told him she would look forward to his call. He helped her into her car then made sure she was safely on her way before he left to return to the Hotel. He had to restrain himself both physically and emotionally because he desperately wanted to kiss her good night.

He called as promised the next evening and they chatted for about an hour before saying goodnight.

Beth had just gotten of the phone with her sister. She was to meet them at the Stagecoach for dinner where they would stay until it was time for the Christmas parade.

She hadn't gotten more then ten feet from the phone before it rang again. "Hello?"

"Hi Beth, What time is that parade tonight? I thought we'd take in the parade then get some dinner when it was over?"

Beth was lost for words, all day she had been harboring the idea of inviting him to join her for the parade but she thought it would be something to ordinary for him. Now here he was on the phone wanting to go with her.